Benazir Bhutto Assasinated

A little lost .. yes, thank you for asking.Here is the deal. Based on your saying that we needed to kill or be killed i took it to one extreme of your example that if indeed you wanted to kill one of the "losers" that your daughter was ****ing ... then you could in fact justify it.My second point was that just because you think your daughter is dating a "loser" she would not feel the same way. Of course you would absolutly "know" that he is in fact a "loser" so any thing he said or did would be ultimately construed as loserish because of your preconcieved notion of what his life is about. However your daughter would talk about how great he is and what a wonderful person he is. So who then is right? If you were to answer of course you are right, but how can you justify saying that person is a "loser" when your preconeived notions have already told you what to think.Gotta go for now. Thanks BG, Lois and all the others that are contributing to this thread. These threads are always fun. I'm sure if we could all get a few cigars and some good scotch we could talk well into the night.Peace out.
Eh... very big... ehAccording to the logic that you give, no one would ever do anything. Ever.Your point is philosophical but you completely take reality out of the situation.
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh... very big... ehAccording to the logic that you give, no one would ever do anything. Ever.Your point is philosophical but you completely take reality out of the situation.
I see what he is saying, but I don't see sacrificing action just because someone else could be right. Parents could never be parents with that mindset. I mean, the kid may very well indeed put his eye out, and he almost did. He should never have received that BB gun.
Can we get back to Bhutto sucking?Sorry about creating Mujahideen comment. We just trained them, armed them, and told them the Soviets hated God. I don't really disagree with the fight terrorism comments. Just the Musharaaf sucks and blame Pakistan stuff. He's not a terrorist apologist, he's definitely done some crazy dictator shit, but I think he tries to do what's best for Pakistan and he's always had our back (refer to best for Pakistan if you must).
I gotta disagree with the Musharaaf comment. He has very little control over a fair amount of his country, and no control over the most dangerous portions. But he really doesn't care, because they don't try to kill him, they spend most of their time killing Afghan National Police and ANA. Pervez isn't a very good neighbor.
I gotta disagree with the Musharaaf comment. He has very little control over a fair amount of his country, and no control over the most dangerous portions. But he really doesn't care, because they don't try to kill him, they spend most of their time killing Afghan National Police and ANA. Pervez isn't a very good neighbor.
What are you disagreeing with? I don't think this makes him a terrorist apologist. Just more of a "look, I can't do anything my country is in disarray and we're super poor" kind of mindset. He has said numerous times that he is against the Taliban, Mullah Omar, and bin Laden. I think it's tough to accurately assess how much he cares when his options may be extremely limited.
What are you disagreeing with? I don't think this makes him a terrorist apologist. Just more of a "look, I can't do anything my country is in disarray and we're super poor" kind of mindset. He has said numerous times that he is against the Taliban, Mullah Omar, and bin Laden. I think it's tough to accurately assess how much he cares when his options may be extremely limited.
I was disagreeing with your disagreement with the "Musharaaf sucks" comments. Mostly because he does. Big time.Edit: He can say he dislikes those guys all he wants... but the fact of the matter is, every single meaningful Taliban leader lives in Pakistan, as does most of Al-Qaida. If he was really disinterested in having them around, he could stand up to those who do support them and do something about it. Of course, then he'd get shot, and we've come full circle.

Just in case anyone cares, has a lot of time, and inclination, Musharaaf put out a book of his memoirs, titled "In the Line of Fire," and it's a pretty interesting read just because a lot of people that currently make important decisions don't throw their ideas out for everyone to read.

