Benazir Bhutto Assasinated

Here is why we shouldn't help others the way that we are:A) We are not the world policeB ) We are not the moral policeC ) We are spending billions of dollars on an unjustified warD ) We are spending thousands of lives on an unjustified warE ) There are more peaceful ways of dealing with terrorists (think Iran & North Korea)Just tell me what would have happened had we not invaded Iraq. Yes that is a vague question because we will never know but seriously would we still be on a nation building agenda. I highly doubt it. You have been brainwashed by the bush administration that this is what jesus would do so we should instantly support it.Well i for one call bull shit
A. Actually we very much are, glad it's us and not the CommiesB. We share this with a few other good countriesC. Define justifiedD. Only because we are such a compassionate people, we could have sat outside and bombed each village to the ground with very very few coalition casualtiesE. Who started the shooting?
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I thought that the Air Force Aim High thing was always a good ideal. I realize that in my battle to keep my daughter from ****ing losers along the way she will probably **** some losers. That doesn't mean I am not going to try and stop the loser ****ing cycle.
so, you can then justify killing those whom you call losers but who your daughter actually thinks is the next best thing since sliced bread ... interesting!
okay, but my ideals are still my ideals so i will go ahead and sit in the discussion.because without discussion how can we truly be sane
I love everyone at the table, and the debate is always fun, as long as we all love each other after we accuse each other of being idiots.
That is the price that one must pay sometimes to make a stand on an issue.It's uncommon for us to see, because our politics are filled with individuals who basically make one collective vagina, with no ability to take a stand on any issue without a damn focus group. This is an illustration of why our presence in the Middle East is paramount to the success of the world as a whole. Forget Global Warming, terrorism is the closest threat we have at this time. That ideology, worship allah or die, must be eradicated at any cost. To do that lives will be sacrificed. This is an example of one, in a big way. Hey, liberals, are you listening NOW? Do you take these guys seriously NOW? What must they do next to get your attention? The resolve of this country at this particular time sickens me- thank God George Bush has managed to defeat these liberals at every turn, and continue our efforts in the middle east.
The problem is that they do not CARE about death. It is an honour for them to die in this manner. Also; forgive me as I'm not that familiar with USA politics, but do all liberals have the same views on terrorists and terrorism?
so, you can then justify killing those whom you call losers but who your daughter actually thinks is the next best thing since sliced bread ... interesting!
I don't think that's right either.
Here is why we shouldn't help others the way that we are:A) We are not the world policeB ) We are not the moral policeC ) We are spending billions of dollars on an unjustified warD ) We are spending thousands of lives on an unjustified warE ) There are more peaceful ways of dealing with terrorists (think Iran & North Korea)Just tell me what would have happened had we not invaded Iraq. Yes that is a vague question because we will never know but seriously would we still be on a nation building agenda. I highly doubt it. You have been brainwashed by the bush administration that this is what jesus would do so we should instantly support it.Well i for one call bull shit
No Jesus wouldn't do this. Humans would, or at least should, get involved when others are wronged. We do this everyday, it's called the Justice system. Also, if you think dealings with Iran and Korea will stay peaceful you are not listening to what there leaders are flat out telling you, especially Iran. They want to kill you, you realize that?
Meh, I don't think your argument is very well thought out. This just seems more like angry banter, based on personal opinion. Not that your opinion sucks or anything, it's just not easy to have an argument with someone when they are yelling that they're right because Bush is an idiot.I don't think sitting out and hoping terrorists don't attack us is the best possible solution to curbing terrorism in the United States and the rest of the world. I think referring to Iran and NK as successes is kind of funny.
I wasn't referring to them as successes, i was more referring to the fact that we had talks with them.And yes it is probably angry banter based on personal opinion ... but isn't that what a discussion is.
The U.S. was on the forefront of stopping the spread of communism in the Middle East. We gathered up all these Muslims and told them how communists had no religion and would have no afterlife because of the way they lived. We helped scare up a crazy group of soldiers (Mujahideens, might have splled that wrong) to fight in the name of Islam. They won and kicked the Soviet Union out of Afghanistan.These are currently the exact same individuals that we need to kill, because they are fanatics and hate us.That wasn't a very long term victory for the US.
We didn't create or "scare up" the Mujahideen. They've been killing each other for thousands of years... we just gave them weapons and helped point them at the Soviets. They killed more of each other than they killed Russians with our weapons, too, most likely.I think we definitely have an obligation to protect people from extremism; extremism and Islam don't go hand in hand, though, and I'm not a fan of the "some of 'em are terrorists, so kill 'em all" method.
My point was that you still try, and for the record I will most definitely know exactly who the losers are. Who said I would kill them?
No Jesus wouldn't do this. Humans would, or at least should, get involved when others are wronged. We do this everyday, it's called the Justice system. Also, if you think dealings with Iran and Korea will stay peaceful you are not listening to what there leaders are flat out telling you, especially Iran. They want to kill you, you realize that?
Of course they want to kill me. but does that mean that we should instantly go in and overthrow their government and replace it with what we feel is the right and moral way to run a governement.
