• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

55.8 million up front, DAMN! and thats before filming.
I actually heard today that it was 59.2 million. They could give him 500 million and still make a huge profit. With out him, the movie would not make any $ but with him it's almost guaranteed to make 1 billion.
I actually heard today that it was 59.2 million. They could give him 500 million and still make a huge profit. With out him, the movie would not make any $ but with him it's almost guaranteed to make 1 billion.
I hope they have this out soon. By Chirstmas would be nice. How cool would it be to see PoTc 4 on Jesus' birthday? Pretty cool if you ask me becuase I love Jesus and I really like Captain Jack Sparrow. He is funny and yet dangerous. He's a pirate, but he isnt all bad. I like that because I like to think that pirates arent all bad. I think they are just misunderstood sometimes and these movies are helping people see that. I hope they make one every year for the rest of my life.
I hope they have this out soon. By Chirstmas would be nice. How cool would it be to see PoTc 4 on Jesus' birthday? Pretty cool if you ask me becuase I love Jesus and I really like Captain Jack Sparrow. He is funny and yet dangerous. He's a pirate, but he isnt all bad. I like that because I like to think that pirates arent all bad. I think they are just misunderstood sometimes and these movies are helping people see that. I hope they make one every year for the rest of my life.
Sexy new avatar
Maybe by Christmas 2010. I don't think there's any way this movie would be out before 2010.
You're retarded.
You're retarded.
Obviously they wouldn't, but if they gave him $500 mil, production cost $150 mil, and it makes a billion, that is a nice 350 million dollar profit, not including what it would do on DVD sales.
But I would prefer it out sooner.
That's what she said

Escape from New York (great)Escape from LA (not as great)Highlander (very enjoyable, good soundtrack)Dumb and Dumber (always always delivers)13th Warrior (I actually enjoyed it a lot)

"I'll be your huckleberry." Did Val Kilmer not steal the show in Tombstone?
He most certainly did. Finally saw Oldboy last night. I liked it, but since I already knew pretty much the whole plot it wasn't really as entertaining. Cool movie, regardless.
Obviously they wouldn't, but if they gave him $500 mil, production cost $150 mil, and it makes a billion, that is a nice 350 million dollar profit, not including what it would do on DVD sales.
Jesus Christ.
He most certainly did. Finally saw Oldboy last night. I liked it, but since I already knew pretty much the whole plot it wasn't really as entertaining. Cool movie, regardless.
I tried to watch oldboy on dutch's recomendation, but watching a subtitled movie while mutli tabling doesn't work too well. I'll give it another crack soon.
Jesus Christ.
There is no reason to even respond anymore. He is either playing a huge joke on us, or he is this asinine. Someone compared him to the average viewing public. I disagree. Nobody with a rational thought thinks this way.I think people watch these blockbusters that suck because they feel they have to. For instance, I have not seen the new Inidana Jones yet, I have heard horrid things about it. I will watch it when it comes out on DVD. I would probably be amused enough to not turn it off, hell I may even buy it because I own the other 3. But I most definitely won't think it's a good movie.(Now replace the last Pirates movie, and its virtually they same, except I almost turned that one off, actually I may have and then finished it later)
There is no reason to even respond anymore. He is either playing a huge joke on us, or he is this asinine. Someone compared him to the average viewing public. I disagree. Nobody with a rational thought thinks this way.I think people watch these blockbusters that suck because they feel they have to. For instance, I have not seen the new Inidana Jones yet, I have heard horrid things about it. I will watch it when it comes out on DVD. I would probably be amused enough to not turn it off, hell I may even buy it because I own the other 3. But I most definitely won't think it's a good movie.(Now replace the last Pirates movie, and its virtually they same, except I almost turned that one off, actually I may have and then finished it later)
This is how I felt about Pirates 3, because Pirates 2 sucked. Pirates 3 was absolutely fucking terrible and there is no way in hell I will pay to see 4, and will probably only watch it when it's on some movie network late at night.
This is how I felt about Pirates 3, because Pirates 2 sucked. Pirates 3 was absolutely fucking terrible and there is no way in hell I will pay to see 4, and will probably only watch it when it's on some movie network late at night.
I didn't watch pirates three, 'cause 2 was so mediocre. I don't blame Depp for taking the money and laughing to the bank, however. i wish people could just say no to these movies. Like IJ4. The movie got hit brutally by critics. Most everyone who saw it knew it was going to be at least just be okay and probably suck. And yet millions, and millions of rational, educated people ( and millions and millions of uneducated and irrational people) saw this movie, because they felt they ought to. Out of nostalgia or just because it's an "event" movie, that everyone sees, they want to see it too. I know it's just as useless to rage against this as it is to rage against people slowing down on the freeway to stare at a car wreck. Nothing is going to stop people from seeing garbage event movies, because marketing combined with nostalgia is an unstoppable force. I just implore you, all of you, start taking a stand. Don't go see a movie or buy a DVD of a movie that you think will probably suck. Just don't buy it. I know it isn't much money to buy a DVD or go see a movie, but every little bit, every little consumer who fails to stand up to garbage only strengthens the Crap Factories stranglehold on hollywood.
I tried to watch oldboy on dutch's recomendation, but watching a subtitled movie while mutli tabling doesn't work too well. I'll give it another crack soon.
We went with the English dubbed version. It was annoying at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I wanted to watch it with subtitles, but my friends either can't or didn't want to read.

