Here I Come To Save The Day!

Dingy Harry Reid called McCain pivotal to the negotiations, because his eventual buy in is needed. (I cant find the quote, it would be interesting to see if he said Obama's buy in is pivotal).If McCain didnt take part in the discussions the Dems would use it as an example of not putting the country first. Obama blew his end of it by not immediately saying that both should take part, and settling for a do nothing statement. At least hes learned the Dems do nothing tactics well.
Found this...“With all due respect to my friend John McCain, we’re doing just fine,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid Wednesday.The McCain campaign responded to Reid on Wednesday night by saying the Nevada Democrat had earlier suggested the candidates return to Washington to help hash out the details.“Unfortunately, Senator Reid is putting partisan politics ahead of the business of the American people. But there should be no mistake: 24 hours ago Reid and his Democratic colleagues on the Hill couldn’t have been more desperate for Senator McCain’s help in resolving this crisis. Now they’ve got it,” McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said in a statement."http://elections.foxnews.com/category/top-story/
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was talking about mistakes in Obama's name, calling him Osama. Dan Rather did it, and I am sure he an Obama supporter. Jerimaih Wright does indeed have connections to several muslims which are in fact connected to terrorism. I think this is one reason Obama is mistaken to be a Muslim so often. Though I don't deny that Irish is correct in that I am sure the Clinton campaign, pushed these misperceptions.
So......Barack Hussein Obama's friends, family, Pastor, and Church are all connected with Muslims and/or terrorists - even his Wife has made what many feel are anti American statements - but to associate him with Muslims, Terrorists, and anti Americanism is just a (probably racist) distortion of his name?...and trying to call Jeremiah Wright "Jeremy" isn't an attempt at revisionism?
Except for the fact that during the RNC she absolutely blasted democrats who she felt were being unfair to Palin or using language that Campbell felt to be sexist.
Didn't see that coverage. I can only go by what they have chosen to publish on their website over the past couple of weeks and I find it to be Biased. Her rant about it being "sexist" to keep Palin from the media was beyond stupid.
Im not making an assumption about what Dingy Harry said, and the rest of it is typical of Dem tactics. The idea from Obama was for a joint statement. That didnt go far enough. McCain didnt coopt anything. It was his idea to suspend campaigning and participate in the negotiations.
Then why not simply say: "This approach would be typical of any opposing party", because you really can't say the Reps don't do that as well.

I have read the bills to and I am not saying your destorting it what I'm saying is Obama has given the same reason for passing on it since day one. Now you can assume that he's lying with his reasons and that he really wants to kill babies and I'll choose to believe that it's how he views the writings of these proposals as it will effect Roe v Wade. Yes I know that many don't agree with his interpretation but he has been consistent with this since day one. The problem is you can't be an Illinois democrat with out having some sort of a connection to Ayers but this is another situation where things have been misrepresented.Well no one else interpreted it that way. I don't think he really wants to kill babies, but he is certainly indifferent. Thinking he wants to kill babies would be as reasonable position as to believe the reason he has given. Language was added to the bill specifically to alleviate the possible effects on Roe v. Wade. So now I ask you what is the real reason he opposed the bill. He earmarked taxpayer money to go to the hospital his wife worked for after she received a raise. This would have killed most anyone else's bid to become president, certainly any republicans'This is the first I've heard of this if its true it's bad.http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_e...3/14/80393.html That certainly doen't sound anywhere near as questionable as the impression you gave me.I don't know what you mean by that. If a republican had done this it would be mentioned in every ap press story no matter the subject. Just like Bob Jones university was brought up thousands and thousands of press stories during the Bush Campaign. Really, so are you saying that his comments in context are any less offensive, anti American, anti Semitic?I am 110% saying many of his comments while put into context are much less ant-America, anti-semitic. I posted a quote a few weeks ago that I'll try to dig up that was one of the anti-American sound bytes. When it is put into context there is a whole portion where he rallies against governments of other nations for there treatment of people. It was an anti government sermon that got twisted into anti American and every single sound byte was taken like that.If his daughters were in there teens and one was pregnant all the while he was running on a platform of core Christian values do you really not think questions would've been asked?I have a real problem with this. This guy gave Louis Farrakhan an award. Farrakhan anti semitism is well documented. Jeremiah Wright's( and Obama's for 20 years) Church produced literature in support of terrorist organization Hamas. For a so called Christian minister to engage in this type of support for Islamist extremists is shameful and is probably one reason so many people mistakenly think Obama is a Muslim. Obama was adament that family should be off limits. The media chose otherwise. Media followed Chelsea Clinton around as well as Bush's daughters. This isn't a democrat or republican thing its a media thing.Yes, i wasn't accusing Obama, only the media. --------------------

