*offical Dallas Cowboys Thread *

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romo is the worst. Terrible QB.

Conversation that happened at thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.   Me: "This is probably the greatest day of my life. Cowboys beat the Seahwaks, Leafs are winning, and now I'm feasting on delicious Turk

I sill have a sick feeling that the Cowboys are going to finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs because that would be the most Cowboys possible outcome.     If we lose to Indy, we need one of the follow

how many starting QBs in the league are holders for field goals? he shouldnt have been taking the snap. its not his job. and i guess he didnt lead the offense down the field and get in position to even try the field goal in the first place?and i guess he was the one who dropped 2 touchdown passes that hit him in the hands against the Giants, not Patrick Crayton or Anthony Fasano. people who can only spout out what they hear on espn are hilarious.say i have a romo man crush if you want, but aside from Big Ben how many other QBs come in and win huge games in the playoffs their first couple years? He's not been the problem. Our defense has struggled way more than he has. if they dont allow 2 long touchdowns to the ravens with like 4 mins to play the eagles game last year doesnt even matter. Our D blew the Giants game this year, almost blew the Chiefs game, and gave up a game wining drive to kyle orton. but people dont watch the games, they just repeat what every analyst says and aside from Merril Hoge and Herm Edwards theres not a single analyst who seems to have a clue.

say i have a romo man crush if you want, but aside from Big Ben how many other QBs come in and win huge games in the playoffs their first couple years?
Tom Brady?But I mostly disagree with the notion that some players can't win the big one or whatever.
Eli Manning?I'm not saying he can't.. but I'm saying he hasn't, in college or the NFL.
Though football is funny. A month ago I was convinced romo was a bum ( Mostly out of fantasy football spite) and now I've come around on him again.
well he has 1 or 2 mediocre games (but left the field leading in both games, despite bad numbers) and people, especially ESPN analysts start in with the whole "the cowboys are doomed because Romo's psyche is damaged and he cant throw anymore" and then theyre shocked when he rolls off 3 or 4 great games in a row. he does this all the time, i dont understand why they seem to get so surprised. numbers dont lie and he has the best numbers in Cowboys history (yeah, including Staubach and Aikman) over his first x number of games (i dont know how many it is).
Eli Manning?I'm not saying he can't.. but I'm saying he hasn't, in college or the NFL.
ok if you dont think eli manning has won a super bowl, then just stop talking. really.
ok if you dont think eli manning has won a super bowl, then just stop talking. really.
Yeah... he wasn't saying that, he just wrote his post really badly. He was saying that Eli has also won the big one early in his career, and then the rest of his post was about something else.
Yeah... he wasn't saying that, he just wrote his post really badly. He was saying that Eli has also won the big one early in his career, and then the rest of his post was about something else.
It's actually 'really poorly'. If you have both frontal lobes, it should be pretty clear what I meant.

"how many starting QBs in the league are holders for field goals?he shouldnt have been taking the snap. its not his job. "Danny White was the Cowboys punter...and he was a pretty successful QB and punter.But you are correct.... there has to be somebody else who can do that job.Anywhoooo.... I've never been sold on Romo as much as the media wants to paint him as a "great" QB. He's good....maybe a bit better than good....but great? He aint.I've been a Cowboy fan since the days of Staubach and this years team is not making me feel like they are a super bowl team.They lack consistency... except the ever present "False start...#76 on the offense".I hope we make it to the super bowl.... hell... I hope we win a friggin playoff game.Ya know what really surprises me about the NFC East this year....the Giants. WTF happened there?GO COWBOYS!

i dont really think romo's super star great (or even better than staubach, aikman- he has a much better team to start with than they did) but hes got the numbers. i just think he gets a ton of criticism where its not deserved. it also pisses me off when tony dorsett or aikman goes off about him, but they never try to help or lend advice. you wanna be a real cowboy, support your team, dont just bash the crap out of them. and sure danny white punted, but times have changed a lot. pitchers used to be decent hitters and go 8/9 innings on short rest on a regular basis. now its a big deal if they go 7 on 4 days rest. i think our teams pretty good this year. our D is getting better by the week, special teams have improved by a mile, and our Offense is one of the better ones in the league. we should make the playoffs and win atleast 1 game. weve had a ton of talent for several years but couldnt play as a team, esp. on D. i dont think we'll ever be much better than that with wade phillips are our head coach, tho. he reminds me of the giant marshmallow dude in ghostbusters. really, good head coaches dont look like a 300 pound kid with a birthday cake all to himself when the other team misses a field goal. i really wish we'd promoted sparano. look what he's doing with the little talent the dolphins have.

