I had an idea about this whole eclipse thing in this week's episode. It seems that an eclipse takes away everyone's powers (temporarily, I assume). Eventually they'll all get their powers back.But I was thinking, this might be the way the writers can reset the powers that Peter, Gabriel and Arthur have. Maybe when the eclipse is over they keep their original power (which allows them to take the powers of others), but they lose all those that they've accumulated.Just a thought. Would be a good way to keep better control over what exactly each of them can do.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an idea about this whole eclipse thing in this week's episode. It seems that an eclipse takes away everyone's powers (temporarily, I assume). Eventually they'll all get their powers back.But I was thinking, this might be the way the writers can reset the powers that Peter, Gabriel and Arthur have. Maybe when the eclipse is over they keep their original power (which allows them to take the powers of others), but they lose all those that they've accumulated.Just a thought. Would be a good way to keep better control over what exactly each of them can do.
Yea, I think the writers finally realized how stupid over powered characters are and are coming up with ways to tone people down.

Okay so I finally got some time to catch up on the last 2 weeks episodes. I thought they were both pretty good. Although the flashback episode was not all that action packed it filled in a lot of gaps.I am guessing Sylar had a kid with the blond chick? It is very hard to remember back to all the nuances of flashbacks and forwards, but they are getting better this year than last.

Okay so I finally got some time to catch up on the last 2 weeks episodes. I thought they were both pretty good. Although the flashback episode was not all that action packed it filled in a lot of gaps.I am guessing Sylar had a kid with the blond chick? It is very hard to remember back to all the nuances of flashbacks and forwards, but they are getting better this year than last.
In the one possible future, it's assumed Elle is Sylar's babymomma. But it seems unlikely that exact future will ever come to be. It rarely does.
In the one possible future, it's assumed Elle is Sylar's babymomma. But it seems unlikely that exact future will ever come to be. It rarely does.
So how many futures are there not going to be now?Seriously, how do the writers even keep track off this?
So how many futures are there not going to be now?Seriously, how do the writers even keep track off this?
Remember in Season 1 when they go to Future Hiro's apartment with all the strings representing timelines? I imagine it's like that.

and every new act and decision slightly alters the timeline. Especially when something different is done that was done the first time.I actually hate time travel in shows. Makes things way confusing and usually opens more questions than it answers.

I'm starting to not care at all about this show anymore. Yeah, I said it.
You're not the only one who has said that in this thread.I liked this week's episode, but I feel the same way. I think the only reason I'm still watching is to find out what happens at the end of the season.
I'm starting to not care at all about this show anymore.
I think the only reason I'm still watching is to find out what happens at the end of the season.

Meh I still think Season 3 is a million times better than Season 2 and I think that those people considering quitting the show would have quit some time during Season 2.

Meh I still think Season 3 is a million times better than Season 2 and I think that those people considering quitting the show would have quit some time during Season 2.
I think I quit during season 2 and only really started to notice during season 3.
I think Season 3 is way better too, but I don't know...I was watching Season 1 yesterday, and I was just as enthralled watching it now as when I first watched it. Maybe it's just me.
Article about the writing on HeroesBasically Kring saying that because people liked some of the characters so much in season 1, they didn't know what to do.
Really sounds like he has no clue what he's doing. Interesting article though. But I don't think I like this idea that they won't have powers anymore. Why should I watch then?
Really sounds like he has no clue what he's doing. Interesting article though. But I don't think I like this idea that they won't have powers anymore. Why should I watch then?
That's not the way i took the word 'normal' from that article.Why, in fact, would they be fugitives if they didn't have powers. I'm looking at it like they're being hunted and have to live in shadows rather than, as he said, being superheroes.Same with the comment about Peter. I envision his 'norma' being a guy with a few powers, not everything under the sun.I loved the part about time travel making his head explode and if he could go back, he'd avoid it. Exactly what I posted only a couple days ago, if I recall. Also about Peter being too powerful, a bad decision that came back to haunt him.
That's not the way i took the word 'normal' from that article.Why, in fact, would they be fugitives if they didn't have powers. I'm looking at it like they're being hunted and have to live in shadows rather than, as he said, being superheroes.Same with the comment about Peter. I envision his 'norma' being a guy with a few powers, not everything under the sun.I loved the part about time travel making his head explode and if he could go back, he'd avoid it. Exactly what I posted only a couple days ago, if I recall. Also about Peter being too powerful, a bad decision that came back to haunt him.
He said "Wipe the table clean" and have them go underground and be normal. To me that sounds like lack of powers. Being underground and hunted isn't normal in any other sense.
He said "Wipe the table clean" and have them go underground and be normal. To me that sounds like lack of powers. Being underground and hunted isn't normal in any other sense.
But if they don't have their powers, why would they be hunted? How would 'normal' people know these were the 'specials'?
But if they don't have their powers, why would they be hunted? How would 'normal' people know these were the 'specials'?
No idea. But if they have powers, it doesn't wipe anything clean. Unless they do like I was expecting and have all the powers start over from the beginning, which I think is the best option. Because then this time around, Peter's powers would end up being different, since people have died, etc, and new ones will come along. I guess we'll see.
No idea. But if they have powers, it doesn't wipe anything clean. Unless they do like I was expecting and have all the powers start over from the beginning, which I think is the best option. Because then this time around, Peter's powers would end up being different, since people have died, etc, and new ones will come along. I guess we'll see.
that's what I suggested earlier. A chance to start clean with the 'super power' guys. Maybe even put some limits on their powers.
that's what I suggested earlier. A chance to start clean with the 'super power' guys. Maybe even put some limits on their powers.
Plus kill off a few while they're in this current state.

Interesting article its like he is trying to pass the blame onto others with saying last season sucked. Also found it funny the way he was talking about time travel being a hard. It was like he had all the excuses as to why the show hasn't lived up to expectations. For me I really hope they do get rid of a couple of characters. Elle irritates the crap out of me and also hope Nikki gets killed off finally.

For me I really hope they do get rid of a couple of characters. Elle irritates the crap out of me and also hope Nikki gets killed off finally.
If Elle would stick with one personality for more than 5 minutes she would be ok, cause Kristen is hot.And it's not Nikki anymore, it's her twin sister. At least the split personality shit is gone and she doesn't go around acting retarded.
If Elle would stick with one personality for more than 5 minutes she would be ok, cause Kristen is hot.And it's not Nikki anymore, it's her twin sister. At least the split personality shit is gone and she doesn't go around acting retarded.
True but now she's just utterly pointless.

so true, elles a different character every week, I'm hoping she's the blond glasses is holding in that photo.also, look for the show to improve as the creator of pushing daises and a writer from season 1 comes back to fix the damage.