So......Barack Hussein Obama's friends, family, Pastor, and Church are all connected with Muslims and/or terrorists - even his Wife has made what many feel are anti American statements - but to associate him with Muslims, Terrorists, and anti Americanism is just a (probably racist) distortion of his name?...and trying to call Jeremiah Wright "Jeremy" isn't an attempt at revisionism?
Who are friends and family that are associated with Muslim terrorists? Who are these friends or connections to a Christain pastor and Christain church who are muslim terrorists? His wife made statements that weren't well thought out and some that were again taken out of context. But you are right if he was white and named Greg Smith people would be painting him with the same muslim terrorist brush. I'm actually not going to get into this on here again many of the conservatives on this site have stated that they feel like maybe 10% of the U.S is racist I tend to view it very differently. I'm sure all the B. Hussein Obama jargon and the Obama bin Biden bumper stickers are all done with an air of nobility and not all racist and attempts to invoke fear.I mispelled his name. I'm not perfect
Who are friends and family that are associated with Muslim terrorists? Who are these friends or connections to a Christain pastor and Christain church who are muslim terrorists? His wife made statements that weren't well thought out and some that were again taken out of context. But you are right if he was white and named Greg Smith people would be painting him with the same muslim terrorist brush. I'm actually not going to get into this on here again many of the conservatives on this site have stated that they feel like maybe 10% of the U.S is racist I tend to view it very differently. I'm sure all the B. Hussein Obama jargon and the Obama bin Biden bumper stickers are all done with an air of nobility and not all racist and attempts to invoke fear.I mispelled his name. I'm not perfect
I gurantee you that if there was a White candidate named "Billy-Bob Adolf Mussolini" running for president his name would be part of the debate. The terms "Facist" , "Redneck", and "Nazi" would certainly be brought up. Toss in some ties to the KKK and White Supremacy Literature and a name like "David Duke" would be notorious in no time - you wouldn't even need the "Billy-Bob" stuff....and I can certainly see where "Jeremy" is just an honest mispelling of "Jeremiah"
I don't thinks its crazy at all. What I think is crazy is trying to serve your self up as a maverick and suspending your campaign all the while still campaigning and taking the time to do a press tour to tell everyone "look at me, I'm going to save the day." If McCain would've released a statement and not gone on a press tour before jetting off to Washington I'd have more respect for him. This if he would've agreed to more debates stuff is mind blowing to me along with the McCain campaigns "hey our ads would've been nicer if you would agree to more townhall debates" its as childish and nonsensical as "this isn't a campaign about the issues."
He has never said he wanted to save the day. He just said he thought they should be there. He doesn't agree with parts of it and he wants to be there. He may be President and have to deal with the consequences. This is so simple it's sad that people can't grasp it.
A bunch of stuff--------------------
I read it all and you do make valid points. I really don't want to get into these issues anymore as nobody's opinions change it mostly just goes round and round. I will end on this I don't agree with Obama's view on the abortion proposal either but I see his point. Yes few agree with him but he's held steadfast in his reasoning since day one I prefer to believe that that is more likely out of stubborness then the evil that some try to suggest. Also I don't agree with a lot of what apparently went on with Rev Wright and there church but I don't agree with what goes on within most churches. McCain readily accepted endorsements this year of evangilists who he had rallied against in 2000 the same American evanilists who said that the U.S.A brought on 9/11 by tolerating gays and abortion and yet this fact has received little to know coverage through out the election. Whether you are Muslim, Christain or niether there are extremist morons on each side of the aisle from those that are suicide bombers in the name of Allah to those that bomb abortion clinics in the name of god.
He has never said he wanted to save the day. He just said he thought they should be there. He doesn't agree with parts of it and he wants to be there. He may be President and have to deal with the consequences. This is so simple it's sad that people can't grasp it.
