Not really my thing, but I haven't posted in a while and I figure this experience might be worth sharing for several reasons haha. About 40% Poker Content. The plan was to go to New Orleans last week for the WSOP circuit events probably monday morning. FYI there is a little hobby that I like to take with me when I play poker. So after another suicide sunday, at about 1-2am we decide to pack it up and start leaving. My buddy and I aren't sure if we are gonna make it there the same day or if we'll spend a night somewhere or whatever we just decide to start going (after being awake for 20h+) and see what happens. I live in south Florida. So I roll up my blunts get my shit and we are off. About 5 hours into it driving is starting to get a bit sloppy and my friend wants to pull over and spend the night. I rather just keep going, 'I'm in the zone'. At about 8 or so on I-10 close to Alabama, **** up, drift over too much, not realizing going 90mph, pulling back too fast, car loses control, not sure if we spun or what, but started at the left lane towards the median, ended up over the right lane, into the grass, slid sideways for probably about 300 ft before coming to a sudden stop from the dirt building up on the right side of the car, miss a tree by about 2 feet. We are in shock, but don't seem to be hurt. At this point I have no idea what shape the car is in, it could be totaled or maybe we can just drive out of it, I have no idea. Get out of the car, wave off the people pulling over to see if we are alright, I try to wave em out. My friend has to climb out through the backseat lol, shit everywhere, can't find out our phones etc. The tires look bent on the right side, and I just really want to get the **** out of there before there is a scene or something. We try to push there is no budging it and it won't start. So I take my bag of goodyness, just in case, run into the woods with it, bury it, hustle back. Sure enough a cop shows up, firefighter, ambulance like wtf?? I finally get Triple A on the phone, cop is taking my license, random dudes writing down an accident report, medics ask us if we need to go to the hospital lol, "Thanks, but kinda busy right now!" Trooper and another cop pulls up, AAA is on its way and and most people are clearing, my friend and I are still shaken up a bit. A little while passes and the cops are bunched up and call us over. I get a little sketched out at this point. They say some bs then they are like 'you know honesty is the best policy'. At this point I'm thinking wtfffff, and they ask me what I went and hid in the trees. I don't see anyway anyone could have seen me hide anything so I deny it right away. They pretty much say alright, put us in the back of the police car and go searching the forest. So now we are even more shocked, how could shit happen sooo fast. They come back about 30 min later, let us out of the car and separate us. Cop is talking all kinds of shit to me, talking about he has a deerhunter or deersniper or some shit that saw everything. "You don't believe me do you""Sir I believe you, I don't know what you want me to say""You don't believe I have a deerhunter(?), you want me to bring him over here? I will call the dogs, tell me where it is, lets not do it the hard way""I don't know what to tell you, I just went to take a piss officer, there is nothing"They talk some more shit to my friend, I'm sitting by my car by the woods where most of the cops are and now my friend is sitting by the trooper car closer to the highway. Meanwhile triple A gets here and he starts chatting it up with the police. So about 20 minutes later me and my friend start talking, we have basically said the same thing, he has just told them he doesn't know where I went, assumes to take a piss. Another 20 minutes go by and sure enough K9unit pulls up and out hops some stupid white dog. We are sitting by the triple A truck as the take the dog to bark at my car. Half the cops n tow truck guy still crackin jokes, the other guys go with the dog in the woods and we just start waiting it out. Maybe the only thing I did well was hide the shit, as I ran out there pretty quick and made sure I went far enough so if anyone was watching me I would get out of their view. I lifted a live branch from the ground and stuck it under there deep as I could. 