April Goals:Qualify for FTP IronmanStart playing more PLO, less MTT'sImprove game selectionApril Results:CHECKMARKCHECKMARKCHECKMARKMay Goals:Graduate collegeStart full time employmentFind new house/apartmentNew car (maybe June...)FTP IronmanFind way to balance poker and life as I transition

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, $5629 in April. Shitty month, imo. Ran barely over breakeven at 10/20 and 15/30, but luckily crushed some 5/10 to make some cash.I also only got 8k hands in, as I took an entire week off, and then just kinda played inconsistent amounts over the last week. Got a little burnt out with the way I was running, and all teh swongs.Goals for May are to play 10k hands, which is lower than my normal goal for a couple reasons. Mostly just that I'll be out of town for about a week or so. I can play during those times, but I'll have a ton of stuff going on, so I can't guarantee I'll get the hands in.However, my goal is to run well, and mix in a lot more 10/20 and 15/30, so I'm still going to set the goal at $15,000 profit. If I could get my BR to $40,000 before Vegas, and after I pull my expense money, I'll be psyched.Gl all in May.

Ok, going to throw my hat in the ring knowing bdc and simo will give me a hard time when I produce an epic fail. Maybe give me some extra motivation. April goalsN/A---have only played 2 sngs since Dec....i thinkMay goals20 $3.25 turbo 45-man sngs40 $6.50 turbo 9-man sngsNot sure about ROI, but sharkscope has me at 27% through 700 sngs so it would be nice to maintain that. Stay away from MTT donkamentsDon't withdraw from summer schoolIf I decide not to buy a new mountain bike I will get some more funds and bump those $6.50's up to $16's.

All right, haven't posted in this topic in a while, but since I'm going to be playing a lot, I figured I'll post my goals.-play at least 100 $12 180s-dabble in the $20 180s and have a positive ROI-play in 50 tournaments, positive ROI and don't play like a moron.-$1k total profit.-exercise more, study a lot when summer session starts, keep sweet ass new apt. looking nice.

but how much did you guys lose?
i play poker.oh yea? you win any money?i average about 1k a month. ok so you won that much. but how much did you lose? i usually just break down and start crying.
i play poker.oh yea? you win any money?i average about 1k a month. ok so you won that much. but how much did you lose? i usually just break down and start crying.
Ya, this makes my head explode everytime.

Tbf, i was listening to a poker show about taxes and gambling and it said that the proper way to file your taxes is to itemize both your wins and your losses instead of netting it so they're correct in a way...Just sayin'

My only real goal for May is to net 10K in profit (20K gross before splitting it w/my staker). Last month, I only netted a little over 4K, but there was about a week and a half where I was playing bad poker. Also, I'm going back to adding in HU now and I think if I do it the right way, that should increase my profitability as well.

2 sweet hands so far this month:FullTiltPoker Game #6274042877: Table Pipe (heads up) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:27:31 ET - 2008/05/03Seat 1: bigd0251 ($1,659)Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 ($2,129)bigd0251 posts the small blind of $10IHaveAStrong9 posts the big blind of $20The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to IHaveAStrong9 [Qs Qc]bigd0251 calls $10IHaveAStrong9 raises to $70bigd0251 calls $50*** FLOP *** [Jd Td Jh]IHaveAStrong9 has 15 seconds left to actIHaveAStrong9 bets $120bigd0251 calls $120*** TURN *** [Jd Td Jh] [Qd]IHaveAStrong9 checksbigd0251 checks*** RIVER *** [Jd Td Jh Qd] [Kd]IHaveAStrong9 bets $280bigd0251 has 15 seconds left to actbigd0251 raises to $560IHaveAStrong9 has 15 seconds left to actIHaveAStrong9 has requested TIMEbigd0251: ill showIHaveAStrong9 calls $280*** SHOW DOWN ***bigd0251 shows [Tc 9d] a straight flush, King highIHaveAStrong9 mucksbigd0251 wins the pot ($1,499.50) with a straight flush, King highIHaveAStrong9 adds $621*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $1,500 | Rake $0.50Board: [Jd Td Jh Qd Kd]Seat 1: bigd0251 (small blind) showed [Tc 9d] and won ($1,499.50) with a straight flush, King highSeat 2: IHaveAStrong9 (big blind) mucked [Qs Qc] - a full house, Queens full of JacksFullTiltPoker Game #6281452310: Table Effort (heads up) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:53:17 ET - 2008/05/04Seat 1: gamecksn05 ($845.50)Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 ($1,295.55)IHaveAStrong9 posts the small blind of $10gamecksn05 posts the big blind of $20The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to IHaveAStrong9 [Ad Ks]IHaveAStrong9 raises to $60gamecksn05 calls $40*** FLOP *** [Qd Jh Tc]gamecksn05 checksIHaveAStrong9 bets $80gamecksn05 calls $80*** TURN *** [Qd Jh Tc] [Kd]gamecksn05 checksIHaveAStrong9 bets $200gamecksn05 calls $200*** RIVER *** [Qd Jh Tc Kd] [As]gamecksn05 checksIHaveAStrong9: haaaaIHaveAStrong9 bets $820gamecksn05 calls $505.50, and is all inUncalled bet of $314.50 returned to IHaveAStrong9*** SHOW DOWN ***IHaveAStrong9 shows [Ad Ks] a straight, Ace highgamecksn05 shows [9s 6s] a straight, Ace highgamecksn05 ties for the pot ($845.25) with a straight, Ace highIHaveAStrong9 ties for the pot ($845.25) with a straight, Ace highIHaveAStrong9 adds $704.70*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $1,691 | Rake $0.50Board: [Qd Jh Tc Kd As]Seat 1: gamecksn05 (big blind) showed [9s 6s] and won ($845.25) with a straight, Ace highSeat 2: IHaveAStrong9 (small blind) showed [Ad Ks] and won ($845.25) with a straight, Ace highThe way you are ideally supposed to view bad streaks I have down pretty much, and it ****ing sickens me sometimes. It honestly makes me feel like a robot or something inhumane, the way I just shrug every other day that I lost 5 to 10 grand. Like seriously, I feel like I have aged 10 years just cause of poker and its stupid ****ing swings. I am out and going to sleep, then the plan is to wake up and run bad and lose more money. Yeah that sounds like a realistic plan of events. This will probably look way over the top when i look at it later in a better mindset. W/e Strong 9 out.

