50k Horse On Tonight

One has to wonder, with lower ratings on poker telecasts, did the ESPN production crew on hand encourage this or even ask the TD's and floor people to be a little more lax with the situation?Just thinking out loud..
I doubt it, probably more them being shit scared of a 'scene'Pretty sad to see this, i'm really surprised DN didn't comment on it tbh - what's better for the game, an established pro acting like a total douche, or a 'n00b' handling himself pretty well?
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downloaded this cuz I dont have ESPN or anything that airs it.I liked Scotty so much before I watched this. I lost a lot of respect for him. Especially snapping out at the drink guy and getting mad at Michelle for celebrating to his buddys in the crowd, then Scotty starts acting worse then Michelle ever did.Man I wouldnt care if Michelle bowed to his friends he is 23 and at the final table of the HORSE 50k he is probably so excited and nervous at the same time.Anyways back to Scotty. Why didnt a floor person step in a calm him down like wtf.Also I am liking Lindgren more every day. i like how he was like"I dont give a shit" "Im not in Scotty's camp and never will be." Also leaving Flack hanging after Flack acted like a drunken fool. Classic.

Im thinking that the cocktail servers were instructed to not go over and take an order from him for a while, I mean how can you be at the TV table and not be able to order a drink for so long you have to start dropping F bombs to get one. That was about the point where I started feeling a little uncomfortable with the situation. Would have been a total opposite reaction if he would have won the previous hand.

Here is the other angle that I don't think anyone has addressed. (On this thread anyway) Where are the Tournament Director's or Floor people when all this is happening? These are direct quotes from the official WSOP rules under player conduct: "Additionally, Harrah’s may in its sole and absolute discretion impose penalties of any kind or nature upon any person who, in Harrah’s view engages in inappropriate conduct during tournament play.""Any player who directs any profane and/or abusive language at another player, dealer or tournament staff member or who makes any profane and/or abusive comments about another player, dealer or tournament staff member will be penalized in accordance with Rules No. 31 and/or 51.""Excessive celebration through extended theatrics, inappropriate behavior, or physical actions, gestures, or conduct may be subject to penalty.""Player or staff abuse will not be tolerated. A player may incur a penalty up to and including disqualification for any abuse towards another player or staff member, and player could be asked to leave the property. Repeated etiquette violations such as touching another player’s cards or chips, delay of game and excessive chatter will result in penalties."Every one of these rules were violated last night and on more than one occasion.One has to wonder, with lower ratings on poker telecasts, did the ESPN production crew on hand encourage this or even ask the TD's and floor people to be a little more lax with the situation?Just thinking out loud..
If you're a well known player, Harrah's is probably gonna bend the rules for you a little more. Unless you're Matusow.Just finished watching it. Scotty did not deserve to win that title both as a consequence of his play sucking ass as well as his table manner sucking ass too.
Also I am liking Lindgren more every day. i like how he was like"I dont give a shit" "Im not in Scotty's camp and never will be." Also leaving Flack hanging after Flack acted like a drunken fool. Classic.
ha, that was particularly pleasing - even more so that they brought it up so ppl noticed
how come i haven't heard about how unethical it was for him to be wearing UB patches? only Tiffany Michelle gets grief for that, no Dee Michelle?
Tiffany Michelle's situation was completely different... she was a pokernews sponsored player and she came out with UB gear. So she had an agreement with one company and made another deal with a different company.... or I think thats how it went down.DeMichele had no prior deals with other poker websites so there was nothing wrong with him wearing UB.
Tiffany Michelle's situation was completely different... she was a pokernews sponsored player and she came out with UB gear. So she had an agreement with one company and made another deal with a different company.... or I think thats how it went down.DeMichele had no prior deals with other poker websites so there was nothing wrong with him wearing UB.
ahh. well, my understanding was that only pokernews had issues with the 'dual sponsorship' part, but that most of the general outrage was "how dare she support UB, those cheaters"
ahh. well, my understanding was that only pokernews had issues with the 'dual sponsorship' part, but that most of the general outrage was "how dare she support UB, those cheaters"
no that was never the issue. It was simply because she was bought into the tournament by pokernews, signed a contract with them, then decided... aww screw pokernews... i like UB. and then wore UB shit the rest of hte time.
no that was never the issue. It was simply because she was bought into the tournament by pokernews, signed a contract with them, then decided... aww screw pokernews... i like UB. and then wore UB shit the rest of hte time.
you must not be reading/listening to the same stuff i am. the crossing w/ pokernews has definitely been mentioned, but it's been far less of an issue that "how dumb is she to associate herself with UB"

I thought it was during the main event that all of the UB stuff came out, so it wasn't yet out during this horse table, but it was after it was coming out full blown that Tiffany wore UB gear.