30+ minutes later they come back with the dog and put him back in the car, we are definitely starting to feel relieved. No one has said anything to us in a while and I'm considering pushing them at this point to let us go. The cops seem to be starting to get pissed and once again, most of em go back into the woods again. I just get a sick feeling at this point like they are going to pull this out of nowhere now. 30 minutes later trooper comes back, hands me my license n shit, gives me case number, tells me he can't be held up any longer and the cops will probably let us go soon- thats up to them. Tow truck guy starts to pull my car out, the tires are pretty ****ed and he starts pulling it on its rims (ouch). The cops start walking off tell me "have a nice trip- err rest of trip" gerihteudfgerihuhwe "SURE! No hard feelings!!"Triple A tows us to the nearest town, luckily just had to get the tires fixed (and some minor body damage and mechanical damage my 2007 mazda suffered that I still have yet to take care of) and somehow we are back on the road... Finally get to New Orleans after what seems like forever in the evening, and of course get lost pretty quickly. Come off some highway towards an intersection which seems to be directed by 4 police officers. I'm happy to see em as we could really use some directions right now. My friend has his seatbelt on and starts yelling at me telling me to put mine on. I'm saying who gives a **** but I put it on and we pull up to the cop, who starts yelling at us to pull over. "YOUR PASSENGER NEEDS TO HAVE HIS SEATBELT ON AT ALL TIMES!!" yells the African American Police Officer at me. We just sit there stunned for a second, then we try to protest like what crack is he smoking?? Of course there is no way to dispute this, so somehow I get a ticket for my passenger not wearing a seatbelt. At least he gives us directions and we finally make to Harrahs. I played like 6 of the events and I'm somewhat disappointed with my performance in a couple of em. Other then that I played decent and think I gained more experience live wise then usual. I feel like I may have made a pretty significant revelation concerning live poker tournaments. Event 1- $500 buy in- This one I'm pretty pissed about. Didn't give myself a chance at all, played too fast, not sure if i even won a pot. Then called off my chips thinking, ehh more like hoping he was bluffing, and he had a boat and it was GG that one. Event 2-$500 buy in- pretty uneventfulEven 3- $300 buy in- I started off cold and sat this one back, then won a race to get me a decent stack and chipping up a bit more. This was the evening tourney so blinds were a bit faster. I got moved to somewhat of a loose table, won AK vs A10s shortstack as it was approaching the bubble. I think it was 400/800 or so and i minraised with 53 and middleaged guy called me from button, he was even newer to the table.We took it heads up and flop was 2 5 10, I bet somewhat small and he called. At this point we both had a little more then half our stack left. Turn came an 8 and I checked, he did a good job making his deliberate all in look weak but then he gave me a stare which made me think he was pretty strong so i almost folded. The hands that I could beat I was putting him on included a3/a4/a2 or any 2 face cards. I donkey talked myself into calling this one and his QQ held. GOOD ****ING GAME. Event 4-$1000- I don't remember any big hands from this tournament at all but I was chipping up and down pretty steadily, I think blinds were in level 4 or 5, 200/400/25 and i was close to 8k at this point. Had a guy raise K10 UTG, and I flat called AA (WHICH I DO EVERY TIME), and got it all in on a K 3 4 5 board, but river was a 10 to wrap this one up. Evemt5-$1000- Didn't last too long in this one, probably 2nd or 3rd level, I was playing close to 85% of the pots and some grumpy older people were getting tired of me so there was some back and forths. I had AK and minraised, and buddy re-popped it for like the 3rd time and I immediately stuck it in with AK and he immediately called with 1010 and I lost that one. No regrets. Event 6-$5000- This was the main and I really liked the structure, the others weren't bad either but this one was 10k starting chips with 90 minute levels. Before the antes I was playing over 80% of the hands being really active but things not going much my way. Getting a great feel for my opponents and setting up image and such. Got short early, probably down to 3-4k when blinds were 100/200. One mistake I did make was, I was in the hand with Q9 and the board ended up reading 9 5 2 2 Q and I got checkraised super small by some younger player who probably doesn't play much online on the flop (he was sb I was mp), I checked behind on the turn and picked up a wrong tell at this point. When I checked he made a gesture like he was upset