Cant Stop Laughing About Daniel...

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now back to pool.Giving 5 games on the rail in 8 ball is FAR less than giving 5 games in 9 ball. Also, depending on the player, the bar table may actually help him in that their will be more trouble balls. There is zero chance someone can win 2 games vs my 7 in eight ball if they suck. Zero. BTW, I'm thinking of APA or BCA rules here. If we're talking some BS bar rules where there's no table scratch and the cue ball goes to the kitchen on a scratch, then that would change things a little. I was gonna say more but a customer just walked in.

Now back to pool.Giving 5 games on the rail in 8 ball is FAR less than giving 5 games in 9 ball. Also, depending on the player, the bar table may actually help him in that their will be more trouble balls. There is zero chance someone can win 2 games vs my 7 in eight ball if they suck. Zero. BTW, I'm thinking of APA or BCA rules here. If we're talking some BS bar rules where there's no table scratch and the cue ball goes to the kitchen on a scratch, then that would change things a little. I was gonna say more but a customer just walked in.
Who sucks? I believe RG is decent even though she says she sucks all the time. That's just because her hubby and the others on her team are probably better players. And I would not play bar rules in a serious match. It has to be BCA or something.I prefer to play on a larger table. But if you are used to a bar table it is a huge disadvantage to move a large table. The other is not true. If you are used to a full sized table when you go back to a bar table it is so much easier. The shorter distance and the larger pockets.I get to rejoin my league back in Chicago after 9 years away. Soooooooooooooo excited.
i miss playing pool. and LOL @ the ball going to the kitchen. i used to hate when people would try and pull stupid bar rules - just made me want to crush them more
i miss playing pool. and LOL @ the ball going to the kitchen. i used to hate when people would try and pull stupid bar rules - just made me want to crush them more
Well yeah... but when you are in a bar... and most of those people don't understand any form of ball in hand rules, you really have no choice. I usually offer BCA first then when they say, "What???", I know we are playing bar rules.
Who sucks? I believe RG is decent even though she says she sucks all the time. That's just because her hubby and the others on her team are probably better players. And I would not play bar rules in a serious match. It has to be BCA or something.I prefer to play on a larger table. But if you are used to a bar table it is a huge disadvantage to move a large table. The other is not true. If you are used to a full sized table when you go back to a bar table it is so much easier. The shorter distance and the larger pockets.I get to rejoin my league back in Chicago after 9 years away. Soooooooooooooo excited.
Oh geez ya, I didn't mean RG sucks. Not at all. I'm saying that giving 5 games isn't as strong a weight as one might think.When I was playing my best pool many years ago, and I was fairly decent, I played Gabe Owens some 8 ball. He gave me 4 games in a race to 5. It was as close as we could get to me thinking we'd have an even match. Let's just say it wasn't even. They were 9ft tables and I wouldn't have attempted this on bar tables since I wouldn't have had a shot.
Oh geez ya, I didn't mean RG sucks. Not at all. I'm saying that giving 5 games isn't as strong a weight as one might think.
Ha yeah, as soon as I posted I know I worded it wrong. She just said she sucked in her own post I think.And yes, I agree with you.
its really funny to me that people are in here asking others to keep their opinions out. like really funny. to me. yeah.
well this isn't your run of the mill $5 bet with a buddynot sure how you are having trouble grasping that

I actually do have money on this (side bet) yet I'm staying out...oops.I mean I'm not introducing any opinions or saying anything that would insult someone or affect the outcome.Let's just all hope that this goes through, it will be fun to watch.

well this isn't your run of the mill $5 bet with a buddynot sure how you are having trouble grasping that
Exactly so if his mind is made up ... then he is going to do it, REGARDLESS of what others might say.Not sure how all of you are having trouble grasping that.
Exactly so if his mind is made up ... then he is going to do it, REGARDLESS of what others might say.Not sure how all of you are having trouble grasping that.
are you serious right now? please dont tell me you actually believe everything you just wrote.
are you serious right now? please dont tell me you actually believe everything you just wrote.
Looshle, I am not trying to be a dick. And I think you're great.But do you really think that he is going to ship the 25k when 13 hours ago said he was sending it right then (that was in the middle of the day in Germany. It is now 1:35AM)? He also said he had 109k in his stars account which should make doing this pretty simple. And if Stars had a problem with the amount of the request, wouldn't he post here or PM someone to work that out?And when can we carry on the attack of this account which is a favorite pastime around here?(btw... I would have taken $1k of this if I had thought it was serious. Would have preferred if it was moving faster before the rebuy event, but meh)
Yes. Are you saying that a high roller would actually back out of a bet because a few microstakes rollers told him it was a bad bet?You've got to be kidding. This is actually the last I will say on this subject because I don't want to get into a pissing match with you and I sincerely hope this bet goes forward, but I will definitley argue the finer points of this later if you would like to.
There is no possible way that anything I say can at this point have any chance of impacting the outcome. When it did have a chance, however unrealistic and slight, I showed you courtesy.Now that the dust is in the process of settling I'm just pointing out that there is a high probability that you all fell for an internet hoax, though not a very good or funny one.If you have any good reason I shouldn't comment I'd be glad to hear it, but the day I stop posting on a forum because someone tells me to "STFU" is the day I give up on the internet.
As I said earlier. Its now been quite some time since the money ship deadline passed, regardless of what is said now if the money hasn't been shipped by now the bet is void.So either give some decent reason why we should not comment or get off your high horses and realize that you almost certainly got hoaxed.
10) Money must be placed in escrow with JC Alvarado no later than 12:00PM (noon) PST on June 5, 2008. Should either party fail to do so, the bet is void.
And just so you guys know... I don't do well with anyone telling me to shut the *** up. Not sure what gives you the right unless I was attacking you.Except Tehtoe, Fargo, Highway, Outsider and Ko8e. They do it daily. <3EDIT: (Elo's never told me to STFU, but I would be okay with it if he did too)EDIT2: Phoenix could tell me to STFU cuz well, I would be rolling on the floor laughing. Just doesn't fit his personality.
Any of the organizers ever ask him to sit down at a table with $25K?
Judging by his FAKE hand history in his profile... I would say that this would only be possible at a play money table.And I have yet to see a player with 100+k in their online poker account ask for advice on a general strategy going into a $25 tournament.
You're right its not, I would have more respect for a $5 bet than I do for this farce. Let me tell you what this is:This is a poster with under 50 posts on the forum who claims to have a $109k BR. The evidence from Sharkscope, as well as the subject matter of his previous posts, indicates that this is very likely a lie. It is a poster that made a highly inflammatory topic and then became increasingly conciliatory as people took him seriously. He is offering to bet a large amount of money (money that we have several reasons to believe that he doesn't have) against something that is very clearly a sure thing. The deadline for him to put up the money has now passed, and we have no reason to believe that he did. At this point whether he did or not and whether the bet can occur CANNOT be affected by people pointing out how this is probably a joke. So seriously, stop acting like we are somehow jeopardizing your sure thing bet by pointing out how likely it is you've been hoaxed. If you want to tell us to shut up, at least provide an articulate reason why we shouldn't, because at this point there isn't one. Don't just tell us to STFU, I'm not going to sit here and take that from someone who fell for such an obvious prank. Seriously, either give a real reason why people should shut up (at the beginning of this thread, before the deadline passed, there was one and people shut up) or shut up yourselves.EDIT: typo
Seriously, either give a real reason why people should shut up (at the beginning of this thread, before the deadline passed, there was one and people shut up) or shut up yourselves.
What are you...like 9?