Dickhead Scotty Nguyen moments from the tournament:1) Slowrolling Barry Greenstein early on when he had trip 7s2) Berating DeMichele for his antics, and then doing the exact same thing3) Screaming about cocktails4) Screaming again about cocktails5) Trying to re-raise Lindgren to get DeMichele out of the pot, and then berating Lindgren for betting out on the hand (I thought collusion was illegal?)6) Showing his cards to the crowd in the middle of the hand w/ DeMichele7) Lying over and over about what he had ("I hit a brick"..."I'm rolled up"...etc.) - legal, but douchey8) Telling DeMichele at end of tournament "Let me stack my chips first before I call" All in all, one of the worst displays of showmanship I've ever seen.

you must not be reading/listening to the same stuff i am. the crossing w/ pokernews has definitely been mentioned, but it's been far less of an issue that "how dumb is she to associate herself with UB"
Yeah, you're right about this. I think it's weird he got a pass too.

Hey,Wonder what Gary Loveman CEO of Harrahs is thinking today....How many times have we seen his commercials about how Harrahs cares and how all Harrahs employees are trained to deal with over served customers and all the other BS...

I don't hide the fact that I have a lot of animosity towards women in general, but after she said "that poor kid is so confused" or whatever it was -- like Scotty is just outplaying his twat off or something -- I can really envision myself jamming a toaster up her badger-gnawed battle box and plugging it in. Set it up on FTP and I'll back DeMichelle against him all day long.
Also, holy hell I couldn't have said this better.

Just finished watching this on TIVO, and boy, has my opinion of Scotty ever done a complete 180. He displayed a total lack of respect to the staff, the other players, the game, himself, and of course to Chip Reese's memory. His blantant chip dump to E-Dog, followed up by his attempt at collusion should have gotten him a couple of penalties, at the least. On the flip side of the coin, my opinion of Erick Lindgren just keeps rising (I'm sure I've totally made his day now :club: ). A total class act, you could see how touched he was during Doyle's opening words about Chip, and he tried very very hard to keep his cool as Scotty kept acting like a Grade A D-Bag. Hats off to Erick.More so than DN, I'd really be interested to get E-Dog's perspective on this now, after he's had some time to cool off and reflect on the night (and possibly see it on ESPN).

Scotty is a textbook definition of a functioning alcoholic. The behavior can go on for years because such people are usually extremely successful at high pressure careers, and can be very charming much of the time. In an odd way this could be the best thing for him. Since the airing there have been a at least a couple of reporters writing that this was behavior they'd witnessed from Scotty many times in the past that the cameras didn't catch, or ESPN chose not to show because Scotty was a popular draw. Last night it couldn't be hidden. Hopefully Scotty will be forced to take a long hard look at himself and get some help....and not go wherever Layne went.

Hey,Wonder what Gary Loveman CEO of Harrahs is thinking today....How many times have we seen his commercials about how Harrahs cares and how all Harrahs employees are trained to deal with over served customers and all the other BS...
does not apply at all.

Scotty is a nice guy when he's sober....unfortunately he's always drunk.I'm glad that it seems Norm and Lon are past their stage of blindly worshiping the "known players" and seem to be doing a fair job representing the truth, at least as much as they can. I have to say, I don't know Demichelle too much, I know his friends and have seen him around, I thought he'd be a huge douche but I was surprised by how much class he displayed throughout the broadcast. All I know is that I'd be more likely to punch Scotty than to shake his hand at the end after he's said all that shit, and if I was in that situation it might affect my play dramatically, in a bad way. I've always liked Edog but I gained new respect for him in this, he didn't take any shit and had some classic lines.