Offical Fantasy Football Gripes, Brags And Questions

Alright here are the current incarnations of my two fantasy teams at the halfway point through the season. Thoughts/comments are always appreciated.Team Pushin' The Action: 6-2 with 862.10 points scored (60+ point lead for tiebreaking purposes)QB - Brees, Matt Ryan (only on the team for this week)WR - Larry Fitz, Roddy White, L. Coles, D. Bowe, S. Breaston, D. Avery (starting Fitz and White this week)RB - T. Jones, B. Jacobs, S. Jackson, S. Slaton (Sitting Slaton this week, working to acquire Westbrook)TE - Owen DanielsK - Rian LindellDef/ST - MinnesotaQuestion: I obviously have an overabundance of talent at the WR position, is there really anything else I should be doing with it than using them as trading material for an upgraded RB?Team Ground and Pound: 7-1 with 822.66 points scored (10 point lead for tiebreaking purposes, but that team is 4-4)QB - CutlerWR - T. O., B. Marshall, A. Bryant, V. Jackson, D. Bowe, T. Ginn (currently starting T.O., Marshall, and Bryant)RB - C. Johnson, M. Lynch, R. Bush, L. McClain (please comeback soon Bush)TE - Dallas Clark (finally was productive Monday night!!!)K- Robbie GouldDef/ST - Giants and Jets (should have started Giants instead of Jets last week, would have reduced my sweat considerably. Starting them this week against Dallas)Question: Should I start Ginn against Denver in place of T.O. against the Giants or is that too much of a gamble? Should I flip out Ginn for Bryant instead as my flex this week? Or is Bowe someone I should be playing despite his match up against a tough Tampa secondary?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hines Ward vs. WAS (decent pass D)Johnnie Lee Higgins (OAK kick returner) vs. ATL (OAK gives up quite a few points, thus returns quite a few kicks)Sorry, this got long. Basically I'm deciding between Ricky Williams and Jamal Lewis at RB, Hines Ward and Johnnie Lee Higgins at WR, and Ben Roethlisberger and David Garrard at QB.
I'd go Garrard, Ricky Williams and Higgins. The fact that Higgins is the 5th WR in you league is why I can't stand KR points leagues. I have no interest in being in a league that special teams has so much impact on.
I'd go Garrard, Ricky Williams and Higgins. The fact that Higgins is the 5th WR in you league is why I can't stand KR points leagues. I have no interest in being in a league that special teams has so much impact on.
It's annoying at first, but I don't have much say in how the scoring is set. But it's sort of sweet when people don't get how big of an impact KR's make and they go under the radar the whole year. Also, we're a 12-team league so it gives you more opportunity to get points vs. having to use Le'Ron McClain as your flex spot. That's how my lineup is set right now. I'll probably leave it.
WR - Larry Fitz, Roddy White, L. Coles, D. Bowe, S. Breaston, D. Avery (starting Fitz and White this week)RB - T. Jones, B. Jacobs, S. Jackson, S. Slaton (Sitting Slaton this week, working to acquire Westbrook)Question: I obviously have an overabundance of talent at the WR position, is there really anything else I should be doing with it than using them as trading material for an upgraded RB?WR - T. O., B. Marshall, A. Bryant, V. Jackson, D. Bowe, T. Ginn (currently starting T.O., Marshall, and Bryant)Question: Should I start Ginn against Denver in place of T.O. against the Giants or is that too much of a gamble? Should I flip out Ginn for Bryant instead as my flex this week? Or is Bowe someone I should be playing despite his match up against a tough Tampa secondary?
I would definitely be testing the waters for a solid RB by offering some combination of Coles/Bowe/Breaston/Avery. But you're not really desparate at RB, either. Just float some offers to teams that need WR and if nothing develops, oh well. As a Miami fan, I can tell you that I wouldn't be expecting great things from Ginn two weeks in a row. He hasn't shown much consistency and last week the CB he torched had a bum knee. Miami has a really weak secondary, but I'd still stick with TO. But as somebody who is usually wrong with predictions, you probably shouldn't listen to anything I say.

