Well,
do you disagree? here were the nominees. BEST ACTORGeorge Clooney, Michael ClaytonDaniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be BloodJohnny Depp, Sweeney ToddTommy Lee Jones, In the Valley of ElahViggo Mortensen, Eastern Promisestake DDL out and viggo would of won.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

do you disagree? here were the nominees. BEST ACTORGeorge Clooney, Michael ClaytonDaniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be BloodJohnny Depp, Sweeney ToddTommy Lee Jones, In the Valley of ElahViggo Mortensen, Eastern Promisestake DDL out and viggo would of won.
DDL was a huuuuuge favorite. We don't really know who would'f won.George Clooney (Michael Clayton) +1000Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood) -1400Johnny Depp (Sweeney Todd) +800Tommy Lee Jones (In The Valley Of Elah) +2300Viggo Mortensen (Eastern Promises) +1800
DDL was a huuuuuge favorite. We don't really know who would'f won.George Clooney (Michael Clayton) +1000Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood) -1400Johnny Depp (Sweeney Todd) +800Tommy Lee Jones (In The Valley Of Elah) +2300Viggo Mortensen (Eastern Promises) +1800
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Can you put those numbers into English for me? I can't figure what -1400 means, or what +1800 means. Yes I'm retarded.EDIT: Best I can tell, wagering $1400 on DDL would win you $100 if he wins, while wagering $100 on Viggo would win you $1800 if he wins. Is this somewhat correct?

Tim, youre on the right track.Also, I would like to believe that Clooney would have won over Depp had DDL not been in the race. Michael Clayton is fantastic, and just Clooney's taxi ride during the credits at the end should have won him strong consideration for the award.

Tim, youre on the right track.Also, I would like to believe that Clooney would have won over Depp had DDL not been in the race. Michael Clayton is fantastic, and just Clooney's taxi ride during the credits at the end should have won him strong consideration for the award.
i need to see michael clayton.
Pretty good movie, all around. Tom Wilkinson is really good and Tilda Swinton is excellent.
thanks man. yeah, im a fan of all three. i dont know why i havent seen ti yet. bah.

Sucker PunchNnnnnoooottttt gggggooooooddddd.Not good.Nt gd.ng.bleh.Was the world really waiting for a super loud movie that features the B sides from The Crow? It's good looking enough, but the lead is so bland--I can't believe her as an action hero, or as a dancing Scheherazade.The best thing I can say about it, is at least it was only two hours long.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. true classic.
"I can't swim"Shitter IslandMay be the Scorcese movie that is most like an M Night Shamalamayalamabingbong movie. Sure, some of the obviating circumstances were misleading (purposefully ambiguous misdirection), but I thought the screenplay was fairly amateurish and pain-by-numbers. DiCaprio is fine, Ruffalo is fine, as is some of the supporting cast, but did this really need to be 160 minutes long? And then the big reveal and subsequent resolution is handled in less than 5 minutes? It's like a really long joke where you see the punchline coming almost from the beginning. Reasonably well crafted in terms of filming and execution, it still comes dangerously close to overusing certain editing techniques.5.5/10
Probably that there's a thread where you could find other people's opinions on the film and perhaps discuss it with them.
Sounds reasonable. I'll put a copy of my review there, I suppose.
I was just pointing out that there was a lot of discussion about the movie that Mercury might be interested in.There was no malice.This time.
Now with improved sinisterness/sinisterity/sinisterosity...

wow, just saw Blood In Blood Out for the first time last night. Long ass movie, but really good. Couldn't believe how many actors I recognized in that movie. Recommend.

Battle: Los AngelesSurprisingly tense and well done action/war scenes, terrible script. Aliens and alien ships were cheesy. Worked a lot better as a war film in the vein of black hawk down than as an alien invasion movie. There was some very laughable dialogue, including my personal favourites: "that big one looks like their leader, so now they have leadership"(after dragging a near dead alien into their hideout)Lady:"Maybe I can help, I'm a veterenarian"It could have made a really awesome action movie if it was 80 minutes long. The last 40 minutes started to drag on a bit, and it was just too long, especially for a movie with not much of a storyline. I'm not saying there should have been a better story line, on the contrary, I appreciated that they didn't spend too much time on the 'human interest' stories, and focused most of the film on blowing shit up, I just think it was too long.Still, despite it's flaws, I can't deny that I was entertained, especially in the first half.

Country StrongReally not good. I don't like Gwyneth Paltrow--I find her irritating--but I think me not liking this movie is more than not liking her. The script is pretty bad, the singing overall is alright. It didn't feel like any one in the cast is legitimately a country music fan.Partial rewatch of ScreamI've seen all of the Scream movies, but only remember the first one with any fondness. The dialogue and clothing feel more dated than I was expecting. There's a scene early on, with all the main characters talking, and all I could do was stare at everyone's teeth. Huge choppers on this cast. I was also really happy to see Gail's camera man was a guy I recognize from Deadwood. The energy is pretty good--but this movie must have been made before digitial retouching became super cheap. All the colors look so flat and boring.HannaIt opens next week. I really really liked this movie a lot. It had all of the violence and sound and cool looking sets that I had wanted from Sucker Punch. Chemical Brothers did the music.

HannaIt opens next week. I really really liked this movie a lot. It had all of the violence and sound and cool looking sets that I had wanted from Sucker Punch. Chemical Brothers did the music.
It looked like the Bourne Identity with a girl to me.

Animal Kingdom - It's very possible my indifference to this movie was partially caused by the difference in volume level between the music/sound effects and dialogue. I was constantly adjusting the sound depending on what was happening on the screen. eh, I guess it was just ok. Winter's Bone - This movie I liked a lot. I was completely pulled in and the characters felt real to me. Catfish - Well worth watching. INSIGHT!