"double Or Nothing Sngs On Pokerstars"

Hand 1 I certainly play the same for the reasons you stated. It pads your lead and its nobody is really is a lot of danger to be knocked out. lol at his raise and call, though.Hand 2 is meh...Yeah the ss is about to be the blind, but its not gtd he goes out and if he doesnt you guys are even. I probably shove there, aswell, thought im not sure if its right. I dunno know, maybe i fold and pray that the ss goes out.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hand 1 I do the same thing as you.Hand 2 is tough. I prob lean towards fold because of the fact that you would be shoving into the big stack who is most likely to call you at that stage. I'm not positive though. I could also see myself shoving this so you just have to take a pick and go with it. I hit a little bit of a rough patch the last few days. Had a stretch where I lost 6 of 7. ew. Went 2-0 today. My overall record in the 10 turbos is now 29 and 20 through 49 games. I hit two small rough patches so far that have killed me. I really wanna try and get that winning % higher.

Just wanted to add my two cents as someone who has played a lot of the super turbos. The strategy for the two types of tournies is nowhere near the same. I was going to add a bunch of reasons why but it looks like Eddie has taken care of that for me
Whats your sn, and what levels?

In the super-turbo/DoN strat thing, here is a prefect example of what im talking aboutPokerStars Game #22933305115: Tournament #127155023, $10.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2008/12/15 3:22:27 ETTable '127155023 1' 10-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: Supertom12 (4100 in chips) Seat 4: WiggleThb (3215 in chips) Seat 5: bwjschol (2100 in chips) Seat 7: fswaney (840 in chips) Seat 8: KevinJA8FCP (2795 in chips) Seat 9: nmp888 (1950 in chips) Supertom12: posts the ante 25WiggleThb: posts the ante 25bwjschol: posts the ante 25fswaney: posts the ante 25KevinJA8FCP: posts the ante 25nmp888: posts the ante 25Supertom12: posts small blind 125WiggleThb: posts big blind 250*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to KevinJA8FCP [Kd Kc]bwjschol: folds fswaney: folds KevinJA8FCP: raises 500 to 750nmp888: folds Supertom12: folds WiggleThb: folds Uncalled bet (500) returned to KevinJA8FCPKevinJA8FCP collected 775 from potKevinJA8FCP: doesn't show hand Looking back, as soon as I made the raise, I wanted it back. I should have either 1) Folded or 2) Raise smaller and fold to any re-raise from a larger stack.You would NEVER consider ANYTHING like this in anything but a DoN

maybe i shouldnt shove here, i prob shoulda just had the sitout button on. But, seriously......this guy is comfortabling sitting 2/7 and he doesnt hesistate to call thisSeat 1: JDeMarco0832 (2645 in chips) Seat 3: ex_spy (1175 in chips) Seat 4: yomann (1985 in chips) Seat 5: Bergsturken (1235 in chips) Seat 7: i love roids (1845 in chips) Seat 8: noktoo (2045 in chips) Seat 10: KevinJA8FCP (4070 in chips) JDeMarco0832: posts the ante 25ex_spy: posts the ante 25yomann: posts the ante 25Bergsturken: posts the ante 25i love roids: posts the ante 25noktoo: posts the ante 25KevinJA8FCP: posts the ante 25ex_spy: posts small blind 125yomann: posts big blind 250*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to KevinJA8FCP [As Ad]Bergsturken: folds i love roids: folds noktoo: folds KevinJA8FCP: raises 3795 to 4045 and is all-inJDeMarco0832: calls 2620 and is all-inex_spy: folds yomann: folds Uncalled bet (1425) returned to KevinJA8FCP*** FLOP *** [3c Jc 8h]*** TURN *** [3c Jc 8h] [8d]*** RIVER *** [3c Jc 8h 8d] [5h]*** SHOW DOWN ***KevinJA8FCP: shows [As Ad] (two pair, Aces and Eights)JDeMarco0832: shows [Js Jd] (a full house, Jacks full of Eights)JDeMarco0832 collected 5790 from pot

5-4, grinding out the last one...phew, just had J6>A6 on bubble, should be able to cash nowfinished 6-4 after starting 3-4. I'll take the nice 16 profit and call it a night.

idk about that kk hand d00d none of the bigger stacks can really tangle w/ you w/ less than kk or aa anyway I'd just shove there. if I get called by aa there just pop off a king.but really we 70-30+ against everything but AA if there were 2 900 chip stacks or like a 400 chip stack or something like that i could see open folding as an option as we can safely peg our chances of cashing more than 70%.but as of right now, I just shove. If someone calls us lighter than the other two kowboys it hurts them a hell of a lot more than us. I'm tired right now tho and going to bed now so there's a chance I wake up tomorrow morning and look at this and say wtf did i just ramble on about.quick edit: just looked at the icm. From what I got from this, it's slightly +ev if we shove but we can raise/ fold if we open to 550 or something like that if we are sure they never repop us lighter than kk,aa.if we shove and their range is JJ+, ak it's a .10% shove if their range is kk,aa like it should be it is a .26% shove

