Cheese and rice, I hate this argument that defends every piece of crap movie and TV show. You may have such wretchedly low standards that you'll consume any form of entertainment uncritically, but for anyone with half a brain finds plot holes, terrible dialog, and sheer stupidity to be the exact opposite of entertaining.
Its the showstopper argument, as should be referred to as such, hence forth.
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poor writing bothers me, but I love the whole super power genre so damn much... I've found these episodes to be much more enjoyable whilst very stoned. I'm looking forward to tonight's hole-ridden episode and a bag of BBQ chips.

The poor writing bothers me, but I love the whole super power genre so damn much... I've found these episodes to be much more enjoyable whilst very stoned. I'm looking forward to tonight's hole-ridden episode and a bag of BBQ chips.
I can accept this arguement, and really it's what's kept me interested in the show, was my desire for it to be good, since I love the concept. I really wish I still burned tree, it would really help in the enjoyment of the show, I think.
Yea...its best if you dont think too much while watching it

I thought this was a pretty good ep. It def. filled some plot holes, and gave me that awesome cliff hanger feeling that season 1 did.

Cheese and rice, I hate this argument that defends every piece of crap movie and TV show. You may have such wretchedly low standards that you'll consume any form of entertainment uncritically, but for anyone with half a brain finds plot holes, terrible dialog, and sheer stupidity to be the exact opposite of entertaining.
I admit that I have low standards but that is what I sacrifice to enjoy what ever life has to offer.

Wow I really thought people would have commented on the past episode. For me I have definetly enjoyed it much more than the past season. And as the episodes have gone through this season they have gotten better. Also I like how they have shown how pinehearst came together. One thing I hope someone can help me with is their symbol. Is basically half of the symbol from the 1st season? Do you think that could be the reference back to who is good and who isn't?

Decent episode - so Father Petrelli can steal powers from others. I'm guessing that Adam bit the dust as since he lost his regenerative powers, that meant he reverted to what he would actually be at his real age (dust) while Peter just became a regular person when his powers were stolen.Good scene with the Puppet Master as the way Claire defeated him actually made sense.I'm glad that Daphne didn't get caught by Mohinder (I was waiting for another stupidly written scene). The scenes with Hiro and the precog were sort of amusing.I'm enjoying this season way more than last season - hopefully they keep up the quality control.

Wow I really thought people would have commented on the past episode. For me I have definetly enjoyed it much more than the past season. And as the episodes have gone through this season they have gotten better. Also I like how they have shown how pinehearst came together. One thing I hope someone can help me with is their symbol. Is basically half of the symbol from the 1st season? Do you think that could be the reference back to who is good and who isn't?
The symbol is just 2 sides of a double helix. Meaning basically one half of the formula and the other. Together it makes up the DNA needed to have/give abilities.This thing with Peter's dad stealing his ability is troubling though.

so I lied...I watched the last episode"the hunger" thing bugs me. they even say that it's the hunger for power (vs. killing)...but Peter automatically duplicates the power of whoever he's around so wtf!? and if that's not the case then why doesn't he open up sylar's head when he knocks him out?? guess it doesn't matter anymore since Peter's lost his power.of course, if Peter gains all powers around him shouldn't that mean he also gained his dad's power? suppose that's being a bit picky tho.why does Matt even bother repeating the same questions? it shouldn't be "Daphne, what are you scared of?"...it should be "tell me what you're scared of". Matt's power is mind control...which a few episodes ago was the like the most powerful thing.I do admit that this was a better episode though...less big holes (although I could go on and on)...big problem I see this show having is explaining the whole powers thing in a logical and scientific manner. it's already a mess. I'm no science major but the theorems don't seem to match...from blood swapping, dna sequence and all the power stopping, swapping and stealing.

