*offical Dallas Cowboys Thread *

My thoughts are only on the Saints.... and the fact that they are going to make us look like the Raiders.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romo is the worst. Terrible QB.

Conversation that happened at thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.   Me: "This is probably the greatest day of my life. Cowboys beat the Seahwaks, Leafs are winning, and now I'm feasting on delicious Turk

I sill have a sick feeling that the Cowboys are going to finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs because that would be the most Cowboys possible outcome.     If we lose to Indy, we need one of the follow

Bomani Jones on ESPN.com:With Cowboys Stadium in the running for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight in 2010, let's call Jerry Jones "The Landlord." As long as we don't call him collect, Jones is probably OK with that. Since Jones has booked more championship events for his stadium in one year than his team has won playoff games in 13, it's time for a re-evaluation.Owner of the Cowboys? That's side work. Jones is officially the owner of Cowboys Stadium.He wants to be two things: rich and famous. He brags that he would have become a coach had there not been so much money in oil, making it clear what his priorities were, are and will be. If a doctor could reconfigure his face into a five-point star -- and Jones may have looked into this -- he'd put his portrait at midfield of JerryWorld.Why shouldn't he? Jones built a coliseum so decadent that it's simultaneously the best place to watch a football game live and on television. As the Cowboys' glory days get smaller in the rearview mirror, Cowboys Stadium becomes Jones' legacy.It's the Super Bowl. It's the Final Four. If Jones books the Fight of the Millennium, it might as well be Vegas. It's everything Jerry wants to be, in a way the Cowboys could never be as long as Jerry Jones is calling the shots.That's why he's now "The Landlord." It's got a ring to it. When's the last time someone said the same about America's Team?

This weeks game....thoughts?
we really need this win. philly will probably house atlanta without Matt Ryan and Michael Turner out. the giants have lost 5 of 6 while we have won 5 of 6, even if it hasnt been pretty. if we let philly catch us and the giants within a game and getting the tiebreaker, our chances of winning the division or a wild card spot, since the pack owns the tiebreaker over us as well, drop significantly. our schedule the rest of the way is tough with the chargers, saints and philly and going to washington. the only bright spot is if it comes down to the last game against Philly we get them at home, and we already beat them on the road this year.that said, i like our chances this week. if it werent for a couple of fluke plays and a last drive defensive collapse we would have won the first game, and that was the beginning of the season when they were playing much better than they are now. our defense has gotten much better every week and we have many more guys making plays rather than relying on Ratliff/Ware/Newman all the time. They're saying Ahmad Bradshaw will be out and honestly he's the RB im most worried about with the Giants. Jenkins is playing really well lately and Sensabaugh really gives us a solid backfield against their pass, and I think we can really shut down their offense. we ran the ball well on them the first game and id expect us to do it again. winning this game will go a long way toward shutting up all the critics saying the cowboys cant win in december, which even if the players dont want to admit it will probably be good for their psyche as well.
No it won't.
well, no, not for good. for a week or so maybe. were going to get killed in New Orleans in a few weeks and theyll say thats part of a collapse, but everybody's getting killed in New Orleans lately.
Now the Cowboys season officially begins.
This
... and sadly, it's a terribly hard schedule.
it is, but strong playoff teams win these tough games. if we want to be a superbowl contender (or atleast a team capable of going deep in the playoffs) we need to play well, and really we have a decent shot at 4-1 in the last 5. we should win this game against the giants, we've already beaten philly and we get them at home, washington is always a tough game but we have the better team and should win. we get san diego at home and theyre good but it took a last minute drive for them to beat the giants and they let donovan mcnabb throw for 450 yards on them. our secondary has only allowed one QB to go for more than 300 yards (Eli in week 2). We've held Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers to under 200 yards. if we can stifle rivers, their run game shouldnt be enough on its own to beat us.not saying we will, id be satisfied with 3-2 in the last month.
True dat.... Cowboys have won 6 out of the last 7 games but against mostly horrible teams.Now it's the Giants, Saints, AT Washington and Philadelphia. Would LOVE to win 3 of those 4.
Interesting stat:Phillip Rivers is 14-0 in December. The saints are undefeated. The games Dallas has the best shot at winning are division games, which is a good thing I guess.
Did not know that....pretty awesome stat. When Dallas is firing on all cylinders ... they look like a contender but when they seem to be off...they are way off.'False start against the offense' (Adams) has to STOP.Dropped passes by Williams....STOPMissed field goals.....(15 of 21...missed 5 over 40).... STOPBlown coverages by the safety position.....STOPFix those 4 areas and the 'Boys are contenders. As good as the Saints? NoCould they beat the Saints? Yes
Their season isn't over. I still think they have 3 very winnable games, but it is December.
I thought the Giants game was winnable too though.Sand Diego..... yesNew Orleans ... NoAT Washington .... serious concerns about that one but perhapsPhilly ... I hope it comes down to this game deciding the East.
It's just funny that when the passing game clicks finally, the defense falls apart. This team just can't function on all cylinders.
That's because the engine is called Wade Phillips.
They're saying Ahmad Bradshaw will be out and honestly he's the RB im most worried about with the Giants.
boy was i wrong here. although jacobs was only 39 yds on 13 carries, and bradshaw was 47 on 7, jacobs really killed us. im sure we'll hear how Romo cant win, but he played really well in this game. our running game and a couple defensive letdowns killed us.why was marion barber celebrating every 3 yard gain like he just scored? 2nd and 5, he gets 3 yards and he's jumping up and down. but our passing game was killing them, i dont know why we kept tryin to run the ball. i mean balance is important, but they were stacking up to stop the run. so let Romo keep gashing their secondary until they back off, then try pitching to Felix and see if he breaks one. and i had just got done saying how well we had been covering kicks this game when the punt return happened. and Folk misses another 2 field goals that couldve been big as we couldve gone for 2 at the end to tie. not that he shouldve made the 57 yarder, but still. the guy was awesome the past few years. maybe Buehler shouldve tried the longer field goal since he has the stronger leg. and our defense wasnt awful. we held Eli to under 250 yards passing and as a team they only had 100 yards rushing. just the few mistakes we made they scored TDs on. Spencer's blown coverage on Jacobs (how come nobody else could catch up to him?), and newman trying to go for the INT instead of just making the play and keeping the receiver out of the end zone. and what was with Sensabaugh's angle he took there? other than that Newman and Spencer played solid games, but 2 mistakes and 2 TDs. and steve smith kept getting wide open in the middle because we kept falling for some stupid double route or something. can we please get rid of Bobby Carpenter? he once again was in the middle of a couple of big defensive plays where we needed a stop and didnt get one. he was around manning when he shouldve been sacked but instead scrambled out and the middle was wide open for 16 yard first down. he's been standing around watching the other team make plays all year. he's gotten better but better from absolutely horrible isnt saying much. if we could even somehow get like a 4-6th rounder for him it would be a big win for us. KC or STL might want him. hell maybe even Miami, parcells took a bunch of subpar guys from us when he left.

oh and i thought id never ever say this because theyre a bunch of whiny little girls (thats right Ray Lewis, you too - though id never say that to your face)but lets go Ravens!!