• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

Not to mention, the refs will let Lebron take 4-5 steps before he goes up for a dunk or a scoop layup. So if a player like that goes to any team in the West, of course that team will be better. All hail the King?

Not to mention, the refs will let Lebron take 4-5 steps before he goes up for a dunk or a scoop layup. So if a player like that goes to any team in the West, of course that team will be better. All hail the King?
yeah, because Lebron is the first person in the NBA the refs don't enforce traveling rules on..
yeah, because Lebron is the first person in the NBA the refs don't enforce traveling rules on..
The nba refs don't like calling traveling at all, but Lebron doesn't take those questionable steps. This is the jump stop, plus 2 extra steps that make it blatantly obvious. If anybody else made that move (excluding Kobe, maybe) that would have been a turnover. But hey, I guess we're all witnesses.

i actually have seen it commented on that they call traveling on lebron when he does the dominique hopit's hard to tell for me if he travels or if he's so big that he covers so much groundbut yeah in the NBA its a little beside the point to whine about traveling no calls since everyone does it

i actually have seen it commented on that they call traveling on lebron when he does the dominique hopit's hard to tell for me if he travels or if he's so big that he covers so much groundbut yeah in the NBA its a little beside the point to whine about traveling no calls since everyone does it
ReallY?Seriously?
I know-they say it's because Lebron will have his chances in the future and Kobe won't. But I still don't see how anybody can say that Kobe is more valuable of a player than Lebron.
I saw an interview with Kobe that pretty much summed it up, he said the award has changed over the years from being best player to being more of a reward for your team doing well. And lets face it, if you put the Cavs out west and they don't make the playoffs. Kobe took his team to the #1 seed in the far more difficult conference. Easiest way to win MVP is being the best player on the best team. Like it or not, that's how it works.As far as the Cav's going 0-7 without Lebron, tell him to stop missing games.
I have been saying this all along. Take out Kobe and put Lebron on the Lakers-they are a better team. Put Kobe on the Cavs instead of Lebron-I won't say that they would be worse, but they certainly would not be better.
No they wouldn't, because Lebron knows as much about running the triangle as he does nuclear physics. It takes a long time for wing players to learn that system and be effective, and since Lebron has no post up or mid range game he wouldn't be nearly as effective as Kobe is where he makes use of those skills constantly.I can think of a few places where swapping Lebron with another superstar isn't going to improve that team.Duncan/SpursKG/CelticsPaul/HornetsKobe/LakersAmare/SunsAnthony/Nuggets
I can think of a few places where swapping Lebron with another superstar isn't going to improve that team.Duncan/SpursKG/CelticsPaul/HornetsKobe/LakersAmare/SunsAnthony/Nuggets
Duncan, yeah... maybe not.. it would make them a different team, and losing that post presence would hurt the spurs. But it makes me shudder to think of a lineup with Lebron, Parker and Ginobili on it. I'm calling this a push. KG- KG is valuable for different reasons, for transforming the culture of the squad. Lebron wouldn't have been able to do that. However, if for some reason we could swap KG for Lebron, right now, at this very moment, after the Celtics transformation... I think Lebron would make the Celtics better. Paul- Yeah.. Lebron would make the Hornets different. A month ago I would have taken Lebron..but.. I'm drinking the Paul Kool Aid. Paul is the only player on your list I think clearly makes his team better than Lebron wouldKobe- I think the lakers would be better, right now, with Lebron. Not a ton better, but a little better. Like 2 points, 2 assists, and two rebounds a game better. Now, I use as a caveat he's make the team better if he'd, say, been drafted by the lakers and had years to learn the triangle. If you just plugged him in today, there'd be a drop off. Amare- Suns.. Do you know how good lebron would be on the suns? Amare is looking extremely dominant right now, I'll admit that, but I think Lebron would be unstoppable on the suns. It makes me giddy to think of. Do you really think the suns would pass on a straight up trade Amare for Lebron?Anthony- Nuggets.. is that a joke? On the other hand, you think Detroit would like to have their darko pick back about now? I think that Darko pick is going to go down in history as the most infamous pick after Sam Bowie. But, at least Bowie was a dominant player in college that fit a need for portland, who already had hall of famer clyde drexler at jordan's position. What's the excuse for taking Darko?
