Official Palin/biden Debate Thread

http://townhall.com/news/politics-election...p;comments=truegood article pointing out facts that were misstated from palin and biden
Your link isn't working here. However you read this article for some facts vs claims in the debate: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081003/ap_on_...bate_fact_check
  • Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your link isn't working here. However you read this article for some facts vs claims in the debate: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081003/ap_on_...bate_fact_check
Not a very good list. It is almost as vague as the candidates themselves and ignores at least one HUGE exchange between Palin and Biden regarding the "Clean Coal" issue.
If I can make it thru eight years of Bush......be strong.Oh, and this thing is not over yet by any means.
Are you serious? Did you watch the same debate? IT'S WAY OVER. She did nothing to help their campaign. It was completely obvious that when she couldn't answer a question she went back to discussing "energy" and what she did in Alaska. She doesn't have what it takes. And by goodness, couldn't she expand her vocabulary a little? How many times did she say "The Maverick"? I'm with DN. Obama will be our next President and finally change will take place, and for the better.
Not a very good list. It is almost as vague as the candidates themselves and ignores at least one HUGE exchange between Palin and Biden regarding the "Clean Coal" issue.
All I was saying is that the other link didn't work for me and I saw this on my yahoo page. If it's not enough then find another link that gives more info. I assume too that people can click on the fact check link within the article as well.
All I was saying is that the other link didn't work for me and I saw this on my yahoo page. If it's not enough then find another link that gives more info. I assume too that people can click on the fact check link within the article as well.
Whatever.
Are you serious? Did you watch the same debate? IT'S WAY OVER. She did nothing to help their campaign. It was completely obvious that when she couldn't answer a question she went back to discussing "energy" and what she did in Alaska. She doesn't have what it takes. And by goodness, couldn't she expand her vocabulary a little? How many times did she say "The Maverick"? I'm with DN. Obama will be our next President and finally change will take place, and for the better.
Again. Bias. I think that most people who at least TRY to suspend their bias viewed this Debate when viewed from a Neutral Level Field as a "Draw" or marginal Biden WIn. When taken in context of expectations it is a Palin win.The only ones who are saying it was a "Home Run" for either team wind up sounding like shills for their party.
Go rent the movie "Fargo"And I find Ted Kennedy's accent far more distracting and don't get me started on southern accents.Guess we can't all be from the midwest with our "neutral" accents and sound like we are Anchors on the Evening News...dontcha know.
Yah, true enough, eh?
One thing,DN- I thought he wasn't black? What happened to that line of reasoning?
He included the "black guy" line because people in this thread were saying, "He won't win because he's black." Either you or BG was one of them. I get you two confused all the time.And, yeah, I'd give my opinion but we all know I'm unbelievably liberal (though, I'm completely against the bailout). So, carry on...
Again. Bias. I think that most people who at least TRY to suspend their bias viewed this Debate when viewed from a Neutral Level Field as a "Draw" or marginal Biden WIn. When taken in context of expectations it is a Palin win.The only ones who are saying it was a "Home Run" for either team wind up sounding like shills for their party.
Facts are facts, not "biases". I give credit where credit is due and Palin certainly let her nerves dissipate after a little while and looked more comfortable throughout the debate. However, she does NOT have what it takes to run this country should anything happen to McCain. And McCain's agenda is certainly nothing to help the middle class people, economy, war, etc. "When taken in context of expectations it is a Palin win"....Why? Because she didn't collapse? She couldn't answer half of the questions without regurgitating what she's done in Alaska in regards to energy. That's hardly a win. Even at a "Neutral" playing field.
Facts are facts, not "biases".
What is it with the trolls lately, they aren't even terribly clever.I agree Facts are Facts, but all you give is a bunch of Biased Opinions - I can get just as many from Republicans, but don't see the point in yet another a He Said/She Said. If you don't understand the concept of the Level Playing Field vs. Expectations then I'm not going to take the time to explain it to you. There were no "game changing" moments, unless you consider the Debate itself to be a game changing moment since Palin performed well enough to solitify her image.The FACT is that many educated viewers who are able to suspend bias (yes it is possible) here and on a wider scale (Focus Groups, Polls, CNN, NBC, and yes Fox) seem to agree with the assessment as I stated it.
He included the "black guy" line because people in this thread were saying, "He won't win because he's black." Either you or BG was one of them. I get you two confused all the time.And, yeah, I'd give my opinion but we all know I'm unbelievably liberal (though, I'm completely against the bailout). So, carry on...
I don't think DN meant anything bad by that... I think he is saying since us conservatives think there is an underlying bias that isnt reported, he is confident enough to lay 3/2 on the black guy!...

