Here I Come To Save The Day!

This is a very valid point but according to accounts Obama reached across the lines to jointly battle this issue with McCain. The fact that he doesn't feel like he needs to stop campaigning or be in Washington to be a part of the process is certainly debateable but a point he made yesterday was that as a President you are always going to have more then one issue to deal with at time you can't just stop everything and focus on the most urgent one as he stated a big part of the job is the ability to multi task. I laughed pretty hard at McCain saying "...this isn't the time to issue statements, it's the time for action." all the while making sure to fit some interviews in before running off to save the economy.
No, he didn't. He reached across so they could "make a statement" together. Then, McCain made one. I think it's quite obvious that Obama wants no direct part in this so he can point fingers. Or, he just doesn't feel he is neccesary for the process. There are many times when a president drops everything to focus on one thing. Let's be honest, seriously. This has been talked about and debated for a total of really 3 work days, since it was proposed on Friday. 3 days. Why is it so crazy that McCain wants to be there for something that could have a major impact on a possible presidency? It's not crazy at all, it's just crazy because Obama doesn't want to. If he would have agreed to do more debates like McCain wanted to this wouldn't even be a hiccup.
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO she is doing too many interviews. and no, BO is by far the most coddled politician in the history of this country and he is coddled by the media. The interviews she has done were, by design, trying to trick her and make her look bad. Charles Gibson misquoted a prayer she had given completely leaving out words to make it look like she was calling Iraq a Holy War. Katie Couric asked her about McCains campaign manager receiving payments from Fannie Mae, WHAT!?!?! any money he received was for services he provided, they Obama received the 2nd or 3rd most money from them for his campaign. Has he been asked about this? Obama, has lied about supporting and infanticide bill(for providing medical treatment to infants that survive abortion attempts). He has lied about his associations with unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers. He earmarked taxpayer money to go to the hospital his wife worked for after she received a raise. This would have killed most anyone else's bid to become president, certainly any republicans'Anderson Cooper of CNN didn't want to air anything about the Jeremiah Wright, didn't think it was relevant to know what Obama had been listening to for the last 20 years. Has Obama been asked if his daughters are sexually active?(not saying he should be asked about this-but SP's family certainly hasn't been off limits) Sarah Palin's daughter's pregnancy was was a top story by MSM for several news cycles. I could go on longer but I am already off topic. The MSM has dropped any pretense of objectivity, they are out to get Obama elected president. If I were Palin I would take my message directly to the American people like Reagan did, screw the press.
Bingo, I touched on this earlier but any outcry over Palins being coddled is just dishonest, and on some level may she should be. Democrats,MSM and sadly you as well Daniel are just out for blood. I would say it's dis-heartening but it's not all the surprising.
IMO she is doing too many interviews. and no, BO is by far the most coddled politician in the history of this country and he is coddled by the media. The interviews she has done were, by design, trying to trick her and make her look bad. Charles Gibson misquoted a prayer she had given completely leaving out words to make it look like she was calling Iraq a Holy War.If the trash that Obama went through for months(not weeks) was coddling then I'd never want to be coddled. (and yes much of it was because of the Clintons Katie Couric asked her about McCains campaign manager receiving payments from Fannie Mae, WHAT!?!?! any money he received was for services he provided, they Obama received the 2nd or 3rd most money from them for his campaign. Has he been asked about this? Yes this has been asked even those in the msm who conservatives say are biased have asked. Obama, has lied about supporting and infanticide bill(for providing medical treatment