U.s Open At Torrey Pines

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tiger with his 3rd double at the 1st this week to start the 4th round. amazing stuff, meanwhile rocco misses out on a whole in one by millimeters.--edit--tiger hits a bad drive on his second and looks like he is suffering pretty badly with the knee. gonna be a great final round.

Honestly...i dont think rocco has a chance tmw head to head with tiger.
Usually, I'd be in total agreement with you on this statement, but with Tiger's knee injury it's obvious he's not playing at 100%. Obv., his 70% (or whatever he's at) is better than everybody else's best, but you never know with that kind of injury on a 5th straight day of 18 holes. I still put Tiger as the clear favorite, but at a 75-25 clip rather than the 98-2 I'd set if he was healthy.
Usually, I'd be in total agreement with you on this statement, but with Tiger's knee injury it's obvious he's not playing at 100%. Obv., his 70% (or whatever he's at) is better than everybody else's best, but you never know with that kind of injury on a 5th straight day of 18 holes. I still put Tiger as the clear favorite, but at a 75-25 clip rather than the 98-2 I'd set if he was healthy.
I also don't think that Rocco will be all that intimidated by playing Tiger. He has been through soooooo much in his career (injuries etc) that he just goes out and plays. That being said Tiger doesn't lose heads up and I fully expect him to win tomorrow by a few strokes.

I'm a big Rocco fan as his was born and raised just outside of Pittsburgh, but I'd give him a snowball's chance in hell tomorrow. Who knows though, Tiger's knee really is the x-factor.

One more thought: I think that if it was just a one-hole playoff immediately following the final round today, that would be Rocco's best chance (still a slight dog), but since he could always catch Tiger having a bad hole, but beings how its a full 18 tomoroow....GG and very WP, Rocco, imo.

A fifth straight round of grueling golf on a bad knee? You have to at least give Rocco a 1 in 4 chance. Maybe 1 in 3.I dont see him just folding. Especially if Tiger starts off with another double.

I'm a big Rocco fan as his was born and raised just outside of Pittsburgh, but I'd give him a snowball's chance in hell tomorrow.
See, I told ya. :club:

That was a performance worthy of a US Open. I have mad respect for Rocco now after going toe to toe with Tiger pretty much for the last 54 holes, and pushing Tiger to use everything he had to get the job done. It's a shame that it may have been his last chance to win a major. You don't get too many opportunities at age 45.Interesting stat they said during the telecast was that Tiger has won 41 times since Rocco won his last title? We are so fortunate to be able to watch Tiger play.

That was a performance worthy of a US Open. I have mad respect for Rocco now after going toe to toe with Tiger pretty much for the last 54 holes, and pushing Tiger to use everything he had to get the job done. It's a shame that it may have been his last chance to win a major. You don't get too many opportunities at age 45.Interesting stat they said during the telecast was that Tiger has won 41 times since Rocco won his last title? We are so fortunate to be able to watch Tiger play.
I do give respect to Rocco....but he got a wounded Tiger (ha....I made a funny).Tiger just won the US Open on one leg. Read that again. It is so sick.Long term that has to be demoralizing....unless Tiger's knee is never going to be the same. I really really hope Tiger did not do any long term damage by toughing it out this week.
I do give respect to Rocco....but he got a wounded Tiger (ha....I made a funny).Tiger just won the US Open on one leg. Read that again. It is so sick.Long term that has to be demoralizing....unless Tiger's knee is never going to be the same. I really really hope Tiger did not do any long term damage by toughing it out this week.
My thoughts exactly. If it were me, I would have waited to play again ... but then again I am NOT Tiger and he knew that he had a good chance to win a Major at Torrey. I have no chance to play a major and no chance to hurt my leg ... cause I don't get enought torque on my follow thru!
I'd be as surprised as I can be about the result of a golf tournament if Tiger doesn't win, knee injury or not.
Ha, was I really the only person in this thread who picked Tiger from the start? I think my willingness to go out on a limb should be applauded, if not admired. ;)I had complete faith in my fellow Dodgers fan. As bad as they are playing and with the Lakers on the verge of elimination (who he referred to as 'we' the other day lol), he needed the emotional boost I'm sure.

How sick do you think vegas was about this result? woods is coming off an injury, he hasn't played in weeks, he's rusty and in visable pain, Vegas offers terrible odds on him ( terrible for the better, I mean, terrible value), he's in visible pain, he has to shoot an extra 19 on a bad knee, and he still wins. Every sucker better has a "toldyaso" smirk as they cash in their tiger slips, while the odds maker at the Ceasar's sports book is looking for a rusty knife to take the easy way out with. Thank god for the slots....