Offical Fantasy Football Gripes, Brags And Questions

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good thing i benched sjax and lendale this week..
I literally lol'ed at this. Why were you benching any titans RB against KC?!? I believe going into this week they were giving up the most yards per carry of any team in the league (I know for a fact they were last week, not 100% sure if that held true going into this week).Quick edit: They were 3rd worst in the league giving up 5.0 ypc to opposing teams, only the Broncos and Packers are worse at 5.1 ypc.I have Slaton, Steven Jackson, and Brandon Jacobs as my 3 RBs on one team. /brag
I literally lol'ed at this. Why were you benching any titans RB against KC?!? I believe going into this week they were giving up the most yards per carry of any team in the league (I know for a fact they were last week, not 100% sure if that held true going into this week).Quick edit: They were 3rd worst in the league giving up 5.0 ypc to opposing teams, only the Broncos and Packers are worse at 5.1 ypc.I have Slaton, Steven Jackson, and Brandon Jacobs as my 3 RBs on one team. /brag
i started slaton and chris johnson....
i started slaton and chris johnson....
Yeah I looked back at your roster and noticed that you have a slew of good backs to choose from. You chose the same two I likely would have settled on for the week. At least you didn't sit both the Titans backs. If only you had started them both... Fantasy point goodness...How many teams do you have in that league?
Yeah I looked back at your roster and noticed that you have a slew of good backs to choose from. You chose the same two I likely would have settled on for the week. At least you didn't sit both the Titans backs. If only you had started them both... Fantasy point goodness...How many teams do you have in that league?
12. i thought bout replacing slaton for sjax tho. im now down by 7 w/ praters and tb dst v. hilliard, julius, bryant (k)
12. i thought bout replacing slaton for sjax tho. im now down by 7 w/ praters and tb dst v. hilliard, julius, bryant (k)
GL to you sir. Yeah, you had to have had the thought that "Sjax is due to break out soon..." going on in the back of your mind. But likely thinking that Dallas' rush defense defense is around average, Sjax is arguably the Rams' only major weapon, and seeing that match up of Slaton vs. the 31st ranked rush defense in the league, you mentally crossed your fingers and clicked "submit changes" on your roster. Sound about right?A similar thought crossed my mind for sitting Sjax in favor of Thomas Jones, turned out I should have sat Slaton (though the point differential was fairly marginal and I am up by like 60+ points anyway). Slaton's match up against Detroit was just so tempting, as is most RB match ups against the Lions.
GL to you sir. Yeah, you had to have had the thought that "Sjax is due to break out soon..." going on in the back of your mind. But likely thinking that Dallas' rush defense defense is around average, Sjax is arguably the Rams' only major weapon, and seeing that match up of Slaton vs. the 31st ranked rush defense in the league, you mentally crossed your fingers and clicked "submit changes" on your roster. Sound about right?A similar thought crossed my mind for sitting Sjax in favor of Thomas Jones, turned out I should have sat Slaton (though the point differential was fairly marginal and I am up by like 60+ points anyway). Slaton's match up against Detroit was just so tempting, as is most RB match ups against the Lions.
i had slaton and cj going all week as starters and didnt wanna get burned by changing my mind. praters needs 9 50yds+ count at 5 and 40-49 for 4 etc... missed fg -1. and i need like 130 and a TD in the 200$ league

Prater can have all the field goals he wants, I just need Randy Moss to be contained. Champ Bailey lockdown ftw?I have Cutler & Marshall vs. Moss and Pittman tonight. Have a 4 point lead going into this, so the edge is definetely mine. I am hoping for Cutler to have an outing similar to Rivers' showing against the Pats last week. A win here will secure my top spot in both of my fantasy leagues.

I just got offered Addai and Colston for S. Jackson. What do you guys think?My other RBs are Gore, Julius Jones, McAllister, Fred Taylor, W. DunnOther WRs: Boldin, Driver, Roy Williams, Matt Jones, Bo ScaifeI'm thinking with R. Bush being out, McAllister will be a viable option for the next few weeks until Addai is back (hopefully). But, I try to stay away from those hamstring injuries if possible, they seem to linger the whole season sometimes.

I just got offered Addai and Colston for S. Jackson. What do you guys think?
Depends what your depth at receiver is. I think it's a potentially good trade for both, as S Jack is definately an upgrade, but Addai and Colston have upside.

Oh, no I'd be giving SJax for Colston and Addai. I currently have Gore and SJax but my WRs have been pretty weak especially since Boldin went down. MOst weeks have been Boldin/Williams/Driver. Since Boldin went down its been Williams Driver and whoever I pick up that week (Jones/Scaife/B. Lloyd)

So I end up not playing any QBs (Romo out and McNabb on bye).I use my only two backs, SJax and McFaddenI use a plethora of WR's Hardy (0 points, Wayne (boo), Reed (3 pts), and Toomer (3pts)I run with two TE's in Miller (blah) and Shaincoe (weee! 12pts)Two Kickers in Longwell and Crosby for 21 pts comb.And Giants D/ST for 11 pts.I lost as expected but cbs had me at a 56pt underdog and fellow teams were mocking my QB less lineup. I lost by 12 pts and I beat 10 out of the other 13 teams. LOL. Pretty much my thanks goes to Sjax. Which means when I get Romo and McNabb back he will go back to getting 60 yrds and that's it.

So here's what my RB lineup would look like the next few weeks until Addai gets back if I go through with the trade:Week 8:Gore vs SEAMcAllister vs SDColstonBoldinWilliamsWeek 9: This is where I get hurt due to bye weeks and injuries and Colston is out this week as wellW. Dunn vs KCF. Taylor vs CINBoldinWilliamsDriverWeek 10 and on: Assuming Addai is back by then so 5 weeks of thisCutlerGore AddaiBoldinColstonR. Williams/ DriverI think I am going to accept, and basically sacrifice week 9 (Cutler's out as well) for the betterment of the rest of the weeks. The deciding factor is the fact that Reggie Bush is out for essentially the same timeframe as Addai, so McAllister should put up respectable numbers during his absence. I am 2-4 with this week's game still in doubt (although I feel good about it - down 2 with Cutler but against Cassel) and cannot afford to lose more than 2 more games.

well, the safe play is keeping Sjax.. but both colston and addai have real upside, you have running back depth, I'd give it a shot, I think.
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Who knows how many weeks Addai is going to be out and Colston put up a big goose egg this past week. I don't know how many looks he got/how many snaps he played, but right now you are looking at trading a back who is starting to heat up for one player who is injured and one player who is just coming back from an injury. The first productive week you get from Colston might not be until week 10 against the Falcons (at least), considering he has a game in London next week and then a bye. Steven Jackson has 5 match ups against teams that are in the bottom half of the league in rushing defense. The only two "bad" matchups he has are against the Jets and the Bears. But look how many yards the Bears gave up to AP this weekend. The Jets gave up over 150 yards rushing to the Raiders. THE RAIDERS. I think you aren't getting nearly enough value for a player that you should be able to sell high after this weekend's performance.

Gimme a cutler to marshall TD pass one time! Come on one time! (At least it's better than yelling it at a poker table when you need a 3 outter...)

CBS keeps track of what your record would be if you played every team every week of the season. Most teams follow pretty close. My "breakdown" record is 43-33-1. Not that impressive but I should be 4-3......I'm 2-5. Done griping now.

CBS keeps track of what your record would be if you played every team every week of the season. Most teams follow pretty close. My "breakdown" record is 43-33-1. Not that impressive but I should be 4-3......I'm 2-5. Done griping now.
i should be 7-0 but im 2-4-1 ......