I don't want to get into specifics of your posts, but how can you say with a straight face that anyone would take Lebron of Jordan.I bet if you polled every GM you would have them all say Jordan and probably every NBA player, owner and coach
I hope this forum is still running in 10 years.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

eric snow AINEC
right now...yes.Overall for their careers, Eric Snow has a better Field Goal % than JKidd (who's a terrible shooter in his own right but does enough other stuff well to mostly make up for it).
right now...yes.Overall for their careers, Eric Snow has a better Field Goal % than JKidd (who's a terrible shooter in his own right but does enough other stuff well to mostly make up for it).
Yea I'll take Snow too, since he can't get to the hoop, while a huge chunk of Kidds field goals are layups, yet he still has an atrocious field goal %.

what the hell does being Drafted #1 or in the top 10 have anything to do with someones NBA career? I mean you have phenominal drafts with tons of talent (i.e. 2003 draft) then you have drafts where its just not that deep (i.e. 2001 draft) so you settle for guys like Kwame Brown, Desagana Diop, and Shane Battier in the top 10. I mean some great players came out of that draft (Arenas in the 2nd round, Tony Parker late in the 1st, Gasol, JRich, and Gerald Wallace), but drafts mean nothing when it comes to greatness. Lebron is just raw unadulterated Basketball genome. He is basketball. Are there better players right now? Arguably. Have there BEEN better players? Well at least 1. But the point is he is the greatest and has achieved the most at his age than any other player in history. Unless something drastic changes in his NBA Journey, that will continue to be, and it wont be long before he is breaking records and winning titles like its going out of style.

The Cavs are what, 12-10 since the big trade with the Bulls? They are hardly in shape to challenge for a run at the finals in the east, let alone beat a team out west. The Cavs will have to make drastic changes if LeBron is going to win a title anytime in the next 3-4 years.

the guy got the finals last year when no one thought they could go...and he had a much less talented team than he does now. Its amazing to me how people still disregard the effect of great players on mediocre teams (Michael Jordan and the Bulls, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers) And yes you take away either of those players from their teams and they are VERY mediocre. Its not always about the help around them but the type of players around the Greats that can make the difference. I mean look at Portland a few years back...stacked with talent but never did much...the Jazz in the Stockton Malone Era, never able to put a Championship together.

Maybe not but my points are still valid.

Maybe not but my points are still valid.
'That he is going to win titles when you admit they can't make it out of the East? I agree that being drafted number 1 doesn't mean as much as some people make it out to be. Lots of great players don't get drafted in the lottery.
The Cavs are what, 12-10 since the big trade with the Bulls? They are hardly in shape to challenge for a run at the finals in the east, let alone beat a team out west. The Cavs will have to make drastic changes if LeBron is going to win a title anytime in the next 3-4 years.
they're worse since the trade - Ben Wallace is a shell of himself - they miss Larry Hughes' D - they took on a worse contract and got less cuz it will be even worse the next two yearsThe biggest change in the cavs in the next 3-4 years will be Lebron going to play for JayZHe had back issues the other night - they may not get out of the first round now if they have to play Washington or maybe even Phillysigh
He had back issues the other night - they may not get out of the first round now if they have to play Washington or maybe even Philly
I saw highlights of him trying to win it against the Bulls with the airball and the short layup. The decoy pass to Gibson was nice though, I don't understand why the Bulls had two guys on him near 1/2 court on that inbound play.
  • 2 weeks later...

4. LeBron JamesI feel for him for two reasons: That's a 20-win team without him, and it's hard to imagine any 24-year-old NBA player averaging a 30-8-7 and finishing fourth in the balloting. Alas, that's where we are. He's the most terrifying player in the league, the guy with the best chance of winning a playoff series by himself, a force of basketball nature unlike anything we've seen since Young Shaq, someone who spawned more debate, hope and general intrigue than any young player since Jordan. And he's fourth. Incredible. Back in New Orleans during the All-Star break, a friend from NBA Entertainment and I were discussing LeBron's career and trying to figure out where it might be headed. This is one of my favorite basketball friends, someone who has spent the past 20-plus years working for the league and legitimately cares about it. When I make the joke about how I'm one of the last 20 NBA fans, obviously the number is higher than that but I do think there's a small number of people who care not just about the league right now, but what the league used to be, and how everything ties together over the years. We are fantatics. Kool-Aid drinkers. Quite simply, the league means a little too much to us. It's a relatively small group that takes a noticeable hit every time we lose someone like Ralph Wiley, who would have absolutely adored this particular season, but that's a whole 'nother story. Anyway, I asked my friend what he thought the ceiling for LeBron's career could be. Again, this is someone who was overqualified to answer that question, as well as someone who loves the NBA too much to exagerrate his answer just for a reaction. So I knew I'd get an honest take from him. Here was his answer. "Doesn't have one." If he had said that two years ago, I would have snickered. If he had said that last year, I would have snickered. This year? I nodded.

4. LeBron JamesI feel for him for two reasons: That's a 20-win team without him, and it's hard to imagine any 24-year-old NBA player averaging a 30-8-7 and finishing fourth in the balloting.
He has, I think, the best numbers and if the MVP was based only stats, I think he would win. But the way I like to think of the MVP, is how well the team would be without him and with the other candidate.If Lebron was on the Lakers, I think they would have the same, if not a slightly better record. However, if Kobe was on the Cavs, I can't see them being nearly as good as they are. Same thing with Chris Paul and Garnet. If Lebron was on the Celtics, would they have lost one game?Anyways, playoffs are starting. Lets make it three in a row over the wizards. I said this in the playoff thread, but whenever somebody heckled Lebron this year, he played like a maniac (in a good way). Now that a whole team is smacktalking him (for which they really don't have the right to do giving their history with the Cavs and Lebron), I fell bad for how bad Lebron is going to school them. "The dumbest team in the histroy of civilization." YES! If I am going to fight a dragon, I'm going to fight it straight up. I'm not going to crush one of its eggs and make it pissed.LETS GO LEBRONS CAVS!
He has, I think, the best numbers and if the MVP was based only stats, I think he would win. But the way I like to think of the MVP, is how well the team would be without him and with the other candidate.If Lebron was on the Lakers, I think they would have the same, if not a slightly better record. However, if Kobe was on the Cavs, I can't see them being nearly as good as they are. Same thing with Chris Paul and Garnet. If Lebron was on the Celtics, would they have lost one game?
They would be.No team in the NBA will ever lose just one game in the season.
They would be.No team in the NBA will ever lose just one game in the season.
The Celts would be worse, because no matter how jesus like you think lebron is you can't teach size or willingness to play D, and KG is winning defensive player of the year this year, something lebron can't even make the 3rd team of. The Celtics are as good as they are because of defense, not cause KG stuff the stat sheet.Edit, quoted Superjon but was responding to SS24