Including by the officials. How is a play where possession can change not reviewable, that's retarded.
or on the green bay punt return where he fumbled and we recovered. even after review the explanation didn't make sense. yeah his knee went down, but nobody touched him so in the pros he's not down. they said when the punter touched him he was down but by then it was really clear from the replay that 1. his knee was not down anymore and 2. the punter never touched him, only the ball. then yeah, wtf how can you miss felix getting the ball and being on the ground? i could see that from my couch. i never say refs won/lost a team the game because there's lots of plays before and after a bad call (well unless its a horrible call in the end zone w/ no time left) and they didnt yesterday either but they were pretty big calls that they shouldve gotten right. but they might not have mattered anyway, because we played like crap the rest of the game.but the biggest problem was our offensive line. will someone please just put flozell adams out of his misery? my grandma could run circles around him. yeah it didnt help that Colombo went down early (as well as jenkins and hamlin later, and that definately hurt us) but flozell is consistently the worst player on our O line. on the fumble he's the one that missed his assingment. Herm Edwarsd can talk all he wants to about how Romo should've seen the blitz coming, but it should've been picked up and Roy looked like he might break open deep. then ya know, he just has to catch it without it hitting him in the head, and then not fumble it when he breaks away. when romo had time he made mostly really good passes, but he never had much time. and we never got our run game going. how do we let the bumblebees (as my girlfriend calls them) get that many sacks when kampmann's not even playing. yeah they got some good players in the front 7, but were supposed to have one of the best O-lines in the league and they were awful yesterday.
or on the green bay punt return where he fumbled and we recovered. even after review the explanation didn't make sense. yeah his knee went down, but nobody touched him so in the pros he's not down. they said when the punter touched him he was down but by then it was really clear from the replay that 1. his knee was not down anymore and 2. the punter never touched him, only the ball.
Are you completely serious?
Are you completely serious?
yeah, in every replay they showed, thats what happened. come back with some attempt at a witty response or whatever, i dont really care. all you wanna do is be an ass in a thread for a team you dont even seem to like, so i really dont care what you think.btw did anyone see isiah stanback catching passes from tom brady last night? that really says something about our coaching staff. we have the guy for 2 years and cant get a thing from him, and the Pats have him for a week and he's catching balls. nothing big or flashy but still 2 years and nothing, or a week and he's making a couple of plays. strengthens my belief that we're never gonna go further than 2nd round of the playoffs (and we might be lucky to get that far) with Wade Phillips as our coach. he'd be a good Def. coordinator, but as a head coach he's awful. and im not sure Garrett's gonna be the answer either. however, i will take 6-3 and a game up in the division at this point in the season. considering most "experts" had us at like 8-8 and 3rd or last in the division before the year. of course now they've all jumped back on the bandwagon and so the expectations are back and we play like shit our next game. surprise.
yeah, in every replay they showed, thats what happened. come back with some attempt at a witty response or whatever, i dont really care. all you wanna do is be an ass in a thread for a team you dont even seem to like, so i really dont care what you think.btw did anyone see isiah stanback catching passes from tom brady last night? that really says something about our coaching staff. we have the guy for 2 years and cant get a thing from him, and the Pats have him for a week and he's catching balls. nothing big or flashy but still 2 years and nothing, or a week and he's making a couple of plays. strengthens my belief that we're never gonna go further than 2nd round of the playoffs (and we might be lucky to get that far) with Wade Phillips as our coach. he'd be a good Def. coordinator, but as a head coach he's awful. and im not sure Garrett's gonna be the answer either. however, i will take 6-3 and a game up in the division at this point in the season. considering most "experts" had us at like 8-8 and 3rd or last in the division before the year. of course now they've all jumped back on the bandwagon and so the expectations are back and we play like shit our next game. surprise.
LOL. So, your supposition is that the Green Bay returner fell on his own, without being pushed/touched/forced to the ground, landed on one knee, bounced off that knee into the air..and then while in the air, the punter slapped the ball away without touching his person and the ball was jarred loose by the brawny punter and the ball then came out before his other knee hit the ground, at which point he was blatantly groped by the punter. Got it. You're grasping at some pathetic straws. Even the brain dead Dallas fans that I watched it with clearly saw that his knee was down and the Dallas player made contact with him before the ball came out. I mean, you might even talk me into stipulating that Green Bay benefitted from some marginal calls, but it was also pretty clear that Green Bay didn't need those marginal calls and they did not change the outcome of the game. Green Bay outplayed Dallas in every facet of the game. Sorry. But don't let my need to point out the facts get in the way of your story, Mother Goose. Also, I did congratulate you guys on beating the Chiefs..so I'm not a complete troll. P.s. Tony Romo is still marginal at best and the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. Deal.

Sad effort by the 'boys. Officiating isn't why they lost.... they were outplayed and out-coached. Roy Williams shines and then drops passes and fumbles. 3rd and 12...you dump a pass 4 yards.Still in the hunt for the NFC East... got some polishing to do. These new injuries don't help.