Offical Fantasy Football Gripes, Brags And Questions

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the 150 league, i just traded holmes and slaton for marshallstarting line up will look something like this when byes are complete:QB- warnerRB- sjax, chris johnson/lendale whiteWR- fitz, jennings, marshallK- scobee or praterdst- tampa

Here's a question concerning one of my teams. Currently my line up is this:QB- Brees (Matt Ryan for his upcoming bye)WR- Fitz, Roddy White (Coles, Bowe and Breaston in reserve)RB- Slaton, Thomas Jones, SJax, B. Jacobs (been rotating 3 of the 4 in every week)TE- Owen DanielsShould I go hunting for a second top tier WR to complement Fitz or should I grab a top RB? Either way, which running back should I most be willing to trade? What WR/RB would you recommend I pursue? Should I primarily target somebody with weak matchups, particularly in weeks 16 & 17? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Here's a question concerning one of my teams. Currently my line up is this:QB- Brees (Matt Ryan for his upcoming bye)WR- Fitz, Roddy White (Coles, Bowe and Breaston in reserve)RB- Slaton, Thomas Jones, SJax, B. Jacobs (been rotating 3 of the 4 in every week)TE- Owen DanielsShould I go hunting for a second top tier WR to complement Fitz or should I grab a top RB? Either way, which running back should I most be willing to trade? What WR/RB would you recommend I pursue? Should I primarily target somebody with weak matchups, particularly in weeks 16 & 17? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Roddy White might be the most underrated fantasy WR in the NFL. I wish I had picked him up this year instead of Roy Williams and freaking Donald Driver both of whom I drafted before White :club: . I say stick with him. He's posted 90+ yards the last 4 games with 3 of those over 110.
Roddy White might be the most underrated fantasy WR in the NFL. I wish I had picked him up this year instead of Roy Williams and freaking Donald Driver both of whom I drafted before White :club: . I say stick with him. He's posted 90+ yards the last 4 games with 3 of those over 110.
I think Boldin is the most underrated. When he's healthy, he's a borderline top 5 receiver. But white is great.
I agree White is putting up very nice numbers right now, which is why I have been leaning towards netting a top tier RB. The question is, which of my RBs should I look to be trading away? I have been leaning towards Brandon Jacobs for two reasons:1. He is a committee back who is splitting carries with two other backs (though primarily Ward)2. He does not have any particularly favorable match ups. In fact, a number of them are very unfavorable (Steelers, Ravens, Eagles x2, Redskins, Minnesota)
LOL I go to my email before heading to bed last night and find a trade offer from my 14 person keeper league.Stephen Jackson in return for Brad JohnsonWow
Now he comes back with Brad Johnson for Darren McFadden. Keep in mind this is a keeper league.
Now he comes back with Brad Johnson for Darren McFadden. Keep in mind this is a keeper league.
lol he's obviously joking, right? I hate it when people send me rediculous trade suggestions that just annoy me.
lol he's obviously joking, right? I hate it when people send me rediculous trade suggestions that just annoy me.
I have a strong feeling he is not. This guy took 3 D/ST and 4 kickers at the draft this year, sober.
I have a strong feeling he is not. This guy took 3 D/ST and 4 kickers at the draft this year, sober.
Is your league for money? if not, you should make it for money to weed out jerk offs who are just jerking around.... if it is for money, you should welcome his action.
Is your league for money? if not, you should make it for money to weed out jerk offs who are just jerking around.... if it is for money, you should welcome his action.
Its a money league. $125 per person + $5 per transaction. It's an odd league. I am not a top tier FF player, I enjoy it, I study a little before drafts but when I went to the draft this year (I am a new expansion team) I was surprised to see these guys with binders full of info that they studied during each pick in the auction draft. Especially this guy. The two biggest "pro FF" guys are 1 win teams. I very much welcome their action. I built my league more for the future, thus taking guys like McFadden and DeShean Jackson and Romo. I had no plan to compete this year but surprisingly sitting on spot off the playoffs.
Its a money league. $125 per person + $5 per transaction. It's an odd league. I am not a top tier FF player, I enjoy it, I study a little before drafts but when I went to the draft this year (I am a new expansion team) I was surprised to see these guys with binders full of info that they studied during each pick in the auction draft. Especially this guy. The two biggest "pro FF" guys are 1 win teams. I very much welcome their action. I built my league more for the future, thus taking guys like McFadden and DeShean Jackson and Romo. I had no plan to compete this year but surprisingly sitting on spot off the playoffs.
How the hell could that guy have studied fantasy football, and yet draft 4 kickers and 3 defences? Unless you have like 50 picks or something. In one, very deep league, I drafted 2 defenses, but afterwards I felt it was a mistake, and ended up dropping one. Anytime my kicker has a bye week ,I drop him and draft another. I don't know what material the guy is studying, but he's clearly retarded. I would be annoyed by him sending me rediculous trade requests, however. Romo/McFadden / Jackson is a great core for the future, btw.
How the hell could that guy have studied fantasy football, and yet draft 4 kickers and 3 defences? Unless you have like 50 picks or something. In one, very deep league, I drafted 2 defenses, but afterwards I felt it was a mistake, and ended up dropping one. Anytime my kicker has a bye week ,I drop him and draft another. I don't know what material the guy is studying, but he's clearly retarded. I would be annoyed by him sending me rediculous trade requests, however. Romo/McFadden / Jackson is a great core for the future, btw.
As he put it, it was "trade bait" He took Defenses and Kickers people would want and he would then force trades. It hasn't worked for him yet. With that in mind, I believe he picked up Johnson (who i did try to pick up off waivers once Romo went down) thinking I would be desperate enough to trade something big in order to cover my empty QB slot. I am just not that desperate. I still have McNabb so I can go 1 QB and still win, especially this week since we play each other.
As he put it, it was "trade bait" He took Defenses and Kickers people would want and he would then force trades. It hasn't worked for him yet. With that in mind, I believe he picked up Johnson (who i did try to pick up off waivers once Romo went down) thinking I would be desperate enough to trade something big in order to cover my empty QB slot. I am just not that desperate. I still have McNabb so I can go 1 QB and still win, especially this week since we play each other.
lol @ trade bait. I would never trade anything of value for a kicker or defense.

