Chicago Golf Outing Part 2

Im in. I have no preference on location as long as it is like 30 minutes away from Schaumburg cause I like to drink when I golf and long hammered rides home are no good

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone here talk to Leftygolfer regularly to see if he can come respond to this thread, to make sure that day works, or if he can host the afterparty at all, so we can officially start planning that day, and how many people there will be?

I am 99% sure I will be in....

Does anyone here talk to Leftygolfer regularly to see if he can come respond to this thread, to make sure that day works, or if he can host the afterparty at all, so we can officially start planning that day, and how many people there will be?
huskers and I talk to jeff a decent amount. Jeff just moved into a new house and his fiancee just finished moving from joisey to here, so he's been busy. I can send him a link to this threadI *may* be able to hit up the after party but I can't play. I'm most likely going to be taking off of work from the 17th through the 25th for my birthday and then a trip down to peoria for a music festival, so not working 3 saturdays in a row won't fly at all
I have two ideas for locations in mind. If Jeff (leftygolfer) is willing to host the afterparty again, we should shoot for a course in that area. Obviously this can change but here are my first two thoughts. I have played both a couple of times and they are both pretty good courses, but I am not a good golfer so if those that are want to chime in with suggestions or a vote on these two, or other nearby courses, that would be great.Carraige Greens Country Club - Darien, off of 1-55 and I believe Cass Av. About $50 with cart.Oak Brook Golf Club - Oak Brook, right off of 294 and Cermak Rd (22nd St). From the website itself it looked like around $90 with cart but this site says $67. My final idea would be something like Cog Hill, but that's a bit of a hike from LaGrange.
I'm In.One other course is Willow Crest in Oak Brook, one good thing about this one would be if Lefty can't host, is that it is part of a Marriott resort and we might be able to get some sort of bar/party room conference room. Played there once and pretty nice and the bar is large.But no true preference on which course.Huskers20
Sorry...been as little busy.I would suggest Oak Brook. Carriage Greens is ok. Cog Hill gets a lot of play and is a ways from the city, but only 25 minutes from LaGrange. Oak Brook Hills...you need a hard hat, the holes are too close together. Again, I think Oak Brook GC is the best bet. Butler National is right next door.As far as hosting the poker after, I can do it. I do need to make sure there is not an event going on that day. Let me check and I will get back to here with an official ok by Wednesday. I am 90% sure we can do it.
Sorry...been as little busy.I would suggest Oak Brook. Carriage Greens is ok. Cog Hill gets a lot of play and is a ways from the city, but only 25 minutes from LaGrange. Oak Brook Hills...you need a hard hat, the holes are too close together. Again, I think Oak Brook GC is the best bet. Butler National is right next door.As far as hosting the poker after, I can do it. I do need to make sure there is not an event going on that day. Let me check WITH MY WIFE and I will get back to here with an official ok by Wednesday. I am 90% sure we can do it.
fyp
fyp
Actually, no. She will be in NJ for a wedding that weekend so I will be home with the dogs. Now, they may have a problem with me being gone all day.Worse case is we play at my house, but that would be plan D.

OK, then unless something drastic happens we are going to go for Oak Brook Golf Club. As soon as Jeff lets us know for sure that he can get the facility, we can talk about tee times and such.

Its gonna be like 40 and there will prolly be snow on the ground still. Thats my prediction anyways
Average high for that date is the mid 60's so I will flip the table if it is snowing.

Just checked my advertising schedule and I will not be able to make it May 1oth. :club: Depending on how things go I might be able to make for the poker after golf part.

when you flying into town for this? isn't there some sort of rich guy conference in chicago then?
FYP
Just checked my advertising schedule and I will not be able to make it May 1oth. :club: Depending on how things go I might be able to make for the poker after golf part.
You have to defend your title.
You have to defend your title.
I shouldn't have a problem for the poker part. We didn't start playing poker last time until 7ish correct? I'll be able to hit the road at 5-5:30pm to head to where ever we are playing and drinking. Who's gonna drive Kurt home?
I shouldn't have a problem for the poker part. We didn't start playing poker last time until 7ish correct? I'll be able to hit the road at 5-5:30pm to head to where ever we are playing and drinking. Who's gonna drive Kurt home?
LOLSolid point.

Count me in. I can drive anyone in the city.... im in Bucktown. I can also schedule a small group to golf at my club if your interested PM ME... about 150 per guest... 3 max. Butler National... you know your in.

I am pretty terrible at golf, but may is one damn fine month to enjoy a cold one on the course. In all likelihood, I'm in.
The last one was my first time ever playing on a course.So this will be my 2nd.So I'm not too great either. But shot like a 136 or something. Give or take a redo or two on the drive.
The last one was my first time ever playing on a course.So this will be my 2nd.So I'm not too great either. But shot like a 136 or something. Give or take a redo or two on the drive.
Pshhhhhhhh, I imagine that if I golf, we'll be there forever. But I still might be in. Poker definitely, this time I will try to actually win, maybe.
Who's gonna drive Kurt home?
bridget will magically appear to make sure he isn't too drunk so that he can take over someone's car
So I'm not too great either. But shot like a 136 or something. Give or take a redo or two on the drive.
and you played all 18, I quit at 15 and lost count at 150 :club:
Count me in. I can drive anyone in the city.... im in Bucktown. I can also schedule a small group to golf at my club if your interested PM ME... about 150 per guest... 3 max. Butler National... you know your in.
If your serious Im definitly in.edit: an unlike the above idiots Im pretty good