Good scene with the Puppet Master as the way Claire defeated him actually made sense.
I agree that the way she defeated him made sense, but I didn't like the way it was written. Claire is begging for her mom to shoot her and the mom pulls the trigger not once, but three times. Stromboli should've at least suspected something was up (and the scene still could've ended the same way). But that's a minor quibble. What is more troubling is Claire going after level 5 villains and she knows what their powers are and still she just walks in with a tazer and points it at him. She tried that with vortex guy and he easily took that from her and then....did her dad have two tazers? The first was lost in the vortex, wasn't it? Anyway, she's not too bright. Must run in the family because Peter isn't too bright either.
of course, if Peter gains all powers around him shouldn't that mean he also gained his dad's power? suppose that's being a bit picky tho.why does Matt even bother repeating the same questions? it shouldn't be "Daphne, what are you scared of?"...it should be "tell me what you're scared of". Matt's power is mind control...which a few episodes ago was the like the most powerful thing.
Yes, but what's your point? He didn't even know his dad had a power, so he wouldn't have known to use it right away. And his dad who he thought was dead was now hugging him, so he wasn't on the look out for someone to steal his powers. Does Matt have mind control? I mean, he does have that power like his dad, but I don't think he's developed that yet. Unless that was part of season two that I have pretended didn't happen.Peter better get all his powers back soon or I'm going to be really annoyed.

Enjoyed the last show. I laughed at the Hiro scene when he was about to get hit with the shovel for the 2nd time.My thoughts on Petrelli scene. So did his Dad just steal Peters current power and that way Peter can get powers back by just being around people with abilities again or are they gone forever. Because he is an integral part of the show he has to get his powers back. My guess is in the next few shows Peter will get powers back as he is around people.

I agree that the way she defeated him made sense, but I didn't like the way it was written. Claire is begging for her mom to shoot her and the mom pulls the trigger not once, but three times. Stromboli should've at least suspected something was up (and the scene still could've ended the same way). But that's a minor quibble. What is more troubling is Claire going after level 5 villains and she knows what their powers are and still she just walks in with a tazer and points it at him. She tried that with vortex guy and he easily took that from her and then....did her dad have two tazers? The first was lost in the vortex, wasn't it? Anyway, she's not too bright. Must run in the family because Peter isn't too bright either.
Stromboli did not strike me as the sharpest tool but good points especially about Claire's "tactics". Stromboli would be the one villain where you'd want to shoot him in the back before he was aware of you.
I agree that the way she defeated him made sense, but I didn't like the way it was written. Claire is begging for her mom to shoot her and the mom pulls the trigger not once, but three times. Stromboli should've at least suspected something was up (and the scene still could've ended the same way). But that's a minor quibble. What is more troubling is Claire going after level 5 villains and she knows what their powers are and still she just walks in with a tazer and points it at him. She tried that with vortex guy and he easily took that from her and then....did her dad have two tazers? The first was lost in the vortex, wasn't it? Anyway, she's not too bright. Must run in the family because Peter isn't too bright either.Yes, but what's your point? He didn't even know his dad had a power, so he wouldn't have known to use it right away. And his dad who he thought was dead was now hugging him, so he wasn't on the look out for someone to steal his powers. Does Matt have mind control? I mean, he does have that power like his dad, but I don't think he's developed that yet. Unless that was part of season two that I have pretended didn't happen.Peter better get all his powers back soon or I'm going to be really annoyed.
I can live with the whole dad stealing power. Me? I'd be a little more cautous...maybe paint a few pictures of the future or read the mind of the supposedly dead dad. I mean we do know there are shape-shifters out there.yes, Matt has mind control and knows it. He did it on Molly and Mrs. Petrelli in the 2nd season that didn't happen.
I laughed at the Hiro scene when he was about to get hit with the shovel for the 2nd time.
see, this is the type of thing I can live with. comic-like comedy. even though I know Hiro could freeze time the second he sees the picture, the scene totally works.

Can someone please explain to me what happened to the cop who got punched in the stomch and the guys fist came out the otherside? I turned it to the Wild game and was wondering how hes still alive.

Im getting hooked again.

Can someone please explain to me what happened to the cop who got punched in the stomch and the guys fist came out the otherside? I turned it to the Wild game and was wondering how hes still alive.

Im getting hooked again.

I think he made the guy believe that was what was happening, but it was all in his head.

Two little things I thought they explained last night that filled some holes...

1. Why Hiro doesn't go back in time to undo things. Answers the question about the formula in the safe and any other situation that comes up where Hiro could just go back and make things right.2. Peter explaining how Sylar used his powers to slow down the fall. If he didn't do that, you know there would be people convinced that Peter still had his powers.