I checked behind, which I read as fake, and he fired about 2500 in the dark and I paid off his 55 . Didn't lose AK vs AK , found a couple more spots to chip up. One hand I had J8s, limped, and a pretty bad older guy came along and flop came 764 with 2 spades and i led for 500 and he made it 1500 or 2000, which was really weird. I really needed to put him on a hand before. We each had about 7k to start the hand. I asked him if he had a set and he didn't feel too comfortable at this point so that was enough for me to call. The turn made it easy, I made the flush and checkraised him from 2500 to all in and he folded. Little later with an ante an older guy (who seems like somewhat of a passive calling station, however he did minraise out of BB with 73o after 2 limpers once (obv he flopped trips)). Button limps as well, SB has about 4500, new guy, thinks a little and ships it in. At this point the old guy who limped goes "ooh that smells like aces" I got QQ in the BB and about 11k total, I try to make my raise look as strong as possible, I thought there was a good chance old guy had AK and I did not want him calling . So it gets back to him and he starts talking like he has Kings, sure enough he ends up folding kings and i hold against 99. WHEWWWSome guy who got up to 20k+ early and is now back down to about 10k opens the pot for 700, he was a nice guy but def seemed a bit tilted, I called in cutoff with 66 to take it heads up. Flop comes 3 4 7 rainbow and he fires 1100, I make a somewhat hesitant call. Pretty certain I got best hand at this point. Turn comes a queen, we check it, river comes an ace he bets 1300 and i fold pretty quickly and he shows A9. Great. Still playing lots of pots but cutting down a little, same guy limps UTG+2, pretty standard for this guy to have 2 face cards or small pp here. I 3x it with AK (first 3x possibly), he calls. We check a flop of 10 3 6, turn comes K with also putting 3 spades out there. He checks, I bet 1700, he thinks and thinks and I'm starting to put him on QJ, he finally looks back at his cards to do the obvious spade check, then calls pretty quick. River comes an offsuit 9 and he bets 2000. BAAAH, I make a crying call, I believe I was playing way too many pots yet folding to enough river bets where I think I had to make this call. He clearly had QJ with the queen of spades. Now this is the last hand before the last break I think. UTG limps, another guy limps and button limps, anyone that could remotely have a hand here i figured was UTG. I have almost 10k with AKs in the SB and like a shovetard I stick it in. BB has Aces and thats that. I'm pretty upset about this shove, I'm obviously aware of how +EV this situation seems, however I really don't think it is, nor is this shove necessary. Oh well...There might be another event I forgot and surely a few key hands I can't remember.I don't usually play cash games as they usually really bore me and I don't play too well especially online, but I decided to log a couple sessions here.I was buying in short to the 10-25 game for a 1000. First time I played I doubled up without showdown after an hour, then i called a 75 raise with 4s and we took the flop 4-5 ways. Flop comes 10 6 4 with 2 clubs, some guy leads for about 200, I call, guy behind me overshoves for almost 1500 and I called, he angrily throws his cards towards the muck as the turn is a club and he happily grabs em and proudly shows em. EL OH EL. I left after this hand as I make sure to leave in cash games whenever I lose a big pot. Another night I sat into the 10-25 game 6 handed. It was a pretty passive table at this point, I got aces twice pretty early and picked up those pots to put me at about 2k. Then the hand got 4 handed, 2 guys in their 40-50s, some guy in his late 20s and I. We played for about an hour or two with a straddle which was fun, although there weren't any big pots, I lost one with TPTK to two pair and then I won one where I raised 53 and flop came 9 5 3, first to act led for about 250, 2nd to act called, and I thought forever before finally raising it to 850 with about 800 behind. Not sure how much I loved this line, they both folded and that was that. The table broke when I was at about 3000 and called it a night.I decided to play one more time before leaving, and was happy I did because the game was really live. A few people were clearly drunk and most others were somewhat tilting. I limped into like the 4th hand with KQ and the flop was 5 ways. Some guy randomly led out for 200 on a k 9 2 flop, I was the only caller. He was clearly the most active at the