Here I Come To Save The Day!

From Kausfiles on slate: Nice.Drama Queen: No convention today! ... OK, it's on! ... The economy's sound... No, wait, it's going to fall apart unless I go to Washington tomorrow! ... We need a commission! ... We need to fire somebody! ... Get me Andrew Cuomo! ... I want ten more debates! ... But let's postpone the one we've scheduled! ... Do you get the impression a McCain presidency would be a bit exhausting? ...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly silly AKOFF. You won't be able to afford Hawaii when your son is in College. Go Now.
LOL, was there in March. I have nothing but envy for Nutz right now (60 degrees here in Philly and waiting for 3 inches rain so I can't play golf tomorrow) My smart people tell me it won't be a problem. I hope they are right. Probably would help if I stopped playing online poker!!!
Or you could just do what my parents have done and make me pay for my own college. I've been working for a year already trying to save up enough money to go. I think I'll be able to go next fall though :club:
Working for it will do nothing but help you....i sound old but it is true. I am going to tell both of my boys it is a loan. They will pay me back without interest. Assuming then that they do well i will not collect on said loan. If they screw up and drop i have the ablitlity tp make them sweat....best plan I have. Besides they don't need to know I won't be collecting!!
Working for it will do nothing but help you....i sound old but it is true. I am going to tell both of my boys it is a loan. They will pay me back without interest. Assuming then that they do well i will not collect on said loan. If they screw up and drop i have the ablitlity tp make them sweat....best plan I have. Besides they don't need to know I won't be collecting!!
hmmm you said he's 8? seems to me that he should be able to read so you'd better watch what you post here then or the cat will be out of the bag :club:
I read it all and you do make valid points. I really don't want to get into these issues anymore as nobody's opinions change it mostly just goes round and round. I will end on this I don't agree with Obama's view on the abortion proposal either but I see his point. Yes few agree with him but he's held steadfast in his reasoning since day one I prefer to believe that that is more likely out of stubborness then the evil that some try to suggest. Also I don't agree with a lot of what apparently went on with Rev Wright and there church but I don't agree with what goes on within most churches. McCain readily accepted endorsements this year of evangilists who he had rallied against in 2000 the same American evanilists who said that the U.S.A brought on 9/11 by tolerating gays and abortion and yet this fact has received little to know coverage through out the election. Whether you are Muslim, Christain or niether there are extremist morons on each side of the aisle from those that are suicide bombers in the name of Allah to those that bomb abortion clinics in the name of god.
I agree with this.Not going to let you off the hook. Obama supports Partial Birth Abortion and believes aborted babies born alive have no rights. He is not stubborn and has flat out lied about this as shown below in FactCheck.
justdoit said that it was something he stated
Absolutley not true, I have never said that, please provide the post.I have said he supports Partial-Birth Abortion and believes that a born alive aborted baby has no rights.He supports over turning Gonzales v. Carhart (Partial Abortion Procedure) by promising to sign the The Freedom of Choice Act which would legalize this procedure.In fact Obama before Planned Parenthood Action Fund on July 17, 2007 said the following,"For the first time in Gonzales versus Carhart, the Supreme Court held—upheld a federal ban on abortions with criminal penalties for doctors. For the first time, the Court’s endorsed an abortion restriction without an exception for women’s health." By say this Obama is really stupid or Intellectually Dishonest. Gonzales v Carhart has not prevented one abortion (other procedures are available), and is in no way a ban on abortion.And in trying to torpedo the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act he has more than proven that he believes born alive aborted baby has no rights. In trying to figure out this Convoluted mess I will defer to FactCheck.FactCheck:A June 30 Obama campaign statement responding to similar claims by conservative commentator William J. Bennett says that SB 1082 did not contain the same language as the federal BAIPA.Obama campaign statement, June 30: Illinois And Federal Born Alive Infant Protection Acts Did Not Include Exactly The Same Language. The Illinois legislation read, "A live child born as a result of an abortion shall be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection under the law." The Born Alive Infant Protections Act read, "Nothing in this section shall be construed to affirm, deny, expand, or contract any legal status or legal right applicable to any member of the species homo sapiens at any point prior to being 'born alive' as defined in this section." [sB 1082, Held in Health and Human Services, 3/13/03; Session Sine Die, 1/11/05; BAIPA, Public Law 107-207]The statement was still on Obama's Web site as of this writing, Aug. 25, long after Obama had accused his detractors of "lying." But Obama's claim is wrong. In fact, by the time the HHS Committee voted on the bill, it did contain language identical to the federal act"Same Words, Different Effect?Obama’s campaign now has a different explanation for his vote against the 2003 Illinois bill. Even with the same wording as the federal law, the Obama camp says, the state bill would have a different effect than the BAIPA would have at the federal level. It's state law, not federal law, that actually regulates the practice of abortion. So a bill defining a pre-viable fetus born as the result of abortion as a human could directly affect the practice of abortion at the state level, but not at the federal level, the campaign argues.http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/ob...nfanticide.htmlAnd of course we know that Obama would not answer the question “At what point does a baby get human rights?”...that's baby not fetus.You know the old saying...actions speaks louder than words, Obama actions have totally validated my points.

