It's odd how drastically advertising and the social morays of advertised products has changed.I remember when I was in junior high (or so) there was a huge flap over the fact that a bra company was going to start using live models in television commercials.I personally didn't think it was that big of a deal, but it was talked about as if it were some sort of earth shaking new direction.Tonight I just saw an ad on tv for the Trojan fingertip vibrator.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys take your TOP's very seriously.

It's odd how drastically advertising and the social morays of advertised products has changed.I remember when I was in junior high (or so) there was a huge flap over the fact that a bra company was going to start using live models in television commercials.I personally didn't think it was that big of a deal, but it was talked about as if it were some sort of earth shaking new direction.Tonight I just saw an ad on tv for the Trojan fingertip vibrator.
Dave and I were talking about how much tv has changed over the years, just the other day. We saw a commercial for a prime time show about swingers. It's like we're in Europe! I think it's a sign that we, as a nation, are becoming less prudish.
Moving to my new apartment tomorrow, will be a week before I get internet/TV so I won't be around. <3 you all!
bought usb wireless adaptor, stealing internet from neighbors until i get it set up
Wow good times and congrats. Did you find a nice place in Prineville?
wtf is Prineville?
wtf is Prineville?
That awesome place in Oregon you played teh pokah tournament at. Post-graduation booze blurring your short term memory?BTW- I'm playing a couple of tourneys at Spirit Mountain this week. $330 Terminator tourney in 6 hours (50 bucks per knockout). Fairly deepstacked, by online standards. 20 minute levels, blinds go up like 5/10, 10/20, 15/30, 20/40, 30/60, 40/80, 50/100, etc... so it'll be fun.. Should be 200+ entrants. I'll fill in the details tonight if I win some cabbage. Almost played in the HORSE one last night, but it was a rebuy.. whothef*ck makes a fixed limit horse tourney a rebuy? Like Stud Hi and LHE aren't close enough to checkers as it is..I imagine the overlay is quite nice, but something just didn't set right with me about the whole thing.

Hey Cappy have you ever been to Crater lake? If so could you provide any details of what its like, camping/lodges etc. I have always wanted to go and I just read another little blurb on there.

That awesome place in Oregon you played teh pokah tournament at. Post-graduation booze blurring your short term memory?BTW- I'm playing a couple of tourneys at Spirit Mountain this week. $330 Terminator tourney in 6 hours (50 bucks per knockout). Fairly deepstacked, by online standards. 20 minute levels, blinds go up like 5/10, 10/20, 15/30, 20/40, 30/60, 40/80, 50/100, etc... so it'll be fun.. Should be 200+ entrants. I'll fill in the details tonight if I win some cabbage. Almost played in the HORSE one last night, but it was a rebuy.. whothef*ck makes a fixed limit horse tourney a rebuy? Like Stud Hi and LHE aren't close enough to checkers as it is..I imagine the overlay is quite nice, but something just didn't set right with me about the whole thing.
no, that was uhhh, pendleton.
no, that was uhhh, pendleton.
Heh. Trick question: if you've been to Pendleton, you've been to Prineville. Sister cities from a whore of a mother.If you want to be scared further, Prineville is a more rural/redneck version of Pendleton. True story.
Hey Cappy have you ever been to Crater lake? If so could you provide any details of what its like, camping/lodges etc. I have always wanted to go and I just read another little blurb on there.
Last time I was at Crater Lake I was.. um.. about nine years old. It's a great spot, just not a whole lot else around. If I were you I'd hit Tahoe or Big Bear, unless you were headed this way anyways.

i assume we have at least one sandlotion in vegas this month. i have a mission for you.buy the largest, cheapest t-shirt you can find. buy a black marker. autograph the t-shirt.it feels (as i go over the best scenarios in my head) like having a 2nd person along will work best. take the t-shirt in one hand and the marker in the other, and approach a poker pro. your friend should be tagging along somewhat reluctantly. tell the pro that you've seen them on tv and love how they play.initially hold the two items like every other autograph seeker. then hold out the shirt. as they reach for it, shove it in their hands and say, "you're a great player. i autographed this t-shirt fo you." then walk away. at this point your friend, following, should loudly say, "i am SURE you're doing this wrong...."

for no reason whatsoever, I'm putting a 'nod from a fruit or a vegetable that grows like a fruit' on a gift wishlist

i assume we have at least one sandlotion in vegas this month. i have a mission for you.buy the largest, cheapest t-shirt you can find. buy a black marker. autograph the t-shirt.it feels (as i go over the best scenarios in my head) like having a 2nd person along will work best. take the t-shirt in one hand and the marker in the other, and approach a poker pro. your friend should be tagging along somewhat reluctantly. tell the pro that you've seen them on tv and love how they play.initially hold the two items like every other autograph seeker. then hold out the shirt. as they reach for it, shove it in their hands and say, "you're a great player. i autographed this t-shirt fo you." then walk away. at this point your friend, following, should loudly say, "i am SURE you're doing this wrong...."
it should be a black t-shirtI'm here all weekstarbuck.jpg

a black shirt would be too masturbatorily amusing. this isn't about being the only one who knows that you really did sign the black shirt with a black marker. i sort of want the autograph to be large and obvious. the sandlotion could possibly use handwriting one might expect from a grade schooler.a quick flick to unfold the shirt for display to the pro before shoving it in their hands might be nice, too, if there are enough people around to see the sloppily written autograph.

HIHIIHIHIomg HIhii drunk
Yes, Christian, it was me. Sorry I didn't get back to you. My weekend got very busy very quickly. Basement flooding and power outages can really take a beautiful weekend and turn it to crap.Friday at lunch, though, I was having a beer from a microbrew and you were one of the people I thought of.
'lo dere.How ya livin?
Living decently. Been taking a break from the old crap, just started relaxing. Things have started going good.Work's been decent, although I've had some BS over the last couple weeks at work with a bleeding cuntress of manager giving me crap incessantly. Luckily, she only works two midnight shifts a week, on a fixed schedule, so I just changed my availability so that I don't have to work with her anymore. Problem solved.Dating someone. Thinking about doing a micro challenge, nothing serious, just playing for the crap of it.Back to writing. Listening to the Wings game right now.Getting ready for yet another trip to Chicago. Hopefully this will turn out better than the one in '07.
Living decently. Been taking a break from the old crap, just started relaxing. Things have started going good.Work's been decent, although I've had some BS over the last couple weeks at work with a bleeding cuntress of manager giving me crap incessantly. Luckily, she only works two midnight shifts a week, on a fixed schedule, so I just changed my availability so that I don't have to work with her anymore. Problem solved.Dating someone. Thinking about doing a micro challenge, nothing serious, just playing for the crap of it.Back to writing. Listening to the Wings game right now.Getting ready for yet another trip to Chicago. Hopefully this will turn out better than the one in '07.
Realzie this: It *has* to work out better. It's an absolute freeroll, no?Glad to hear your seeing someone. Women are the cause of much of our stress, but they do give our lives meaning. Lord help us if we had to motivate ourselves all the time <laugh>.
Back to writing. Listening to the Wings game right now.
Hey Corey, let's go Wings!
Yes, Christian, it was me. Sorry I didn't get back to you. My weekend got very busy very quickly. Basement flooding and power outages can really take a beautiful weekend and turn it to crap.Friday at lunch, though, I was having a beer from a microbrew and you were one of the people I thought of.
<3...i knew it had to be you...u the only woman i know in Indiana, lol
Hey Corey, let's go Wings!
no