Shooting At My School

thanks for all the kind words everybodyThe one thing that I am really pissed about is that for the last 5 hours or so, I have been hearing people bitch about our security and needing a better defense for this type of thing, when the truth is how do u prepare for this? You can't, really. My take on this is you can't prevent shit like this. If some psycho decides to just put a gun under their coat or in their bookbag, you can't stop or prepare for that. I am soo sick of hearing people, parents especially bashing our school because of this terrible event. I think it is very unfortunate that something like this happened but in reality, you can't prevent or stop things like this. We live in a very sick world, and everyday I think less of us as a society. QFT
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear this happened. So many people in the world that can't seem to deal with their problems except with a gun and taking people out with them. It's sick. And so sad to lose so many young people this way. And the OP is correct, there is no way to prevent this from happening short of having metal detectors at every door on campus.

thanks for all the kind words everybodyThe one thing that I am really pissed about is that for the last 5 hours or so, I have been hearing people bitch about our security and needing a better defense for this type of thing, when the truth is how do u prepare for this?My take on this is you can't prevent shit like this. If some psycho decides to just put a gun under their coat or in their bookbag, you can't stop or prepare for that. I am soo sick of hearing people, parents especially bashing our school because of this terrible event. I think it is very unfortunate that something like this happened but in reality, you can't prevent or stop things like this. We live in a very sick world, and everyday I think less of us as a society.
If just one of those students in the audience was a certified/trained gun owner the outcome would have been much different.
If just one of those students in the audience was a certified/trained gun owner the outcome would have been much different.
YES! I just had a feeling of "maybe not all people are lost".Take 911. If everyone had been given a gun on that plane, do you really think some towel heads are going to try to storm the place?Gun laws only inhibit the good guys. They take the power out of the good hands, and place them right into the hands of the bad people.If criminals wont obey laws against rape, assault, robbery and murder, what makes you think they will obey a gun law?
YES! I just had a feeling of "maybe not all people are lost".Take 911. If everyone had been given a gun on that plane, do you really think some towel heads are going to try to storm the place?Gun laws only inhibit the good guys. They take the power out of the good hands, and place them right into the hands of the bad people.If criminals wont obey laws against rape, assault, robbery and murder, what makes you think they will obey a gun law?
-rollseyesagain- There's some warped views of reality on this message board tonight.
Warped, or different?If you don't see the logic in that arguement...
LOL. The guy talking about anyone being able to carry a gun anywhere they please, including flights, is mentioning logic! Not going to argue with you, since it's obv. not worth it. Carry on....back to the subject at hand.
alright guys the update now is everyone I know is ok and all my brothers of my fraternity are fine too. Unfortunately two freshman girls from a sorority close to ours are in critical condition, and also a Pike, my age that a few of my friends know has been pronounced dead. Things seem to be getting worse as more info is being announced.
Sorry to hear. I just graduated from Eastern Illinois and was a Pike there. Tough to hear about a brother going down. Also a lady I work with her son was in the lecture but got out ok. Crazy world we live in...
LOL. The guy talking about anyone being able to carry a gun anywhere they please, including flights, is mentioning logic! Not going to argue with you, since it's obv. not worth it. Carry on....back to the subject at hand.
Why have you automatically classed me as a loon. I am perfectly happy to have a civil discussion about it.How is being able to carry a gun on board a plane insane?Just think. Bad people won't even try to hijack it, if they think there is a good chance that they will be gunned down before they can show the bomb.Good people won't want to use the weapon, because they are good people.And the majority of the world are very, very good people. Doing this would put the power back into the right hands, and keep it out of the wrong hands.
Why have you automatically classed me as a loon. I am perfectly happy to have a civil discussion about it.How is being able to carry a gun on board a plane insane?Just think. Bad people won't even try to hijack it, if they think there is a good chance that they will be gunned down before they can show the bomb.Good people won't want to use the weapon, because they are good people.And the majority of the world are very, very good people. Doing this would put the power back into the right hands, and keep it out of the wrong hands.
Im not on either side of this debate, just asking what makes you think that only 'good' people will end up with guns on planesin your plan? You are trying to say allowing passengers (terrorists are passengers first) to take guns onto a plane will make it harder for them to hijack it???All it will change is they will just have to outgun the other passengers with higher powered, automatic weapons instead of box cutters. Gunfights on planes are -EV BTW.
Im not on either side of this debate, just asking what makes you think that only 'good' people will end up with guns on planesin your plan? You are trying to say allowing passengers (terrorists are passengers first) to take guns onto a plane will make it harder for them to hijack it???All it will change is they will just have to outgun the other passengers with higher powered, automatic weapons instead of box cutters. Gunfights on planes are -EV BTW.
Not to necessarily outgun them, but as a deterrent factor. Do you really think those monsters would have tried to kill thosepeople, if they KNOW people are carrying guns?@ Don Giovanni- Gun Control doesn't work! If you read my post somewhere up there ^^^ (or on the page behind this one), if a criminal is goingto disobey laws against rape, assualt, burglery and murder, what chance do you think he/she would obey a law against carrying a gun?A criminal is going to break the law, that is what a criminal does. If he cannot legally obtain a gun, he will just go down to the corner where his localcriminal is selling.Where does that leave us? The "good guys". We are not going to break the law's against guns (for what reason, I have no idea), so that leavesus as sitting ducks.EDIT:Onto "gun free zones". A large majority of these school shootings happened in "gun free zones". You know why? Because no one in thosezones have guns! They cannot defend themselfs. No one that is except for the criminal, as stated above, if a criminal is goingto disobey laws against rape, assualt, burglery and murder, what chance do you think he/she would obey a law against carrying a gun?
Not to necessarily outgun them, but as a deterrent factor. Do you really think those monsters would have tried to kill thosepeople, if they KNOW people are carrying guns?
Yes I do, seeing as they WILL be carrying guns and there is only a chance that the other passengers will be carrying them too.

So sad another tragedy like this has taken place. Situations like these obviously lead to discussion pertaining to gun laws etc but imo it is absolutely tasteless to find this being a place for bigoted comments such as "towel heads" as these comments have no place in this tragedy and serve no positive purpose in any discussion. Op my thoughts go out to you and everyone on your campus what a horrible senseless ordeal to have to go through.

Yes I do, seeing as they WILL be carrying guns and there is only a chance that the other passengers will be carrying them too.
It is going to take a complete retard to attempt to hijack a plane, when there are 300 million guns in america in the people's hands.Give these gunholders the freedom to carry these on board? Of course people will carry.To add onto that, these terrorists are not stupid. They are very evil, yes, but incredibly smart too.To plan something like this takes a special someone. Except of course if you are talking about this idiotwho failed to light a match, not once, but twice in order to blow up a blomb that was hidden in his shoes.EDIT: to ^^^ when I say towel head, I am not talking about a certain race. That would be unacceptable, and something Iam very much against. Hating someone because they are of a certain race is not acceptable. Towel head is a reference to a religious person.There is nothing wrong with attacking someone because they are of a religion that promotes violence against women, and killing non believers.
EDIT: to ^^^ when I say towel head, I am not talking about a certain race. That would be unacceptable, and something Iam very much against. Hating someone because they are of a certain race is not acceptable. Towel head is a reference to a religious person.There is nothing wrong with attacking someone because they are of a religion that promotes violence against women, and killing non believers.
lol Was that you trying to show you ARENT ignorant?
lol Was that you trying to show you ARENT ignorant?
What was ignorant about that? Tell me what is wrong about that?Being racist is one thing, but attacking a certain EVIL group of people for their insane and evil beliefs is another.Do you think people attacking the Church of $cientology is wrong?