Sylar had a chance to take the Haitian's powers and didn't. There's your biggest hole of the episode.
It's unknown how weak the Haitian really was and how quickly he might have recovered his abilities. If sylar took the chance, he'd be opening himself to the possibility that he could be killed.that's my read.
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure what to think of that episode. So am I to assume that the formula has gotten the catalyst put into it. Did I miss that last time? I didn't like the ending, not sure if the set up for next year is going to be awesome or terrible.

Not really sure what to think of that episode. So am I to assume that the formula has gotten the catalyst put into it. Did I miss that last time? I didn't like the ending, not sure if the set up for next year is going to be awesome or terrible.
DISCUSSING THE FINALE:Yeah, arthur put the catalyst into the formula at the end of last week so it was working, hence the one marine super soldier who went out quite quickly.This was kind of like season 2's ending. Lot of build to a haphazard very quick wrap up show. I think it was far superior to s. 2's ending, but still felt rushed. I thought they finally had everyone aligned and had posed some interesting moral questions when the escapees from lvl. five side w/ Peter's side, (our supposed good guys) b/c they want to remain special.IMO, the season hadn't been great and finally came together, now they're gonna bounce around again and shift storylines. Why? And they haven't wrapped up the future biz yet, Peter will now have his scar, cool, but do they not care about the Hiro stabbing Ando anymore? Is that supposed to just end now that arthur's dead? That doesn't make sense to me considering Ando got his power after that event.Also, they've already had a company rounding up mutants, that's back to the show's start w/ Prima and the company. So I dunno, not exactly the freshest or most inspiring idea for S. 4.
DISCUSSING THE FINALE:Yeah, arthur put the catalyst into the formula at the end of last week so it was working, hence the one marine super soldier who went out quite quickly.This was kind of like season 2's ending. Lot of build to a haphazard very quick wrap up show. I think it was far superior to s. 2's ending, but still felt rushed. I thought they finally had everyone aligned and had posed some interesting moral questions when the escapees from lvl. five side w/ Peter's side, (our supposed good guys) b/c they want to remain special.IMO, the season hadn't been great and finally came together, now they're gonna bounce around again and shift storylines. Why? And they haven't wrapped up the future biz yet, Peter will now have his scar, cool, but do they not care about the Hiro stabbing Ando anymore? Is that supposed to just end now that arthur's dead? That doesn't make sense to me considering Ando got his power after that event.Also, they've already had a company rounding up mutants, that's back to the show's start w/ Prima and the company. So I dunno, not exactly the freshest or most inspiring idea for S. 4.
I don't know I had really enjoyed this season but I didn't like the finally. I do agree it did seem rushed. One question though about the whole hiro killing ando. Does hiro remember that thought? Did his complete memory come back or not when he became the catalyst. I am also not too happy with Arthur being dead. He technically shouldn't be dead right? Also too with the african dude that was helping parkman he is back also. Didn't arthur kill him? Not sure I like the way they are going with next season. The one good thing though is we only have to wait about a month and a half.

yeah, the african was be-headed, and seemed to only have oracle style powers so no reason to be in that last scene. I'm thinking it was like the end of Return of The Jedi where all the dead jedi are chillin' at the party too. They should have done him in glowing green.hiro says he remembers everything so that memory should be intact.I agree I'm not pumped on season 4, and especially with the slow build up weeks we have in store, but I won't quit, b/c I originally planned on giving the show til May, and I'm gonna go head and keep on keepin' on with that plan.

I think the unique take is that ALL the specials are going to be hunted, not just the 'bad' or 'dangerous' ones. I've been listening to a Heroes podcast and Bryan Fuller, who's returning to the show from Pushing Daisies, really seems to be in touch with what the fans want.He's been quoted as saying he wants to simplify the overall storytelling, reduce the number of storylines that are going at any one time and return the show towards its first season success.Fugitives is being set up as a pretty basic Good Guys vs. Bad Guys storyline. I'm optimistic.

That's okay cause Marlo fucked SuperSoldier up good last night!
loooooooool that was nuts!! He's like I'll take care of it, then next second..."SNAP!!"

Brian Fuller's return is the only optimism I have for the show. Fortunately that's probably all it needs as what's been awful is definitely the writing, and w/out a couple of the worst actors now, it should all pick up nicely.Shame about pushing daisies though, really fun show.