Just in case anyone cares, has a lot of time, and inclination, Musharaaf put out a book of his memoirs, titled "In the Line of Fire," and it's a pretty interesting read just because a lot of people that currently make important decisions don't throw their ideas out for everyone to read.
I will pick it up tommorow, along with a pound of bacon.
Think realistically. As a country what should we do? Nothing? If that the case, when did we lose our sense of right and wrong?
When it became legal for our government to torture people? That's roughly when I believe we lost our sense of right and wrong. Is it watered down (HA HA) torture? yes. But if you're looking for a place where we crossed the line between right and wrong, there it is.What mainly concerns me nowadays is the show our government has been putting on at the expense of the economy and our freedoms. What do you think about airport security? have you ever stopped to think about what the extra homeland security people are ACTUALLY doing to stop terrorists? what does it accomplish to have everyone remove their shoes when you can easily carry enough explosive liquid on the plane to blow a hole through it?
When it became legal for our government to torture people? That's roughly when I believe we lost our sense of right and wrong. Is it watered down (HA HA) torture? yes. But if you're looking for a place where we crossed the line between right and wrong, there it is.What mainly concerns me nowadays is the show our government has been putting on at the expense of the economy and our freedoms. What do you think about airport security? have you ever stopped to think about what the extra homeland security people are ACTUALLY doing to stop terrorists? what does it accomplish to have everyone remove their shoes when you can easily carry enough explosive liquid on the plane to blow a hole through it?
I actually have no problem with torture in times of war. I wouldn't have a problem if say, you had a guy, and he was very loyal to a friend, and that guy videotaped his friend raping a child, but never showed the friends face. I would have no problem torturing that guy to get the info we needed to bring the rapist to trial. If anything, I don't think torture is used enough. This goes along with my point about how much as society in this country we haev collectively lost our nerve. No torture? Come on, that's part of war. As far as security measures, I agree with you to the extent that we are not good enough at it. You know who rules at it? Israelis. They are the masters of security. Of course, we would have to trample on a civil liberty here or there, but hey, whatever. I see what you are saying, though, there is some show to what we do now.
This goes along with my point about how much as society in this country we haev collectively lost our nerve. No torture? Come on, that's part of war. As far as security measures, I agree with you to the extent that we are not good enough at it. You know who rules at it? Israelis. They are the masters of security. Of course, we would have to trample on a civil liberty here or there, but hey, whatever. I see what you are saying, though, there is some show to what we do now.
This issue has been debated to death, I guess I don't know why I brought it up. I think it's a great example of how we're slipping into the wrong mindset, that's all. I understand that we've been doing it for a long time, but I think legalizing it in any form has started us down the wrong path.My point is that we're not seeing the level of attacks to mandate these security measures. At this point in time, I wonder if we're losing more people BECAUSE of security. I'm sure there are plenty of people now driving due to escalating costs that would have otherwise flown...p.s. The English have a pretty damn good grasp on security as well. I'm sure we'll catch up on that front eventually, but let's go ahead and agree that we don't want security cameras rolling on every street corner right now, okay? Please?
this is crazy!would not be surprised to find out that mushaeff (sp?) is behind it, he's a brutal dictaor. and thereby the US is also guilty, they have propped up and supported this guy, even after what he has done recently..
Yeah.Like Katrina - Clearly (from an arrogant Canadian's Point of View) it is Bush's fault. All the Us' fault. He he.Literally LOL.
Yeah.Like Katrina - Clearly (from an arrogant Canadian's Point of View) it is Bush's fault. All the Us' fault. He he.Literally LOL.
The people who want to continue New Orleans at its current location get a giant LOL from me. Just sayin'.
that makes you a ****ing moron, no offense.
Easily the best part of this thread.
The people who want to continue New Orleans at its current location get a giant LOL from me. Just sayin'.
They can't move it. What would they call it? What's newer than new?
Easily the best part of this thread.
I was really riled up yesterday. I really didn't mean any offense with anything I said, but I also wanted to convey how I felt. I feel, at times, this is what is sorely lacking in our government, that gut reaction just being let loose.
It's doable. The technology is out there to do it. However, it has to be more than just a tourist attraction, it has got to built up to be economically viable, and I have found from the things I have seen so far, the majority do not want that. They want subsidized, they want there ghettos and projects back. I think it's smart for the government to just say, "No." You're an absolute drain, and this hurricane has been a blessing in disguise, because it forced you to get off your butt and DO something. That's a whole other thread, but it is one of the few things I believe that the Bush administration has done right, for a myriad of reasons.