Benazir Bhutto Assasinated

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Islamic militant group said Saturday it had no link to Benazir Bhutto's killing, dismissing government claims that its leader orchestrated the assassination.Bhutto's aides also said they doubted militant commander Baitullah Mehsud was behind the attack on the opposition leader and accused the government of a cover-up.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071229/ap_on_re_as/pakistan----------------------------------A senior U.S. official also identified Mehsud as a leading suspect, CNN reported, quoting the unidentified source as saying there's "good information that leads us to believe he is the guy responsible."http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/289484----------------------------------Cheema also said Bhutto died from injuries caused by hitting her head on her car's sunroof as she came under fire, rather than from bullet wounds or shrapnel. But a close Bhutto aide told the media on Saturday that she saw a bullet wound in the head when she bathed Bhutto's body after her assassination."I was actually part of the party which bathed her body before the funeral," said Sherry Rehman, who served as Bhutto's spokeswoman and who was in the motorcade at the time of the attack. "There was a bullet wound I saw that went in from the back of her head and came out the other side. "We could not even wash her properly because the wound was still seeping. "This is ridiculous, dangerous nonsense because it is a cover-up of what actually happened."Farhatullah Babar, a another PPP spokesman, said on Saturday: "The story that al-Qaida or Baitullah Mehsud did it appears to us to be a planted story, an incorrect story, because they want to divert the attention."http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/D4C...274349EB5D7.htm---------------------------The question of whether she died of violence or an unfortunate accident is important because if she did not die because of foul play there is less chance that her death would be considered that of a martyr.http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/289480

An Islamic militant group said Saturday it had no link to Benazir Bhutto's killing, dismissing government claims that its leader orchestrated the assassination.Bhutto's aides also said they doubted militant commander Baitullah Mehsud was behind the attack on the opposition leader and accused the government of a cover-up.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071229/ap_on_re_as/pakistan----------------------------------A senior U.S. official also identified Mehsud as a leading suspect, CNN reported, quoting the unidentified source as saying there's "good information that leads us to believe he is the guy responsible."http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/289484----------------------------------Cheema also said Bhutto died from injuries caused by hitting her head on her car's sunroof as she came under fire, rather than from bullet wounds or shrapnel. But a close Bhutto aide told the media on Saturday that she saw a bullet wound in the head when she bathed Bhutto's body after her assassination."I was actually part of the party which bathed her body before the funeral," said Sherry Rehman, who served as Bhutto's spokeswoman and who was in the motorcade at the time of the attack. "There was a bullet wound I saw that went in from the back of her head and came out the other side. "We could not even wash her properly because the wound was still seeping. "This is ridiculous, dangerous nonsense because it is a cover-up of what actually happened."Farhatullah Babar, a another PPP spokesman, said on Saturday: "The story that al-Qaida or Baitullah Mehsud did it appears to us to be a planted story, an incorrect story, because they want to divert the attention."http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/D4C...274349EB5D7.htm---------------------------The question of whether she died of violence or an unfortunate accident is important because if she did not die because of foul play there is less chance that her death would be considered that of a martyr.http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/289480
I don't see your point. All you have proven at this point is no one really knows. You can bet that we probably never will, not with any certainty.
I don't see your point. All you have proven at this point is no one really knows. You can bet that we probably never will, not with any certainty.
my point is that i mentioned that certain gov's might be involved, and it's looking more and more like that is the case. u and others ridiculed it.i guess i am also pointing out that i am not here to post insults, that i can actually back up my posts with info.
A senior U.S. official also identified Mehsud as a leading suspect, CNN reported, quoting the unidentified source as saying there's "good information that leads us to believe he is the guy responsible."http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/289484
my point is that i mentioned that certain gov's might be involved, and it's looking more and more like that is the case. u and others ridiculed it.i guess i am also pointing out that i am not here to post insults, that i can actually back up my posts with info.
huh?
huh?
context, it's all about context. i even posted excerpts, try and identify the pattern.read the articles. u will see that the pak. gov and the US are saying the same things, and bhutto's party and the accused group are saying another.who has befitted from this? who has been able to hold onto power, and do unlawful things to maintain it? who are still saying that even under these circumstances that an election should still go ahead without delay???bet most here did not know that the town where she died was the home town of the army, where it's based.repeated security requests from bhutto to the pak. gov had not been replied to nor fulfilled.guess it was too hard to provide security in the town where the army is based....
context, it's all about context. i even posted excerpts, try and identify the pattern.read the articles. u will see that the pak. gov and the US are saying the same things, and bhutto's party and the accused group are saying another.who has befitted from this? who has been able to hold onto power, and do unlawful things to maintain it?
So you proved that one group says one thing which benefits them, while another says something else that benefits their side. Pretty similar to every other thing that has ever happened in the history of the universe.

And one other thing... The Taliban most likely has greater influence over Musharraf than the US does. I'm all for the argument that our government is out of control and our leaders effectively insane... but to insinuate that the US and Musharraf decided to kill Bhutto because she was a threat to Musharraf's power is silly.

