Cant Stop Laughing About Daniel...

Anyone wanna cliffnotes this drama (for your mama)?Letting it die would probably be sufficient, too.GL on your bets, although I think OP will need the luck in this one.
OMG it makes me cry to see your signature... sigh...So wait, I argued both sides. Can someone tell me if I am grouped in with the douchebags or not? I'm not sure.I'm sure I overreacted to the STFU comment. Thanks Cubs...Anyway, unlike other people in this thread, I do respect people enough that I meet in an internet forum to be quiet when asked. I just thought the thing was over.Soooooo, everyone have a lovely day. Tomorrow is Friday. I love FCP.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG it makes me cry to see your signature... sigh...So wait, I argued both sides. Can someone tell me if I am grouped in with the douchebags or not? I'm not sure.I'm sure I overreacted to the STFU comment. Thanks Cubs...Anyway, unlike other people in this thread, I do respect people enough that I meet in an internet forum to be quiet when asked. I just thought the thing was over.Soooooo, everyone have a lovely day. Tomorrow is Friday. I love FCP.
You aren't, because you can express yourself without coming off as a dick. <3
Anyone wanna take Boston on the series? I'll lay 2-1.
Yeah if I'm not too late. Pretty sure I'm losing $100 on this mess, so I'd like a chance to win it back. my $50 to your $100?
Yeah if I'm not too late. Pretty sure I'm losing $100 on this mess, so I'd like a chance to win it back. my $50 to your $100?
betI have Lakers for 100You have Celtics for 50 The bet is for the series.
This thread shows how young the average age on this site must be. The fact that it is a community you would think that there would be some level of respect for others at the slightest chance of a very good bet going through. There is a ton of room on the forum for doubters and whoever else to mingle f-ck start a thread saying I don't believe him fine. I guess the whole "but its the internetz I must express myself" is far to strong of a desire for most.
I agree a lot with this post. I just felt like as a community we were coming together and making this bet, I and others asked politely to just chill on the comments, I mean its not like 100% of the people reading this thread and that have involved from the beginning did'nt know everything people were commenting on, we just figured everyone was intelligent enough to just keep it to themselves. But the drive to point out the obvious I guess was to strong for some.I should not have said stfu and it was'nt directed towards anyone but I was really frustrated because I wanted FCP to for once show that we can do things and not have every random douche with a keyboard come in 14 pages late and tell everyone what they already know. I used to be somewhat confrontational and I remember making a "I told you so" post when the whole netteller scandal went down, and I really regret doing it because A) it does'nt help anything B) you come off like a captain obvious douchebag. Just my 2 cents
This type of the thing happens all the time on 2+2.Just way too many RhinestoneCowboys on this site I guess.I think it's ridiculous you bring BR into this. It is irrelevant. A bet was trying to be made, people in the bet asked for others to not comment about it , this was a problem for the douchebags of the site.
You brought the amount of the bet into the conversation, maybe BR was the wrong term. And there is only one RhinestoneCowboy on this site.
(and not a big fan of RhinestoneCowboy either, but w/e)
Oh noes!!!
This thread is getting blown way out of proportion.Poker Addict, I think RDog is the one that said to Shut the F up, and I don't think he said it maliciously at all. If someone else did it more maliciously then I guess I'd have to see that to comment.RhinestoneCowboy, I don't think that bankroll has anything to do with any of it. Just because a couple of higher limit players asked for something they had a vested interest in doesn't mean they expected it any more than a micro stakes player would have if something similar went down in a similar thread.The difference is that the higher stakes player probably wouldn't take a vested interest in a micro-stakes bet, while it is to be expected that a ton of lower stakes players are going to take interest in a such a potentially large bet.At that point, people can do what they want. I respect Rdog and Looshle, so I shut up (which is quite rare). That respect has nothing to do with their bankrolls. Obviously there will be some immature comments by people, and I don't think that necessarily means they respect those posters any less. They just look at things different than I do...simply a personality issue. I don't think them being frustrated at some random newbs posting in here and making comments about it means they are waving some type of a "BR penis" about it, i just think it annoyed them so they said so.
Good post, but I don't think the amount of the bet should change if people talk about it. In my mind a $10 bet with a 50/50 chance of being real is just as "sacred" as a $25,000 bet with a 1/5000 chance of happening. Same EV, isn't that the poker term?
Anyone wanna take Boston on the series? I'll lay 2-1.
Mark me down for 25k, unless anyone mentions that the Celtics don't have a shot.
betI have Lakers for 100You have Celtics for 50 The bet is for the series.
confirmed. GL, I man bad luck. I'm in LA and hate the lakers and all their bandwagon fans with the stupid flags. Go Clippers!
I'm willing to bet that this bet never happens. Even money. Maximum $100. First person to respond has action, I will ship money first to a trusted FCP member.
It would be epic if Crystal was the OP.
Mark me down for 25k, unless anyone mentions that the Celtics don't have a shot.
STFU you dipshit TROLL. I'm trying to get action here!Oh wait, nevermind. GL Sloshr. :club:

so I read the whole thing before commenting, not that it matters but -this was one of the most interesting threads up until the deadline...I really wanted to see this come off because it was a great story - some unknown comes into OUR house (yeah, I know, I'm not really one of you "in" guys) and throws down a huge bet that seems togoodtobetruethen, well respected and banked FCP'rs get involved to legitimize the deal and I was in for the ride....sorry it didn't work out, but if it was a level, well, good job....if it was a douchebagtrollament, well, good job as well....J

I said STFU and stand by it. Seriously, you guys act like Me, Hoos, Loosh, etc were 100% sure the bet was going through and everyone comes on to:1. Try to show how frickkkking smart you are by saying it wasn't going to go through. Oh really? Wow, it never occurred to us that the guy might be full of shit.and2. Say that our side of the bet was +EV or in better terms, that the OP was -EV.I mean really, what is the point other than to boost your ego? Out of respect for those of us that had a 1% chance of this bet going through, I would think you could put down your E-Penis for a day or 2. I guess thats too much to ask. And everyone wonders why so many good players move on from this site. Too many fricking people that think they have to have their say in every single thread. LOL, sorry Chris, I know you tried to deflect some criticism from me but reading all the retarded posts vaguely referencing my other post and everyone trying to take on Loosh has me pretty tilted and I don't feel much like taking the high road.

Man-ee-faces. All fart and no shit.Presumably no money was ever actually transfered? As in; Hoos was only going to ship his money once the OP's transfer was confirmed? If that's the case then all the OP actually managed to do was waste a few peoples time writing some PM. Considering those people are regular posters on an internet forum then he hasn't really achieved anything. Worst wind up ever.

I don't understand why everyone HAS to post in this thread. What could one possibly have to say that is so important? They wanna stand up for DN? Even if this bet only had a 0.5% chance of happening, on a $25k bet, is your post really worth the $125 you could risk the people who tried to set up this bet loseing? Not to mention, haveing the bet go through would set up a whole month of fun discussion for FCP.

I haven't even given my angry opinion yet....wtf
I already know what it is, and I'll go on record and say I completely agree with it. So go ahead and rant imo.
I don't understand why everyone HAS to post in this forum. What could one possibly have to say that is so important?
FYP.In the grand scheme of things...