The Celts would be worse, because no matter how jesus like you think lebron is you can't teach size or willingness to play D, and KG is winning defensive player of the year this year, something lebron can't even make the 3rd team of. The Celtics are as good as they are because of defense, not cause KG stuff the stat sheet.Edit, quoted Superjon but was responding to SS24
Pretty much, nobody could replace KG this year, especially LeBron because of defense.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

I like Lebron James quite a bit, but Garnett is a better fit in Boston. There have been many a "big three" in this league that have done very little by comparison to what Boston is likely about to do. I don't doubt Boston would win the East with James, but with him, Pierce, and Allen, there wouldn't be enough balls to go around. Garnett doesn't care about having the ball. He lets his points come to him naturally.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!Hell hath no fire like Lerbon james scorned. Who would pick a fight with him?
I'm amazed at how poorly opposing coaches attack him in various situations.Like today he gets the ball well past the 3 point line with 5 seconds left on the clock and instead of rushing a second defender to him to force him into some type of fadeaway shot or giving the ball up he crosses over one defender and gets a matador defense to the rim for a layup. So annoying how poorly a job that teams seem to approach him in clutch situations.
Like today he gets the ball well past the 3 point line with 5 seconds left on the clock and instead of rushing a second defender to him to force him into some type of fadeaway shot or giving the ball up he crosses over one defender and gets a matador defense to the rim for a layup. So annoying how poorly a job that teams seem to approach him in clutch situations.
At first, the D was very agressive against Lebron. I am biased because I am a Cavs fan, but they seemed to be playing dirty-going for Lebron's face instead of the ball. Well that worked at first until he really he got pissed off during the fight.
I like Lebron James quite a bit, but Garnett is a better fit in Boston. There have been many a "big three" in this league that have done very little by comparison to what Boston is likely about to do. I don't doubt Boston would win the East with James, but with him, Pierce, and Allen, there wouldn't be enough balls to go around. Garnett doesn't care about having the ball. He lets his points come to him naturally.
I don't know about this, Lebron averaged 7 assists a game, and is one of the most unselfish primary scoring star type players I've seen in a long, long time. Garnett is a better fit in Boston, but not because he's more unselfish than Lebron. It's because the team culture needed to be changed in Boston, it's because Garnett transformed that team by the sheer force of his will, forced them to care, forced them to play defense. While Lebron would be great with Pierce and Allen, I don't think he has the insane intensity to transform the culture of a franchise that KG has. But give Lebron 10 years of struggling in cleveland while he carries around scrubs, and we'll see how much he can transform a team.I really don't understand Jadaki's Lebron hate, I really, really don't. I've never seen a player with Lebron's skill set and body before in my life. After last years playoff run, I can't understand how anyone can hate on him at all. But this team is going to get beat in the east this year. I still doubt they can beat the wizards ( how good did Arenas look today?) and I would be shocked to my core to see them beat the celts. He'd need to average like 40-12-10 in that series to have a shot.
I really don't understand Jadaki's Lebron hate, I really, really don't. I've never seen a player with Lebron's skill set and body before in my life. After last years playoff run, I can't understand how anyone can hate on him at all. But this team is going to get beat in the east this year. I still doubt they can beat the wizards ( how good did Arenas look today?) and I would be shocked to my core to see them beat the celts. He'd need to average like 40-12-10 in that series to have a shot.
It's not hate, I'm just tired of people calling him the greatest player ever when all he has done is won rookie of the year and a few all star MVP's. He has obvious holes in his game that he hasn't been forced to improve yet, but all anyone cares about is that he dunks on people. 7 assist per game should be higher considering he brings the ball up the court and triggers their offense way more than any guard they have on the team.And for every great performance he put in like last year against the pistons, there are incidents of him walking off the court and whining like a bitch on the bench.

FWIW I don't like Lebron much either. But basically out of jealousy. I think he plays sloppy and kind of ugly a lot of the time. But he's built like Shaq and an athletic freak. So he just destroys people. He might end up the best of all time, but I don't like his game. A lot of the time I feel like he doesn't have to make a move because he's just so damn big, strong, and athletic.Great team player though, like I said it's basically just jealousy.

It's not hate, I'm just tired of people calling him the greatest player ever when all he has done is won rookie of the year and a few all star MVP's. He has obvious holes in his game that he hasn't been forced to improve yet, but all anyone cares about is that he dunks on people. 7 assist per game should be higher considering he brings the ball up the court and triggers their offense way more than any guard they have on the team.And for every great performance he put in like last year against the pistons, there are incidents of him walking off the court and whining like a bitch on the bench.
Just stop, seriously.

