Wtf Of The Day Thread

I was talking specifically about the details of the case that were provided.I think everything should start whenever the guy is officially notified. I don't know what's official, but I don't think it really matters in this philosophical discussion.Guy is notified, has X days to prove he's not the father, if he can't then he's on the hook for child support. I will say, however, that I think in a case like this, the DNA test should be paid for by the mother.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meth-addled alleged masturbator taken down by 15 cops

Posted Images

I was talking specifically about the details of the case that were provided.I think everything should start whenever the guy is officially notified. I don't know what's official, but I don't think it really matters in this philosophical discussion.Guy is notified, has X days to prove he's not the father, if he can't then he's on the hook for child support. I will say, however, that I think in a case like this, the DNA test should be paid for by the mother.
i'm glad you put that last sentence in. without having thought it out at all, how about "mom decides joe smith is the dad and has X to prove he is." why does the onus of proof fall on the man? it's awkward either way, but if she's the one suing for support shouldn't she have to prove her case?
i'm glad you put that last sentence in. without having thought it out at all, how about "mom decides joe smith is the dad and has X to prove he is." why does the onus of proof fall on the man? it's awkward either way, but if she's the one suing for support shouldn't she have to prove her case?
Proof of fatherhood for women seeking child support? That would be interesting.
I don't think this is as bad as it seems.For those who don't click on the link, a summary:Woman has baby, claims X is father.X pays child support for a few years before taking a DNA test.DNA test proves he's not the father.State says it doesn't matter, you missed the window, you have to continue paying support.In my opinion, by paying child support for three years you are assuming the responsibility of the child. You shouldn't be allowed to just cut the kid off. I agree it's kind of sucky, but this is his fault. He didn't want to pony up $500 for the test, so now he's stuck with 18 years of payments.
There are so many things wrong with the legal interpretation of this, it's almost as retarded as the guy ponying up the money without making sure he's the dad. I mean, surely there is some way to show the woman played him for a fool. or maybe she really did think it was him. Regardless...she's a slutbag, imo. Way to be banging at least two guys without contraception.
lol
This lol works a lot better when it's at the end of the last page, and not the beginning of a new one. Carry on. Thank god the internet has infinite space, or I'd care about wasting so much of it.(Isn't it funny to think that Daniel Negreanu, the poker player, pays for all this?)
(Isn't it funny to think that Daniel Negreanu, the poker player, pays for all this?)
Ok, I've heard this (FCP is DN's personal forum) referenced a lot lately, but wasn't the forum sold to Pokerstars back when the rest of FCP was? Maybe not, since there's no PS branding evident, but I thought I remembered DN selling it.
Ok, I've heard this (FCP is DN's personal forum) referenced a lot lately, but wasn't the forum sold to Pokerstars back when the rest of FCP was? Maybe not, since there's no PS branding evident, but I thought I remembered DN selling it.
I don't know if that's true or not, but he did almost sell his poker room skin, but the deal literally fell through weeks before closing because of the Port Security Bill and the inclusion of the gambling finance bill thing.I thought he paid for this and was subsidized by commercials and ads.
There are so many things wrong with the legal interpretation of this, it's almost as retarded as the guy ponying up the money without making sure he's the dad. I mean, surely there is some way to show the woman played him for a fool. or maybe she really did think it was him. Regardless...she's a slutbag, imo. Way to be banging at least two guys without contraception.
Do you have an opinion on whether or not she could afford contraception, or how many of her friends are the same?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Hmmm, not what I would have guessed. I would have expected them to be connected to ear muffs.
They missed the marketing boat by not pairing the two as an ensemble collection.
  • 1 month later...