• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

The Hudsucker ProxyI'm a sucker for anything by the Coens.
Do you have to be a "sucker for the Coens" to know that Hudsucker is one of the greatest movies of all time?

Devil's Rejects Seen this a couple times but it was on FearNet in HD and I watched it. I love this movie for many reasons. I think it has one of the most disturbing scenes in a "mainstream" horror movie.Storm WarningRented this on Saturday since I am now back in full horror mode again. Won some awards at last years Sacramento Film Festival or something and it was pretty decent. It's Australian and like many of their horror movies (see Wolf Creek) it starts out slow and then gets crazy. You gotta love a movie where a captive woman takes a metal juice cap and turns it into a weapon that she inserts in her so that when and if she gets raped...CloverfieldWe rented this just because we wanted to watch it on our new HDTV. I have to say I was surprised to actually enjoy this movie more the second time than the first time.

Devil's Rejects Seen this a couple times but it was on FearNet in HD and I watched it. I love this movie for many reasons. I think it has one of the most disturbing scenes in a "mainstream" horror movie.
The Banjo & Sullivan (Jesse Dayton) album from that movie is sweet.

TraitorGood but not great. Cheadle was very good in it, thought it moved a bit slow though. Very very middle eastern heavy.I also got American Psycho for 7.50 a couple weeks ago, I have yet to see it still. I should really get to that. (Target FTW)Oh, also got Rainman for $5.

No Reservations-I rarely watch a movie just because a certain actor is in it. I haven't even seen Mirriors even though Kiefer is in it. But I saw that No Reservations was about to start so I watched it just because of Aaron Eckhart. the movie was OK. It was a little too romantic for me, but Eckhart and Abagail Breslin were great.

I rented Speed Racer.I actually enjoyed this movie a lot, but I can see why the critics didn't like it. There was not really an established villain... the villain in the movie was corporations and corruptness in the sport, it would have been way more entertaining if one of the other racers was a main villain. Another thing that was annoying was the constant flash to the announcers in the middle of each race.Why did I enjoy it? Unique special effects that are cheesy to some people, awesome to me. It was cool watching it on my TV, but I kinda wish I saw it in the theater. No superb acting at all, just an entertaining movie with cool effects. Also it was pretty funny when Richard Roundtree said "Holy Shit" when Speed Racer approached the line in the last race.

Not sure if this is considered a movie, but I watched an Evening with Kevin Smith and damnit, it was like 3.5 hours long, it kept me up because it was interesting but I fell asleep near the end. Some of the kids that were asking questions were complete morons though.

Not sure if this is considered a movie, but I watched an Evening with Kevin Smith and damnit, it was like 3.5 hours long, it kept me up because it was interesting but I fell asleep near the end. Some of the kids that were asking questions were complete morons though.
Part of it was filmed at the University of Wyoming and I was in attendance. Oddly, I don't own the DVD of it, though. Anyway, it was the same situation if you were there live. He talked forever but you didn't really notice how long you'd been there since it was so entertaining. At one point he announced that they were about to film the "end" just for the DVD so everyone was supposed to cheer and whatnot. But he told everyone not to leave, that he would stick around and talk for as long as anyone wanted to listen. They just wanted to film the end before people got bored and left so it looked more crowded. And I agree, there were tons of idiots asking questions. Apologies if this made it on the DVD, but one young kid at UW asked Jay Mewes why he wasn't really saying anything and Mewes was like, "This is his thing, man, he's the one who talks a lot in real life. What did you expect, that I'd be up here saying 'Snootchy Bootchies' and shit?" It was great.

Watch the DVD, they jumped around from school to school so I couldn't always remember where they were at, but someone offered to suck there dicks at least 3 times. It was painfully uncomfortable to watch at times, but funny all the same.

I've never see that but I've seen an Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder.
Watch the DVD, they jumped around from school to school so I couldn't always remember where they were at, but someone offered to suck there dicks at least 3 times. It was painfully uncomfortable to watch at times, but funny all the same.
I really do need to watch that whole thing at some point. I've seen a few parts of it. The recurring annoying question at UW was after he offered to call (maybe Affleck?), people just started asking if he had (various hollywood people)'s numbers and wanting him to call them.
I've never see that but I've seen an Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder.
Even stranger than the fact that I don't have the one I was at is the fact that I do have this one.