"double Or Nothing Sngs On Pokerstars"

Played another 4 and am now 8/11 (72%) I think that is a $3.8 profit (I played 2 non-turbos). I should have a higher percentage going forward in these $1 double or nothing now that i know that I can't do more than 4 tables at once.
Good job buddy. As long as your around a 70% win rate...your making money and you'll see the winnings coming in slowly. In which your BR will reflect a bigger amount of profits as you log a larger sample size of these DN sngs.
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm creative name, where'd you get it?
This name is a stolen one :club: It comes from a mmorpg that I played together with a friend who called himself Weandigo. We played often together and I thought it would be fun to create a character that resembled him as much as possible to confuse other people that we came across in the gameworld, to make them belive we were clones :ts I like the name because no matter where I want to register the name is never taken :)on topic: just played 4 5.2$ turbo's and won all 4 of them!And like stated earlier, I agree that this a game where you often come in situations where you fold good hands. I have never folded AA though, but very often folded AK hands.The best I folded now was ATs when 6 handed and when I was 4/6 remaining players. the top two was rich and could afford to take a risk and the two below me where enough below me that they had to take some big risks before I got came in the danger zone.However at the same time at another table where I was 4/6 I pushed QTo in the small blind against the big blind who was 6/6. Not the best push hand I guess but If I had folded he would have become 5/6 and with my SB gone I would drop to 6/6. The BB ended up calling with JTs and was in bad shape against my QT.

Decided I felt like playing these tonight so I played the 5.50 level for about two and a half hours playing between 9 and 14 turbos and a time...played 48 in total and went 29 and 19 in them which is a around 60%...it was only a measly 16% roi though so I have to do a little better...im sure playing so many at a time wasnt smart but these are pretty boring and that is the only way to make them interesting...playing bigger would make it more interesting too but I need to build back my ps br first before i can do that...I just hope that the fisheys werent out in the cash games tonight well I sat around playing double ups haha...

3/4 on them today. The one I lost my aces were cracked on a 7 high flop by a set of 3's. I wasn't good enough to lay my aces down on his reraise.Allthough without a read on the player I think laying down the aces would have been a bad move because most of the time you end up against another pocket over-pair.In one of the others I doubled up almost exactly like it. I had JJ and he had 88.. we got a 6 high flop. he pushed all-in, I called and doubled up.I'm currently at 111$ profit thanks to the double or nothing's that's one fifth of my Pokerstars bankroll.

I don't keep track but I've played about 20 of these, cashed in I would guess 14-15.Here's a hand I was wondering about.Blinds at 100/200 plus ante 6 playersChip stacks roughly:Button: 1300sb: 2400BB (me): 1400UTG:2800UTG+1: 4600CO: 700I am BB with Ks 10sUTG+1) makes it 600 - chip leader but kind of weak playerShortstack goes all in for 710Folds to meShould I call off 45% of my stack to double the chances to pick off shortstack, risking my own tournament if he wins?He will be in the BB soon so he has a pretty wide range

I don't keep track but I've played about 20 of these, cashed in I would guess 14-15.Here's a hand I was wondering about.Blinds at 100/200 plus ante 6 playersChip stacks roughly:Button: 1300sb: 2400BB (me): 1400UTG:2800UTG+1: 4600CO: 700I am BB with Ks 10sUTG+1) makes it 600 - chip leader but kind of weak playerShortstack goes all in for 710Folds to meShould I call off 45% of my stack to double the chances to pick off shortstack, risking my own tournament if he wins?He will be in the BB soon so he has a pretty wide range
I think I would fold this BG, you only need 1 more player eliminated, still decent chip count even if the short stack does win the hand.
I think I would fold this BG, you only need 1 more player eliminated, still decent chip count even if the short stack does win the hand.
But the original raiser could have been just blind stealing, I am shortstacked as well
But the original raiser could have been just blind stealing, I am shortstacked as well
100% Clear cut fold imo. I'd be mucking AQ and AK here with the chance to end the tournament and not risk my life. Even if he doubles there is still three shorties left and then you can worry about applying the pressure. ICM dictates this a super easy fold.
100% Clear cut fold imo. I'd be mucking AQ and AK here with the chance to end the tournament and not risk my life. Even if he doubles there is still three shorties left and then you can worry about applying the pressure. ICM dictates this a super easy fold.
Really?I see your point about being three shorties, but if the short stack wins, then there are only two and I am gambling to be the one that survives.
Really?I see your point about being three shorties, but if the short stack wins, then there are only two and I am gambling to be the one that survives.
unless u hit the flop really hard how do you intend to play the hand? check fold to a bet? it leaves you on life support if small stack does win, and you would have to shove with almost any 2 right? my thinking is, if you fold it still can end right there, if shorty wins you're still left with 1200 in sb and can do damage or still fold till next BB , make sence?

I would also fold for three reasons:1) Blinds are still low enough to give you some chance to play around. 2) there are other players on your table with about the same stack as you. So with folding you won't be the only guy on the table in bad shape.... If the button guy was richer (like 2k) you should call cause folding would put you clearly last and you would need big luck to survive... about the same position you'll be in when you call imo :)3) There is a big stack on the table who is often willing to risk chips if he continues to do that he might get lucky once against an AK push from someone for example.I don't agree with the comment about that he would have trouble to play the hand after the flop... unless the big stack is really insane he'll just check it down no?