Barring a ridiculous shootout tonight which is highly unlikely, both my teams will come away with victories, putting me at 15-3 for the season.For the record, Chris Johnson is just money.

Even though I'm winning 138-83 with him only having Randle El remaining, I would like to take this time to gripe about the Talented Mr Roto's hate column talking me out of starting Antonio Bryant. I am offically never listening to him for the rest of the year, and just going by my analysis. I think he's under too much pressure to make "predictions", when the actual smart high percentage plays are what I need to be figuring out.

<---- Started Antonio Bryant in my flex spot on one of my two teams /bragBut also started SJax in my flex spot on my other team /gripe

Even though I'm winning 138-83 with him only having Randle El remaining, I would like to take this time to gripe about the Talented Mr Roto's hate column talking me out of starting Antonio Bryant. I am offically never listening to him for the rest of the year, and just going by my analysis. I think he's under too much pressure to make "predictions", when the actual smart high percentage plays are what I need to be figuring out.
ask me for advice imo. alot of people on football guys forum was all over avery this week and i asked if people were worried about a torry holt coming out party. he didnt have a huge game but 56yds and a TD compared to like 28 yds that avery had =). i also said detroit actually had a chance to beat chicago this past week too =/
ask me for advice imo. alot of people on football guys forum was all over avery this week and i asked if people were worried about a torry holt coming out party. he didnt have a huge game but 56yds and a TD compared to like 28 yds that avery had =). i also said detroit actually had a chance to beat chicago this past week too =/
I had detroit in my picks ( with a spread) pool, if that's what you're getting at.

Alright here's a question for this week. I have one of my WR spots open and my flex spot open this week. Who should I plug into these positions?Dwayne Bowe @ SDVincent Jackson vs. KCLe'Ron McClain @ HoustonKevin Curtis vs. NYGMy initial reaction is to start Bowe and Jackson in these spots, mainly due to their favorable match ups against each other's secondaries. Combine this with Bowe's consistent performance and Antonio Bryant having success as a tall reciever against KC's short CBs (Vincent Jackson is of similar build so should have the same advantage). McClain would probably be my third choice, though this is largely dependent on McGahee's status as the week develops (more favorable if Willis stays out so just a two way split in carries with Rice vs. the full 3 headed monster, though his goal line touches will be unchanged regardless). The Giants defense is playing on a high level, making Curtis the least favorable in my opinion.Thoughts?

Alright here's a question for this week. I have one of my WR spots open and my flex spot open this week. Who should I plug into these positions?Dwayne Bowe @ SDVincent Jackson vs. KCLe'Ron McClain @ HoustonKevin Curtis vs. NYGThoughts?
I think your thinking is dead on here, and you should play Jackson/Bowe. I don't like McClain the rest of the year, really, and Curtis, whom I do like, has a bad matchup. If bowe was on an even middle of the pack team, he'd be a top 10 receiver, and I like his matchup against SD.
Alright here's a question for this week. I have one of my WR spots open and my flex spot open this week. Who should I plug into these positions?Dwayne Bowe @ SDVincent Jackson vs. KCLe'Ron McClain @ HoustonKevin Curtis vs. NYGThoughts?
I think your thinking is dead on here, and you should play Jackson/Bowe. I don't like McClain the rest of the year, really, and Curtis, whom I do like, has a bad matchup. If bowe was on an even middle of the pack team, he'd be a top 10 receiver, and I like his matchup against SD.