to infants that survive abortion attempts). He has lied about his associations with unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers. This issue has been discussed at lengths on this board he never lied about his views on the proposed bill its just many of you like to destort his answer. When did he lie about his association with Ayers? This is another issue that's been twisted and turned through out the conservative media.He earmarked taxpayer money to go to the hospital his wife worked for after she received a raise. This would have killed most anyone else's bid to become president, certainly any republicans'This is the first I've heard of this if its true it's bad.Anderson Cooper of CNN didn't want to air anything about the Jeremiah Wright, didn't think it was relevant to know what Obama had been listening to for the last 20 years. One reporter does not speak for them all. That being said I believe CNN was the first to air Wright's sermons in there entirity and not just the juicy soundbytes that completely ignore the context of the sermons.Has Obama been asked if his daughters are sexually active?(not saying he should be asked about this-but SP's family certainly hasn't been off limits) Sarah Palin's daughter's pregnancy was was a top story by MSM for several news cycles.If his daughters were in there teens and one was pregnant all the while he was running on a platform of core Christain values do you really not think questions would've been asked?I could go on longer but I am already off topic. The MSM has dropped any pretense of objectivity, they are out to get Obama elected president. If I were Palin I would take my message directly to the American people like Reagan did, screw the press.Bitching about the press yet calling them and asking them to show up and take photo's is akin to the celebrities that get trahed in hollywood hot spots then complain about the paparazzi.
Bingo, I touched on this earlier but any outcry over Palins being coddled is just dishonest, and on some level may she should be. Democrats,MSM and sadly you as well Daniel are just out for blood. I would say it's dis-heartening but it's not all the surprising.
The Media, particularly CNN, are just pissed that they are not being given unlimited access to Palin so they can "get to know her" (aka: Skewer the Bitch). CNN even admitted that during the period from the time that Palin was annnounced as running mate, Biden hasn't done any more Interviews nor granted more Press Appearances than Palin. But they keep running headlines implying that Palin is being hidden. Their last straw was when Sarah Palin met with the world leaders at the UN and were not going to allow any press. How dare they not allow reporters to come and try and make the news?!?So now CNN insists on running crap by Campbell Brown claiming that it is "sexist" to keep Palin from the Press (perhaps the most stupid political commentary I have ever read - and one which CLEARLY indicates a "journalist's" complete lack of credibility) and Biased headlines such as: "McCain wants Palin debate delayed"
I mostly don't watch TV news because it is usually useless. The information on the internet is so much better. I'd prefer to read the open biases from both sides and make up my own mind than have the bias disguised as news.I don't like either of the candidates, so I feel I can be unbiased on this.MSN has the least pretense of objectivity of any news organization anywhere. They may as well change the name to "The Obama For President Network."On a scale of 1 to 100, where 1 is totally biased, and 100 is totally objective, I'd rank the major networks like this:MSN: -1000FOX: 10CBS: 25ABC: 50NBC: 55CNN: 80This seems to be different than the last election cycle, though.
I mostly don't watch TV news because it is usually useless. The information on the internet is so much better. I'd prefer to read the open biases from both sides and make up my own mind than have the bias disguised as news.I don't like either of the candidates, so I feel I can be unbiased on this.MSN has the least pretense of objectivity of any news organization anywhere. They may as well change the name to "The Obama For President Network."On a scale of 1 to 100, where 1 is totally biased, and 100 is totally objective, I'd rank the major networks like this:MSN: -1000FOX: 10CBS: 25ABC: 50NBC: 55CNN: 80This seems to be different than the last election cycle, though.
CNN most unbiased?Ummmm...