With the AA I make it 3x the BB. You have enough chips where you are at the point where you can play a more normal brand of poker to try and knock people out. Collecting the blinds and antes doesnt isnt gonna have a huge effect on your tourney at that point. With your opponents stack sizes making it 3x is prob gonna lead to u two getting all in anyway which is exactly what you want. The difference is that a lot of the players here only think about the street that they are currently on not the street ahead. They will call off half their stack preflop and then not realize to till the flop that they are now committed where as had you of just shoved they would have just folded preflop. But, with the way the hand played out there was nothing you could have done and u would have been all in on the flop anyway with the blinds as big as they are.

I don't mind the way AA is played... normally almost nobody call you if you do a big shove like that ... and with your stack in first place that's exactly what you want. The JJ guy certainly had no reason whatsoever to call you. Too bad he didn't get punished for his stupidity.in the earlier post: The KK hand is also played well if it was only 6 people left yeah maybe you can fold it, but with 7 people left and still lots of time to play around folding KK would be bad. If you want to play a little tighter you can just call and fold if an A appears.AK is unlucky the way it played out. I think folding would be the right play but I can't say I fold that 100% of the time in that situation. Titans can afford it easily so his range is pretty big. I just won one where I was too rich too care and called from the BB with J2 against a shortystack push with A7.I played 16 turbo's today, 11 won (69% win, 26.8$ profit)in the first 8 I played I never got a stack bigger than 2k ... but still managed to cash in 5 of them. just to show you really don't need to be a hero to make a profit in these DoN's

took the weekend off, too sick to even play online poker.2-0 tonite, however. Feeling good about my game.played one hand, not sure if i did right.8 left, i think, folded to me on the button, i limped with Ks9s, SB folds, BB checks.blinds 50-100, I think. I had 1300 BB had me covered by 300.Flop comes TsJs7x, so i had a double gutshot and second nut flush draw including one card to the SF.BB checks, i bet 200, he pushes.Costs me my stack to call.Thoughts?

6 wins on 8 today. One other guy (hce5353) was playing the same 8 of them though and he managed to cash in 7. the one time he didn't he was shortstack and pushed in SB with A4 .... I was commited to call in the BB with J9 and eliminated him even though he was favorite :club: Going to check some hand histories to see how he played the rest ... couldn't keep track with 8 going at once, but i think he played even tighter than me early. I always limp pocket pairs early for set value only (first two levels) 20 and 30 chips less means nothing later on anyway, but when I hit I can often win a decent sized pot to be comftable for the rest of the tournament.ooh and the two I lost were also spots where I was favorite when the chips went in:When I was 7/8 in the SB: A5s push < Q7s BB .. Ace flop but flush for him on river.6/8: AQ in SB repush against button raise ... button calls with KQs .. and wins with straight.overal on 5.2 DoN's I'm now at 119/191 or 62.3% win which means 19.8% ROI or 196.8$ profitIf I manage to get my bankroll to 800$ I will move to 10.4$'s. Don't feel comftable doing it earlier, If I would for example lose my internet connection while 8-tabling and lose all of them I would lose 83.2$. I don't want to risk more than 10% of my bankroll at once!

16/24 = 66% today. 35.5$ profit. In the last 8 I won 7... the bad luck I had earlier (KK loss, QQ loss, KT < T9, AK < AJ) was reversed in those last few... When TT > KK and AJs > AK in my favor.might play some more later today, want to build up my bankroll!edit: a series of 3/8 and 6/8 to get a total of 25/40 for today: 42$ profit

Do I need to get involved Iam chip leader with 8 to go.PokerStars Game #23040759723: Tournament #127936617, $50+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2008/12/18 17:59:43 ETTable '127936617 1' 10-max Seat #8 is the buttonJRL1234: posts small blind 50pezeveng1975: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to pezeveng1975 [Qc As]Mosquito777: calls 100Capone26: folds HeadsIwin1: folds dagdaali: folds wildking2: folds mysteryname: folds Dexter GT: folds JRL1234: folds pezeveng1975 said, "why just a call mosquite reeling me in this hand"pezeveng1975: checks *** FLOP *** [5h 8c Qh]pezeveng1975: checks Mosquito777: checks *** TURN *** [5h 8c Qh] [8h]pezeveng1975: checks Mosquito777: bets 400pezeveng1975 said, "AQ"pezeveng1975: folds Uncalled bet (400) returned to Mosquito777Mosquito777 collected 340 from potMosquito777: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot 340 | Rake 0 Board [5h 8c Qh 8h]Seat 1: Mosquito777 collected (340)Seat 2: Capone26 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: HeadsIwin1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: dagdaali folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: wildking2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: mysteryname folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Dexter GT (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: JRL1234 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 10: pezeveng1975 (big blind) folded on the Turn

