Is There A God?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is too long, can someone just tell me if the question in the title has been definitively answered or not. I know it's been debated for centuries, but I think this forum can finally solve it. So if anyone has the answer, please let me know. I'm getting old and need to know pretty soon.

This thread is too long, can someone just tell me if the question in the title has been definitively answered or not. I know it's been debated for centuries, but I think this forum can finally solve it. So if anyone has the answer, please let me know. I'm getting old and need to know pretty soon.
The answer is "No, there is no god".Carry on getting old.
When debating god with an athiest, follow these steps to ensure victory Step one: When the atheist begins to speak, place index fingers firmly inside ears. Step two: sing "Heaven" by the band Live very loudly, as to avoid hearing unwanted facts and logic. Step three: when the atheist has given up hope, use circular logic and flawed mathematics to justify your belief in god (e.g. "god wrote the bible, and the bible says God exists, QED god exists, i mean, God wouldn't lie would He?). Step four: Stalin, Hitler, Maou etc etc, *smug look of arrogance* Final step: Tell the atheist that you are praying for them, and that one day they will see the truth.
When debating god with an athiest, follow these steps to ensure victory Step one: When the atheist begins to speak, place index fingers firmly inside ears. Step two: sing "Heaven" by the band Live very loudly, as to avoid hearing unwanted facts and logic. Step three: when the atheist has given up hope, use circular logic and flawed mathematics to justify your belief in god (e.g. "god wrote the bible, and the bible says God exists, QED god exists, i mean, God wouldn't lie would He?). Step four: Stalin, Hitler, Maou etc etc, *smug look of arrogance* Final step: Tell the atheist that you are praying for them, and that one day they will see the truth.
That's actually pretty funny.I don't think most of the Christians that post here actually think they are going to convince any atheist here that their beliefs are wrong and that there is a God.I enjoy reading both sides of the debate (term used loosely) It reminds of when pro-choice and pro-life get together. There is NO way either side is going to agree with the opponent.Now, carry on.I'll pray for you all.Bwahahaha... gotcha
Is there a God: YesWhich religion is right: ChristianityDiscuss: It's pretty cool, God forgiving you and stuffShow your work and use examples: I was lost, and now I'm found. I was blind but now I see.Discussed before: Maybe, search function is your friend.Good luck uncovering the secrets of unifying theory, while trying not to destroy the earth.
your welcome
  • 4 weeks later...
to answer the op, no.
Jeez, took you guys long enough.Okay, so the answer is, "no."Do we all agree? If there are no dissenters, I think we've reached a conclusion and I'll put it on Wikipedia as truth. Anyone disagree?

suppose i'll repeat what i've said before in another thread: i don't give a shit, honestly.if there is a god, and he wants me to be a person other than what i think a good person is and should do, he/she/it can smd.if there is a god, and we agree on what it is to be a good person, then sweet, cya in heaven, bitches.if there isn't a god, i'm doing my best to be a good person, and that is all that matters.if god should want me to do otherwise, he/she/it's welcome to come tell me, and if he/she/it's convincing enough (and i don't only buy into logical arguments, fwiw), i'll go for it--i'm not THAT stubborn.

suppose i'll repeat what i've said before in another thread: i don't give a shit, honestly.if there is a god, and he wants me to be a person other than what i think a good person is and should do, he/she/it can smd.if there is a god, and we agree on what it is to be a good person, then sweet, cya in heaven, bitches.if there isn't a god, i'm doing my best to be a good person, and that is all that matters.if god should want me to do otherwise, he/she/it's welcome to come tell me, and if he/she/it's convincing enough (and i don't only buy into logical arguments, fwiw), i'll go for it--i'm not THAT stubborn.
I agree with this completely. Well, maybe not completely. I'm not trying particularly hard to be a good person. But other than that, I agree. If god wants me, he/she/it knows where to find me.
And if so, which religion is right? Discuss. Show your work and use examples.If this has been discussed before, feel free to lock it up.
There is a God We can not hope to fully understand This lack of understanding results in many interpretations that are then manipulated for earthly reasons.