What exactly is that McCain and/or Obama can do?As I see it, they don't sit on any of the committees that are dealing with this and these committees are (hopefully) well advanced in their discussions/work.They can't make any 'executive' decisions on the matter and surely with the distractions of campaigning they are probably 2 of the least informed senators on the low level specifics.

No, he didn't. He reached across so they could "make a statement" together. Then, McCain made one. I think it's quite obvious that Obama wants no direct part in this so he can point fingers. Or, he just doesn't feel he is neccesary for the process. There are many times when a president drops everything to focus on one thing. Let's be honest, seriously. This has been talked about and debated for a total of really 3 work days, since it was proposed on Friday. 3 days. Why is it so crazy that McCain wants to be there for something that could have a major impact on a possible presidency? It's not crazy at all, it's just crazy because Obama doesn't want to. If he would have agreed to do more debates like McCain wanted to this wouldn't even be a hiccup.
I don't thinks its crazy at all. What I think is crazy is trying to serve your self up as a maverick and suspending your campaign all the while still campaigning and taking the time to do a press tour to tell everyone "look at me, I'm going to save the day." If McCain would've released a statement and not gone on a press tour before jetting off to Washington I'd have more respect for him. This if he would've agreed to more debates stuff is mind blowing to me along with the McCain campaigns "hey our ads would've been nicer if you would agree to more townhall debates" its as childish and nonsensical as "this isn't a campaign about the issues."

I posted something about Biden in I think the Palin interview thread. It's not that he's not necessarily given any press interviews, it's more that the press wants to avoid being cornered by Biden to take an interview,lol. Perhaps if Palin just went out every day and talked all the time, eventually the press would give up on trying to get something juicy on her. Up to the point that Palin was selected, John McCain was very accessible to the press. They got used to being able to interview him almost daily if they wished. They were included in his entourage and encouraged to talk to him. Now after Palin all of the sudden, the press is shut out. So naturally they think there is something secret and juicy that they're not being made privy to. And there's not a creature alive more determined to learn secrets than a reporter.

I posted something about Biden in I think the Palin interview thread. It's not that he's not necessarily given any press interviews, it's more that the press wants to avoid being cornered by Biden to take an interview,lol. Perhaps if Palin just went out every day and talked all the time, eventually the press would give up on trying to get something juicy on her. Up to the point that Palin was selected, John McCain was very accessible to the press. They got used to being able to interview him almost daily if they wished. They were included in his entourage and encouraged to talk to him. Now after Palin all of the sudden, the press is shut out. So naturally they think there is something secret and juicy that they're not being made privy to. And there's not a creature alive more determined to learn secrets than a reporter.
Sorry, but I just cannot give a free pass to the press because "journalists" who want to cast themselves as the next Woodward and Bernstein by making some juicy news stories are being frustrated in their desires. This certainly doesn't excuse them to now throw objectivity out the window and run Biased headlines and commentary that is just plain silly. CNN even has a team of "journalists" out there that they are calling the "CNN Special Investigations Unit" which is apparently out looking for dirt on Palin and writing biased headlines such as "The bridge failed, but the 'Road to Nowhere' was built" - if you cannot see the Bias in this sort of thing then you simply aren't being honest.
CNN Special Investigations Unit"</b> which is apparently out looking for dirt on Palin and writing biased headlines such as 'The bridge failed, but the 'Road to Nowhere' was built'- if you cannot see the Bias in this sort of thing then you simply aren't being honest.
They also had a story noting that Obama and Biden were key players in getting the bridge to nowhere funded, noting that McCain tried to get rid of it. So based on the Obama/Biden story, which came out the day after the "Road to Nowhere was built" story (IIRC), it looks to me like the Road To Nowhere story was anti-Obama and pro-McCain. Taken on it's own, the RTN story appears to be neutral, an attack on govt waste in general rather than on either party. Any claim that it is anti-Palin looks like guilty conscience to me.

If the trash that Obama went through for months(not weeks) was coddling then I'd never want to be coddled. (and yes much of it was because of the Clintons What trash? Jeremiah Wright? Your right though any scrutiny he did get was because the Clinton campaign was able to shame the media into it. Yes this has been asked even those in the msm who conservatives say are biased have asked. OK, I don't watch the MSM so sometimes I miss things, what did he say. I am sure there were several tough followups. This issue has been discussed at lengths on this board he never lied about his views on the proposed bill its just many of you like to distort his answer. When did he lie about his association with Ayers? This is another issue that's been twisted and turned through out the conservative media.No Irish I didn't distort anything, I have actually read the bills proposed, and his comments. HE ABSOLUTELY LIED. The Ayers story will come out eventually despite Obama using the Chicago political machine to try and intimidate those investigating the story. I really encourage you, if you have the time, to do some deep research on the infanticide thing. He earmarked taxpayer money to go to the hospital his wife worked for after she received a raise. This would have killed most anyone else's bid to become president, certainly any republicans'This is the first I've heard of this if its true it's bad.http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_e...3/14/80393.html One reporter does not speak for them all. That being said I believe CNN was the first to air Wright's sermons in there entirety and not just the juicy soundbytes that completely ignore the context of the sermons.Really, so are you saying that his comments in context are any less offensive, anti american, anti semitic?If his daughters were in there teens and one was pregnant all the while he was running on a platform of core Christian values do you really not think questions would've been asked?So really values should not be discussed at all? After all no one is perfect. The "value platform" was a pawn used so they could go after her family, they have being doing this kind of thing to republicans for years.