Duncan, yeah... maybe not.. it would make them a different team, and losing that post presence would hurt the spurs. But it makes me shudder to think of a lineup with Lebron, Parker and Ginobili on it. I'm calling this a push. KG- KG is valuable for different reasons, for transforming the culture of the squad. Lebron wouldn't have been able to do that. However, if for some reason we could swap KG for Lebron, right now, at this very moment, after the Celtics transformation... I think Lebron would make the Celtics better. Paul- Yeah.. Lebron would make the Hornets different. A month ago I would have taken Lebron..but.. I'm drinking the Paul Kool Aid. Paul is the only player on your list I think clearly makes his team better than Lebron wouldKobe- I think the lakers would be better, right now, with Lebron. Not a ton better, but a little better. Like 2 points, 2 assists, and two rebounds a game better. Now, I use as a caveat he's make the team better if he'd, say, been drafted by the lakers and had years to learn the triangle. If you just plugged him in today, there'd be a drop off. Amare- Suns.. Do you know how good lebron would be on the suns? Amare is looking extremely dominant right now, I'll admit that, but I think Lebron would be unstoppable on the suns. It makes me giddy to think of. Do you really think the suns would pass on a straight up trade Amare for Lebron?Anthony- Nuggets.. is that a joke? On the other hand, you think Detroit would like to have their darko pick back about now? I think that Darko pick is going to go down in history as the most infamous pick after Sam Bowie. But, at least Bowie was a dominant player in college that fit a need for portland, who already had hall of famer clyde drexler at jordan's position. What's the excuse for taking Darko?
Here is the problem with swapping for Amare, Duncan or KG. Lebron is not a dominant post presence and not a shot blocker, it's not his game. Sure Lebron would would put up huge numbers in Phoenix, but when they have no rebounding and they get slaughtered by 30 a game because they have no pinknroll targets for Nash like Amare then that team goes way down hill. KG is defensive player of the year and makes Lebron look like a ball hog the way he is willing to share the spotlight. There is no way that Lebron makes the Celtics better right now, KG anchors that whole team. Duncan has no flash, but he is the most fundamentally sound player in the league on both ends of the court, the Spurs might score a bit more, but they would give up more points on defense, exp to opposing big men.Paul is the shit, period. At this point in my eyes I'd take him over Lebron to start a franchise with today. He runs the team better, is a better passer, ball handler and shooter. going 30+/10+ in his first two games in the playoffs put him on a fairly exclusive list of players to pull off that feat, all of them are in the HOF or headed there and the only guy to do it more than 2 games in a row is Jordan.Carmello I think would be a push. Lebron would put up good numbers in Denver, but the problem there is defense which is another place Lebron has little effect on a game. Yes I always laugh when I think about how Detroit could have Wade, Anthony or Bosh in the lineup.
Paul is the shit, period. At this point in my eyes I'd take him over Lebron to start a franchise with today. He runs the team better, is a better passer, ball handler and shooter. going 30+/10+ in his first two games in the playoffs put him on a fairly exclusive list of players to pull off that feat, all of them are in the HOF or headed there and the only guy to do it more than 2 games in a row is Jordan.Carmello I think would be a push. Lebron would put up good numbers in Denver, but the problem there is defense which is another place Lebron has little effect on a game. Yes I always laugh when I think about how Detroit could have Wade, Anthony or Bosh in the lineup.
um, no way it's a push. Denver's defence could hardly get worse right now, and while carmelo is an all-star caliber player, Lebron is a much better one. Saying that would be a push only cements the idea that you're a Lebron hater in my mind. I do agree about Paul. He and Dwight Howard are the only players I'd consider taking ahead of Lebron in starting a franchise. I think I'd go 1 Paul 2 Lebron 3 Howard. Paul is like a Jason Kidd in his prime that can shoot and create his own shot. It's insane. The way Paul's playing, right now.. I'd only take Magic at his peak ahead of Paul at point guard. And Paul hasn't come near his peak yet.
um, no way it's a push. Denver's defence could hardly get worse right now, and while carmelo is an all-star caliber player, Lebron is a much better one. Saying that would be a push only cements the idea that you're a Lebron hater in my mind. I do agree about Paul. He and Dwight Howard are the only players I'd consider taking ahead of Lebron in starting a franchise. I think I'd go 1 Paul 2 Lebron 3 Howard. Paul is like a Jason Kidd in his prime that can shoot and create his own shot. It's insane. The way Paul's playing, right now.. I'd only take Magic at his peak ahead of Paul at point guard. And Paul hasn't come near his peak yet.
You might be right about Anthony since he plays no defense really either. He is a better rebounded than James though.Paul and Howard are playing so sick right now. Paul with his 30/10 games and Howard's 20/20 preformances, it's amazing what they are doing already in big games. I think I go 1-3 the same as you but it's not an easy choice.

