• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandi’s death is sad for too many reasons to count. It’s sad because she ended her own life. It’s sad because she made that choice at a time when her family and friends thought she was turning her life around. It’s sad because her life was sad. And it’s sad because she left behind a lot of people who really loved her and would have continued to love her even if she had continued to make mistakes.I find this to be a sad commentary on the state of the online poker community. If you go to 2+2 right now you’ll see an on going list of posters stepping up and admitting regret to how they treated her and sadness that she is now gone. They aren’t saying that they should have felt respect for her but they are acknowledging that ruthless harassment of a person who never did any to them might have been wrong. And sadly enough, those who truly did have a reason to “hate” her for what she did to them are still heartbroken by her death. If they can forgive her why can’t a bunch of jerks on the internet just let it go? It’s sad to see people who never met her attacking her and saying she was “evil.” How would you know this? Because of a bunch of stories and rumors you saw posted on an internet message board? And even if it was all true, what did she ever do to you?Brandi used people. Was it because she was evil? I don’t believe so. I think she was just used so much in her life by others they she didn’t know how else to live. It was second nature to her. Perhaps as she had gotten older and learned to trust the people who really did care about her she would have grown past it. There’s no way to really know. She was still so very young.I did not respect the way she lived her life but I never felt I had a right to be cruel to her. She was always nice to me and I gave her the same courtesy. I think it’s sad that a bunch of anonymous people on the internet felt they had to brutalize her the way they did. I think many of the posters from 2+2 should be ashamed. Sadly I have seen this happen to too many people in the online poker community. A group of people choose some one to abuse and continue to do so with great enthusiasm. It’s as if they have found their new favorite game. Brandi was a favorite punching bag for online poker players. I really hope her choice to end her life wasn’t because of what people said on message boards, but I believe the constant assaults did weigh heavily on her. How could they not have?If anyone here believes that the world is better off without her I challenge you to tell me why you have the right to dance on her grave when those she actually wronged have forgiven her and now mourn her loss.RIP Brandi

Brandi’s death is sad for too many reasons to count. It’s sad because she ended her own life. It’s sad because she made that choice at a time when her family and friends thought she was turning her life around. It’s sad because her life was sad. And it’s sad because she left behind a lot of people who really loved her and would have continued to love her even if she had continued to make mistakes.I find this to be a sad commentary on the state of the online poker community. If you go to 2+2 right now you’ll see an on going list of posters stepping up and admitting regret to how they treated her and sadness that she is now gone. They aren’t saying that they should have felt respect for her but they are acknowledging that ruthless harassment of a person who never did any to them might have been wrong. And sadly enough, those who truly did have a reason to “hate” her for what she did to them are still heartbroken by her death. If they can forgive her why can’t a bunch of jerks on the internet just let it go? It’s sad to see people who never met her attacking her and saying she was “evil.” How would you know this? Because of a bunch of stories and rumors you saw posted on an internet message board? And even if it was all true, what did she ever do to you?Brandi used people. Was it because she was evil? I don’t believe so. I think she was just used so much in her life by others they she didn’t know how else to live. It was second nature to her. Perhaps as she had gotten older and learned to trust the people who really did care about her she would have grown past it. There’s no way to really know. She was still so very young.I did not respect the way she lived her life but I never felt I had a right to be cruel to her. She was always nice to me and I gave her the same courtesy. I think it’s sad that a bunch of anonymous people on the internet felt they had to brutalize her the way they did. I think many of the posters from 2+2 should be ashamed. Sadly I have seen this happen to too many people in the online poker community. A group of people choose some one to abuse and continue to do so with great enthusiasm. It’s as if they have found their new favorite game. Brandi was a favorite punching bag for online poker players. I really hope her choice to end her life wasn’t because of what people said on message boards, but I believe the constant assaults did weigh heavily on her. How could they not have?If anyone here believes that the world is better off without her I challenge you to tell me why you have the right to dance on her grave when those she actually wronged have forgiven her and now mourn her loss.RIP Brandi
Is it just me or this just getting silly?No one got out of control in this thread. People had differing opinions and posted them for the most part, very respectfully.I mean, its the internet.
Is it just me or this just getting silly?No one got out of control in this thread. People had differing opinions and posted them for the most part, very respectfully.I mean, its the internet.
FUCK YOU MISTER CUBS NINE NINE THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
This wasn't directed at anyone in particular in this thread. It was an address to the internet poker community in general.Probably would have posted it at 2+2 if I hadn't been banned after being identified as a friend of Dan Druff.
This wasn't directed at anyone in particular in this thread. It was an address to the internet poker community in general.Probably would have posted it at 2+2 if I hadn't been banned after being identified as a friend of Dan Druff.
LMAO... Did you see my post earlier? :club:
One could also make the argument that if you don't wish to hear uncensored opinions on a certain topic you probably shouldn't be discussing it on an internet forum. The internet is a vehicle for free speech and if a person's opinion is offensive to you then you should simply choose to ignore it.
Unless you're on 2+2, then they just ban you.
It was this one.
It's unfortunate, the internet and the faceless society it is causes people to go to a level they normally wouldn't in "the real world" because they don't really see a person in front of them. No matter where you go online you can find people that like to flame anyone and everyone. Others will join in and feed it and it always grows from there.
I don't think they are joking. They may however be wrong or have been fooled. Definitely need more evidence on this one.
Like what? A picture of the corpse?The head fedex'd to your front door?