I haven't read every response, so if any of this has been said, please forgive.Palin stating that she might not answer the questions that are being directed at her is just silly. Regardless of how she tried to phrase it, or her team tried to phrase it. Any way that you slice it, Biden came across as being much more intellegent. Almost in a comparison of college prof to a an 8th grade student. Her back handed compliments of Biden supporting McCain on various issues were annoying. I think she is pretty transparent. It's not that I feel that a person needs to have a wealth of experience either. I just want them to be intelligent. She strikes me as being contrived, vindictive, and plastic.

During her republican convention speech - they had it printed out as New Clear on the teleprompter so she wouldn't mispronnounce itShe didn't have a teleprompter this time
Oh, this is good.I'd like you to cite a source on this.
I don't think DN meant anything bad by that... I think he is saying since us conservatives think there is an underlying bias that isnt reported, he is confident enough to lay 3/2 on the black guy!...
Yeah. People have to lighten up and understand the difference between a "serious" post vs. something meant to lighten the mood. Not every post is meant to be scrutinized for each letter and syllable.

What is truly rediculous about politcs is the following:Democrats spend the week leading up to the debate saying, If Obama does't screw up the 1st debate, since foreign policy is his weak point, he wins...Democrats spend the week leading up to the VP debate saying that the expectation is so low for Palin, (just like it was for obama)Republicans do this tooSPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN... I am dizzy

Any way that you slice it, Biden came across as being much more intellegent. Almost in a comparison of college prof to a an 8th grade student.
This is your opinion and it is not shared by at least 45%-50% of the USA
Oh, this is good.I'd like you to cite a source on this.
Dunno if the source is to be trusted but there seems to be many instances of this claim.http://www.observer.com/2008/media/sarah-p...ew-clear-option"Over at the Politico, Jonathan Martin corrects a previous report by Erick Erickson on RedState.com that claimed Sarah Palin spoke off the cuff last night rather than reading from a teleprompter. Erickson says sources close to McCain told him that the teleprompter malfunctioned during Ms. Palin's speech and consequently forced her to improvise. We can confirm that that's false: like Martin, Media Mob was sitting in the press section and could see plainly that the teleprompter was working just fine. Funny thing though: both times Ms. Palin was called to say the word "nuclear," ("we're going to lay more pipelines, build more nuclear plants, create jobs with clean coal", "Terrorist states are seeking nuclear weapons without delay") the word was spelled "new-clear" on the screen. Which is interesting, because it suggests someone in the party (maybe Ms. Palin herself) really, really didn't want her to mispronounce this word. Why all of a sudden does the Republican party care about this, after not caring about it-- defiantly, it seemed sometimes!-- for eight years?"
I haven't read every response, so if any of this has been said, please forgive.Palin stating that she might not answer the questions that are being directed at her is just silly. Regardless of how she tried to phrase it, or her team tried to phrase it. Any way that you slice it, Biden came across as being much more intellegent. Almost in a comparison of college prof to a an 8th grade student. Her back handed compliments of Biden supporting McCain on various issues were annoying. I think she is pretty transparent. It's not that I feel that a person needs to have a wealth of experience either. I just want them to be intelligent. She strikes me as being contrived, vindictive, and plastic.
Be careful! You're at risk of being called biased and a troll by Pot Odds RAC. While many INTELLIGENT people agree with you, you are coming across as too biased for his liking. LOL.Her whole agenda was transparent. She was trying to connect to the "soccor moms" and gain the support of middle class mother, inciting how she knows what it's like.....and I loved Biden's response back. You don't have to be a single mom to feel the pain. There are many positions that you can go into without having much experience and learn it on the job...being the VP is not one of them.
This is your opinion and it is not shared by at least 45%-50% of the USA
True it is my opinion. I honestly don't see how 45-50% of America can honestly say that they believe that Palin is even on the same playing field as Biden when it comes to intelligence. But then again, Bush was elected and then re-elected.
I thought I answered this post.... oh, well. No, what I said was a small jab at DN to help him keep his ducks in a row. In an exchange we had recently he explicitly said that Obama was not black and was in fact half black and half white. I was just messing with DN, as per my job requirements as Awesome rude poster #2.