As a British basketball fan, i think the whole idea of an MVP award is just kind of confusing by definition.I mean, from what i know of basketball, it seems to be less about the best player or the most valuable player and more about picking a good player from a top 3 side and saying he's the MVP, i think it kind of dilutes the award.If you were truly going by most valuable player to his team, then i don't see how Lebron could not win if you take Chris Paul out of the running. Last year Kobe didn't have a hope in the MVP race, yet he was more valuable to his team then than he is now with Gasol playing like a machine, yet because the Lakers are the top seed he is all of a sudden a contender? How does that work?I think it's pretty damn hard to argue properly over something that is so hazily defined.

MVP = one of the best players in the league that also is playing on a very winning team. I also think it's lame that Kobe might run away with the award when I think it should be a 3 horse race with KG, Paul, and Kobe.That said, Kobe is the best basketball player in the league and deserves to have an MVP in his trophy room.

As a British basketball fan, i think the whole idea of an MVP award is just kind of confusing by definition.I mean, from what i know of basketball, it seems to be less about the best player or the most valuable player and more about picking a good player from a top 3 side and saying he's the MVP, i think it kind of dilutes the award.If you were truly going by most valuable player to his team, then i don't see how Lebron could not win if you take Chris Paul out of the running. Last year Kobe didn't have a hope in the MVP race, yet he was more valuable to his team then than he is now with Gasol playing like a machine, yet because the Lakers are the top seed he is all of a sudden a contender? How does that work?I think it's pretty damn hard to argue properly over something that is so hazily defined.
I agree.. the term "Valuable" has become so murky and ambitious. The award should become Most Outstanding Player.
You might be right about Anthony since he plays no defense really either. He is a better rebounded than James though.Paul and Howard are playing so sick right now. Paul with his 30/10 games and Howard's 20/20 preformances, it's amazing what they are doing already in big games. I think I go 1-3 the same as you but it's not an easy choice.
It's crazy, how much gushing I do over Lebron, and say how great he is, and then I pick someone else to start over him.. but think I would take Paul. I don't think he has a ceiling either. Both of them have the potential to be the greatest ever at their position. The NBA is so packed with talent right now, it's unreal.
Thank God you've at least come around on Howard.One down, one to go.

Jadeki knows as much about hoops about anyone in this forum but if he think Carmel is even close to the player that Lebron is he's lost his sensesCarmelo is not smart and not a winnerJadeki shouldn't be driving either when he maintains that he is