Ok everyone, thanks for coming... all your comments are always appreciated.However, I think everyone has said what they've got to say, so I'm gonna have to lock this one down now.Thanks once again!/thread. :club:

Ummm excuse me? Why are you still posting??? I ended the thread.
Sorry, didn't see that before I posted my earlier post.Did you see what I did there?
No respect for suicide though. That's pure weakness. post but unless you've been bullied all your life, living in the worst butthole of the world and having no job,no friends, only problems and no reason to live whatsoever, suicide is not defendable. This view might come from my spiritual view on some things (i regret religion but i'm pretty spiritual in some ways anyways), but commiting suicide just shows the weakness of a person like her. She surely did not have a shit-live. Just an easy way to get away from your problems. All her family and her friends are now left behind, crying over her. The sadness she probably caused is definately the worst sadness a human can ever experience, that i can say from my own experience.Still, rest in peace, wherever that is after our death.
yes, if people have a psychical illness of some sort, it's something completely different. i didn't read anything like that about her though. being adressed for having borderlines yndroms of some psychical illness does not mean that she had an illness of some sort. from what i've read of her, she was just a selfish person with a very wrong view on things in life.(at least not at her suicide in special) . i just stated that doing that is wrong,false, weak-character-like and just plain unfair to those who are left behind, unless you have serious reasons for it, and brandi didn't.
what does what i said have to do with common sense? why are there always assholes who need to get personal? i shared my oppinion and if you don't share it or have something to say about it, do it, but stop getting personal about anyone because you don't share their oppinion. and yeah i dont have that much of a clue about mental illness. im still going to say what i think. i dont have any problems with changing my opinion if i see what i said was wrong.
What you have said proves that you have no common sense. That is why I said that you lacked common sense. Lacking common sense means having no common sense. It is clear that you require more assistance with learning english and I am more than happy to oblige.Perhaps you are not aware of this, so I will explain it S-L-O-W-L-Y for you......Commenting repeatedly on the mental health of someone that you did not know and know nothing about, and judging them for that when you admittedly "don't have that much of a clue about mental illness" is why I came to the conclusion about your lack of common sense. I do admire that you took the initiative to learn another language. I would encourage you to wait until you have learned the actual spelling and grammatical use of a word before using it in correspondence in a public forum. Otherwise, people may infer that you are indeed a moron. Do you see why ?It appears to me that you are the one who has made this personal. I have given ample evidence of how I came to the conclusions that I did and why I used the words that I did. You will notice that I did not say that HubDub lacked common sense. That is because he has given us no evidence that he is deficient in basic reasoning skills. He has said things that many of us have taken to be rude and lacking tact. That is why I pointed out that his comments were lacking tact. I prefer not to be called an *******. I'll thank you to remember that in the future. You can notice how that offensive word is bleeped out. That is because the founders of this site do not want such words to be used. The FCP forum rules specifically request that attempts should not be made to circumvent the swearing filters that are in place. This subject has already been discussed in this thread. It might be possible for you to receive a tutoring discount if you request to work on your reading skills when you work on your writing.
The problem here was how you made so many assumptions about her life and about her mental health that were extremely uninformed yet passed it off as fact.
Exactly

i would like to chime in with my two cents here.listen up. i would like to make this very clear and have no misunderstandings.yawn. for how many years has the online poker community as a whole been saying all sorts of nasty things about this woman? and now that she dies you pretend to care? if you knew her and cared about her, well then my condolences. from all the stories and rumors she seemed pretty sleazy but she was a person and if you care about somebody you care about somebody, so my heart goes out to you and hope you feel better.however, the rest of you. wtf? i guess this is why reality TV is so popular. its times like this that make me glad im not a human.

(Hey, Hey)Bye, Bye, ByeBye, Bye...Bye, Bye...Oh, Oh..I'm doin' this tonight,You're probably gonna start a fight.I know this can't be right.Hey baby come on,I loved you endlessly,When you weren't there for me.So now it's time to leave and make it aloneI know that I can't take no moreIt ain't no lieI wanna see you out that doorBaby, bye, bye, bye...Bye ByeDon't wanna be a fool for youJust another player in your game for twoYou may hate me but it ain't no lie,Baby, bye, bye, bye...Bye ByeDon't really wanna make it tough,I just wanna tell you that I had enough.It might sound crazy,But it ain't no lie,Baby, bye, bye, bye(Oh, Oh)Just hit me with the truth,Now, girl you're more than welcome to.So give me one good reason,Baby come onI live for you and me,And now I really come to see,That life would be much better once you're gone.I know that I can't take no moreIt ain't no lie,I wanna see you out that doorBaby, bye, bye, bye...Bye ByeDon't wanna be a fool for youJust another player in your game for twoYou may hate me but it ain't no lie,Baby Bye, bye, bye...Bye ByeDon't really wanna make it tough,I just wanna tell you that I had enough (ooh ooh)It might sound crazy,But it ain't no lie,Baby, bye, bye, byeI'm giving up I know for sureI don't wanna be the reason for your love no moreBye ByeI'm checkin' outI'm signin' offDon't wanna be the loser and I've had enoughDon't wanna be your foolIn this game for twoSo I'm leavin' you behindBye, bye, bye...I don't wanna make it tough (wanna make it tough)But I had enoughAnd it ain't no lie (Bye, bye baby...)Bye, ByeDon't wanna be a fool for youJust another player in your game for two (I don't wanna be your fool)But it ain't no lieBaby bye, bye, bye...Don't really wanna make it tough (don't really wanna make it tough),I just wanna tell you that I had enough (that I had enough).Might sound crazy,But it ain't no lie,Bye, bye, bye

Probably would have posted it at 2+2 if I hadn't been banned after being identified as a friend of Dan Druff.
What does this mean? WHo is Dan Druff and why would you be banned from a forum for being friends with someone?
Anyone know where this Sklansky E-Mail can be found?
You just don't get it. The thing is that you are not particularly anxious toplease me. Which is fine. It will take me about 10 weeks to get a prettyUNLV 21 year old economics major up to your poker level without all theheartache. Perhaps you will meet her at the final table.