Wtf Of The Day Thread

If they are getting shot at for two hours a day, I'm OK with them doing this with the other 22 hours of their time.
I got the feeling that Yorke was saying the same thing.
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meth-addled alleged masturbator taken down by 15 cops

Posted Images

Put a shirt on Iggy.0503-iggy-pop-wi-credit.jpg
Looks like he turned into human jerky.
I don't know what to do with this information.Two strange, but fairly straightforward stories:Story 1: Girl gets pregnant at 18, gives baby girl up for adoption, baby girl grows up and has a son of her own, baby girl/mother dies of cancer, son grows up and somehow meets his biological grandmother even though his mother never knew her. Time elapsed from giving baby up for adoption to meeting baby's son: 50+ years.Story 2: 72 year old woman to have baby with 26 year old man through a surrogate.Now, put those two stories together and, yeah, now you've got a WTF thread-worthy story.Note: I don't know if this story is true; probably internet myth.
Yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic.
I know, my brother. I was helping you out.
<<-- not actually the wtf part of the video. Maybe the Mexico dude didn't know there were only 5 digits on the price read-out?
iggy pop does what he wants.
Maybe, but I think we'd all be better off if he had a Lust for Sunscreen instead.

Actually, his skin is made of heroin. -Dan Le Batard

U.S. Lets Hollywood Disable Home TV Outputs to Prevent PiracyBy Todd ShieldsMay 7 (Bloomberg) -- The film industry can block outputs on home television equipment so studios can offer first-run movies while preventing viewers from making illicit copies, U.S. regulators said.Temporarily disabling the outputs will “enable a new business model” that wouldn’t develop in the absence of such anti-piracy protection, the Federal Communications Commission said today in an order.Home viewing of recently released movies over cable and satellite systems would provide revenue for studios such as Viacom Inc.’s Paramount Pictures and Sony Corp.’s film division, which have seen DVD sales drop as more people get films through Internet, mail-order and kiosk rental services. The advocacy group Public Knowledge is among opponents who say the plan interferes with viewer choice.The FCC order “‘will allow the big firms for the first time to take control of a consumer’s TV set or set-top box, blocking viewing of a TV program or motion picture,” Gigi Sohn, president of Washington-based Public Knowledge, said in a statement.The Motion Picture Association of America asked the FCC in 2008 for a waiver from rules against disabling video outputs so that its members could send movies over cable and satellite services using “secure and protected digital outputs,” according to the trade group’s petition at the agency.“This action is an important victory for consumers who will now have far greater access to see recent high-definition movies in their homes,” Bob Pisano, president and interim chief executive officer of the MPAA, said today in a statement. “It is a major step forward in the development of new business models by the motion picture industry to respond to growing consumer demand.”The Washington-based MPAA represents Paramount Pictures, Sony’s film unit, News Corp.’s Twentieth Century Fox, General Electric Co.’s NBC Universal, Walt Disney Co. and Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros. Pictures.--Editors: Larry Liebert, Steve Geimann
U.S. Lets Hollywood Disable Home TV Outputs to Prevent PiracyBy Todd ShieldsMay 7 (Bloomberg) -- The film industry can block outputs on home television equipment so studios can offer first-run movies while preventing viewers from making illicit copies, U.S. regulators said.Temporarily disabling the outputs will “enable a new business model” that wouldn’t develop in the absence of such anti-piracy protection, the Federal Communications Commission said today in an order.Home viewing of recently released movies over cable and satellite systems would provide revenue for studios such as Viacom Inc.’s Paramount Pictures and Sony Corp.’s film division, which have seen DVD sales drop as more people get films through Internet, mail-order and kiosk rental services. The advocacy group Public Knowledge is among opponents who say the plan interferes with viewer choice.The FCC order “‘will allow the big firms for the first time to take control of a consumer’s TV set or set-top box, blocking viewing of a TV program or motion picture,” Gigi Sohn, president of Washington-based Public Knowledge, said in a statement.The Motion Picture Association of America asked the FCC in 2008 for a waiver from rules against disabling video outputs so that its members could send movies over cable and satellite services using “secure and protected digital outputs,” according to the trade group’s petition at the agency.“This action is an important victory for consumers who will now have far greater access to see recent high-definition movies in their homes,” Bob Pisano, president and interim chief executive officer of the MPAA, said today in a statement. “It is a major step forward in the development of new business models by the motion picture industry to respond to growing consumer demand.”The Washington-based MPAA represents Paramount Pictures, Sony’s film unit, News Corp.’s Twentieth Century Fox, General Electric Co.’s NBC Universal, Walt Disney Co. and Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros. Pictures.--Editors: Larry Liebert, Steve Geimann
My son went to film school and no matter how often I pointed out intellectual property rights and talent deserving being rewarded for their work, he downloaded anything he wanted with no regard.It is funny to me how the culture of seeing nothing wrong with downloading music movies and games for free doesn't understand that eventually there will be a backlash that will carry much farther than they can imagine.And they will act surprised by this.