*offical Dallas Cowboys Thread *

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romo is the worst. Terrible QB.

Conversation that happened at thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.   Me: "This is probably the greatest day of my life. Cowboys beat the Seahwaks, Leafs are winning, and now I'm feasting on delicious Turk

I sill have a sick feeling that the Cowboys are going to finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs because that would be the most Cowboys possible outcome.     If we lose to Indy, we need one of the follow

Good grief...either the Dallas offense is that awesome or the Browns defense really sucks.
I'll go with option a.
Good grief...either the Dallas offense is that awesome or the Browns defense really sucks.
Combination of both.Is the Barber injury serious? It's hardly a downgrade going with Felix Jones, that guy is amazing.I found this on the interwebz:harry-laughs-at-romo2.gif
Good times in this thread. Emmit < Barry. AINEC.
I have been a Cowboy fan since the Doomsday Defence, but Barry Sanders is the best running back I have ever seen. Period. The man was brilliant. The better comparison would be between Walter Payton and Emmit Smith. Both had good O-lines, both played on good, bad and indifferent teams and the numbers are close, But Barry Sanders was quicksilver on the gridiron. Never saw Jim Brown, never saw Gale Sayers, and those are the only two names who come to mind who may have been better.

Wow, I just caught up on all 8 pages of this thread and it was very entertaining. I am a die-hard Cowboys fan and always have been so some of these positive statements will disgust you Cowboy-haters; however, the parts where I bash our pass D will pleasure you immensely, I'm sure. First of all, the first game against the Browns went ok I thought. The Boys were able to do whatever they wanted on offense, but that's expected for them against many teams. It's the pass defense that we all know needed to improve in the offseason. Unfortunately, I didn't see it. The Browns were passing at will to start the game and if it weren't for some missed deep balls and Browns mistakes, I think we could have been torched for a lot more yards and most likely touchdowns. I know why Newman was out (still babying the groin or whatever) but where was our new 1st round pick or did I just miss him? I did see Scandrick out there holding down the secondary...WHO?????? Man, the East teams looked so good this week though so I can definitely see a real competitive division. I see the predictions for somewhere between 8-12 wins from all the different people on here and I really don't care as long as we get back to the playoffs, because we all know that's where we have to prove ourselves. Barber and Jones looked great. Romo had about 7 minutes to find a receiver each play all through the 1st half, but I have a feeling that will change with the Eagles this Monday night. Just looking forward to more football and more Cowboy hate and love in this thread for the rest of the season.

hey Hollywood! This Philly game is the one that scares me the most! I feel about this game the way you felt about the browns game! I am scared the defense will only be good on paper! I think Philly's offense is the test to find out if our secondary really is improved! I think I will bet on Philly (moneyline) since I always curse the teams I bet on! Fingers crossed!

hey Hollywood! This Philly game is the one that scares me the most! I feel about this game the way you felt about the browns game! I am scared the defense will only be good on paper! I think Philly's offense is the test to find out if our secondary really is improved! I think I will bet on Philly (moneyline) since I always curse the teams I bet on! Fingers crossed!
Just take the OVERS
will do!!! Congrats on the solid weekend -- you killed it on the bets--- I was horrible!!! I will have to get guidance from you next weekend---cheers--
Trust me .... my last weekend was something that rarely happens. Hitting 90% is almost impossible and I have no idea how I got that lucky.We'll give it a go next week again and see how we do. This season has been very profitable for me so far...but it wouldn't surprise me a bit to go 0-fer next week.

okay Hollywood-- I took the over! I really could care less! I would be happy with just a 7-6 dallas win!!! Like I said i am looking forward to see if our defense can play or not. I know we upgraded the secondary but that is on paper. It is only a real upgrade if you do it on the field!!! GO DALLAS!

As surprising as it sounds, I was actually pretty pleased with the Cowboys D.Think about it, the Eagles started nearly every possesion in or either close to Dallas territory. Romo made two costly mistakes that gave the eagles points and great field position. But when it came down to it, the D only gave up 7 points in the second half, and they stepped up when they needed to.

How bout those COWBOYS ! ! ! !I was pretty sure of that OVER bet but I stick to my rules and never bet the Cowboy game. I finished my week 9-0-1 and didn't want to ruin that anyways.Man the 'Boys offense is awesome... defense ...not so much.

Man the 'Boys offense is awesome... defense ...not so much.
The Cowboys defense is unusual. I hate to call it bend/don't break but that's sort of whats going on now. If the secondary would quit committing stupid penalties, and Pacman (fuck you Pacman, I'm not calling you Adam till you quit chomping up pass interference calls) would get used to the scheme then things would be pretty solid. The big playmakers on the line seem to come through during the most important parts of the game.
Who's more overrated as a DB.....Pacman or Roy Williams?
Hard to be Williams, since he is a safety. I'd say Williams is by far the worse pass defender, Pacman can actually get burned on a move and catch up to make a play. His big problem is going from the Titan's man to man scheme to the Dallas zone/cover, the coaches talked about it quite a bit on Hard Knocks. If someone gets by Roy they are scoring. Problem is if you don't get by him he might try and knock you the fuck out.