Offical Fantasy Football Gripes, Brags And Questions

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm winning 110 to 61 going into monday night, and he only has indy's D. this one's in the sack. Losing Brady for the season has been so liberating. It's like every win is found money, a total free roll I'm tied for second in my league right now, at 5-3. I don't know that I have a strong enough squad to make a real play off run, but I'm almost guaranteed to make the playoffs at this point, baring a debacle.

In my one league I am currently losing 72-55 going into tonight's game. I have Chris Johnson and Dallas Clark yet to play, but he has Marvin Harrison, Bo Scaife, and the Tennessee D/ST. Here's hoping that Chris Johnson has a big game and Dallas Clark actually puts up some fantasy points...The good news is that even if I lose, the only other team at 6-1 is also losing and both 5-2 teams have lost their games so I should still be in first. My other league is locked up 136-90.

In my one league I am currently losing 72-55 going into tonight's game. I have Chris Johnson and Dallas Clark yet to play, but he has Marvin Harrison, Bo Scaife, and the Tennessee D/ST. Here's hoping that Chris Johnson has a big game and Dallas Clark actually puts up some fantasy points...The good news is that even if I lose, the only other team at 6-1 is also losing and both 5-2 teams have lost their games so I should still be in first. My other league is locked up 136-90.
Dallas clark has been the biggest crap in my mouth. Stupid talented Mr Roto, picking him as the number one tight end. I'm never listening to that guy again about anything, he's a complete hack who tries to be provocative, tries to give "unique" analysis, and ends up making a bunch of retarded predictions.
Dallas clark has been the biggest crap in my mouth. Stupid talented Mr Roto, picking him as the number one tight end. I'm never listening to that guy again about anything, he's a complete hack who tries to be provocative, tries to give "unique" analysis, and ends up making a bunch of retarded predictions.
Yeah Dallas Clark has definetely been the biggest bust of my fantasy picks for that league. It saddens me to know that I had Owen Daniels at one point too but then dropped him early to pick up somebody else (can't remember who). I kept him on my other team and he has done quite well for me. Now I am resorting to stubbornly hanging onto him, hoping in vain that he will finally break out. I mean he has 11 TDs last year, surely he can finish with like 3 or 4. I don't think that is too much to ask.My biggest overall bust is definetely Carson Palmer though, for obvious reasons.For the record, Reggie Bush cannot come back soon enough. I am also waiting for Romo to come back so maybe T.O. can start generating meaningful numbers of points again.
For the record, Reggie Bush cannot come back soon enough. I am also waiting for Romo to come back so maybe T.O. can start generating meaningful numbers of points again.
Yeah, what a fantastic year bush was having. All dallas players are worthless while BJ is the QB. With the possible exception of the kicker.

weeeeeeeeeee, still won with jamarcus as my starter, 7-1 in 1 league and 6-2 in another...

weeeeeeeeeee, still won with jamarcus as my starter, 7-1 in 1 league and 6-2 in another...
What's your record in my league? Are you .500 yet? You've got a real barn-burner with brvhrt going. He's not playing a defense, and you're still going to need Clark/Bironas to outscore Wayne by 9 points to win.Just so everyone knows, my team is somehow demolishing mother****ers. RiversPeterson Michael "Burner" TurnerLarry FitzgeraldRowdy Roddy White(Roy Williams/Antonio Bryant)GatesThomas Jones, McGahee on the bench. It's going to end up being me and GoBears in a pretty stiff battle for best regular season record and the regular season points total, and I'll lose in the first round of the playoffs to Peter or whomever the 4th seed is.Faggotron 3000 signing off.

Clark is on the right track so far, already got one score. Lets keep it going and lets get Chris Johnson a TD or two. Just keep the TDs away from Marvin Harrison and Bo Scaife. Glad that Titans player got up and seems to be okay, just got knocked out for a bit there.

Clark is on the right track so far, already got one score. Lets keep it going and lets get Chris Johnson a TD or two. Just keep the TDs away from Marvin Harrison, Renald Wayne and Bo Scaife. Glad that Titans player got up and seems to be okay, just got knocked out for a bit there.
FYP
What's your record in my league? Are you .500 yet? You've got a real barn-burner with brvhrt going. He's not playing a defense, and you're still going to need Clark/Bironas to outscore Wayne by 9 points to win.Just so everyone knows, my team is somehow demolishing mother****ers. RiversPeterson Michael "Burner" TurnerLarry FitzgeraldRowdy Roddy White(Roy Williams/Antonio Bryant)GatesThomas Jones, McGahee on the bench. It's going to end up being me and GoBears in a pretty stiff battle for best regular season record and the regular season points total, and I'll lose in the first round of the playoffs to Peter or whomever the 4th seed is.Faggotron 3000 signing off.
Jesus Christ what a squad.
FYP
lol i am okay with all of Indy's offensive points going through Clark, and he seems to be doing a good job so far. If Chris Johnson can get going or D. Clark can break 100 yards recieving, that would help significantly. I need Indy to get over 20 points so the tennessee D/ST doesn't get bonus points for holding them to a low score. In other words, let Clark catch another TD to reward me for my dedication to him in fantasy.
Jesus Christ what a squad.
Agreed, that is an absurd squad. Small league or foolish draft choices by other owners? If that is a 12 team squad, that is gross.
I'll be .500 if I win tonight, the 2 TD catches by Clark is def. helping right now. Made a big trade for Cutler since Palmer's out for the season (nice busted pick,) so hopefully I can eek into the playoffs and knock you/Andre out. Although with that team, that's a tall task. I really want to win the 6-2 league though, 18 people in the league, and so much more live smack talk opportunity if I win (plus a trophy.)
lol i am okay with all of Indy's offensive points going through Clark, and he seems to be doing a good job so far. If Chris Johnson can get going or D. Clark can break 100 yards recieving, that would help significantly. I need Indy to get over 20 points so the tennessee D/ST doesn't get bonus points for holding them to a low score. In other words, let Clark catch another TD to reward me for my dedication to him in fantasy.Agreed, that is an absurd squad. Small league or foolish draft choices by other owners? If that is a 12 team squad, that is gross.
10 team sick thread league. My team was voted 4th best after the draft.
10 team sick thread league. My team was voted 4th best after the draft.
I can see how you being voted 4th is possible, considering I don't think anyone was expecting Rivers, Turner, or Roddy White to be putting up the #s they are currently. I also have the White/Fitzgerald recieving duo on one of my 12 team leagues and it is serving me well. Any team with AP should be seen as a threat on a weekly basis, it just doesn't seem to matter how good the opposing defense is against the run, he always finds a way to put up solid #s.Edit: Chris Johnson FTW!!!!!!!
Dallas clark's corpse finally shows up for a game after I'm ahead by 50 and don't need the points.
That makes one of us, count it! Chris Johnson's TD just put icing on the cake. Now I have a one game lead in one league (7-1) and the only league only two of us are at 6-2 now, going into the week there was a 4 of us at 5-2. I will put my updated rosters on here later in the week, picked up some guys off the FA/Waiver wire now that almost all the bye weeks have passed.