Jadeki knows as much about hoops about anyone in this forum but if he think Carmel is even close to the player that Lebron is he's lost his sensesCarmelo is not smart and not a winnerJadeki shouldn't be driving either when he maintains that he is
Carmelo carried a team to the NCAA championship, saying he isn't a winner is a bit silly.There are a few teams where I think Anthony would be a better fit for the team than Lebron, but not many and starting a team from scratch I take Lebron every time. In Denver's current situation I just don't see how Lebron would really improve them much because Anthony isn't really the whole problem. I have no idea what you mean about driving.
Thank God you've at least come around on Howard.One down, one to go.
When have I ever hated on Howard? He has really improved his post up game enough now to where he does more than just dunk, though I think he still needs to get a really solid go to move that he can resort to when nothing else is working. His athleticism is unreal for a guy his size and when he is motivated he is the scariest guy in the paint in the league.
I'm not going to reply to this all right now because I have to go to work, but needless to say most of it is twisting facts around and some of it is flat out incorrect. The fact that Kobe has a more consistent jumper than Lebron is outweighed massively by the ferocity that Lebron attacks the rim with. When you have a guy like that, what do you tell him? Attack the basket. And he does, and he should. When he loses that explosiveness (which won't happen probably until he's around 30), he WILL turn into a post up player and jump shooter. No, I'm not 100% certain because I can't predict the future. But have you seen some of the plays he makes. I saw him throw down a dunk getting his head above the rim from 12 feet away against the Bulls last week, then the next play down cross someone over, stop on a dime, and swish a 20 foot fadeaway with a hand right in his eye. They was the most unstoppable back to back plays I've seen in my life.Other cliff notes, now you are going to make me late for work--Keith is dead on about no one on the Cavs being able to get their own shot AND about Lebron with Odom, Fisher, and Gasol--LOL @ Marbury not having a solid NBA career. I love when people say that stuff. Christian Laettner was a big failure too, right?--Dwight Howard is either the third or fourth best player in the game behind Kobe and Lebron, depending on where you want to rank Chris Paul
Did you guys just start watching basketball in the last three years? Kobe can attack and finish at the rim as well as anyone in the game. Dwight Howard attacks the rim with more ferocity than Lebron does but he isn't a ball handler. The reason he isn't shooting outside much is because Lebrons jumper is garbage. Look at the shot chat for the season I posted a link to earlier, there was one section of the floor where he was over 30% for the season. Thats a joke for a guy that handles the ball and takes as many shots as he does.You don't know that he will, he could blow out his ACL next week attacking the rim and never fully recover. If those were the two most amazing back to back plays you have ever seen you must not have watching any basketball in the last 30 years.Maurbury never lived up to the hype he had coming into the league. And Christian Laettner was a pathetic NBA player.Lebron doesn't know how to play without the ball effectively. He has always been the guy with it in his hands, watch him try to run off a screen sometime and compare it to a guy like Rip or Allen, his off the ball movement is pathetic in the 1/2 court.Your wrong about Howard, he doesn't have enough post moves and a face up game to be better than Duncan, KG, Boozer, etc... In the West last year the Cavs may not have even made the playoffs at best they would have been around a 7 seed and out in the first round at best. Lebron took his team to the finals through the JV conference, as proven by then getting swept in the finals. All your facts are off, a quick trip to nba.com and looking at stats and shot charts will show you Lebron's perimeter game is a joke compared to Kobe's.
Wouldn't call it hating, but I would take Howard above all three of those players right now. His game is not as complete as any of them, but his natural athetic ability is so far beyond the others that it doesn't matter to me, kind of like Lebron in a sense. We'll get into the same silly argument though, I don't think Howard needs a face up game because he can't be stopped down low ala Shaq, and I don't think Lebron needs a stand still jump shot, and we already know how you feel about that. All that being said, I can at least see an argument for Duncan or KG (not Boozer) above Howard, whereas I see no argument that Lebron is not the best overall player in basketball.
I have no idea what you mean about driving.
it was a Carmelo DUI jokehe's hardly carried himself as a professional since joining the league - the word flake comes to mind
Wouldn't call it hating, but I would take Howard above all three of those players right now. His game is not as complete as any of them, but his natural athetic ability is so far beyond the others that it doesn't matter to me, kind of like Lebron in a sense. We'll get into the same silly argument though, I don't think Howard needs a face up game because he can't be stopped down low ala Shaq, and I don't think Lebron needs a stand still jump shot, and we already know how you feel about that. All that being said, I can at least see an argument for Duncan or KG (not Boozer) above Howard, whereas I see no argument that Lebron is not the best overall player in basketball.
I'd take Howard over them if I was starting a team today. If I wanted to win this season I don't think there is a big man in the game I take over KG. Howard's upside is pretty gross. I don't see why you think they shouldn't continue to improve their game just because they can do one thing really well. The more weapons you have, the harder it is to guard you. Howard would be so scary with a face up game that stretched out to the 15 foot area that he might become unstoppable. Think how dominant he would be with Amare's all around offensive game.
it was a Carmelo DUI joke
Ah, it didn't click, I'm a bit tired.
Go back and read the two bolded statements.Can we say contradiction?
You mean, other than that national championship he completely carried Syracuse to?