Benazir Bhutto Assasinated

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as security measures, I agree with you to the extent that we are not good enough at it. You know who rules at it? Israelis. They are the masters of security. Of course, we would have to trample on a civil liberty here or there, but hey, whatever. I see what you are saying, though, there is some show to what we do now.
You're a conservative? Have you forgotten one of the most basic quotes of freedom?"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither and will have none" Benjamin FranklinThose who fought for our freedom in the Revolutionary War weren't dreaming up ways to secure the country. Of course, you knew that.Edit: Though... what do YOU mean when you imply civil liberty.....................?
this is crazy!would not be surprised to find out that mushaeff (sp?) is behind it, he's a brutal dictaor. and thereby the US is also guilty, they have propped up and supported this guy, even after what he has done recently..
You are so wrong I don't know where to begin.
You're a conservative? Have you forgotten one of the most basic quotes of freedom?"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither and will have none" Benjamin FranklinThose who fought for our freedom in the Revolutionary War weren't dreaming up ways to secure the country. Of course, you knew that.Edit: Though... what do YOU mean when you imply civil liberty.....................?
There is idealistic and then there is realistic. We cannot fight every battle so to speak. As far as security goes, well, to listen to Ol Ben we wouldn't have a need for a police force, or border patrol. Security is an issue everywhere. There is a reason we get patted down on the way in to a concert, reasonable people have decided that guns really have no place at a rock concert. I would say one civil liberty that comes to mind is the ability to go freely, anybody, any color, unimpeded. That being said, if a certain look or nationality or color, body temperature, heart rate says possible terrorist, by all means detain that person. If we are wrong, sorry. Enjoy the fact that you can yell about it later. I feel that the whole racial profiling thing is flat out neccesary, and is being done anyway thank God. I see an angry looking guy who is of possible middle eastern descent whos body scan shows a heart rate above normal, and he is sweating, and so on and son , I have no problem with him not being allowed on a plane, or even a bus, whatever. I hear people complain about security and it cracks me up. I deal with security in this manner. I say thank you, because the job is largely thankless- the general assmunchedness of the common man assures that.
It's doable. The technology is out there to do it. However, it has to be more than just a tourist attraction, it has got to built up to be economically viable, and I have found from the things I have seen so far, the majority do not want that. They want subsidized, they want there ghettos and projects back. I think it's smart for the government to just say, "No." You're an absolute drain, and this hurricane has been a blessing in disguise, because it forced you to get off your butt and DO something. That's a whole other thread, but it is one of the few things I believe that the Bush administration has done right, for a myriad of reasons.
I mean, it's an ecologically unsound region and we've been doing shit to screw with the delta to try to save it for the last 50 years or so. What needs to happen before we realize that people shouldn't live (and expect government aid) in places that have high risk for natural disaster? Scram had a thread about this a while ago.
I would say one civil liberty that comes to mind is the ability to go freely, anybody, any color, unimpeded. That being said, if a certain look or nationality or color, body temperature, heart rate says possible terrorist, by all means detain that person. If we are wrong, sorry. Enjoy the fact that you can yell about it later. I feel that the whole racial profiling thing is flat out neccesary, and is being done anyway thank God. I see an angry looking guy who is of possible middle eastern descent whos body scan shows a heart rate above normal, and he is sweating, and so on and son , I have no problem with him not being allowed on a plane, or even a bus, whatever. I hear people complain about security and it cracks me up. I deal with security in this manner. I say thank you, because the job is largely thankless- the general assmunchedness of the common man assures that.
You are mixing psychological and racial profiling, so I guess we should be glad that you're half there. I don't complain and get obstinate at the airport, but it irks me that I'm removing my shoes, taking my laptop out of its case, etc. etc. for a goddamn show. It's a leech on our economy and it does nothing to make travel safer. Put an air marshal with a gun on every plane, do the basic x-ray and metal detector scans, but give me a break with the shoe removal/liquid confiscation/etc. All of that is wholly unnecessary and purely a reaction to one-time, retarded terrorist attempts.
Thank you. I saw red and couldn't even reply to that dim witted response of his.
listen, i already beat u like a rented mule in another thread, looks like i will have to put u (and others) in their place once again:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071228/ap_en_tv/bhutto_blitzer"Bhutto, who was assassinated on Thursday, wrote to Blitzer that if anything happened to her, "I would hold (Pakistani President Pervez) Musharraf responsible."
I mean, it's an ecologically unsound region and we've been doing shit to screw with the delta to try to save it for the last 50 years or so. What needs to happen before we realize that people shouldn't live (and expect government aid) in places that have high risk for natural disaster? Scram had a thread about this a while ago.You are mixing psychological and racial profiling, so I guess we should be glad that you're half there. I don't complain and get obstinate at the airport, but it irks me that I'm removing my shoes, taking my laptop out of its case, etc. etc. for a goddamn show. It's a leech on our economy and it does nothing to make travel safer. Put an air marshal with a gun on every plane, do the basic x-ray and metal detector scans, but give me a break with the shoe removal/liquid confiscation/etc. All of that is wholly unnecessary and purely a reaction to one-time, retarded terrorist attempts.
That's what I am saying- it needs to be a mix of both. They could do a quick body scan, and if a white dude in a tank top and his backwards is with a hot chick, his heart rate being up may be the fact that he is expecting to join the mile high club. A combination of things is better, that being said, if you look like the unabomber, maybe you shouldn't look like that? or at least while you travel. I travel. When I do, I know where every brownish person is sitting. I can do a scan and know what that brown is with my own eyes, mexican, arab, asian, etc. If 2 or 3 of them are up at the same time, by george I will probably notice that, and it is purely based on color. There is nothing wrong with that, hell it's smart. Racial profiling has it's place, I really believe that. It's just a matter of how far we take it. If the problem were mainly purple people, purple people could still travel, they may just have to take an extra step or two to prove that they are in fact a decent purple person. That should be o.k. with the purple people- purple people should realize that right now, there is a big group of purple people doing bad shit.
listen, i already beat u like a rented mule in another thread, looks like i will have to put u (and others) in their place once again:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071228/ap_en_tv/bhutto_blitzer"Bhutto, who was assassinated on Thursday, wrote to Blitzer that if anything happened to her, "I would hold (Pakistani President Pervez) Musharraf responsible."
That's nice. She could be wrong, and from the looks of it so far, probably is. I could write a letter to Wolf Blitzer telling him to look to Ronald Mc Donald when I die, that doesn't mean Ronnie did it. Even if Ronnie didn't like me, doesn't mean Ronnie did it. Ronnie could have even said in a public form that he wanted to kill me- doesn't mean Ronnie did it. And, if Ronnie did do it, just because he is a friend of the Bush administration doesn't make them inherently responsible.
Wrong againhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...7183843,00.html
Pakistan's government announced it had evidence that an al-Qaida operative was behind the assassination of Benazir Bhutto
Wow, you couldn't be wronger about everything if you tried.I mean wow are you always wrong.Notice that that was not followed by a question mark as in Are you wrong?, no it was a period as in You are wrong.

