Offical Fantasy Football Gripes, Brags And Questions

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Question: I get LT and Kevin Walters in exchange for Brandon Jacobs and Roddy White. Would anyone not accept this?LT's back to being healthy and has a nice remaining schedule. Brandon Jacobs shares carries (though he generally gets goal line work) and has a difficult remaining schedule at best. Plus LT has a clutch matchup against Denver in Week 17 that should bode for lots of fantasy points. I have enough backup at WR that losing Roddy White isn't much of an impact (I have Bowe, Coles, Breaston, Avery, Fitzgerald). Furthermore, this will have my RBs as being Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson, Steve Slaton, and LT. I can go shopping for a top WR using Jones/Slaton if I so choose. Thoughts?

Quick Question: I get LT and Kevin Walters in exchange for Brandon Jacobs and Roddy White. Would anyone not accept this?LT's back to being healthy and has a nice remaining schedule. Brandon Jacobs shares carries (though he generally gets goal line work) and has a difficult remaining schedule at best. Plus LT has a clutch matchup against Denver in Week 17 that should bode for lots of fantasy points. I have enough backup at WR that losing Roddy White isn't much of an impact (I have Bowe, Coles, Breaston, Avery, Fitzgerald). Furthermore, this will have my RBs as being Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson, Steve Slaton, and LT. I can go shopping for a top WR using Jones/Slaton if I so choose. Thoughts?
I don't think I would do this, I would maybe counter with Coles instead of white or something. The thing is, the Sean Alexanderization of LT has begun, I think, and I would not be particularly eager to get him.
I don't think I would do this, I would maybe counter with Coles instead of white or something. The thing is, the Sean Alexanderization of LT has begun, I think, and I would not be particularly eager to get him.
Thats actually the exact trade I initially proposed.

I would like to thank two players today:1. Drew Brees- I admit it, I doubted you today sir. I thought you were finally going to have a bad game. True, you threw for three picks, but you got a garbage production TD at the end of the game and you crossed the 400 yard mark. You proved me wrong and I will never lose faith again. Please forgive me.2. Thomas Jones- With Brees struggling early on, you helped relieve my fears by rushing for over 100 yards and 2 TDs in the first half today. Not to only that, but for whatever reason that is beyond me, your coach kept you in the game and you get a third TD for me. I wish he could have let you cross the 150 yard mark for additional yardage bonus points, but that is just me being greedy. You also make up for the potential of Brandon Jacobs having a relatively poor showing against Philly tonight and have eliminated the sweat. You are coming on at the right time for both my fantasy team and your own team's playoff hopes. Thank you sir.

I would like to thank Brett Favre, whom I am playing against, for not "going off" in a game that his team scored 40 points at half time in (49 total) When I saw the half time score, I freaked the fck out, but then when I saw his line I thought "oh... cool.." and figured they'd be conservative and run the ball in the second half, which they did. I don't know how I'm doing, because stupid yahoo doesn't have free live scoring, I assume I'm behind, as I have Warner/Q/Tim Hightower all coming up tomorrow, but I should be in good shape as the only guy he had that did at all well, was Adrian Pederson ( who, admittedly, went off). The rest of his team is seriously terrible, so with MJD having a 3 td game, I should be in good shape.

I would like to thank Brett Favre, whom I am playing against, for not "going off" in a game that his team scored 40 points at half time in (49 total) When I saw the half time score, I freaked the fck out, but then when I saw his line I thought "oh... cool.." and figured they'd be conservative and run the ball in the second half, which they did. I don't know how I'm doing, because stupid yahoo doesn't have free live scoring, I assume I'm behind, as I have Warner/Q/Tim Hightower all coming up tomorrow, but I should be in good shape as the only guy he had that did at all well, was Adrian Pederson ( who, admittedly, went off). The rest of his team is seriously terrible, so with MJD having a 3 td game, I should be in good shape.
Second that portion. Freaking annoying that I have to wait until tomorrow to see what kind of lead I have. Half the time I end up calculating rough scores by hand because I can't stand the wait but I am too cheap to pay the 5 or 10 bucks or whatever it is.

I'm just bitter we didn't have this league in espn free leagues, where I have about 40 teams that I don't give two craps about ,but they all have live scoring. On another note, is there any doubt at all that AP is the no brainer first pick next year? They ran him all game long, green bay knew they were going to, know that Minn could do nothing else but run AP, and they still couldn't stop him .Even on that last drive of the game, they kept running him.. the announcers were like " at some point in the game they are going to have to go away from the running game, they are running out of clock". Wanna bet? AP is a monster. Gore and portis I guess are in the conversation, but I think AP is my first over all pick, if I had to do the draft over, starting today.

I agree completely, AP deserves to be the #1 pick. I would also throw Westbrook into the Gore/Portis committee for top draft picks. He had an injury plagued season, but he is simply ridiculous. How he goes, the Eagles go.

