• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

20 years ago Jada would have been one of those guys who said that Jordan never would win a championship ( and there were legions of those guys).
I wasn't one of them. 20 years ago I also wasn't calling him the best player ever though.
I wasn't one of them. 20 years ago I also wasn't calling him the best player ever though.
The bottom line is that you assume that anyone that thinks he will become the best player ever or is the best player in the game today must never have watched any basketball besides in the last 10 years.Once you get past that we can continue to debate, but since you haven't all year it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon.
The bottom line is that you assume that anyone that thinks he will become the best player ever or is the best player in the game today must never have watched any basketball besides in the last 10 years.Once you get past that we can continue to debate, but since you haven't all year it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon.
Saying he will become something and handing it to him now when he hasn't earned jack shit are two different things and thats what everyone in this thread has been doing. You have total fanboys like SS24 who say he takes the biggest beatings of any player ever... I guess he never watched Allen Iverson, Dwight Howard or Shaq in his prime. They totally ignore the weak parts of his game instead freaking out and screaming with LARGE FONTS when someone points out statistical facts, and proclaim him the greatest thing ever. I actually can't wait to see what happens to the Cleveland fans when he takes off to go play for New Jersey.He isn't even the best player in the game today. Until Lebron gets a mid range game and learns to play solid defense for 48 minutes, he can't even be that let alone the greatest player ever. Will he do it, maybe... but I haven't really seen much improvement from his individual defensive effort since he has been in the league. He is a slightly better team defender than he used to be, but thats really not saying much. Right now, he is the best point forward in the league, he hasn't earned anything else.He also needs to post up better. As physicial as the guy is I dont understand why he doesn't post up the guy on him to generate double teams more. There are PG's in this league with a better post up game.
And I'm not calling Lebron the best player ever either. I'm just saying he has that kind of ceiling.You're right about AI taking a beating though. AI is maybe the toughest player in the history of the league. He is so small, throws his body into people all the time, gets hammered to the floor all the time, and keeps coming. I also heard today that this season he lead the league in minutes played.. as he has 7 of his 12 years in the league. That's insane, for they type of high tempo, frantic game he plays. He has the craziest motor of any player who's ever played this game. That team that AI brought to the finals was really bad. One of the things people forget about that playoffs is that AI was playing with like 7 injuries at the time, including a dislocated elbow.. in his shoot arm. That's the year I really turned the corner on AI, that had such respect for how he carried that team on his back, how tough he was in those playoffs. I wish he would have been about 6 inches taller.

doesnt in the end it come down to his effect on the games he plays not how complete he is"LeBron James is the league's top scorer in the last period. A quick glance at the clutch statistics at 82games.com shows the rest of the story. In those situations, defined as the last five minutes of a game with neither team ahead by more than five points, James averages an incredible 56.0 points per 48 minutes. He leads the league in +/- per 48 clutch minutes and, because of his presence, six of James' teammates also rank in the top 11 of that category. The strong finishing kick of James is likely the main reason that Cleveland was able to outperform its Pythagorean mark by more than five games, second-most in the NBA. The Cavs were 4-1 in overtime games and won 17 games when trailing after three quarters--five more than any other team."

doesnt in the end it come down to his effect on the games he plays not how complete he is
Extrapolating a stat that is defined as how effective they are in the last 5 minutes into a 48 minute stat to make it look more impressive is a little creative marketing isn't it?No my question is... are his teammates that bad that he just has to take all the shots at that point thus inflating his numbers or are his teammates good also during that time as evidenced by that 6 other Cavs are in the top 11 of that stat? Seems like a little BS though, if they were hat good in the 4th quarter why aren't they playing that way the whole game?
True. I enjoy the Wiz as a team more than the Cavs, and Arenas is maybe my favorite player in the league. That shot the took before halftime was sick.
i used to like them - not sure why they decided to become thugs and stop playing basketball
I'm not sure what this means.
they aren't playing basketball they came out in both games looking to hammer people it's absurd it's like a football gamewhat makes it even dumber is that their smaller than the cavsits like a little guy starting a fight and getting his ass kicked repeatedlythey've been playing very dirty

G GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS 75 74 40.4 794-1642 .484 113-359 .315 549-771 .712 1.8 6.1 7.9 1.84 1.08 3.40 2.20 7.2 30.0 82 82 38.9 775-1690 .459 150-415 .361 623-742 .840 1.1 5.2 6.3 1.84 .49 3.13 2.77 5.4 28.3The first line is Lebron, the second is Kobe. Lebron has a 25 point better FG percentage, almost 2 more rebonds, half a block, 2 more assists, and 2 more points per game. He is doing this on a much worse team, and while drawing much more defensive attention. And yet Kobe will be MVP, and Lebron will finish 3rd or 4th in the voting.

Of LeBron's simply throttling his team, Jordan said: "Sometimes he looks like a man playing among boys. He controlled the game, took hold of it and ran with it. I know they changed their team [since last season], but they've got the same coaching staff and they've got the -- I say this [respectfully]-- the monster player and he's taking over the series, taking it over. He was a leader, a difference-maker."

G GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS 75 74 40.4 794-1642 .484 113-359 .315 549-771 .712 1.8 6.1 7.9 1.84 1.08 3.40 2.20 7.2 30.0 82 82 38.9 775-1690 .459 150-415 .361 623-742 .840 1.1 5.2 6.3 1.84 .49 3.13 2.77 5.4 28.3The first line is Lebron, the second is Kobe. Lebron has a 25 point better FG percentage, almost 2 more rebonds, half a block, 2 more assists, and 2 more points per game. He is doing this on a much worse team, and while drawing much more defensive attention. And yet Kobe will be MVP, and Lebron will finish 3rd or 4th in the voting.
So what. Kobe finished 4th in 2006, with one of the greatest seasons ever. This is the perfect team for people to think that Lebron is doing everything by himself. They play really good defense so they're in every game no matter how Lebron is doing, and they're in the shitty conference. Do you think Lebron would get any votes if they were in the West and not making the playoffs? Because if they were in the West they would not make the playoffs.
So what. Kobe finished 4th in 2006, with one of the greatest seasons ever. This is the perfect team for people to think that Lebron is doing everything by himself. They play really good defense so they're in every game no matter how Lebron is doing, and they're in the shitty conference. Do you think Lebron would get any votes if they were in the West and not making the playoffs? Because if they were in the West they would not make the playoffs.
they are 0-7 without Lebrontheir defense isnt that good esp since the trade
And if you replace lebron with any single player on any team in the west, including the lakers, they are a better team.
G GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS75 74 40.4 794-1642 .484 113-359 .315 549-771 .712 1.8 6.1 7.9 1.84 1.08 3.40 2.20 7.2 30.082 82 38.9 775-1690 .459 150-415 .361 623-742 .840 1.1 5.2 6.3 1.84 .49 3.13 2.77 5.4 28.3The first line is Lebron, the second is Kobe. Lebron has a 25 point better FG percentage, almost 2 more rebonds, half a block, 2 more assists, and 2 more points per game. He is doing this on a much worse team, and while drawing much more defensive attention. And yet Kobe will be MVP, and Lebron will finish 3rd or 4th in the voting.
I know-they say it's because Lebron will have his chances in the future and Kobe won't. But I still don't see how anybody can say that Kobe is more valuable of a player than Lebron.
they are 0-7 without Lebrontheir defense isnt that good esp since the trade
Not only are they 0-7, but they look absolutley terrible without Lebron. Without him, the Cavs would be less than a 20 win team for sure.
And if you replace lebron with any single player on any team in the west, including the lakers, they are a better team.
I have been saying this all along. Take out Kobe and put Lebron on the Lakers-they are a better team. Put Kobe on the Cavs instead of Lebron-I won't say that they would be worse, but they certainly would not be better.