table, turn came an 8, at this point he realized I was short and finally checked. I tried to act as weak as I could and checked behind. River came Q completing backdoor flushdraw, he checked, I bet 450, and he went all in for the rest BLAAAH i called and he had the 56h for the flush. I decided to be done with NO at this point and go home...Oh yea, I dropped my friend off at the airport before the main event cause he had to go back to work so I was doing the drive back on my own. So wednesday afternoon I start heading back, planning to spend a night in gainesville or orlando with some friends, I'll see as I get closer. About 4-5 hours into I got a roach left and just had a nug with me to begin with. I'm approaching Gville and should get there at about 9 or so. Call up my friend to sign me up for the tournaments as I am less then an hour away. Driving on a 4 lane highway, 3 police cars pretty blatantly are posted on the median trying to catch speeders and whatnot. I'm in the 2nd lane driving speed limit, pass them, all good but obviously keep an eye on them. One pulls out as he almost gets out of my view and he slowly speeds up. I don't think anything of it yet, but he comes over one lane and keeps getting closer. I'm not even 100% if its the cop, but I start to do the best I can with the stuff I got in the car and about 30 seconds later he pulls me over I'm just thinking wtffff for, but should be OK. He comes over to my right, asks for my stuff, gives me a weird look and says i got a broken tag light. My friend calls me cause he is starting to expect me, tell him I'll call him by in a minute. I swear not even 4 minutes go by and 2 more cop cars are making a U turn to pull behind me and I can hear the dog barking in the back of one of them. Before I know it, I'm in the back of the police car again, talking about "random drug trafficking' and the dog n cops are searching my car. So I'm just sitting there, still shocked that this is even happening, and just wait em out. Once again they got all pissed off, lets me out of the car, starts searching his own car where I was just sitting (haha good one), they talk some more bullshit and finally let me gooooo. WHHEWWWMake it to gville about 6 hours later to take down the Wednesday Nightly to put a nice spin on an absolutely ridiculous trip. Left a couple days later and have now finally made it back home, wasn't sure if I was going to lol. Ahhh home sweet home.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being pulled over by southern old boys while holding has always been one of my worst fears.glad you're ok from the car accident.

Yeah. It was clearly the cops' fault the OP decided to drive while exhausted AND under the influence while carrying more. Sounds like he was pretty lucky not to injure himself, his friend, or some innocents minding their own business when some ass hole fell asleep at the wheel.

nice read stein, did u not go back to get the weed u stashed??
I'd imagine they'd be watching the area for a while immediately after especially if they were THAT convinced he had weed.Oh and good read bro.
I love how everyone are mad at the cops. LOL Maybe you should rethink driving tired and high at 90 MPH with a bag of weed in the car. Jus sayin.
they still sounded like the typical power trip dick head cops though.
OMG cliffnotes for those of us with ADD please.
1) OP is a drug addict2) OP falls asleep at the wheel and almost kills himself, his friend and who knows who else3) OP stashes drugs in woods and is mad that police would sweat him4) OP finally makes it to play poker5) OP plays poker poorly6) OP loses7) OP doesn't learn from his lesson and drives home with more drugs8) OP gets pulled over again9) OP and many others blames the cops
1) OP is a drug addict2) OP falls asleep at the wheel and almost kills himself, his friend and who knows who else3) OP stashes drugs in woods and is mad that police would sweat him4) OP finally makes it to play poker5) OP plays poker poorly6) OP loses7) OP doesn't learn from his lesson and drives home with more drugs8) OP gets pulled over again9) OP and many others blames the cops
mom?

Check for a Big Brother Spy Cam in your car. Cops do that all the time. It's how they seem to know every fuckin thing.Seriously though, pull over and nap so as to stay alive !! Good read, thanks.

Nothing wrong with being mad at the cops for enforcing an unjust law. You don't treat a man like he's a scumbag for carrying a plant. Please drive more carefully though. Thanks for the report, enjoyed it.

negative much??u forgot he took down the wednesday