you've probably ran as hot as anyone else to not go busto when you were first taking your shots at 5/10. take the good with the bad imo.but newho, gl and don't worry about the suckouts...you are obviously more than rolled to absorb some tough streaks.- Jordan

Do I still set goals?February through April = the hotnessMay = continued hotnessWill update with concrete numbers in short order.

2 sweet hands so far this month:FullTiltPoker Game #6274042877: Table Pipe (heads up) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:27:31 ET - 2008/05/03Seat 1: bigd0251 ($1,659)Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 ($2,129)bigd0251 posts the small blind of $10IHaveAStrong9 posts the big blind of $20The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to IHaveAStrong9 [Qs Qc]bigd0251 calls $10IHaveAStrong9 raises to $70bigd0251 calls $50*** FLOP *** [Jd Td Jh]IHaveAStrong9 has 15 seconds left to actIHaveAStrong9 bets $120bigd0251 calls $120*** TURN *** [Jd Td Jh] [Qd]IHaveAStrong9 checksbigd0251 checks*** RIVER *** [Jd Td Jh Qd] [Kd]IHaveAStrong9 bets $280bigd0251 has 15 seconds left to actbigd0251 raises to $560IHaveAStrong9 has 15 seconds left to actIHaveAStrong9 has requested TIMEbigd0251: ill showIHaveAStrong9 calls $280*** SHOW DOWN ***bigd0251 shows [Tc 9d] a straight flush, King highIHaveAStrong9 mucksbigd0251 wins the pot ($1,499.50) with a straight flush, King highIHaveAStrong9 adds $621*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $1,500 | Rake $0.50Board: [Jd Td Jh Qd Kd]Seat 1: bigd0251 (small blind) showed [Tc 9d] and won ($1,499.50) with a straight flush, King highSeat 2: IHaveAStrong9 (big blind) mucked [Qs Qc] - a full house, Queens full of Jacks
I was railing when this happened lol

April Results:+$6.6k in 44 hours of play ($148/hr)May Results (so far):+$12.5k in 7 hours of play ($1783/hr)...sustainable?

Nice score last night Cobalt.Will be playing for the first time in May tonight, gl me.

May is a bitch. I want a divorce, but she wants custody of my bankroll. I originally contested for sole custody, but it looks like if I escape from this horrendous marriage to May with even joint custody, then I should be happy.It's a messy divorce: she caught me with a new chinese mistress (who turned out to be a prostitute that charged $1 per stroke in my hand job).I've joined a self-help 6 step program, but apparently they charge you money every time you want to take a step, and you never know whether you will end up stepping forward or backward.The divorce has been so ugly, I was only able to meet with May's lawyers once in person (the other times were over the internet). Apparently, they charged *me* for their time (rather than billing May) and suddenly I was out a few more bills.I have a joint counseling session next Monday where I will meet a couple hundred people over a pot of half-and-half. Half the session will be spent holding each other, the other half will be spent omaha-ha-ha-ing at each other's jokes. If this group session goes well, perhaps May and I can depart on friendly terms and not only will I maintain sole possession of my bankroll, but she might give me a going-away gift...Nevertheless... right now, things aren't looking good.I will keep you guys up to date the next time May and I meet across the table to negotiate the terms of our divorce...

I didn't do too good on my goals for April. I cashed out most of my bankroll as I can never seem to leave it in tact. I did finish positive in both cash games and tournaments but I only played 1500 hands of cash NL and only about +$50 or so in SNGs.They released a new beta of PT3 with a HUD this month, so I DID manage to find a HUD to work with PT3.Goals:- 2500 hands 6 max- $100 tourney profit- NO CASHING OUT.

May is a bitch. I want a divorce, but she wants custody of my bankroll. I originally contested for sole custody, but it looks like if I escape from this horrendous marriage to May with even joint custody, then I should be happy.It's a messy divorce: she caught me with a new chinese mistress (who turned out to be a prostitute that charged $1 per stroke in my hand job).I've joined a self-help 6 step program, but apparently they charge you money every time you want to take a step, and you never know whether you will end up stepping forward or backward.The divorce has been so ugly, I was only able to meet with May's lawyers once in person (the other times were over the internet). Apparently, they charged *me* for their time (rather than billing May) and suddenly I was out a few more bills.I have a joint counseling session next Monday where I will meet a couple hundred people over a pot of half-and-half. Half the session will be spent holding each other, the other half will be spent omaha-ha-ha-ing at each other's jokes. If this group session goes well, perhaps May and I can depart on friendly terms and not only will I maintain sole possession of my bankroll, but she might give me a going-away gift...Nevertheless... right now, things aren't looking good.I will keep you guys up to date the next time May and I meet across the table to negotiate the terms of our divorce...
This was hilarious and you need to get some love for it.

>.> This seems simple enough..Goal for May: - Have winning month- Don't tilt- Perhaps get a stylish haircut...yes...indeed.