*offical Dallas Cowboys Thread *

Have you seen the post-season numbers he put up in 2002? NLDS SFG ATL W 5 17 5 5 0 0 3 4 4 1 .294 .409 .824 0 1 0 1 0 NLCS SFG STL W 5 11 5 3 0 1 1 6 10 2 .273 .591 .727 0 0 0 1 0 WS SFG ANA L 7 17 8 8 2 0 4 6 13 3 .471 .700 1.294 0 0 0 0 0 Look at that World Series slash line. .471/.700/1.294. He slugged 1.294. He got on base WELL over half the time. He hit 4HR in the world series. That's just unreal. That alone makes up for some of his stinkier performances. No way it's his fault they couldn't beat God's Team that year.
Yeah I could not remember specifically if that was the year he had his good playoffs, but he did have numerous post season below the Mendoza line IIRC.What do you think of my NBA correlation?
  • Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romo is the worst. Terrible QB.

Conversation that happened at thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.   Me: "This is probably the greatest day of my life. Cowboys beat the Seahwaks, Leafs are winning, and now I'm feasting on delicious Turk

I sill have a sick feeling that the Cowboys are going to finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs because that would be the most Cowboys possible outcome.     If we lose to Indy, we need one of the follow

As an extremely biased Marino fan, I can tell you he doesn't even have many of those anymore.
Well, you know what I meant.. When he DID have the records is what I'm saying.
That's not the point. Unless you're somehow suggesting Marino's incredible career is the REASON his teams never won, then it makes no difference whether Marino won or not. As far as Marino's concerned, he did every single thing in his not inconsiderable power to maximize his teams' chances of winning. He has no control over the players around him. Of course he'd trade his now-broken records for a Superbowl ring (all things being equal), there's no causal connection between "being awesome" and "not winning." In fact, it's the exact opposite. By virtue of being awesome, Marino's teams won more games than they ever would have without him. So stupid. Stupid stupid dumb ignoramus dumb. Dumb.
That's exactly what I'm getting at.. Of course Barry Sanders made the Lions a far better team, I just don't understand why you'd hold a grudge towards Emmit Smith because he got all the recognition. Why would the media focus on a sub-par team? Even if they did have the best running back this game has ever seen, people want winners, and I'm sorry the Barry Sanders-era of the Detroit Lions were not winners like the Cowboys.
Please provide the basis for your statement about him being shut down by good teams. I am not going to go look it up because I didn't decide to make the statement. You did, so back it up, because I am truly curious to see what prompted that statement.
Look as his playoff performances where he is playing the better teams in the league and compare it to what he did in the regular season. Sanders racked up a ton of yards in often meaningless regular season games against some of the poorest defenses in the league at the time in that division. Go ahead and do some research about how good those teams were when Barry was playing, the bears, viking and packers were all shitty in the late 80's and early 90's. That "horrible" Detroit team was in contention a lot to win that division for a team full of shitty players. People over romanticize how bad Detroit was and don't recognize they were playing a dead minimum of 6 games a year against cupcake defenses. NFC East was better than that division then just like it is now.ES worked for Dallas, Barry's style I don't think would have worked as well but that is just speculation. They are different style runners, period. The annoying and stupid part of this conversation every time it is brought up is that people try to downplay how good Smith was by saying he had talent around him. Did he have that much talent in college and high school too where he was carrying his teams? Florida wasn't exactly a powerhouse when he went there.There were plenty of other running backs during Smiths time on the Cowboys that came and went and couldn't put up the numbers he did behind the exact same front line.
Well, you know what I meant.. When he DID have the records is what I'm saying.That's exactly what I'm getting at.. Of course Barry Sanders made the Lions a far better team, I just don't understand why you'd hold a grudge towards Emmit Smith because he got all the recognition. Why would the media focus on a sub-par team? Even if they did have the best running back this game has ever seen, people want winners, and I'm sorry the Barry Sanders-era of the Detroit Lions were not winners like the Cowboys.
I don't see anywhere where anyone holds a grudge against Smith. I said he was great and so did Bear. But the media focusing on a team doesn't make one player on the team better than anyone else. That is what is sounds like you are saying. Barry was a walking highlight reel compared to Emmit back in the day.