Austin Carr was talking the other day about one of J's gripesAustin says that Lebron loves playing off the ball and is great at it but none of his teammates ever step up and show the ability to run the showas for only 7 assists he loses at least 3 a game on people missing layups etc plus he's stuck in Mike Brown's downtempo offenseand i use the term offense lightly because that implies that they have a system which they don'tby the way add scoring title and one of only three in history to go 30-7-7plus Kobe may be better but as for whining if he was on the cavs it would be non stop

I really don't understand Jadaki's Lebron hate, I really, really don't. I've never seen a player with Lebron's skill set and body before in my life. After last years playoff run, I can't understand how anyone can hate on him at all. But this team is going to get beat in the east this year. I still doubt they can beat the wizards ( how good did Arenas look today?) and I would be shocked to my core to see them beat the celts. He'd need to average like 40-12-10 in that series to have a shot.
For the life of me, I can't see how people can hate on him. How many other people could have transformed the 2003 Cavs into the Eastern Conference Champs just a few years later? As for not winning the championship, well he pretty much single handedly got the Cavs to the championship. One man vs. the best in the West is not something that Lebron, or Michael Jordan, could have won.
It's not hate, I'm just tired of people calling him the greatest player ever when all he has done is won rookie of the year and a few all star MVP's. And for every great performance he put in like last year against the pistons, there are incidents of him walking off the court and whining like a bitch on the bench.
What? All he has done is won rookier of the year and a few all star MVP's? Like I said above, what about single handedly taking his team to the championship...or turning the worst team in the league into one of the best...or the fact that he is one of the youngest yet most mature players of the game. With all the contact that Lebron gets, I am shocked that he has never gotten into a fight (even the thing today wasn't really a fight). Is there another player that would have never thrown a punch?And for every great performance there are incidents of him walking off the court and whining like a bitch. WHEN WAS THIS? I remember one time where he left the court (and I don't remember the circumstance exactly, but I think the Cavs were down by a lot with 2 seconds left) but when has he bitched on the bench. And have these moments really been as frequent as his incredible performances? I THINK NOT.
For the life of me, I can't see how people can hate on him. How many other people could have transformed the 2003 Cavs into the Eastern Conference Champs just a few years later? As for not winning the championship, well he pretty much single handedly got the Cavs to the championship. One man vs. the best in the West is not something that Lebron, or Michael Jordan, could have won.What? All he has done is won rookier of the year and a few all star MVP's? Like I said above, what about single handedly taking his team to the championship...or turning the worst team in the league into one of the best...or the fact that he is one of the youngest yet most mature players of the game. With all the contact that Lebron gets, I am shocked that he has never gotten into a fight (even the thing today wasn't really a fight). Is there another player that would have never thrown a punch?And for every great performance there are incidents of him walking off the court and whining like a bitch. WHEN WAS THIS? I remember one time where he left the court (and I don't remember the circumstance exactly, but I think the Cavs were down by a lot with 2 seconds left) but when has he bitched on the bench. And have these moments really been as frequent as his incredible performances? I THINK NOT.
Plenty, actually
Just stop, seriously.
Tell me when he shoots better than 35% for the season from 12-18 feet. He dunks, he shoots threes (not all that well), and runs the Cavs offense making highlight reels in the process. Go ahead and visit NBA.com and look at his shooting chart for the year, it's not impressive for a guy who is supposed to be unstoppable. It's not like he is the first guy over 6'8 who could pass the ball, maybe you guys have heard of Magic Johnson or Larry Bird? We could go back before that and talk about Oscar Robertson if you want, but apparently anyone who watches the NBA these days has a severe case of ADD and thats why Lebron is already the greatest player to ever lace them up. Keith I'm not sold on the players always missing layups on his passes, This isn't college and if his teammates are good enough to start in the league they aren't blowing that many shots within 3 feet of the basket. Everyone misses out on assists when teammates miss easy shots, it doesn't just happen to Lebron. The offense they run might be the problem, but if his teammates are nearly as bad as you guys claim isn't it in the coaches best interest to limit the number of possessions a game?Kobe and Lebron have both had their bouts of whining like little babies. SS24 I really wonder if you actually have ever picked up a ball in any form of competitive play at all. The contact you complain about he generates a ton of that himself by driving into and forcing up some shots in crowded lanes because thats part of his game. He doesn't take nearly the beating your average center or power forward does. He has never taken a beating that a player like Shaq has in a game, ever. He didn't want to play in the 4th quarter of a game earlier this year while he sat bitching about his team before the trade. I don't care how great you think you are, you don't walk off the court before the game is over. It's disrespectful of his teammates, opponents, and the game. If he wasn't the NBA's holy grail of marketing right now he would have been called out on it a lot more than he was in both of those incidents.