I liked that peter got his powers back. I didn't like him without powers. I still don't get why the hell pa petrelli is "dead." He has healing abilities. Also. Do you think Claire's mom is dead? She can't be burned so i wonder if she lives through all that?

I liked that peter got his powers back. I didn't like him without powers. I still don't get why the hell pa petrelli is "dead." He has healing abilities. Also. Do you think Claire's mom is dead? She can't be burned so i wonder if she lives through all that?
My thought on Pa is that maybe because the Haitian was cutting his powers off, that maybe he died before they came back. My other thought is that, why would Sylar have his, but maybe somehow the Haitian can focus his powers on one person or something? I dunno, that's all I can really come up with.
My thought on Pa is that maybe because the Haitian was cutting his powers off, that maybe he died before they came back. My other thought is that, why would Sylar have his, but maybe somehow the Haitian can focus his powers on one person or something? I dunno, that's all I can really come up with.
The speculation is that the Haitian has to focus his powers, it's not a general damper. Also, he was extremely worn out, losing his grip on Pa by the end, so he probably didn't have much of his power left.
Here is another question about peter and his powers. Being that he took the shot would he be like ando getting some type of random power? Or does he go back to his old power? And if he goes back to his old power he now has to learn everything all over again right?
Haitian was about to loss complete control. Sylar probably steped in as he did. More of a plausible plaster then a hole filler but whatever.With sylar's ability to understand all the powers he would know about the weak point in the back of the skull for invincible types. He probably just blasted his way through to it with the bullet.
Here is another question about peter and his powers. Being that he took the shot would he be like ando getting some type of random power? Or does he go back to his old power? And if he goes back to his old power he now has to learn everything all over again right?
We have only seen him fly and nathern was there so he might have to re learn his powers. This mixed with arthur and sylar being dead would help to control the number of supercharged heroes.

I think the thing was that Arthur was so strong that it forced the Haitian to focus his power whereas in general he just dampens around himselfI also think they've basicially implied that a person's dna affects which power they get so Ando getting that power is not random. The randomness is what power each person will have because they have no idea to what the dna or chromosomes correspond.if peter got back all his powers that would not seem to make sense based on what they've implied about the whole powers thing (and my statements above) but as we know this show doesn't always do things that make sense.

Ok, so what exactly happened in the future scene with Ando and Hiro? Did we really see Ando kill Hiro or did we just see Ando zapping Hiro? Because we now know that Ando’s power is to amplify other’s powers, so if he’s zapping him, he’s helping him, not killing him.I never even considered the fact that Sylar was dead dead. Just remove the glass from his brain and he comes back to life. Same as what happened with Claire and Peter in season 1. I suppose the whole building crashing down all around him wouldn’t help, but I don’t think that matters really.Also, Sylar is easily the most interesting character.

Ok, so what exactly happened in the future scene with Ando and Hiro? Did we really see Ando kill Hiro or did we just see Ando zapping Hiro? Because we now know that Ando’s power is to amplify other’s powers, so if he’s zapping him, he’s helping him, not killing him.I never even considered the fact that Sylar was dead dead. Just remove the glass from his brain and he comes back to life. Same as what happened with Claire and Peter in season 1. I suppose the whole building crashing down all around him wouldn’t help, but I don’t think that matters really.Also, Sylar is easily the most interesting character.
Ando/Hiro... That was from a timeline that now never existed since they destroyed the formula, and Ando could have had different powers or learned to use them differently.Slyar was presumably in the building incapacitated when it was set on fire. If his brain isn't functioning he can't heal himself and would not survive the burning.

I agree that I never thought for a second Sylar was dead. Especially when I read about the actor signed to play his real father.As for the ando future thing, the future changes all the time as events in the present change. Stupid timetravel storylines.I don't think the Ando kills Hiro timeline exists anymore, either.

I don't care about whether the storyline exists or if that still might happen or whatever. What I'm getting at is this: were we really seeing Ando kill Hiro? I don't remember what exactly happened; all I remember is Ando zapping him, which we now know doesn't necessarily mean he was trying to kill him. The writers (sigh) made it a point for Ando to repeatedly say, "Hiro, you know me, you know I would never kill you," and I just think it makes more sense this way. Ok, I lied in that first sentence. Why does the destruction of the formula mean that future can't exist? What did we see in that scene? Somebody please refresh my memory.