I don't think anyone has said Emitt is not good. He was great, he stayed healthy which is huge, he knew angles and how to run down field better than maybe any back in history (possibly Terrell Davis was better at this). I think most are saying that Barry was better. I tend to agree, but I also don't know if Barry's style would have worked on the cowboys.Emmitt also could pour it on when needed, he was not an overly fast back, but he could create separation in the open field, much like Jerry Rice who was a relatively slow receiver.

(shrug) I came in here to pick a fight because I hate the Cowboys (mostly because I'll never get over the attention heaped upon Emmit Smith while Barry Sanders did what he did here in Detroit), but I'm also significantly more prepared for this debate than any of you. And away.
I don't see anywhere where anyone holds a grudge against Smith. I said he was great and so did Bear. But the media focusing on a team doesn't make one player on the team better than anyone else. That is what is sounds like you are saying. Barry was a walking highlight reel compared to Emmit back in the day.
In my opinion, that quote right there sounds like there is animosity from Wang.I'm not saying it makes them better. But of course The QB, WR, and RB will always get the most attention on a great team. They are the play makers.
Look as his playoff performances where he is playing the better teams in the league and compare it to what he did in the regular season. Sanders racked up a ton of yards in often meaningless regular season games against some of the poorest defenses in the league at the time in that division. Go ahead and do some research about how good those teams were when Barry was playing, the bears, viking and packers were all shitty in the late 80's and early 90's. That "horrible" Detroit team was in contention a lot to win that division for a team full of shitty players. People over romanticize how bad Detroit was and don't recognize they were playing a dead minimum of 6 games a year against cupcake defenses. NFC East was better than that division then just like it is now.ES worked for Dallas, Barry's style I don't think would have worked as well but that is just speculation. They are different style runners, period. The annoying and stupid part of this conversation every time it is brought up is that people try to downplay how good Smith was by saying he had talent around him. Did he have that much talent in college and high school too where he was carrying his teams? Florida wasn't exactly a powerhouse when he went there.There were plenty of other running backs during Smiths time on the Cowboys that came and went and couldn't put up the numbers he did behind the exact same front line.
Again, show me with actual numbers. I don't need to waste my time researching it, I didn't make the statement. You did, yet you have still not actually proven what you say is true. I mean right off the top of my head I seem to remember a Barry Sanders running up and down the field against an Emmit Smith Cowboys team...in the playoffs. I fully agree with some of your statements regarding how stupid the argument is but then you turn around and contribute more stupid comments to the already stupid argument. Stop that.
Again, show me with actual numbers. I don't need to waste my time researching it, I didn't make the statement. You did, yet you have still not actually proven what you say is true. I mean right off the top of my head I seem to remember a Barry Sanders running up and down the field against an Emmit Smith Cowboys team...in the playoffs. I fully agree with some of your statements regarding how stupid the argument is but then you turn around and contribute more stupid comments to the already stupid argument. Stop that.
I did the research on it a while ago on another thread, I'm not doing it again. People who believe Barry is better aren't going to change their mind, and I don't necessarily believe one is better than the other they are apples and oranges to me. He made for better highlight reel plays and that's what people remember. Stuff like Sanders holding the NFL record for the most carries for negative yardage are completely forgotten by his fans, or blamed on the line. That same line that let him run for all his other statistical achievements.
I did the research on it a while ago on another thread, I'm not doing it again. People who believe Barry is better aren't going to change their mind, and I don't necessarily believe one is better than the other they are apples and oranges to me. He made for better highlight reel plays and that's what people remember. Stuff like Sanders holding the NFL record for the most carries for negative yardage are completely forgotten by his fans, or blamed on the line. That same line that let him run for all his other statistical achievements.