A. Actually we very much are, glad it's us and not the CommiesB. We share this with a few other good countriesC. Define justifiedD. Only because we are such a compassionate people, we could have sat outside and bombed each village to the ground with very very few coalition casualtiesE. Who started the shooting?
A. World domination is quite funny. Many have tried, none have succeeded. All empires fall ;)B. Eh, the kid should never have brought up moral policeC. I think it's less about it being justified or unjustified and more about cost vs. expectation... D. I love you BGE. But the question is "Aren't there better the ways then what we're doing now?"... of course, we can't ask that because our only realistic answer is A. the republican answer or B. the democrat answer
The problem is that they do not CARE about death. It is an honour for them to die in this manner. Also; forgive me as I'm not that familiar with USA politics, but do all liberals have the same views on terrorists and terrorism?
We dealt with suicide types before in other wars, we made it through. I agree that this certain mindset makes strategy a bit different, although what would you do against a person who had endless amounts of money who went all in every hand? It's still a defeatable mindset but it's gonna be ugly, and he just might bust you a time or 2.
My point was that you still try, and for the record I will most definitely know exactly who the losers are. Who said I would kill them?
I didn't say that you would kill them, my point is that if you did you could justify it.
Of course they want to kill me. but does that mean that we should instantly go in and overthrow their government and replace it with what we feel is the right and moral way to run a governement.
So, what does it mean then?
I didn't say that you would kill them, my point is that if you did you could justify it.
I was drawing an example.That's a battle I cannot win, that doesn't stop me from trying, like the fact that we cannot fihght everyone that deserves it. I think you are a little lost right now. Are you O.K.?
I don't know, I thought that the Air Force Aim High thing was always a good ideal. I realize that in my battle to keep my daughter from ****ing losers along the way she will probably **** some losers. That doesn't mean I am not going to try and stop the loser ****ing cycle.
I'm in the Air Force... can I fuck your daughter? I think that was the offer, anyways.
A. World domination is quite funny. Many have tried, none have succeeded. All empires fall ;)B. Eh, the kid should never have brought up moral policeC. I think it's less about it being justified or unjustified and more about cost vs. expectation... D. I love you BGE. But the question is "Aren't there better the ways then what we're doing now?"... of course, we can't ask that because our only realistic answer is A. the republican answer or B. the democrat answer
Kiser, thank you!! Expectation!! We live in a fast food world, we want fast food wars as well. That's not realistic.
Of course they want to kill you?mehI like the getting involved and the passion, but I definitely suggest just doing some research and taking the levels of logical thinking a few steps further.If I saw someone in a ski mask crawling through the window of my house, I would shoot him on the spot. The only problem is that no one in a ski mask is crawling in our house. You could say 9/11 was it, but then I would respond with what are we realistically doing in response to 9/11? I support actionable intelligence and elite squads to deal with terrorist cells. I support a very very strong defensive military (traditional ground forces and technological advances). We deal with anyone who really is trying to take over the world (hahahahah... kind of ... well, to respect BG :club: ) and at the same time making sure that we're not doing that ourselves.
Kiser, thank you!! Expectation!! We live in a fast food world, we want fast food wars as well. That's not realistic.
Expectation was not in reference to convenience.The problem is that you look at the results of the war much differently then I do. You realize that war is dirty, but it has been worth it due to what we have accomplished.I realize that war is dirty and that I worry that we have done more damage then good.You see it as a fight for our freedom.I see that we have lost freedom in the fight we have..... been.. fightingfight fight fight fight fight fight fighttherequota accomplished
I was drawing an example.That's a battle I cannot win, that doesn't stop me from trying, like the fact that we cannot fihght everyone that deserves it. I think you are a little lost right now. Are you O.K.?
A little lost .. yes, thank you for asking.Here is the deal. Based on your saying that we needed to kill or be killed i took it to one extreme of your example that if indeed you wanted to kill one of the "losers" that your daughter was ****ing ... then you could in fact justify it.My second point was that just because you think your daughter is dating a "loser" she would not feel the same way. Of course you would absolutly "know" that he is in fact a "loser" so any thing he said or did would be ultimately construed as loserish because of your preconcieved notion of what his life is about. However your daughter would talk about how great he is and what a wonderful person he is. So who then is right? If you were to answer of course you are right, but how can you justify saying that person is a "loser" when your preconeived notions have already told you what to think.Gotta go for now. Thanks BG, Lois and all the others that are contributing to this thread. These threads are always fun. I'm sure if we could all get a few cigars and some good scotch we could talk well into the night.Peace out.

Can we get back to Bhutto sucking?Sorry about creating Mujahideen comment. We just trained them, armed them, and told them the Soviets hated God. I don't really disagree with the fight terrorism comments. Just the Musharaaf sucks and blame Pakistan stuff. He's not a terrorist apologist, he's definitely done some crazy dictator shit, but I think he tries to do what's best for Pakistan and he's always had our back (refer to best for Pakistan if you must).