I won by 1.5 points. One more ten yard pass from Manning to Wayne and I would have lost. Started out the season 0-6 and won the last two weeks and am now only one or two games out of being in the playoffs lol. Wish I wouldnt have got pissed after week 6 and traded AP. Mewelde Moore has been my best midseason 3 am pick up.

I have a few interesting decisions to make this week, thought I'd get some opinions. For reference, my league includes return yards, so kickoff and punt returners can have quite a bit of value:We start 3 WR, 2 RB, and one flex. For the RB slots I have to decide between:Jamal Lewis vs BAL (very good run D)Ricky Williams vs. DEN (very bad run D)LenDale White vs. GB (bad run D)My other RB, Adrian Peterson, will be starting. White likely will, too. So it comes down to Lewis vs. Williams for the flex spot.For WR, I will be starting Santana Moss and Andre Johnson. The last slot will come down to:Hines Ward vs. WAS (decent pass D)Johnnie Lee Higgins (OAK kick returner) vs. ATL (OAK gives up quite a few points, thus returns quite a few kicks)I'm leaning towards Higgins. In my league, he's actually the 5th ranked WR. Ward is going against a decent pass D, doesn't get tons of yards, and has a QB that is constantly getting banged around.Speaking of QB, I have Roethlisberger and Garrard. Big Ben scares me with the shaky offensive line. He's either reliable for a solid-but-not-spectacular game or a complete crapfest if he's getting pressured and fumbling/throwing picks. Garrard has been much better in the past weeks. So:Roethlisberger vs. WAS (decent pass D, horrible protection)Garrard vs. CIN (pretty good pass D, actually)Sorry, this got long. Basically I'm deciding between Ricky Williams and Jamal Lewis at RB, Hines Ward and Johnnie Lee Higgins at WR, and Ben Roethlisberger and David Garrard at QB.

I have a few interesting decisions to make this week, thought I'd get some opinions. For reference, my league includes return yards, so kickoff and punt returners can have quite a bit of value:We start 3 WR, 2 RB, and one flex. For the RB slots I have to decide between:Jamal Lewis vs BAL (very good run D)Ricky Williams vs. DEN (very bad run D)LenDale White vs. GB (bad run D)My other RB, Adrian Peterson, will be starting. White likely will, too. So it comes down to Lewis vs. Williams for the flex spot.For WR, I will be starting Santana Moss and Andre Johnson. The last slot will come down to:Hines Ward vs. WAS (decent pass D)Johnnie Lee Higgins (OAK kick returner) vs. ATL (OAK gives up quite a few points, thus returns quite a few kicks)I'm leaning towards Higgins. In my league, he's actually the 5th ranked WR. Ward is going against a decent pass D, doesn't get tons of yards, and has a QB that is constantly getting banged around.Speaking of QB, I have Roethlisberger and Garrard. Big Ben scares me with the shaky offensive line. He's either reliable for a solid-but-not-spectacular game or a complete crapfest if he's getting pressured and fumbling/throwing picks. Garrard has been much better in the past weeks. So:Roethlisberger vs. WAS (decent pass D, horrible protection)Garrard vs. CIN (pretty good pass D, actually)Sorry, this got long. Basically I'm deciding between Ricky Williams and Jamal Lewis at RB, Hines Ward and Johnnie Lee Higgins at WR, and Ben Roethlisberger and David Garrard at QB.
scoring system?
scoring system?
RB's get 1 pt/20 yds, 6 for TD, (-1) for fumbles, (-2) for fumbles lost - bonus for 100 yds (2 pts), 150 yds (3), 200 yds (5)WR's get the sameQB's get 1 pt/50 yds, (-2) for INT, and the same for TD's/fumbles - bonus for 300 yds (1 pt), 350 yds (2), 400 yds (3)Returners get 1 point/20 return yards - bonus for 100 yds (1 pt), 150 yds (3), 200 yds (5)