They also had a story noting that Obama and Biden were key players in getting the bridge to nowhere funded, noting that McCain tried to get rid of it. So based on the Obama/Biden story, which came out the day after the "Road to Nowhere was built" story (IIRC), it looks to me like the Road To Nowhere story was anti-Obama and pro-McCain. Taken on it's own, the RTN story appears to be neutral, an attack on govt waste in general rather than on either party. Any claim that it is anti-Palin looks like guilty conscience to me.
My "conscience" is pretty clear.When the writers begin their story with: "The "Bridge to Nowhere" may have been shelved. But the "Road to Nowhere" is alive and well" that to me is a blatant attempt to use Sarah Palin's words to ridicule her rather than an attempt to publish unbiased factsIn the BHO/Biden story they stick to facts but still make sure that they mention the Palin "flop-flop"However, in the "Road to Nowhere" story (I believe published AFTER the BHO/Biden Story) they never bother to mention the BHO/Biden link.
Sorry, but I just cannot give a free pass to the press because "journalists" who want to cast themselves as the next Woodward and Bernstein by making some juicy news stories are being frustrated in their desires. This certainly doesn't excuse them to now throw objectivity out the window and run Biased headlines and commentary that is just plain silly. CNN even has a team of "journalists" out there that they are calling the "CNN Special Investigations Unit" which is apparently out looking for dirt on Palin and writing biased headlines such as "The bridge failed, but the 'Road to Nowhere' was built" - if you cannot see the Bias in this sort of thing then you simply aren't being honest.
Do you have any proof of this? Link?
Wow, you are way too generous to CNN. I would say you are being too hard on FOX but at this point in time, I think they are at their worst.(It may be an attempt to balance out the coverage from the other networks) I don't watch much of the others.
Do you have any proof of this? Link?
The "CNN Special Investigations Unit" does indeed exist and is "reporting" from Alaska - see the byline at the top of this story:From Abbie Boudreau and Scott Bronstein CNN Special Investigations Unithttp://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/pal...here/index.htmlAnd - even given my own biased point of view - I stand by my assessment that it is a very biased report.

Dingy Harry Reid called McCain pivotal to the negotiations, because his eventual buy in is needed. (I cant find the quote, it would be interesting to see if he said Obama's buy in is pivotal).If McCain didnt take part in the discussions the Dems would use it as an example of not putting the country first. Obama blew his end of it by not immediately saying that both should take part, and settling for a do nothing statement. At least hes learned the Dems do nothing tactics well.

