two plus two wins

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it pretty hard to believe that any decent 2+2 poster would come post something like this. Probably somebody frustrated about his 'small sample size'. It's ok, you'll get your allowance this Saturday.

Someone will ultimately respond; so in an effort to curb that......Consider this thread hijacked!So, what are everyone's thoughts on the NFL draft? Being from the relative DC area; I would consider myself a Skin's fan; and though I've heard the front office's explaination of trading up for Jason Campbell; well, I cant understand it quite frankly. Opinions? thoughts? comments? How do you feel your team made out in the draft? I know we have to have some hardcore NFL people out there

I'm a 49ers fan... I'm just pissed because if we just drafted Braylon Edwards first overall we could have easily trade up to like the 21st spot and got Aaron Rodgers. We could have had the 2nd and 3rd players on our board but got stuck with expensive ass Alex Smith and his stupid sideburns!

I'm a 49ers fan... I'm just censored because if we just drafted Braylon Edwards first overall we could have easily trade up to like the 21st spot and got Aaron Rodgers. We could have had the 2nd and 3rd players on our board but got stuck with expensive ass Alex Smith and his stupid sideburns!
Thats a very good take on that lrlslo. And I know alot of columnists and what not were predicting Aaron Rogers to take a slide. If you think about that, going somewhere else with the first pick would have made alot of sense for them even if they couldn't trade up to take Rogers. Many teams have proven (i.e. the 2000 Ravens; I hope I got that year right) that you don't need a franchise quarterback to win. If you surround a servicible quarterback (i.e. the 2000 Ravens QB Trent Dilfer) with the right weapons you can win. Giving ANY quarterback a target like Braylon Edwards would've been a smarter move in my opinion. But then again, I'm not a GM. What the hell do I know? *lol*
So, what are everyone's thoughts on the NFL draft? Being from the relative DC area; I would consider myself a Skin's fan; and though I've heard the front office's explaination of trading up for Jason Campbell; well, I cant understand it quite frankly.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by both of your first round draft picks. But, I graduated from Auburn so I may be a bit biased. Just to let you know I'm fair, I will say that whoever drafted Carnell Williams at 5 is probably going to be very disappointed. I think he was way over-rated. But, Ronnie Brown is the real deal.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by both of your first round draft picks. But, I graduated from Auburn so I may be a bit biased. Just to let you know I'm fair, I will say that whoever drafted Carnell Williams at 5 is probably going to be very disappointed. I think he was way over-rated. But, Ronnie Brown is the real deal.
Agree entirely sir. I was never highly impressed with Cadillac and Ronnie Brown is an absolute stud. I also loved watching Campbell play (I am a huge football fan). He's definately a great quarterback. But why lose picks to trade up to get him when you already have Patrick Ramsey in place? Quarterback of the future! 'Ello? Vinny Cerrato is a tool.I can expect good things out of Carlos Rogers though? I don't know a thing about him.

Living up in Michigan now, all I hear about is the Lions. Everyone seemed to be thoroughly confused by the Mike Williams pick. Guess he was just too good to let slip another pick. I have heard some ridiculous things from co-workers , that the Lions will go 11-5 or 10-6. Pretty laughable. 8-8 would be very lucky.I am from Indianapolis though, and I think they had an OK draft. Lord knows that they need some defensive help, a good CB, and Marlin Jackson might be what we need. Of course we are about to make a play for Ty Law, so this could be a very improved D coming into next year. Maybe we can actually beat New England for once.

im a philly fan so im a little worried right now. TO holding out, westbrook holding out, simon holding out and mcnabb and TO pissed at each other. hopefully everything comes together in time for the season to start.

As hard as the Pack is going to suck it this year, and maybe for a couple of years, Aaron Rodgers will go down as the steal of the decade :club:

So, what are everyone's thoughts on the NFL draft? Being from the relative DC area; I would consider myself a Skin's fan; and though I've heard the front office's explaination of trading up for Jason Campbell; well, I cant understand it quite frankly.
I hope you're wrong about Carnell, Buccaneers drafted him. :cry: But it wouldn't surprise me, with the exception of Clayton last year the first round picks have all pretty much bombed since Sapp.
Someone will ultimately respond; so in an effort to curb that......Consider this thread hijacked!So, what are everyone's thoughts on the NFL draft? Being from the relative DC area; I would consider myself a Skin's fan; and though I've heard the front office's explaination of trading up for Jason Campbell; well, I cant understand it quite frankly. Opinions? thoughts? comments? How do you feel your team made out in the draft? I know we have to have some hardcore NFL people out there
Jason cambell will excell in the NFL.. he didnt always look good at auburn but this last season when people shut down the run he blew them up with his arm. and he is def better then mark brunell
Agree entirely sir. I was never highly impressed with Cadillac and Ronnie Brown is an absolute stud. I also loved watching Campbell play (I am a huge football fan). He's definately a great quarterback. But why lose picks to trade up to get him when you already have Patrick Ramsey in place? Quarterback of the future! 'Ello? Vinny Cerrato is a tool.I can expect good things out of Carlos Rogers though? I don't know a thing about him.
Now this i have to disagree with.. I to went to auburn. War Eagle!!!!!!! but i did watch carnell play and i have talked to him... real sharp guy when it comes to football anything else this kid aint so bright if u know what i mean. But he knows football and he will excell in john grudens offense. He is a home run threat out of the backfield. any time u give him the ball he can break off that long run.. He is a durability concern though...............Ohh BTW.... Bengals got the deal of the draft in david pollack at 17 that kid is gonna be good...

I'm sorry but I am not convinced that Braylon Edwards was a good choice for Cleveland. Recievers are only as good as the person passing them the ball. Braylon Edwards just looks like a Peter Warrick to me. They should have traded down and picked up a linebacker or a cornerback and got a couple of 2nd or 3rd rounders to bolster the D if they didn't want Rodgers at number 3.P.S. I like the Cowboys idea. They can't score but they're going to make sure nobody scores on them. Their D is much improved because of the draft. They're going to play D and run the ball. Sounds simple and effective.

... real sharp guy when it comes to football anything else this kid aint so bright if u know what i mean.
made evident by his great quote on draft day after being picked after his "backup" Brown, " He may have won the war, but the battle is not over yet" or somethign like that......hilarious
I'm sorry but I am not convinced that Braylon Edwards was a good choice for Cleveland. Recievers are only as good as the person passing them the ball. Braylon Edwards just looks like a Peter Warrick to me. They should have traded down and picked up a linebacker or a cornerback and got a couple of 2nd or 3rd rounders to bolster the D if they didn't want Rodgers at number 3.P.S. I like the Cowboys idea. They can't score but they're going to make sure nobody scores on them. Their D is much improved because of the draft. They're going to play D and run the ball. Sounds simple and effective.
It wasnt he is getting thrown to by trent dilfer for god sakes... IF its brown. FLush it down...... they are gonna have some ruff times for the next ohh i would say at least half a decade....... There last 4 First round draft picks have all been busts so braylen is going to be #5 look at the track record for michagen recievers.. its not very good
anyone else find it funny that Heismann trophy winner Jason White is not being invited to the Chiefs camp? lol.
He got invited to the 3 day rookie camp over the weekend, but is NOT being given a contract offer to come to camp.And, yes, I find it VERY funny, cause I was never a fan of his.