I don't agree with the comment about that he would have trouble to play the hand after the flop... unless the big stack is really insane he'll just check it down no?
I disagree somewhat, if im the big stack in this pot I dont really care who I eliminate, so if i 'm big stack and i get any part of the flop i'm putting BB in this case BG all in also.lets say flop is 8 high with 2 spades, BG checks , im big stack and i have an 8, or I pair any one of the cards on the board, im betting enough to put BG all in ,(I dont need to know his hand here) if he calls and misses hes out right? I win , if he calls and hits flush then short stacks more than likely out right? win win for me, if he folds and shorty wins, no biggie now BG is on life support.

True in this case since he has KTs, but many of us said they would fold KTs, many would fold even bigger things. So someone who calls there might very well have something like QQ. For that reason I wouldn't bet on just top pair 8. You risk that his QQ holds up and the shorty spikes something bigger and suddenly there are no short stacks anymore.Not a situation that will happen often I know, but with checking it down at least you are 100% certain that one guy will be out or the other guy on serious life support.... then again the way the big stack is discribed I doubt he will think like that so you might have a point :club:

I must say playing these type of sngs are way different from the normal sngs. Once you've built your stack up to/or more than 2k your strategy is more so to try and preserve your stack. If you open with a marginal hand and someone shoves over the top of you, you'll have to use good judgement here and take into consideration how many people left and their chip count. Callin the all in b/c you have odds to call isnt always the right play. its more so like survivor sngs ! playing these double or nothing sit and goes..... YOu have to always be aware of how many people are remaning till you cash and everyones' chip sizes, its a must!

i have tried these like the most of you...I have had some good success..7 for 10 so far..I have found that you need to totally have a different mind set...Its all about chips, position, time left in the round and other players stacks..I had to fold a monster hand yesterday..On the turn I had top two and nut flush draw and had to muck the hand as the chip leader made a huge bet over the top and I was sure he had a straight. The correct math play was the obvious call, however I had a lot of chips and i would be out if i called and lost.Total different game.

i have tried these like the most of you...I have had some good success..7 for 10 so far..I have found that you need to totally have a different mind set...Its all about chips, position, time left in the round and other players stacks..I had to fold a monster hand yesterday..On the turn I had top two and nut flush draw and had to muck the hand as the chip leader made a huge bet over the top and I was sure he had a straight. The correct math play was the obvious call, however I had a lot of chips and i would be out if i called and lost.Total different game.
I totally agree w/you 100%. Im 11 for 15 and it does get stressing at times. This is definitely not poker! If you're still learning how to play poker, i strongly suggest you stay away from this. You'll develope vbad habbits. You wouldnt want to carry those bad habbits into your normal poker tournament.gl all.

Played 57 more 5.50 turbos...this time between 12 and 15 tables..it got a little nuts for a little...I dont normally play that many tables...I went 36 and 21 which a 63% winning percentage which is pretty consistent with yesterdays results...Overall im 64 and 41 now...61% winning percentage...still kinda eh...i think ive played a few more than ive actually been able to keep track of but my comp is getting fixed now and i dont have poker tracker on this one to give me the accurate results...I still think i can do a little better...was distracted watching the football game today and a little annoyed from the money that I lost in cash games before hand...Next time I play I have to try to get the winning % up a little bit...These are also really flattening out my sharkscope haha...

It's a hard hand to play... you fold, and short guy wins, you're are in line to be the next to go, you call and he wins you're still the next in line to go... You call and you lose but big stack wins you make the money, You call and you win, yahoo... You fold and big stack wins, you're in the money... I call here all day... this is a definate call for me with all factors considered... If this guy goes all in, and the next spot is like winning the tournament why on god's green earth would you fold out of the big blind with a shot to knock him out?... You aren't going to see alot more hands, the only thing left is alot of gamble, by calling you maximize your shot to get in the money... Say you lose, you aren't out... you can still try and come back, by folding you are still hinging your whole tourney on that hand, if he goes out or he doesn't, if he doesn't go out, you are a clear short stack any ways, you may as well be the short stack and say you did everything you could to make it to the money...
It's a hard hand to play... you fold, and short guy wins, you're are in line to be the next to go, you call and he wins you're still the next in line to go... You call and you lose but big stack wins you make the money, You call and you win, yahoo... You fold and big stack wins, you're in the money... I call here all day... this is a definate call for me with all factors considered... If this guy goes all in, and the next spot is like winning the tournament why on god's green earth would you fold out of the big blind with a shot to knock him out?... You aren't going to see alot more hands, the only thing left is alot of gamble, by calling you maximize your shot to get in the money... Say you lose, you aren't out... you can still try and come back, by folding you are still hinging your whole tourney on that hand, if he goes out or he doesn't, if he doesn't go out, you are a clear short stack any ways, you may as well be the short stack and say you did everything you could to make it to the money...
This is exactly what I was thinking after I folded.If I win or if the big stack wins, then gold so a 2/3 times gold call here.the one thing that goes bad is if short stack wins, and I am still not out, just down, and with sb next I have about 2 full rounds to double up.
You should call, unless you hate money.
As it was I folded, they both had AK off, but 3 spades by the turn.Instead they split, and the other short sack went on to bust a few hands later.But I think a call was the right play since the circumstances for the short stack made his range so wide open.