Dingy Harry Reid called McCain pivotal to the negotiations, because his eventual buy in is needed. (I cant find the quote, it would be interesting to see if he said Obama's buy in is pivotal).If McCain didnt take part in the discussions the Dems would use it as an example of not putting the country first. Obama blew his end of it by not immediately saying that both should take part, and settling for a do nothing statement. At least hes learned the Dems do nothing tactics well.
You're making assumptions on the part of the Dems. The idea, according to sources, came FROM the Obama camp and it looks like the McCain camp liked the idea so much, they co-opted it and went independant to make it look like they were ahead of the game.
What trash? Jeremiah Wright? Your right though any scrutiny he did get was because the Clinton campaign was able to shame the media into it. Jeremy Wright, the constant mistakes in say his name, the millions of inferences that he's connect to muslim terrorists. Yes it was started by Clinton but it has certainly been carried on by McCain.OK, I don't watch the MSM so sometimes I miss things, what did he say. I am sure there were several tough followups.I saw it multiple times on cnn last week and would assume the info is readily available via google. No Irish I didn't distort anything, I have actually read the bills proposed, and his comments. HE ABSOLUTELY LIED. The Ayers story will come out eventually despite Obama using the Chicago political machine to try and intimidate those investigating the story. I really encourage you, if you have the time, to do some deep research on the infanticide thing. I have read the bills to and I am not saying your destorting it what I'm saying is Obama has given the same reason for passing on it since day one. Now you can assume that he's lying with his reasons and that he really wants to kill babies and I'll choose to believe that it's how he views the writings of these proposals as it will effect Roe v Wade. Yes I know that many don't agree with his interpretation but he has been consistent with this since day one. The problem is you can't be an Illinois democrat with out having some sort of a connection to Ayers but this is another situation where things have been misrepresented.He earmarked taxpayer money to go to the hospital his wife worked for after she received a raise. This would have killed most anyone else's bid to become president, certainly any republicans'This is the first I've heard of this if its true it's bad.http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_e...3/14/80393.html That certainly doen't sound anywhere near as questionable as the impression you gave me.One reporter does not speak for them all. That being said I believe CNN was the first to air Wright's sermons in there entirety and not just the juicy soundbytes that completely ignore the context of the sermons.Really, so are you saying that his comments in context are any less offensive, anti american, anti semitic?I am 110% saying many of his comments while put into context are much less ant-america, anti-semitc. I posted a quote a few weeks ago that I'll try to dig up that was one of the anti-american soundbytes. When it is put into context there is a whole portion where he rallies against governments of other nations for there treatment of people. It was an anti government sermon that got twisted into anti american and every single soundbyte was taken like that.If his daughters were in there teens and one was pregnant all the while he was running on a platform of core Christian values do you really not think questions would've been asked?So really values should not be discussed at all? After all no one is perfect. The "value platform" was a pawn used so they could go after her family, they have being doing this kind of thing to republicans for years.Obama was adament that family should be off limits. The media chose otherwise. Media followed Chelsea Clinton around as well as Bush's daughters. This isn't a democrat or republican thing its a media thing.
...and Campbell Brown has proven herself to be so biased it is a joke to leave her in as the anchor of CNN's "Election Center". She needs to be sent to the sidelines with Olbermann.
Except for the fact that during the RNC she absolutely blasted democrats who she felt were being unfair to Palin or using language that Campbell felt to be sexist.
Jeremy Wright, the constant mistakes in say his name, the millions of inferences that he's connect to muslim terrorists...
Excuse me if I am misinterpreting this, but are you trying to imply that his name is not "Jeremiah Wright" and is instead "Jeremy" and that it is being distorted to infer connection to Muslim Terrorists?
You're making assumptions on the part of the Dems. The idea, according to sources, came FROM the Obama camp and it looks like the McCain camp liked the idea so much, they co-opted it and went independant to make it look like they were ahead of the game.
Im not making an assumption about what Dingy Harry said, and the rest of it is typical of Dem tactics. The idea from Obama was for a joint statement. That didnt go far enough. McCain didnt coopt anything. It was his idea to suspend campaigning and participate in the negotiations.
Excuse me if I am misinterpreting this, but are you trying to imply that his name is not "Jeremiah Wright" and is instead "Jeremy" and that it is being distorted to infer connection to Muslim Terrorists?
he was talking about mistakes in Obama's name, calling him Osama. Dan Rather did it, and I am sure he an Obama supporter. Jerimaih Wright does indeed have connections to several muslims which are in fact connected to terrorism. I think this is one reason Obama is mistaken to be a Muslim so often. Though I don't deny that Irish is correct in that I am sure the Clinton campaign, pushed these misperceptions.