DO IT! DO IT NOW!I personally do not know who I think it better. I think they have their flaws and their strengths' alike personally. I was a huge bandwagon Cowboys fan in the early 90's so I have no hatred towards Smith, but I also loved watching Barry run every Sunday. Barry was not a 3rd down back. Emmitt was. Barry faced 8 man fronts, Emmitt never faced 8 man fronts because of players like Irvin. If you bring an extra to defend against Emmitt you risk leaving another huge threat open. You could play 8 guys on the run against the Lions because Scott Mitchell or Rodney Peete weren't going to burn you often.But Barry did go to more Pro Bowls and even was the starter of more Pro Bowls. Case closed.
I did the research on it a while ago on another thread, I'm not doing it again.
Good times. I'm not even sure why I looked at this thread in the first place because, you know, fuck the Cowboys. But this is some entertaining shit.
Good times. I'm not even sure why I looked at this thread in the first place because, you know, **** the Cowboys. But this is some entertaining shit.
That's all I'm saying. Well, I'm saying that as well as: "Barry Sanders was a significantly better running back than Emmit Smith." I am not saying Emmit Smith is bad. He is good, and he was amazingly durable, which I tend to think players get too little credit for. But Barry Sanders was fucktardedly awesome. "OMG HE PLAYED AGAINST THE VIKINGS AND PACKERS!!" What the hell are you talking about? That "those yards were all meaningless" argument is the same thing people say about A-Rod and how "unclutch" he is. "OMG HOMERUN FOR A-ROD ALREADY DOWN 8 RUNS WORTHLESS." No. Unfortunately, you are retarded. Show me. Show me that he got a disproportionate number of yards/carry against significantly weaker rush defense, or in the 4th quarter of blowouts. All I can see is that 6.1 ypc popping right off the page.Wang
There is a Dolphins thread you know. :club:
We can only talk about how good Henne looks and how indifferent we are to Chad Pennington for so long.Oh, and I'm not touching the Barry/Emmit topic. I'll take Sanders.
TED GINN JR BABY!
My best friend and I have a theory that Tedd Ginn spends a lot of time at the mall. We have at least 25 hours of conversations that consist only of:"What is more Ted-Ginn-at-the-mall? Wearing a Carmello Syracuse jersey with no undershirt on in public? Or eating 10 Caramello bars a day?"I am TedGinAtTheMall
That's all I'm saying. Well, I'm saying that as well as: "Barry Sanders was a significantly better running back than Emmit Smith." I am not saying Emmit Smith is bad. He is good, and he was amazingly durable, which I tend to think players get too little credit for. But Barry Sanders was fucktardedly awesome. "OMG HE PLAYED AGAINST THE VIKINGS AND PACKERS!!" What the hell are you talking about? That "those yards were all meaningless" argument is the same thing people say about A-Rod and how "unclutch" he is. "OMG HOMERUN FOR A-ROD ALREADY DOWN 8 RUNS WORTHLESS." No. Unfortunately, you are retarded. Show me. Show me that he got a disproportionate number of yards/carry against significantly weaker rush defense, or in the 4th quarter of blowouts. All I can see is that 6.1 ypc popping right off the page.Wang
I've noticed in many of your ramblings/arguing you tend to insult others.I just want you to know that it hurts.
I've noticed in many of your ramblings/arguing you tend to insult others.I just want you to know that it hurts.
Thats what people do when they are outwitted.They make personal attacks to hurt people... idiot.see what I did there?

Emmitt was the better all around back when you take every factor of an NFL RB into consideration.But with a ball in their arms, Emmitt can't touch Barry.

My best friend and I have a theory that Tedd Ginn spends a lot of time at the mall. We have at least 25 hours of conversations that consist only of:"What is more Ted-Ginn-at-the-mall? Wearing a Carmello Syracuse jersey with no undershirt on in public? Or eating 10 Caramello bars a day?"I am TedGinAtTheMall
Wait a tick... your name is Wang?
As long as it hurts the people I intend to hurt, I'm fine with it.
Good times in this thread. Emmit < Barry. AINEC.
Because Emmitt got all the carries and touchdowns, wow you are dumb.
Did you see the "Less than" sign there? Emmit is (less than) Barry. Barry is (greater than) Emmit. I think this was all just a big misunderstanding.