Chicago Golf Outing Part 2

Well I actually called, and not much help from the staff. They can't book out more than 7 days in advance (normal?) so I have to call back on May 3. Also, he said the price right now is "about $45 a person (with cart)". I guess that means it can change? Who knows...but at least that's the general number. Hopefully when I call on the 3rd there won't be any problems.
Hmmm... $45....$150.Yeah, it's close.Vegas is a rip.
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to Vegas this weekend but I'm down to play anytime I'm home. Is anyone here a member to a Chicagoland course? If not, where do you guys like to play? I haven't played much in Chicago but I want to try to improve my game a bunch this summer (currently ~25 handicap)....

I just want to get my game somewhere near passable, lol.But I was thinking about getting a basic set of clubs for myself so I don't have to borrow anymore.Was thinking about these... cheap, but seem like they'll do the job, and Amazon reviews were good...http://www.amazon.com/Inferno-Complete-Men...476&sr=1-17Thoughts?I can basically get this set, with 24 balls, tees and shipping for like 130 or so.

I just want to get my game somewhere near passable, lol.But I was thinking about getting a basic set of clubs for myself so I don't have to borrow anymore.Was thinking about these... cheap, but seem like they'll do the job, and Amazon reviews were good...http://www.amazon.com/Inferno-Complete-Men...476&sr=1-17Thoughts?I can basically get this set, with 24 balls, tees and shipping for like 130 or so.
your better off going to a play it again sports and getting a used set then buying some cheap ass ones.
your better off going to a play it again sports and getting a used set then buying some cheap ass ones.
I can't see them being this cheap though, even used.Edit: Though there is one that isn't too far away, maybe I'll go check it out before i decide.
I can't see them being this cheap though, even used.
im not sure, i have never been to one. But Im sure you could get something better than that for 150 even if they are used. Those infernos are made very cheap and usually beginner golfers(like myself) will try and swing as hard as they can and that is not good for cheap made clubs. I have seen many times at the driving range the head of a club flying off farther than the ball. Id just go check it out before you buy those.
im not sure, i have never been to one. But Im sure you could get something better than that for 150 even if they are used. Those infernos are made very cheap and usually beginner golfers(like myself) will try and swing as hard as they can and that is not good for cheap made clubs. I have seen many times at the driving range the head of a club flying off farther than the ball. Id just go check it out before you buy those.
I've also rented clubs at the range and had heads fly off... one of them was a Nike, lol.The other ones I saw at Dick's were around $130 before tax, and while I don't know if they're any better... I would semi trust them not to sell complete junk. But really, I'm also going off the reviews, which seem pretty positive.
Go to 2nd swing, its all used golf equipment. Most of it is name brand too, golf is a sport where the quality of your equipment can make a big difference.
ends in 6 hours.http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Golf-Club-Set_W0Q...1QQcmdZViewItemnot sure about what clubs they are though. The driver isnt bad thougharmour irons and decent driverhttp://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-SET-OF-GREAT-...1QQcmdZViewItemthere is some other ones on there also
Not bad, I looked on ebay earlier, but I guess not hard enough... most of what I saw was still pretty expensive.
Go to 2nd swing, its all used golf equipment. Most of it is name brand too, golf is a sport where the quality of your equipment can make a big difference.
Except at this point... I'm still pretty far from the equipment making any difference. I have also read that beginner sets might be more forgiving than higher end ones. I tried 2ndswings's site, but it seems like it's only for Minnesota or something... but I know we have them here, what up w/ that?
Bump cause this is too many pages deep and my new clubs are in transit. WEEEEEE!
I just got my clubs back from my buddy whos car I left them in after a round and a...um....few (?) cocktails in the clubhouse afterwards. So I too am ready.I wasn't in your group last year Kurt but from what I remember you didn't know how to play? Not an insult or a joke but a serious question.
I just got my clubs back from my buddy whos car I left them in after a round and a...um....few (?) cocktails in the clubhouse afterwards. So I too am ready.I wasn't in your group last year Kurt but from what I remember you didn't know how to play? Not an insult or a joke but a serious question.
No, it was my first time on a course, lol.But it wasn't totally hopeless. Did better than Keith :club: (135-140ish and got a bit better as I went.)
do we have 12 yet? I have a buddy that would play. He would be down for the poker afterwards as well
Pretty sure the count is accurate on the front page, whatever it is. PM leftygolfer to check on outsiders though.

Pretty sure the work seminar I was supposed to go to this week, but couldn't because my flight was cancelled, is rescheduled for May 5-9. More than likely, I will be back on the 9th in the evening. I'll keep you posted.

Pretty sure the work seminar I was supposed to go to this week, but couldn't because my flight was cancelled, is rescheduled for May 5-9. More than likely, I will be back on the 9th in the evening. I'll keep you posted.
Quit IMO
Its cute how you talk like we give a shit whether or not you can make it. Just get us some tee times beeotch