Talk about saving the day. What about Bill Clinton this morning throwing Bombs under Obama's bus and blaming Democrats for not working with Republicans and him to reform Fannie and Freddie. Also tossed in a Trojan Horse."We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates," Clinton said.Interviewhttp://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/20...clinton-do.html

Doing it on my own ensures that I'll actually attend class since I'll be the one forking out 10k/year to attend. I have a pretty good work ethic so I'd probably attend anyway but whatevs. As long as I'm college educated eventually.
Yeah because Letterman's the one who comes out of this whole situation looking like a douche.
I'm glad we can agree.
McCain chose her ahead of all those men, men who WOULD have been holding conferences by now and not being "protected" from the big, bad, media.
Yeah, because interviews with 2 of the most liberal media personalities in the world (Gibson, Couric) is "protecting her from "the big, bad media." LOL. At least she didn't dodge them for months like BHO did to O'reilly. Give me a break.
I'm watching this crap on CNN.UUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHQuote CNN just now "This is the biggest bank failure in the history of the world"Is this going to be the bail-out discussion thread as well? Because all the news networks are doom and gloom about the same thing. Many of the "analysts" that I've heard from are really taking it to the Republicans because of their division between the Senate and House. McCain isn't being portrayed well because reports are coming in that he was pretty quiet during the White House meeting.I don't think John McCain can get away with not showing up at the debate tomorrow. BHO shows up at the debate tomorrow, then he's going to have a 1 on 1 forum with millions of people watching and no one opposing what he says.If this is going to be major news that lasts at least a week, then the candidate who comes out smelling like roses is the new president. Especially if this issue takes over most of October.
I'm watching this crap on CNN.UUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHQuote CNN just now "This is the biggest bank failure in the history of the world"
I wonder if the buyout of their bad mortgages would have saved it. When I was shopping for my mortgage they were by far the most aggressive with teaser rates, but there was no way I was taking anything other than a fixed rate, and they werent even close to competitive there.
I wonder if the buyout of their bad mortgages would have saved it. When I was shopping for my mortgage they were by far the most aggressive with teaser rates, but there was no way I was taking anything other than a fixed rate, and they werent even close to competitive there.
MehLet WaMu fail. It'll hurt now, but much worse and for longer if we bought out their bad mortgages.I'm not as knowledgeable as everyone else on the issue, but let me go over this in my mind and ask a question.X & Y companies make bad business decisions and tank. Z (the government) figures that their downfall is too dangerous to our economy.Z attempts to make the best plan possible that involves bailing out X & Y, but pays back Z (and possibly plus some) in the future.Here's what I'm confused about.Why, if Z does the bail out, do we think that X & Y are going to turn the direction of their business around?
I don't think John McCain can get away with not showing up at the debate tomorrow. BHO shows up at the debate tomorrow, then he's going to have a 1 on 1 forum with millions of people watching and no one opposing what he says.
You mean a few people will be watching the debates -- All Democrats. Guys like me and most of the country will just find something else to do instead of waste our time listening to Obama talk to himself.
You mean a few people will be watching the debates -- All Democrats. Guys like me and most of the country will just find something else to do instead of waste our time listening to Obama talk to himself.
then you are shortchanging yourself of the pleasure of intelligently destroy the liberals who will claim that he won. :club:
You're such a disingenuous ****ing cheerleader. Even if half of your points were spot on, I wouldn't even care because of the way you present yourself. No one could possibly look at the history of your posts and think you give a damn about the issues.John's Frame of Mind:Obviously, only Democrats are going to watch the debate. Obama is, of course, just fooling everyone to get elected. Realistically, he has this grand scheme to screw us all over and laugh in our peril. His personal ties prove the evilness deep within his soul and he will dance in the streets while our country falls under the terrorism which, of course, he was hoping for all along.McCain is a ****ing white knight galloping in to save this country from the pestilence that is liberalism. Which I'm sure, in your mind, is exactly what is guilty for everything wrong in this country and the Republicans have been powerless to do anything over the last 8 years. Of course that means Clinton is guilty for everything terrible in the LAST SIXTEEN YEARS. Which is why we need McCain to rally the GOP troops, gather up all the magic fairy dust, and surge on to fight the liberal plague which has controlled the federal government for 4 terms.Oh, and don't let me forget, EVERYONE in the country is, just now, starting to see all of the above as being 100% true. Knowing that we're screwed with Obama or McCain, I almost want to cheer on Obama just to watch you eat your shit.
Most educated people will see right through it, but I still think it was a genius move for McCain since he's been getting killed in the polls lately, specifically because of the economy. He had to try something, and this desperation play worked with Palin for a while (backfiring now), so he had little to lose I guess.
This is absolutely rediculous..... DO you really think that Obama and McCain should debate tonight, or maybe just maybe do something a little more important...You are far under estimating both of the roles to bring consensus within their parties...I am not sure why they couldnt debate monday,tues,wed,thrs...what is the big deal?I and many people have our retirements in the stock market and need the agreement so I can retire one day and doesnt cost me more $$ of my income as a tax payerYou would be blasting mccain if this situation was reversed....This is the time where I want no poltical BS... Get the job doneThis is more proof that government...(dems & rep) screw up anything they get involved with.....The last thing I want them running is my health care