And one other thing... The Taliban most likely has greater influence over Musharraf than the US does.
wrong
I'm all for the argument that our government is out of control and our leaders effectively insane... but to insinuate that the US and Musharraf decided to kill Bhutto because she was a threat to Musharraf's power is silly.
they may have just decided not to provide adequete security..bhutto's party repeatedly asked for 4 security cars to surround her vehicle, pretty standard for a political leader if u ask me....truth is, no one in the general public knows for sure, but we can make inferences based on evidence, etc.but we should always keep in mind who has the most to benefit from these types of events,.
So you proved that one group says one thing which benefits them, while another says something else that benefits their side.
bhutto's own party believes that mussharef's gov is involved.what if Hilary were assassinated, and the democratic party insinuated that the repubs. were involved, or tried to cover up the truth?would that not be a MAJOR story?
wrongthey may have just decided not to provide adequete security..bhutto's party repeatedly asked for 4 security cars to surround her vehicle, pretty standard for a political leader if u ask me....truth is, no one in the general public knows for sure, but we can make inferences based on evidence, etc.but we should always keep in mind who has the most to benefit from these types of events,.
She was a murdering thug and a thief that developed the a bomb when she was in power.She repeatedly refused protection and put herself at risk.
You may be the single most ignorant poster on this entire Fourm. The most amusing thing is you actually think you are clever.You literally make me Laugh Out Loud.
bhutto's own party believes that mussharef's gov is involved.what if Hilary were assassinated, and the democratic party insinuated that the repubs. were involved, or tried to cover up the truth?would that not be a MAJOR story?
Major story? Sure. Doesn't mean it's even close to factual, though.
wrongthey may have just decided not to provide adequete security..bhutto's party repeatedly asked for 4 security cars to surround her vehicle, pretty standard for a political leader if u ask me....truth is, no one in the general public knows for sure, but we can make inferences based on evidence, etc.but we should always keep in mind who has the most to benefit from these types of events,.
How was my comment "wrong"? I should be able to figure it out from all of the additional detail you provided.3 days ago, you didn't know how to spell Musharraf's name... hell, you weren't even close. But now you're claiming enough knowledge to understand the political state in SW Asia?
i love how most here who disagree with me provide nothing but insults.
Ok, I'll bite.Tell me what you know about the following:1) Waziristan2) Mullah Obaidullah Akhund3) ISI, specifically how they relate to both the Taliban and Al-QaidaAnd we'll go from there.
No, you opened with something that concluded that the U.S. was responsible. Remember? Then, certain people said you just may be the the absolute least intelligent poster here. Then, you wanted to pretend that you started off on some sort of intelligent foot, and sited 4 different news stories, all with different opinions, which proved- nothing! It proved that after 3 days, like many investigations, nothing was really accomplished. Yet, you still want to make conclusions and pretend you can infer certain "facts" when.... bum diddy bum diddy bum bah dah--- you can't! So, you open with stupidity, follow with more, and then more- and you think nobody will call you out on it? This isn't Hillarys campaign trail, this is a poker forum. We call bullshit all day.
Ok, I'll bite.Tell me what you know about the following:1) Waziristan2) Mullah Obaidullah Akhund3) ISI, specifically how they relate to both the Taliban and Al-QaidaAnd we'll go from there.
I can hear him googling right now.
go from there?listen, try and stay on track. why don't we see what else comes out of this.just in:Bhutto hours from exposing vote-rigging detailsOn the day she was killed, opposition leader Benazir Bhutto planned to give two U.S. legislators a dossier accusing the Pakistani government and intelligence service of rigging upcoming elections, an aide said Tuesday.Bhutto planned to meet Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania and Representative Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island on Thursday evening,...She was preparing to give the Americans a 160-page report listing alleged "pre-poll rigging" by the government of President Pervez Musharraf and the military-run Inter-services Intelligence Service or ISI..http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/290264
No, you opened with something that concluded that the U.S. was responsible. Remember?
would not be surprised to find out that mushaeff (sp?) is behind it, he's a brutal dictator.and thereby the US is also guilty, they have propped up and supported this guy, even after what he has done recently..
still happy the US gov supports this guy? pretty sad if u r.[/you]
go from there?listen, try and stay on track. why don't we see what else comes out of this.just in:Bhutto hours from exposing vote-rigging detailsOn the day she was killed, opposition leader Benazir Bhutto planned to give two U.S. legislators a dossier accusing the Pakistani government and intelligence service of rigging upcoming elections, an aide said Tuesday.Bhutto planned to meet Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania and Representative Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island on Thursday evening,...She was preparing to give the Americans a 160-page report listing alleged "pre-poll rigging" by the government of President Pervez Musharraf and the military-run Inter-services Intelligence Service or ISI..http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/290264
So your answer is... "I don't know anything about any of those things, because I don't know anything about any political history of Pakistan prior to this incident. Therefore, I'll post someone else's words again."
still happy the US gov supports this guy? pretty sad if u r.[/you]
Choices are made everyday to support/not support that which you wouldn't even have coffee with, but that's realistic world politics. That being said, this makes the US responsible how again? Don't bother- it doesn't equate to that at all, and any sensible person knows that.
So your answer is... "I don't know anything about any of those things, because I don't know anything about any political history of Pakistan prior to this incident. Therefore, I'll post someone else's words again."
He doesn't post his own thoughts, and when he does it's worse than me arguing a worldwide flood did indeed happen.