5/8 today on the 5.2$ turbo'stwo of the ones I won I was in position 6 of 6, but two big stacks that clearly don't understand the game went all-in and got crippled or eliminated to put me in the money without having to risk anything :)The weak play can sometimes cost you too though... For example when A8o calls your AK mid-position raise and then gets an 8 second pair on the flop and calls you cont bet too in early stage with still 10 people on the table. That's how I got crippled in one of the games I lost.70 wins in 115 of the 5.2$'s now or 60.8% win.

Exact situation came again, almost exactly the same.PokerStars Game #22558189049: Tournament #124409064, $10.00+$0.80 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2008/12/02 12:08:57 ETTable '124409064 1' 10-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: michell233 (4615 in chips) Seat 3: mathijs8 (935 in chips) Seat 4: Kardasj (2490 in chips) Seat 5: Kaser96 (2810 in chips) Seat 6: PTBalloon (1895 in chips) Seat 10: !DK.Hend+*! (2255 in chips) michell233: posts the ante 20mathijs8: posts the ante 20Kardasj: posts the ante 20Kaser96: posts the ante 20PTBalloon: posts the ante 20!DK.Hend+*!: posts the ante 20Kaser96: posts small blind 100PTBalloon: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to PTBalloon [Kh 7h]!DK.Hend+*!: folds michell233: folds mathijs8: raises 715 to 915 and is all-inKardasj: calls 915Kaser96: folds PTBalloon: calls 715*** FLOP *** [9s Jh 6s]PTBalloon: checks Kardasj: checks *** TURN *** [9s Jh 6s] [Ac]PTBalloon: checks Kardasj: checks *** RIVER *** [9s Jh 6s Ac] [5s]PTBalloon: checks Kardasj: checks *** SHOW DOWN ***PTBalloon: shows [Kh 7h] (high card Ace)mathijs8: shows [Js Kd] (a pair of Jacks)Kardasj: shows [Qh Qs] (a pair of Queens)Kardasj collected 2965 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2965 | Rake 0 Board [9s Jh 6s Ac 5s]Seat 1: michell233 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: mathijs8 showed [Js Kd] and lost with a pair of JacksSeat 4: Kardasj (button) showed [Qh Qs] and won (2965) with a pair of QueensSeat 5: Kaser96 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: PTBalloon (big blind) showed [Kh 7h] and lost with high card AceSeat 10: !DK.Hend+*! folded before Flop (didn't bet)

70 wins in 115 of the 5.2$'s now or 60.8% win.
What winning % has everyone else been experiencing in there...and with how many tables going at a time?
Exact situation came again, almost exactly the same.PokerStars Game #22558189049: Tournament #124409064, $10.00+$0.80 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2008/12/02 12:08:57 ETTable '124409064 1' 10-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: michell233 (4615 in chips) Seat 3: mathijs8 (935 in chips) Seat 4: Kardasj (2490 in chips) Seat 5: Kaser96 (2810 in chips) Seat 6: PTBalloon (1895 in chips) Seat 10: !DK.Hend+*! (2255 in chips) michell233: posts the ante 20mathijs8: posts the ante 20Kardasj: posts the ante 20Kaser96: posts the ante 20PTBalloon: posts the ante 20!DK.Hend+*!: posts the ante 20Kaser96: posts small blind 100PTBalloon: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to PTBalloon [Kh 7h]!DK.Hend+*!: folds michell233: folds mathijs8: raises 715 to 915 and is all-inKardasj: calls 915Kaser96: folds PTBalloon: calls 715*** FLOP *** [9s Jh 6s]PTBalloon: checks Kardasj: checks *** TURN *** [9s Jh 6s] [Ac]PTBalloon: checks Kardasj: checks *** RIVER *** [9s Jh 6s Ac] [5s]PTBalloon: checks Kardasj: checks *** SHOW DOWN ***PTBalloon: shows [Kh 7h] (high card Ace)mathijs8: shows [Js Kd] (a pair of Jacks)Kardasj: shows [Qh Qs] (a pair of Queens)Kardasj collected 2965 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2965 | Rake 0 Board [9s Jh 6s Ac 5s]Seat 1: michell233 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: mathijs8 showed [Js Kd] and lost with a pair of JacksSeat 4: Kardasj (button) showed [Qh Qs] and won (2965) with a pair of QueensSeat 5: Kaser96 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: PTBalloon (big blind) showed [Kh 7h] and lost with high card AceSeat 10: !DK.Hend+*! folded before Flop (didn't bet)
I probably would have folded that time. The difference here is you have a little more than 300 chips and you already paid the bb, plus the guy that called would have been the shortstack if he lost, instead of you. Also, that guy would have been in the blinds before you. I don't hate the call to possible end the tournament though.