You had me at "disingenuous".This whole thing reminds me of a Hail Mary pass that is getting bobbled and still has not hit the ground. Keep bobbling, people! It makes for good news television!

You had me at "disingenuous".This whole thing reminds me of a Hail Mary pass that is getting bobbled and still has not hit the ground. Keep bobbling, people! It makes for good news television!
"Hail Mary" is the talking point phrase of the day......pass it on.

If BHO does show up for the debate he risks being accused of Fiddling while Rome Burns.McCain can claim "ownership" of this issue. He can claim to be the "first" one to recognize the serious nature of this issue. McCain is in D.C. right now and is siezing this issue as his defining moment. Don't put it past the Republicans to let this thing fail enough to let McCain grasp the moment.Just watched the President's Address - that was beyond useless.

This is absolutely rediculous..... DO you really think that Obama and McCain should debate tonight, or maybe just maybe do something a little more important...You are far under estimating both of the roles to bring consensus within their parties...I am not sure why they couldnt debate monday,tues,wed,thrs...what is the big deal?I and many people have our retirements in the stock market and need the agreement so I can retire one day and doesnt cost me more $$ of my income as a tax payerYou would be blasting mccain if this situation was reversed....This is the time where I want no poltical BS... Get the job doneThis is more proof that government...(dems & rep) screw up anything they get involved with.....The last thing I want them running is my health care
The presidential debates are scheduled a year in advance and they have an effect on the local economy where it's being held. The debate takes 90 minutes. They both have planes. The country, especially in a time of crisis needs to hear what these men plan to do about it. McCain and Obama can work all day, do the debate, and then get back to work the next morning. Neither man is an integral part of the negotiations, in fact, neither of them have anything to do with it as they aren't on the committee. As Obama said, the future president will have to be able to multi-task. The world doesn't stop when we have one issue, the president will need to oversee many issues at the same time. They can handle it.