if i were you... i'd try to trade thomas jones if you're sending him somewhere. jacobs is still going to get goal line carries imo.well i got another trade going through....getting Witten/Waltersgiving up Favre/Winslow.I got a trade offer on the table for Chris Johnson and LenDale for LT. I told him I'd consider it after the chargers bye.also picked up Pierre Thomas.... good thing i got rid of Santonio!!!!

I have to start 3 of these WRs Roy Williams vs TBA. Boldin vs CARMatt Jones vs. CLEDonnie Avery vs. NEAny opinions? Right now I have Williams on the bench but I think in his home debut, they might try to get him the ball to justify the trade to the hometown fans. Jones gets 5 catches nearly every game but about 60 yards and that's it. Avery has become more involved in the offense since Haslet took over, and with Harrison out maybe he could catch a bomb (or two).Oh, and with S Jackson not expected to play I have to choose one of these three: Julius Jones, McAllister, Warrick Dunn?

I have to start 3 of these WRs Roy Williams vs TBA. Boldin vs CARMatt Jones vs. CLEDonnie Avery vs. NEAny opinions? Right now I have Williams on the bench but I think in his home debut, they might try to get him the ball to justify the trade to the hometown fans. Jones gets 5 catches nearly every game but about 60 yards and that's it. Avery has become more involved in the offense since Haslet took over, and with Harrison out maybe he could catch a bomb (or two).Oh, and with S Jackson not expected to play I have to choose one of these three: Julius Jones, McAllister, Warrick Dunn?
I dunno, Roy Williams is more talented than jones or avery, but that doesn't mean he's getting the ball, and TB is a tough defense ( that's going to work over BJ, I think) I'd stick with your current lineup.And I'd start Duece. Warrick dunn splits time, and Jones is on a terribad team. Duece is on a great offense and bush is out so he should get even more touches.
I dunno, Roy Williams is more talented than jones or avery, but that doesn't mean he's getting the ball, and TB is a tough defense ( that's going to work over BJ, I think) I'd stick with your current lineup.And I'd start Duece. Warrick dunn splits time, and Jones is on a terribad team. Duece is on a great offense and bush is out so he should get even more touches.
AAAAHHHHHHHH!Thanks for the advice, a few minutes earlier next time...?!?!?Just Kidding, I'm sure I would have done what I did anyway but I wish I would have started McAllister instead of Jones. I'd be looking good for high score of the week for the league ($25).Avery and Boldin FTW!
AAAAHHHHHHHH!Thanks for the advice, a few minutes earlier next time...?!?!?Just Kidding, I'm sure I would have done what I did anyway but I wish I would have started McAllister instead of Jones. I'd be looking good for high score of the week for the league ($25).Avery and Boldin FTW!
LOL sorry I didn't get the advise sooner, I actuallly thought of you when I saw the game that duece hand. Thank God for Q indeed, he has like 7 touchdowns this season, and he's missed a couple games. He's such a bull. I don't think there's a wide reciever I'd rather have than him, other than maybe Larry Fitzgarald. Warner is my QB too, and the vast bulk of my points have come from that game. With out those two, I'd have like 1 win this season.