*offical Dallas Cowboys Thread *

It's one loss where the breaks didn't go the Cowboys way, re-fucking-lax.
In all fairness to his crazy paranoid post... Wade Philips shouldn't be a head coach in the NFL.
  • Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romo is the worst. Terrible QB.

Conversation that happened at thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.   Me: "This is probably the greatest day of my life. Cowboys beat the Seahwaks, Leafs are winning, and now I'm feasting on delicious Turk

I sill have a sick feeling that the Cowboys are going to finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs because that would be the most Cowboys possible outcome.     If we lose to Indy, we need one of the follow

It's one loss where the breaks didn't go the Cowboys way, re-fucking-lax.
will heed your advice but one loss is major. 9-7 vs. 10-6 determines playoffs teams. This team started 12-1 under philips. The last 22 games are 11-11. I am not just reacting to one game. The points in my previous post have been happening for 1.5 seasons--Jadaki-- I believe we are both tarheel fans-- We know what a good coach does with talent. Even anti-cowboys fans admit there is a ton of talent on this team. This team talent's is not 11-11.

Coaching is overrated. The best coach in the world can't do anything about a QB throwing terrible interceptions. If you took DNA from Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry and Jesus, and made a super being Serpantcoach, he wouldn't win shit with Tony Romo as his quarterback. Romo has a ton of talent, but that's not always what's most important for a QB.

Coaching is overrated. The best coach in the world can't do anything about a QB throwing terrible interceptions. If you took DNA from Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry and Jesus, and made a super being Serpantcoach, he wouldn't win shit with Tony Romo as his quarterback. Romo has a ton of talent, but that's not always what's most important for a QB.
could not agree more-- Romo is responsible for this loss. If I was told pregame that romo would throw three ints, I would have expected a 17 point loss. This is why I have such a problem with the coaching staff. You run for over 250 yards and throw deep with a 24-20 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter. run the damn ball. Then you have a head coach/defensive coordinator, whose nickname for defense is mr. fix it. Through two games ,has provided a defense that has produce zero sacks and zero turnovers. Going back to last season it has been 190 plays since they have produce a turnover or sack. The detriot Lions are laughing at that. Wade has not produced. This why I believe the cowboys would have won that game with a decent coach. The loss was romo's fault but he had zero help from the coaching staff.
Through two games ,has provided a defense that has produce zero sacks and zero turnovers. Going back to last season it has been 190 plays since they have produce a turnover or sack.
When you lead an offense that puts up 30+ points, it's generally not your fault at that point if your team loses.
When you lead an offense that puts up 30+ points, it's generally not your fault at that point if your team loses.
Jadaki-- what do you mean? is that pro romo? three ints led to 21 points, but I think you are echoing how bad the defense has beenstraight from the horses mouth ---via dallas morning news-- last play making a 50 yard field goal into a chip shot--:I could tell while watching the game the defense had no idea what to run** So now I know why the defense was so upset with the sideline on the game-winning drive. Before Steve Smith's 12-yard catch, at least three defenders had their palms up, unsure of what the call was. Wade Phillips said he was trying to call a timeout but the officials wouldn't give it to him. Now, from the TV copy of the game, it's hard to see the sidelines but I didn't see anyone running to the officials calling a timeout.The most disturbing fact is it seems Jerry Jones only kept Wade because he is cash short. When it comes to money jerry is doing things he has never done. Playing hard with ware in contract talks. Talking about drafting younger players in the draft to lower the payroll. Jerry paid for half the 1.2 billion from his own pocket. He would have had to paid wade his salary this year and the entire coaching staff's. Garrett, alone, gets 3 million a year. Then a new coach would command a big salary and bring in his own staff. We get a new palace but the coaching staff should be coaching in a high school stadium.such a joke -- and wade is the punchline
Jadaki-- what do you mean? is that pro romo? three ints led to 21 points, but I think you are echoing how bad the defense has been
Little of both.While two of Romo's picks were really bad throws, one was a completely fluke play that you can't really blame him for. They actually need a stat for receivers who drop balls or tip them so defenders can get to them. How we have defensive talent like Ware on the team that isn't getting pressure on the QB has me confused.
While two of Romo's picks were really bad throws, one was a completely fluke play that you can't really blame him for. They actually need a stat for receivers who drop balls or tip them so defenders can get to them.
It was flukey that it bounced like that, but it was still a bad throw.
It was flukey that it bounced like that, but it was still a bad throw.
yeah, it was a fluke that it got intercepted, but it was an easy pass to Witten that he threw completely behind him. The cowboy's defense really didn't play that bad. But it's basically impossible to win when you have a -4 turn over ratio.

Does anybody else that somehow watches an entire Cowboys game think to themselves the following everytime they cut to Wade Phillips with the "headset" on...."There is no way that thing is turned on"....Our defense is still shaky, I haven't been impressed by Newman in 7 years or whatever it's been....and why is Barbie Carpenter still on the roster???? Sorry for the rant, I meant to come on here and say "We'll take the win"

LOL I was texting with a friend of mine through the game, and he's such a bi-polar cowboys fan. Either their season is over, and everyone must be fired, or they are a legit superbowl contender.. there's no middle ground. And I'm afraid for the 'Boys the middle ground is the truth. They are a borderline playoff team with great strengths and weaknesses. If they stay healthy in key positions, and things come together at the end of the season, they can catch fire and make a run like Arizona did last year. But I just don't think they are likely too. I'll tell you what though, if their defense plays like it did in the second half for most of the year, I could be wrong, and they could be a much better team than I think they are.

I'll tell you what though, if their defense plays like it did in the second half for most of the year, I could be wrong, and they could be a much better team than I think they are.
You mean by actually forcing turnovers and getting sacks?I'm glad we are so deep at RB.

He's officially Phony Romo now. Jesus christ. He just has too many terrible games to be an elite qb. And it's frustrating too, because that 4th and 3rd play was spectacular, but he has too much bad favre, and not enough good favre in him.

He's officially Phony Romo now. Jesus christ. He just has too many terrible games to be an elite qb. And it's frustrating too, because that 4th and 3rd play was spectacular, but he has too much bad favre, and not enough good favre in him.
This is the truest statement I have read all season. I have backed Romo from the beginning and like his ability to make plays, but he has just underperformed way too many times in big end of game situations now for me to have any argument for him. I'm not calling for Kitna yet, but come on!