Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok steve, I admit the tosh quote was well-timed and deserved. I take back my classy comments.
that was my only intention was to give back what they gave to the St louis fans, it's all in good fun.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was my only intention was to give back what they gave to the St louis fans, it's all in good fun.
haha you just where waiting for that lol wpsigh disappointing effort the bounces just didn't happen luongo didn't make the saves when neededthe last 3 games of that series oh well always next yeargl Chicago exciting team would love to see them in final

To be honest, I wasn't too confident since Game 1 when they blew that 3 goal lead. This team can't keep up with the Blackhawks speed and skill. They also got some bad bounces against them. Game 4 was the real killer, if they hold that lead and win they force the Hawks to win 3 straight which is obviously a difficult task.So this off-season, I think Gillis needs to acquire players who have better puck skills and speed. Ohlund and Pyatt are very likely gone.They re-signed Bernier to a 2-year contract today, not sure of the figures yet. Decent signing if it's for around $1-1.5 million per.

To be honest, I wasn't too confident since Game 1 when they blew that 3 goal lead. This team can't keep up with the Blackhawks speed and skill. They also got some bad bounces against them. Game 4 was the real killer, if they hold that lead and win they force the Hawks to win 3 straight which is obviously a difficult task.So this off-season, I think Gillis needs to acquire players who have better puck skills and speed. Ohlund and Pyatt are very likely gone.They re-signed Bernier to a 2-year contract today, not sure of the figures yet. Decent signing if it's for around $1-1.5 million per.
I really dont think this team will be much diffrent next year. I think the Sedins will be back with a hometown discount at around 5.5-6 a peice if for no other reason no to many teams are gonna be willing or able to take the package at 12-14 mill. Sundin and Ohlund will be gone. I dont see them resigning Wellwood(I really liked his play down the stretch and in the playoffs) opening a 3rd line centre job for Hodgson to take. So really what will be added is a top 4 D-man and a top 6 winger and the rest will just be usual depth moves. Of course if Loungo has no intrest in extending it could really change things. With the raises coming probally to the twins and Edlers new contract kicking in they really wont in the market for any really high end players even with around 12 mill coming off with Sundin and Ohlund.
I just found that the contract is $2 million per season, still decent.
Wow he got as much as Burrows even though he was already overpaid last season. I dont get this deal when they have all summer to grind a 15 goal guy.
Wow he got as much as Burrows even though he was already overpaid last season. I dont get this deal when they have all summer to grind a 15 goal guy.
I liked the way Bernier played down the stretch, even though he couldn't finish. I still believe there is 30 goals in him.

Bernier is still pretty young and has room for improvement. If he can get a step or two quicker and improve his finish around the net, he can become a 25-goal scorer IMO.He was only overpaid last season because of that offer sheet from the Blues.I'd like to see Wellwood back for about the same contract at Bernier. His hands and puck skills are too valuable to a team that doesn't have a ton of it.

I liked the way Bernier played down the stretch, even though he couldn't finish. I still believe there is 30 goals in him.
Dont get me wrong I am glad he will be back, but signing him to Burrows money before the summer even starts is excessive for his resume. Grinding 200k-400k a player might sound insignifigant but if you do it with a few players it leaves room for luxuries in the cap era.
Dont get me wrong I am glad he will be back, but signing him to Burrows money before the summer even starts is excessive for his resume. Grinding 200k-400k a player might sound insignifigant but if you do it with a few players it leaves room for luxuries in the cap era.
Burrows shouldn't even have gotten "Burrows money".
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=279374cliffnotes: The Neidermayer brothers are hinting strongly that they want to sign with the Canucks. Scotty is exactly the kind of D-man we are missing on the back end and probally exactly what we are missing from a winning leader. I would be for it if the Sedins are resigned and the deal with the Neidermayers is for 1 year. Probally would take them moving Bieksa, Salo or Mitchel and getting nothing back salary wise but Scotty is a guy that the Canucks have never had at the back end.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=279374cliffnotes: The Neidermayer brothers are hinting strongly that they want to sign with the Canucks. Scotty is exactly the kind of D-man we are missing on the back end and probally exactly what we are missing from a winning leader. I would be for it if the Sedins are resigned and the deal with the Neidermayers is for 1 year. Probally would take them moving Bieksa, Salo or Mitchel and getting nothing back salary wise but Scotty is a guy that the Canucks have never had at the back end.
hmmmm....sedins+neidermayers+luongo...who else is going to fit under the cap?

You're looking at probably $21M to sign the Neidermeyer and the Sedins, I think. 7M for Scott, 2M for Rob, 6M each for the Sedins. That puts you guys at 58 million next year, with only 10 forwards, and 5 defensemen signed. You'd need to offload a bunch of salary.

Yeah, I just based the salaries on last year's contracts. Rob is still a very good 3rd or 4th liner though, but $2M is probably too much anyways, $1.0 to 1.5 is more reasonable. I can't see Scott taking that big of a discount, to be honest, but maybe he would to stay with his brother.I thought $6M for the Sedins was a low estimate, so I figured it balanced it out.

Yeah, I just based the salaries on last year's contracts. Rob is still a very good 3rd or 4th liner though, but $2M is probably too much anyways, $1.0 to 1.5 is more reasonable. I can't see Scott taking that big of a discount, to be honest, but maybe he would to stay with his brother.I thought $6M for the Sedins was a low estimate, so I figured it balanced it out.
Scott really wanted to be a Canuck 4 years ago. The Canucks chose Naslund and he signed with Anaheim shortly after. His agent at the time was on Vancouver sports radio pretty much daily very strongly hinting he wanted to be there. I think if the Sedins had 4 years at 6 mill put on the table right now by the nucks they would take it. It was rumored they they were at 6.5 and the Canucks were at 5.5 when they were last talking. There really isnt a big market out there for a 12-14 million dollar package deal.