I agree completely, AP deserves to be the #1 pick. I would also throw Westbrook into the Gore/Portis committee for top draft picks. He had an injury plagued season, but he is simply ridiculous. How he goes, the Eagles go.
yeah, but he never plays a full year. I would pick him around 4-6 I think. I Also think reggie bush is now a no brain first rounder, he has the potential to be westbrookian.
Second that portion. Freaking annoying that I have to wait until tomorrow to see what kind of lead I have. Half the time I end up calculating rough scores by hand because I can't stand the wait but I am too cheap to pay the 5 or 10 bucks or whatever it is.
Laziness! I remember in the "good old days" we used to actually (gasp) hand write the scores and freaking snail-mail them out every week. Now, I would be pissed about that as well. I didn't even know that about yahoo, that seems pretty ridiculous.
Laziness! I remember in the "good old days" we used to actually (gasp) hand write the scores and freaking snail-mail them out every week. Now, I would be pissed about that as well. I didn't even know that about yahoo, that seems pretty ridiculous.
yeah, but scoring is way more complicated than it was in the good old days, too. fck, I don't even know what all the scoring rules in my league are to begin to do it by hand. I looked at some of the key ones pre-draft ( PPC or no, 6,5 or 4 points for QB TD's), but some of the others I have no idea about.

After witnessing LT's lackluster performance against KC of all teams, I have decided to instead pursue Matt Forte. I ended up agreeing with you BigD, Rowdy Roddy is too much of a loss for the supposed "upgrade" that LT was going to be. Furthermore, I was very impressed with how the Giants managed to run against the Eagles, who usually don't allow that kind of yardage.

After witnessing LT's lackluster performance against KC of all teams, I have decided to instead pursue Matt Forte. I ended up agreeing with you BigD, Rowdy Roddy is too much of a loss for the supposed "upgrade" that LT was going to be. Furthermore, I was very impressed with how the Giants managed to run against the Eagles, who usually don't allow that kind of yardage.
Now, as a bears fan, it's my unbiased opinion that Matt Forte is god.Unless I have like the first pick or something, I am probably going to pick him next year, if I can. He's young, he's a stud, he's on a team that loves to run. I don't see how you can go wrong with him next year. I'm not kidding that I think I would take him at 2, and I'd have no doubts at all taking him at 5.

Fantasy football is so crazy. Any other year, I would care less about the cardinals, but this season because I have Warner, Q, and Tim Hightower, they are my clear number 2 team I was rooting so hard for them, long after Warner and Q's performance put me over the top. Jesus christ, I would name my first born child Kurt Q. McGee.

TY Frank Gore, although scoring early on would have made my Sick Thread league win a smaller sweat.

On another note, is there any doubt at all that AP is the no brainer first pick next year? They ran him all game long, green bay knew they were going to, know that Minn could do nothing else but run AP, and they still couldn't stop him .Even on that last drive of the game, they kept running him.. the announcers were like " at some point in the game they are going to have to go away from the running game, they are running out of clock". Wanna bet? AP is a monster. Gore and portis I guess are in the conversation, but I think AP is my first over all pick, if I had to do the draft over, starting today.
I had the third pick in one of my leagues and AP fell to me after LT and Westbrook went 1-2. Before the draft I was trying to figure out if I wanted Westbrook or Jackson and then when my pick came up I went, "Oh...that made it easy."I guess you could have made an argument for Westbrook before the draft, but if I had 2nd pick I would have had no doubt on AP. And if we're thanking players, outside of AP, I'd like to thank David Garrard for doing what he was supposed to against Detroit. Big Ben is pretty much useless for me right now so a run of steady, solid games from Garrard would really help me.
And if we're thanking players, outside of AP, I'd like to thank David Garrard for doing what he was supposed to against Detroit. Big Ben is pretty much useless for me right now so a run of steady, solid games from Garrard would really help me.
Big Ben is so terribad. I listen to alot of Dave Dameshek, who is a pittsburgh native, and was trying to Say Ben was the MVP a couple weeks ago, and is always overrating that guy. I think he has some good qualities, but some serious flaws, IE his immobility, his long, slow release, and some of his decision making. There are about 12 qb's I'd want ahead of him, including the divine Kurt Warner. And, since we're thanking people, I'd like to thank Mo Jones Drew, who's 3 touchdowns in one quarter made my sunday. That guy is the lightening damage of fantasy football ( Warning: that was an extremely nerdy reference right there, so if you get it, you too are a nerd). He either gets me 3 points or 25.

Jay Cutler is my starting QB. Two weeks ago I picked up Jake Delhomme for the bye week. This week Cutler faces Atlanta while Delhomme faces Detroit. Is the disparity in defenses enough to warrant benching Cutler here?

Jay Cutler is my starting QB. Two weeks ago I picked up Jake Delhomme for the bye week. This week Cutler faces Atlanta while Delhomme faces Detroit. Is the disparity in defenses enough to warrant benching Cutler here?
No, no no. I wouldn't bench culter against like Pittsburgh or Ten for Delhomme. Some players are must starts, every week, and I think Cutler is one of them. Don't get fancy and over coach.
I have both of them on one of my teams. That thought never crossed my mind, and will never. Cutler plays every week.