I'm not sure if I can give any advice as you play 50$ while I play 5$.I can understand checking in the BB ... limp UTG always looks very tricky/traplike. But you hit your hand pretty good on that flop so I'd make a bet of 150 or 200 there and see what he does. With all the checking you have no clue about what he could have. He can have anything from QQ to air.If he has an above average chip stack it might be that he has something like AK... strong hand, but in these games you don't feel like taking a coinflip and risking your good position, you prefer to see if you hit on the flop first. So my guess would be he has something like AK with the A of hearts. You checked before flop and twice after flop, so he comes out strong overbetting the pot slightly to get you to fold, but if you happen to call, he's not in bad shape.but that's just my guess and again, way beyond the level i'm used to playing.Also depend on how much in the lead you are ofcourse, but generally with still 8 people in I think it's a bit too early to completely sit back, a lot can still happen.

16/24 again today. (5/8+6/8+5/8)total on 5.2$'s = 160/255. (62.7%) This results in an average 1.075$ profit for each DoN.8 tabling that means: 8.60$ profit for each set of 8 ... since the longest time these DoN Turbo's take is 45 minutes: it's 8.6$/45min = 11.45$/hr profitThat's decent for low stakes players no? Does anyone have some idea's about what hourly profit people can get on other low stakes games (4.4$ grinders for example)

Do I need to get involved Iam chip leader with 8 to go.PokerStars Game #23040759723: Tournament #127936617, $50+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2008/12/18 17:59:43 ETTable '127936617 1' 10-max Seat #8 is the buttonJRL1234: posts small blind 50pezeveng1975: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to pezeveng1975 [Qc As]Mosquito777: calls 100Capone26: folds HeadsIwin1: folds dagdaali: folds wildking2: folds mysteryname: folds Dexter GT: folds JRL1234: folds pezeveng1975 said, "why just a call mosquite reeling me in this hand"pezeveng1975: checks *** FLOP *** [5h 8c Qh]pezeveng1975: checks Mosquito777: checks *** TURN *** [5h 8c Qh] [8h]pezeveng1975: checks Mosquito777: bets 400pezeveng1975 said, "AQ"pezeveng1975: folds Uncalled bet (400) returned to Mosquito777Mosquito777 collected 340 from potMosquito777: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot 340 | Rake 0 Board [5h 8c Qh 8h]Seat 1: Mosquito777 collected (340)Seat 2: Capone26 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: HeadsIwin1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: dagdaali folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: wildking2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: mysteryname folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Dexter GT (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: JRL1234 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 10: pezeveng1975 (big blind) folded on the Turn
If I am villian here, i see you check in the BB preflop, then check on the flop and turn. I would lead out at that with literally, any two cards. the fact you then tell him what you are laying down would make me feel even better, considering i proabably just beat you with KJ or 44 or something.If I am you, i am at least leading out on that flop for $150 or so. If i get resistance, i can shut it down, but there are not a lot of hands we are behind.
If I am villian here, i see you check in the BB preflop, then check on the flop and turn. I would lead out at that with literally, any two cards. the fact you then tell him what you are laying down would make me feel even better, considering i proabably just beat you with KJ or 44 or something.If I am you, i am at least leading out on that flop for $150 or so. If i get resistance, i can shut it down, but there are not a lot of hands we are behind.
This.Its very rare to see someone check two streets with a decent hand, every one street sometimes. So betting with air on HU or 3-way pot when checked to you is very effective, actually. And no, being 1/8 doesn't mean you can check/check/fold TPTK. Maaaaaaybe if you took out the other 2 and have 4k-4.5k to everyone else's 1k-2k. But still..... I dont mind if you bet/fold one of these streets, or even check/call. But the check/fold is bad.

idk it really matters on villain 100% if he's not stupid he's never limping anything (other than aa, kk, etc) utg at t100 and peve thought that was out of line.I can see why he doesn't think his queens are good on that flop. villain even OVERbet the turn when his trap didn't work, trying to get value.if villain is actually a winning player I'd NEVER play tptk, given the preflop action I think that's totally key.