I'm too lazy to read thread or any informed articles on the situation.Could someone recapp for me, was Benazhir a nie lady? I got the impression she was a freedom fighter that was not corrupt and an all round solid person.Tskillz said somewhere she was more corrupt than Musharaf.WHAT SHOULD I BELIEVE!!

Wrong againhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...7183843,00.htmlWow, you couldn't be wronger about everything if you tried.I mean wow are you always wrong.Notice that that was not followed by a question mark as in Are you wrong?, no it was a period as in You are wrong.
"Pakistan's government..."all that needs to be said. i suggest u research what exactly this gov. has been doing, etc.
I just want to know how All_in feels about America. can't quite get a good read.
as a poker player i take that as a compliment!i like america, the PEOPLE are generally nice.the fed. gov, and not just the repub. (yet balloonguy and the other guy seem to like to insert 'Bush' into anything i post), are not the most honourable of people. i strongly disagree with a lot of their foreign policy, and esp. their thirst for war. it is always the poorest of the poor in this world who are victimized by them.
I'm too lazy to read thread or any informed articles on the situation.Could someone recapp for me, was Benazhir a nie lady? I got the impression she was a freedom fighter that was not corrupt and an all round solid person.Tskillz said somewhere she was more corrupt than Musharaf.WHAT SHOULD I BELIEVE!!
Bhutto is ridiculous corrupt. She laundered like 25% of Pakistan's national income to her lawyers and other Swiss accounts. She was kicked out of govt twice for corruption. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto There's some info in there on it from wikipedia.
Bhutto is ridiculous corrupt. She laundered like 25% of Pakistan's national income to her lawyers and other Swiss accounts. She was kicked out of govt twice for corruption. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto There's some info in there on it from wikipedia.
On the other hand, show me a politician that isn't corrupt....
Sounds like a guy I heard of once who was a governor in Arkansas..
Sounds like a guy I heard of once who was a governor in Arkansas..
Why? Did she also murder several people?