Red Riding Hood[\b]It's terrible, awful, really bad. There are maybe four interesting images in the movie, and of course, Amanda Seyfried looks great--I think she's one of the most photogenic young actresses.The rest of it: the movie takes place on a woodland set that looks so fake, I expected the Country Bears to pop up. The love interest is Shiloh Fernandez, a Robert Pattinson knock off--which is to say--a bucket of arm spit. The story is pretty boring, and everyone (except Gary Oldman, who's using his accent left over from Dracula) everyone is phoning it in. And Julie Christie!! You were in Dr. Zhivago!!! Why o why are you in this?Jane Eyre[\b]I saw it last month? Maybe January? I remember I liked it quite a bit. It stays pretty true to the novel, and it gave a good sense of the claustrophobic feeling isolation can bring. Fassbinder is a good brooder.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

About 10 minutes of Gulliver's Travels (missed the first 15 minutes, thank god. turned it off after he 'put out the fire'). Maybe the worst movie I've ever (incompletely) seen. I loved this review:

By Peter TraversJanuary 6, 2011In this live-action, 3D update of Jonathan's Swift's classic satire, Jack Black plays Lemuel Gulliver, a travel writer who lands in the Bermuda Triangle and finds himself among the little people. The 3D effects are beyond cheesy when they exist at all. At one point, Black puts out a fire by pissing on it. It's my job as a critic to piss on this dumb excuse for a movie. Consider it done.

About 10 minutes of Gulliver's Travels (missed the first 15 minutes, thank god. turned it off after he 'put out the fire'). Maybe the worst movie I've ever (incompletely) seen. I loved this review:

By Peter TraversJanuary 6, 2011In this live-action, 3D update of Jonathan's Swift's classic satire, Jack Black plays Lemuel Gulliver, a travel writer who lands in the Bermuda Triangle and finds himself among the little people. The 3D effects are beyond cheesy when they exist at all. At one point, Black puts out a fire by pissing on it. It's my job as a critic to piss on this dumb excuse for a movie. Consider it done.

I recall auto-panning this on a Survivor thread without having seen it. I think your review helps justify a small part of my existence.
12 Angry Men. Very excellent. Highly recommended.
I saw this in a film appreciation class. I remember loving it. I just put it on my netflix to re-watch
Fantastic movie. I actually watched it for the first time in a Negotiations course in University. It is now one of my favourite movies.

Get LowWorth seeing if only for Bobby D! That dude can act. I've loved this guy in everything I've ever seen him do. I watched The Great Santini last week which doesn't hold up worth poop but Duvall was still amazing. Lonesome Dove is in my netflix queue but I'm not sure if I'll ever get to it. IMDB says I've only seen a small fraction of his work. wowza 2011 Seven Days in Utopia (post-production)2009 Crazy Heart2009 Get Low2009 The Road2008 Four Christmases2007 We Own the Night2007 Lucky You2006 Broken Trail (TV mini-series)2005 Thank You for Smoking2005 Kicking & Screaming2003 Secondhand Lions2003 Open Range2003 Gods and Generals2002 Assassination Tango2002 John Q2000 The 6th Day2000 A Shot at Glory2000 Gone in Sixty Seconds1998 A Civil Action1998 Deep Impact1998 The Gingerbread Man1997 The Apostle1996 The Man Who Captured Eichmann (TV movie)1996 Sling Blade1996 Phenomenon1996 A Family Thing1995 The Scarlet Letter1995 The Stars Fell on Henrietta1995 Something to Talk About1994 The Paper1993 Wrestling Ernest Hemingway1993 Geronimo: An American Legend1993 Falling Down1992 The Plague1992 Newsies1991 Convicts1991 Rambling Rose1990 Days of Thunder1990 A Show of Force1990 The Handmaid's Tale1989 Lonesome Dove (TV mini-series)– Return (1989) … Augustus 'Gus' McCrae– The Plains (1989) … Augustus 'Gus' McCrae– On the Trail (1989) … Augustus 'Gus' McCrae– Leaving (1989) … Augustus 'Gus' McCrae 1988 Colors1987 Hotel Colonial1986 Let's Get Harry1986 Belizaire the Cajun1985 The Lightship1984 The Natural1984 The Stone Boy1983 The Terry Fox Story (TV movie)1983 Tender Mercies1981 The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper1981 True Confessions1980 Ike: The War Years (TV movie)1979 The Great Santini1979 Apocalypse Now1979 Ike: The War Years (TV mini-series)1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers1978 The Betsy1977 The Greatest1976 The Eagle Has Landed1976 Network1976 The Seven-Per-Cent Solution1975 The Killer Elite1975 Breakout1974 The Godfather: Part II1973 The Outfit1973 Badge 3731973 Lady Ice1972 Joe Kidd1972 The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid1972 Tomorrow1972 The Godfather1971 THX 11381971 Lawman1970 The Revolutionary1970 MASH1969 The Rain People1969 True Grit1968 Bullitt+ a whole lot of TV going back to the late 50's.

For my money, Duvall's juiciest role is Frank Hackett in Network:"I got a hit, Schumacher, andRuddy doesn’t count any more.He hoped I’d fail withthis Beale show, but I didn"t.It’s a big fat big-titted hit and I don’t haveto waffle around with Ruddy any more.If he wants to take me upbefore the CCA, let him.Think Ruddy is stupid enoughto go to the board and say"I’m taking our one hit show off the air"?Come November I’ll be there at theannual CCA management review meetingand I’ll announce projected earnings forthis network for the first time in five years.Believe me, Mr Jensen’s gonna berocking back and forth in his little chair,and he’s gonna say "That’svery good, Frank. Keep it up."So don’t have any illusions aboutwho’s running this network now.I want you outta your office before noonor I’ll have you thrown out."

