Steak, Chicken wings, Pork chops, corn, sausages, ribs, hot dogs, burgers, grilled vegetables are some of the things I routinely put on the grill.Anyone have any good recipes or things that they put on the grill that are good ideas that I haven't thought of?

Get some bone in chicken breast, rub them with some Jamaican Jerk Spice, and grill with some cherry wood chips in the charcoal. Serve with some pineapple coconut rice and grill plantains. Yummy yummy yummy!*L*T*

Beef short ribs. Go to your local asian mart and get them.Marinadesoy sauce and vegetable oil as a base.2 tbsp rice wine vinegar2 cloves crushed garlic1 tbsp crushed ginger1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds1 tbsp sesame oil2 tbsp honey1/2 cup chopped green onions2 tbsp crushed red pepper (if you like spicy)Marinate 2-3hr+.

I grilled last week and I live in Michigan, it was 65 degrees out. Plus there are many people here from places where it isn't cold like it is in Minny.
I know I was just joking around a bit.
Its wintertime you cant grill anything til May.
we are Canadian, we grill year round...the snow is designed to keep the beer cold...sheeshgive me a day or two and i'll respond, i'm just heading out with my gf, but I need to put together the BBQ section of my book so i'll pop a few on here.Also check out Troyomac's "I just cooked my first meal" thread there are some good ones on there if i'm not mistaken.IRa
Steak, Chicken wings, Pork chops, corn, sausages, ribs, hot dogs, burgers, grilled vegetables are some of the things I routinely put on the grill.Anyone have any good recipes or things that they put on the grill that are good ideas that I haven't thought of?
purchase the book "Peace, Love, and Barbecue" by Mike Millsyou'll thank me later

My dad invented a dish called the Potato BoatMake a large 24" long bowl out of aluminum foil.Place a bunch of cubed potatoes, cubed chunks of chedder cheese, cut up onions, cut up cooked bacon, and a lot of butter.Close up aluminum, may need extra piece.Cook till potatoes are softhave heart attackenjoyI agree that it's too hot to BBQ, it's in the high 80s here, I'll need to wait till December I guess.

My dad invented a dish called the Potato BoatMake a large 24" long bowl out of aluminum foil.Place a bunch of cubed potatoes, cubed chunks of chedder cheese, cut up onions, cut up cooked bacon, and a lot of butter.Close up aluminum, may need extra piece.Cook till potatoes are softhave heart attackenjoyI agree that it's too hot to BBQ, it's in the high 80s here, I'll need to wait till December I guess.
..."I'll have the cardiac clipper please".....Awesome.Here's a good healthy quick one:Put a 6"x 6" x 3/4 " square of fresh Salmon in the center of a large piece of foil (say 20" x 20" or so).On top put 1" pad (or dollop) of butter, a little garlic salt, a little onion salt, black pepper and a slice of lemon.Fold up all the sides of the foil 'tee-pee' style and twist the top closed, leave a slight gap for steamage, but very slight. You want this thing to steam up.(some folks like to put some Brocolli and Coliflower in there too... whatever). Place on grill for approx. 12 minutes, but do not over cook.Unwrap and fork out. The fish is so tender and has NO fishy taste at all. Goot for you too.You can also liberally rub olive oil on several asparagus spears and lightly salt with garlic salt and grill till semi tender.

There is an article at steamykitchen.com about turning cheap steaks into really good ones. The premise is basically salting the hell out of the steak about an hour before grilling. I have tried it the last several times I have grilled steaks and it works really well.

Hmmm. interesting. I might look it up.
http://www.peaceloveandbarbecue.com/Here's a little background on Mike Mills.He is the only man to win the Memphis in May World BBQ Championship three times. His ribs were voted #1 in the country this past year by Bon Appetit magazine and The Food Network. He is a local boy here in southern Illinois where he is known simply as "The Legend." He operates three restaurants here known as 17th Street Bar and Grill. The original is in Mills' hometown of Murphysboro, IL, the second one is in Marion, IL, and the third is in the St. Louis suburb of O'Fallon, IL. Anyone familiar with Las Vegas may know the "Memphis Championship BBQ" restaurants, well he runs those as well. He also has a part of "Blue Smoke BBQ" in New York City.He has been doing this a long time, and trust me...I've been eating at his restaurants since I was a kid...the man knows how to BBQ. His BBQ will be some of the best stuff you have ever eaten. His book Peace, Love, and Barbecue has his award winning recipes, including his famous rub (known as magic dust), and his BBQ sauce. You won't be disappointed.
..."I'll have the cardiac clipper please".....Awesome.Here's a good healthy quick one:Put a 6"x 6" x 3/4 " square of fresh Salmon in the center of a large piece of foil (say 20" x 20" or so).On top put 1" pad (or dollop) of butter, a little garlic salt, a little onion salt, black pepper and a slice of lemon.Fold up all the sides of the foil 'tee-pee' style and twist the top closed, leave a slight gap for steamage, but very slight. You want this thing to steam up.(some folks like to put some Brocolli and Coliflower in there too... whatever). Place on grill for approx. 12 minutes, but do not over cook.Unwrap and fork out. The fish is so tender and has NO fishy taste at all. Goot for you too.You can also liberally rub olive oil on several asparagus spears and lightly salt with garlic salt and grill till semi tender.
Out to dinner with my wife tonight and we decided to have salmon on the BBQ tomorrow. I will be using your recipes.Yes..this is what old people do.

I STRONGLY recommend cooking "Picanha" apparantly called Rump Cover in english. All the preparation needed is to rub sea salt on it, and then place it on the grill. A good technique is to put the side with the layer of fat facing the flames for a few minutes to soften it up, and then turn it the other way around so that the juices flow into the meat. You can then proceed to cut slices from it, and grill them further depending on how cooked you want your meat. This is what it looks raw (picture might be a bit too big):picanha.jpgAnd cooked (A bit too raw in my opinion, but delicious nonetheless):picanha-do-chefe-web.gifI don't know how easy it would be to get this cut from a butcher, but if you can, ENJOY!