My wife had never seen Kingpin before so we watched it last night. It had been a couple years since I saw it lost. It will always be a classic comedy.

I think people watch these blockbusters that suck because they feel they have to. For instance, I have not seen the new Inidana Jones yet, I have heard horrid things about it. I will watch it when it comes out on DVD. I would probably be amused enough to not turn it off, hell I may even buy it because I own the other 3. But I most definitely won't think it's a good movie.
There are so many things wrong with what you said. I will agree with you about people feeling they have to see certain movies, but the rest of oyur post is a joke. How is watching Indiana Jones on DVD different than seeing it a couple of months ago? And why do you know you most definitely won't think it'sa good movie? Can you watch it with a more negative attitude?
I didn't watch pirates three, 'cause 2 was so mediocre. I don't blame Depp for taking the money and laughing to the bank, however. i wish people could just say no to these movies. Like IJ4. The movie got hit brutally by critics. Most everyone who saw it knew it was going to be at least just be okay and probably suck. And yet millions, and millions of rational, educated people ( and millions and millions of uneducated and irrational people) saw this movie, because they felt they ought to. Out of nostalgia or just because it's an "event" movie, that everyone sees, they want to see it too. I know it's just as useless to rage against this as it is to rage against people slowing down on the freeway to stare at a car wreck. Nothing is going to stop people from seeing garbage event movies, because marketing combined with nostalgia is an unstoppable force. I just implore you, all of you, start taking a stand. Don't go see a movie or buy a DVD of a movie that you think will probably suck. Just don't buy it. I know it isn't much money to buy a DVD or go see a movie, but every little bit, every little consumer who fails to stand up to garbage only strengthens the Crap Factories stranglehold on hollywood.
I don't blame Depp either. The one thing I hated about Entourage (a show that I love) is that the main character turned down a 15 million dollar movie offer because he didn't like the owner of the company. Who cares? Take his $ and go. But I will disagree with you bigmcgee on one of your points. Why do you assume people knew it was going to probably suck? Is there a rule that all new movies that are based on movies from the 1980s need to suck? And do people need to listen to critics? I don't care what critics say because people know what they want to see. If a Napoleon Dynamite 2 comes out and all the critics say it is the best thing since Citizen Kane, I'm still not seeing it cuz it doesn't appeal to me. On the other hand if something like a Seinfeld movie were to ever come out and all the critics said it was the worst thing ever, I am still going to see it.
I don't blame Depp either. The one thing I hated about Entourage (a show that I love) is that the main character turned down a 15 million dollar movie offer because he didn't like the owner of the company. Who cares? Take his $ and go. But I will disagree with you bigmcgee on one of your points. Why do you assume people knew it was going to probably suck? Is there a rule that all new movies that are based on movies from the 1980s need to suck? And do people need to listen to critics? I don't care what critics say because people know what they want to see. If a Napoleon Dynamite 2 comes out and all the critics say it is the best thing since Citizen Kane, I'm still not seeing it cuz it doesn't appeal to me. On the other hand if something like a Seinfeld movie were to ever come out and all the critics said it was the worst thing ever, I am still going to see it.
Let me put it another way... A movie's meta critic score is going to correlate with my enjoyment of it more consistently than what you think of it will.
You're retarded.
How cool would it be to see PoTc 4 on Jesus' birthday? Pretty cool if you ask me becuase I love Jesus and I really like Captain Jack Sparrow. He is funny and yet dangerous. He's a pirate, but he isnt all bad.
jesus is a pirate?