I've seen Lebron yell at his teammates but he never complains publically and everything he says is fairly team orientedas for his shot distributionTim Duncan scores 99.99% of his shots from the left blocksaying he only shoots 30 percent from distance is a stupid criticism - he's not jason kapono taking open jump shots - he's not even taking jump shots in the flow of an offensedue to both the cavs ineptitude and their lack of an offensive system every single jump shot he takes is one he has to create for himself - the next time Lebron James takes an open jumper is neverwhen no one else on the team is willing to step up you also have to take bad shots by definition if he was playing in the west his stats would by sickthe cavs score 9- points a game Lebron is a third of that - 14 more come from his assists and probably at least ten more from put backs of his misses sadly he's the entire offenselook at the criticism of Paul Pierce when he had no teammates now he's totally in the flowi hate the cavs - the guy was meant to be running and they don't

i hate the cavs - the guy was meant to be running and they don't
Eventually they will change coaches and probably play styles, but what do you really want? You want Cleveland to be the Suns of the East? Hasn't it been proven that style of play fails in the playoffs by now? I don't get why you guys are so negative when they made the finals next year... well except that they have no shot without really improving to get back there again in the next couple years.
Eventually they will change coaches and probably play styles, but what do you really want? You want Cleveland to be the Suns of the East? Hasn't it been proven that style of play fails in the playoffs by now? I don't get why you guys are so negative when they made the finals next year... well except that they have no shot without really improving to get back there again in the next couple years.
is it too much to ask to spread the floor, move, run plays, look to push when they have an advantagethey made the finals despite their coachthey have absolutely no offensive strategyI don't see why the suns couldn't win the championship - they dont just chuck up shots like Golden State - they move - spread the floor break the defense downthe cleveland offense is the equivalent of three yards and a cloud of dustI will say that the fact that Lebron posts not at all is rediculous other than the fact that they have no one to get the ball to him there
Tell me when he shoots better than 35% for the season from 12-18 feet. He dunks, he shoots threes (not all that well), and runs the Cavs offense making highlight reels in the process. Go ahead and visit NBA.com and look at his shooting chart for the year, it's not impressive for a guy who is supposed to be unstoppable. It's not like he is the first guy over 6'8 who could pass the ball, maybe you guys have heard of Magic Johnson or Larry Bird? We could go back before that and talk about Oscar Robertson if you want, but apparently anyone who watches the NBA these days has a severe case of ADD and thats why Lebron is already the greatest player to ever lace them up.
Why shoot 12-18 footers when you cannot be stopped getting to the basket? You ever coached or watched someone like that this is unstoppable, but CONTINALLY settles for jumpers? What do you tell them? GO TO THE ****ING BASKET.The argument is terrible. It's like saying Tiger Woods can't be the best ever because he never led the PGA tour sand trap par saves. Like saying Ted Williams wasn't that great of a hitter because he didn't hit the ball to the opposite field. Like saying Walter Payton wasn't that great since he was only mediocre running outside the tackles. Need me to go on?LOL @ comparing him to Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Oscar Robertson...thanks for helping my point
Why shoot 12-18 footers when you cannot be stopped getting to the basket? You ever coached or watched someone like that this is unstoppable, but CONTINALLY settles for jumpers? What do you tell them? GO TO THE ****ING BASKET.The argument is terrible. It's like saying Tiger Woods can't be the best ever because he never led the PGA tour sand trap par saves. Like saying Ted Williams wasn't that great of a hitter because he didn't hit the ball to the opposite field. Like saying Walter Payton wasn't that great since he was only mediocre running outside the tackles. Need me to go on?LOL @ comparing him to Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Oscar Robertson...thanks for helping my point
I'm pretty sure I saw him putting up a few horrible bricks from mid range in the first quarter yesterday when defenders managed to stay in front of him. Also when you are the go to guy on your team you wont always have time to get to the basket if the team is kicking you the ball with 2 seconds left in the shot clock so you need to be effective from everywhere on the court. It's also called having a well rounded game, if you don't have the ability to stop and pull up for the mid range jumper defenders can slack off you knowing you have to drive to be effective.Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Everyone talks about how unselfish he is and what a great passer he is because he is a forward. This is why I brought up Magic, Bird and Oscar because apparently none of these people have been following the nba for more than 5-10 years since there were players before him who were tall who were better passers.All he is right now is Dominique with better ball handling and passing (thats not an insult, so don't get your panties in a bunch), but I'd bet you don't even know who I am talking about.

20 years ago Jada would have been one of those guys who said that Jordan never would win a championship ( and there were legions of those guys). I'm not saying that Lebron is the best player of all time.I am saying he's the best 23 year old of all time. I am saying he has an incredibly high ceiling.

LEBRON IS REALLY GOOD. END OF STORY.
What are you talking about? He is really good?-the man sucks. I mean, he only scores 30 points a game and only averages about 7 assists and 7 rebounds also. I mean he hasn't even led his team to the finals by himself...oh wait. I think he did.
I am saying he's the best 23 year old of all time. I am saying he has an incredibly high ceiling.
With out a doubt.