Picked up Antonio after Chambers got hurt. Woot.The Vice City Hurricanes are 7-2, alone in 1st.QB: Rivers, Eli ManningRB: Peterson, Reggie Bush, Duece, Jonathan Stewart, Aaron Stecker, Ricky WilliamsWR: Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Chris Chambers, Antonio Bryant, Greg CamarilloTE: Witten, David MartinK: Bironas,D/ST: Tampa Bay, Minnesota

I had detroit in my picks ( with a spread) pool, if that's what you're getting at.
SU. I told my friend for our survival league I was scared of the matchup since Orlovsky hadn't actually been that bad (no INT's in his 3 starts), and the Bears secondary is average at best. we took TB and sweated our balls off.
Alright here's a question for this week. I have one of my WR spots open and my flex spot open this week. Who should I plug into these positions?Dwayne Bowe @ SDVincent Jackson vs. KCLe'Ron McClain @ HoustonKevin Curtis vs. NYGMy initial reaction is to start Bowe and Jackson in these spots, mainly due to their favorable match ups against each other's secondaries. Combine this with Bowe's consistent performance and Antonio Bryant having success as a tall reciever against KC's short CBs (Vincent Jackson is of similar build so should have the same advantage). McClain would probably be my third choice, though this is largely dependent on McGahee's status as the week develops (more favorable if Willis stays out so just a two way split in carries with Rice vs. the full 3 headed monster, though his goal line touches will be unchanged regardless). The Giants defense is playing on a high level, making Curtis the least favorable in my opinion.Thoughts?
Pretty much dead on. Vincent was top 10 going into last week as a WR and SD's secondary is the worst in the NFL this year.
SU. I told my friend for our survival league I was scared of the matchup since Orlovsky hadn't actually been that bad (no INT's in his 3 starts), and the Bears secondary is average at best. we took TB and sweated our balls off.
yeah, it's not a survivor league. It's a head to head wager against a friend of mine. He's using his own knowledge of the teams and his gut, and I'm using Wang's contrary theory ( IE finding out which way the majority of the pubic is picking, then picking against them.) So far I am 4-0 having won the first four weeks of our bet, and am beating him over all in correct picks 31 to 22, just murdering him. So far I've been pleased with my results with contrarian theory, and may expand my football betting horizons next season to incorporate it.
yeah, it's not a survivor league. It's a head to head wager against a friend of mine. He's using his own knowledge of the teams and his gut, and I'm using Wang's contrary theory ( IE finding out which way the majority of the pubic is picking, then picking against them.) So far I am 4-0 having won the first four weeks of our bet, and am beating him over all in correct picks 31 to 22, just murdering him. So far I've been pleased with my results with contrarian theory, and may expand my football betting horizons next season to incorporate it.
nice

Anyone who has Jay Cutler on one of their teams should be putting a /brag in this thread. He put up 38.78 points in my yahoo leagues last night./brag

Had to trade Portis and Campbell for Cutler and Slaton (and I also have F. Gore) but I have him in one league.

here's a gripe... I don't have the NFL network, and I didn't even know there was a game last night till it started. I already had Braylon in ( though I wish I hadn't), but I didn't get a pick in the game in on my weekly picks pool. Du Ma!

here's a gripe... I don't have the NFL network, and I didn't even know there was a game last night till it started. I already had Braylon in ( though I wish I hadn't), but I didn't get a pick in the game in on my weekly picks pool. Du Ma!
And the only game worth watching on Thanksgiving will be on the NFL Network. That has nothing to do with FF, but still sucks a dick.

Here's another gripe: The nfl.com live coverage of thursday night games is disappointing at best. Spend way too much time listening to the announcers talk instead of being able to watch the actual game. Its basically like when you have the nfl.com game updates going where you can only listen to the radio broadcast in the red zone, but there is video too. At least you got to watch most of the 4th quarter, because the end of that game was sick.

Here's another gripe: The nfl.com live coverage of thursday night games is disappointing at best. Spend way too much time listening to the announcers talk instead of being able to watch the actual game. Its basically like when you have the nfl.com game updates going where you can only listen to the radio broadcast in the red zone, but there is video too. At least you got to watch most of the 4th quarter, because the end of that game was sick.
i have the nfl network ftw and the nfl league pass or w/e that it. i think it was well worth the 40$ i paid for it to listen to some of the games.

:sigh:Have Scheffler in all 5 of my dynasty leagues and I benched him in all of them thinking he wouldn't play/if he did would be in there too little to have an effective game. And now he got re-injured so next week will be another one without knowing if he will play or not.At least I have Cutler in 2 of the 5 leagues and Marshall in 3 of them.