I enjoyed Takers. The acting wasn't great, and I kept hoping someone would shoot Paul Walker, but it was entertaining for sure.
I saw this on Saturday night and I think it was one of the worst movies I've seen in the past year. There was zero character development, every minute it jumped to a different scene (half of them completely unnecessary and unrelated to the plot). It also had so many flaws I can't even begin to describe it. Maybe you saw something there I didn't, but I thought it was just a horribly written & directed movie. It was a heist movie with 10 cliche scenes of filler to pass the time inbetween the opening robbery and the one at the end with 5 minutes of explanation of how it was going to go down. I could go on and on but I need to stop, 2hrs of my life I'll never get back. 3/10 for cool Hollywood racing sounds as a sedan is driving at normal speeds through town.
I saw this on Saturday night and I think it was one of the worst movies I've seen in the past year. There was zero character development, every minute it jumped to a different scene (half of them completely unnecessary and unrelated to the plot). It also had so many flaws I can't even begin to describe it. Maybe you saw something there I didn't, but I thought it was just a horribly written & directed movie. It was a heist movie with 10 cliche scenes of filler to pass the time inbetween the opening robbery and the one at the end with 5 minutes of explanation of how it was going to go down. I could go on and on but I need to stop, 2hrs of my life I'll never get back. 3/10 for cool Hollywood racing sounds as a sedan is driving at normal speeds through town.
Agreed. The parkour scene was cool, the rest was thoroughly "meh".

Harry Potter 7, Part 1----B+Really good adaptation...I liked where they decided to place the break between the two movies. The few parts they slightly changed from the book I really liked. Even doing this movie in two parts doesn't really do the book justice but that's not anybody's fault.

Original or the remake?The remake was a word for word remake, which is kind of weird that someone felt the need to remake it. For crying out loud, 99% of the movie is held in one room.
Get LowWorth seeing if only for Bobby D! That dude can act. I've loved this guy in everything I've ever seen him do. I watched The Great Santini last week which doesn't hold up worth poop but Duvall was still amazing. Lonesome Dove is in my netflix queue but I'm not sure if I'll ever get to it. IMDB says I've only seen a small fraction of his work. wowza 2011 Seven Days in Utopia (post-production)2009 Crazy Heart2009 Get Low2009 The Road2008 Four Christmases2007 We Own the Night2007 Lucky You2006 Broken Trail (TV mini-series)2005 Thank You for Smoking2005 Kicking & Screaming2003 Secondhand Lions2003 Open Range2003 Gods and Generals2002 Assassination Tango2002 John Q2000 The 6th Day2000 A Shot at Glory2000 Gone in Sixty Seconds1998 A Civil Action1998 Deep Impact1998 The Gingerbread Man1997 The Apostle1996 The Man Who Captured Eichmann (TV movie)1996 Sling Blade1996 Phenomenon1996 A Family Thing1995 The Scarlet Letter1995 The Stars Fell on Henrietta1995 Something to Talk About1994 The Paper1993 Wrestling Ernest Hemingway1993 Geronimo: An American Legend1993 Falling Down1992 The Plague1992 Newsies1991 Convicts1991 Rambling Rose1990 Days of Thunder1990 A Show of Force1990 The Handmaid's Tale1989 Lonesome Dove (TV mini-series)– Return (1989) … Augustus 'Gus' McCrae– The Plains (1989) … Augustus 'Gus' McCrae– On the Trail (1989) … Augustus 'Gus' McCrae– Leaving (1989) … Augustus 'Gus' McCrae 1988 Colors1987 Hotel Colonial1986 Let's Get Harry1986 Belizaire the Cajun1985 The Lightship1984 The Natural1984 The Stone Boy1983 The Terry Fox Story (TV movie)1983 Tender Mercies1981 The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper1981 True Confessions1980 Ike: The War Years (TV movie)1979 The Great Santini1979 Apocalypse Now1979 Ike: The War Years (TV mini-series)1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers1978 The Betsy1977 The Greatest1976 The Eagle Has Landed1976 Network1976 The Seven-Per-Cent Solution1975 The Killer Elite1975 Breakout1974 The Godfather: Part II1973 The Outfit1973 Badge 3731973 Lady Ice1972 Joe Kidd1972 The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid1972 Tomorrow1972 The Godfather1971 THX 11381971 Lawman1970 The Revolutionary1970 MASH1969 The Rain People1969 True Grit1968 Bullitt+ a whole lot of TV going back to the late 50's.
Might be the best movie here.

the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia. jesus fucking christ. all I can say is that it's on netflix instant watch and you absolutely need to see this movie. timwakefield, you especially need to see this movie for your next showdown with scram. he wouldn't stand a chance.

the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia. jesus fucking christ. all I can say is that it's on netflix instant watch and you absolutely need to see this movie. timwakefield, you especially need to see this movie for your next showdown with scram. he wouldn't stand a chance.
I watched this a month or two ago, and did not enjoy it. Those people are too awful, even for a degenerate such as myself.
Without looking, that sounds like the Johnny Knoxville produced thing about some hillbilly family.
it is.
I watched this a month or two ago, and did not enjoy it. Those people are too awful, even for a degenerate such as myself.
oh no, it wasn't enjoyable at all. I mean, it actually makes you feel bad that people like that exist. the whole time I was hoping that they'd all die somehow. even the little kid. fuck that kid.