A little hyperbole on my end but certainly the impression that he was going for with the whole "suspending" his campaign but still running his campaign. Why not just say I'm taking a few days off from meeting voters to try to help. The fact that he over dramatized his actions leads to the hyperbole.
Didn't see that coverage. I can only go by what they have chosen to publish on their website over the past couple of weeks and I find it to be Biased. Her rant about it being "sexist" to keep Palin from the media was beyond stupid.
I haven't seen the rant that you're talking about. Some of the shows/panels on cnn I'd agree are biased but I'd say for the most part the stuff I tend to watch seems pretty even and I thought there coverage of the conventions was well balanced.
Get your happy ass back to the beach and enjoy being you.
lol. Only reason I logged in was I had to check the markets this morning. Man, buying BAC in the low 20's sure worked out.And if God has a vacation home I'm pretty sure it's here.Hanalei Bay yesterday...041.jpgDon't know if you can see, but back in those mountains, those are 2000 foot high waterfalls049.jpgNot bragging really, just trying to sell all you clowns to think about coming here sometime. It is the best.It's been awesome taking a break from all this political stuff. It really was stressing me out. I didn't realize how much until I came here. Looking forward to the debates, but I may be on the beach. No TIVO either. oh well.Aloha :club:
A little hyperbole on my end but certainly the impression that he was going for with the whole "suspending" his campaign but still running his campaign. Why not just say I'm taking a few days off from meeting voters to try to help. The fact that he over dramatized his actions leads to the hyperbole.
Suspending his campaign by postponeing the debate. You'fre objection is silly at best, petty at worst.
lol. Only reason I logged in was I had to check the markets this morning. Man, buying BAC in the low 20's sure worked out.And if God has a vacation home I'm pretty sure it's here.Hanalei Bay yesterday...041.jpgDon't know if you can see, but back in those mountains, those are 2000 foot high waterfalls049.jpgNot bragging really, just trying to sell all you clowns to think about coming here sometime. It is the best.It's been awesome taking a break from all this political stuff. It really was stressing me out. I didn't realize how much until I came here. Looking forward to the debates, but I may be on the beach. No TIVO either. oh well.Aloha :ts
Greatest place in the world. As soon as my youngest gets set in college I will be spending a month there. Sadly he is 8 so that is gonna be awhile... :club:
lol. Only reason I logged in was I had to check the markets this morning. Man, buying BAC in the low 20's sure worked out.And if God has a vacation home I'm pretty sure it's here.Hanalei Bay yesterday...041.jpgDon't know if you can see, but back in those mountains, those are 2000 foot high waterfalls049.jpgNot bragging really, just trying to sell all you clowns to think about coming here sometime. It is the best.It's been awesome taking a break from all this political stuff. It really was stressing me out. I didn't realize how much until I came here. Looking forward to the debates, but I may be on the beach. No TIVO either. oh well.Aloha :club:
Scott, my wife and I are planning on going to Hawaii for our anniversary in April. I haven't made any concrete plans yet because frankly I think things are going to start getting cheaper soon. That being said, any advice, suggestions you may have would be much appreciated. Hint: Home game sometime. With other people and money and pizza and stuff.
Greatest place in the world. As soon as my youngest gets set in college I will be spending a month there. Sadly he is 8 so that is gonna be awhile... :club:
Silly silly AKOFF. You won't be able to afford Hawaii when your son is in College. Go Now.
Silly silly AKOFF. You won't be able to afford Hawaii when your son is in College. Go Now.
Or you could just do what my parents have done and make me pay for my own college. I've been working for a year already trying to save up enough money to go. I think I'll be able to go next fall though :club:

McCain still has an open offer to Obama for additional town hall debates. Claiming this was a move to duck tomorrows debate is preposterous. I heard there was an agreement reached though, so I assume the campaigns are back in gear and the debate will go on?

McCain still has an open offer to Obama for additional town hall debates. Claiming this was a move to duck tomorrows debate is preposterous. I heard there was an agreement reached though, so I assume the campaigns are back in gear and the debate will go on?
Yeah, looks like Congress/White House have an agreement and Barbour seemed to indicate that the debate will go on now.