Bad Fold - Right Reasons

O.k. - FactsFirst level of Dublin EPT4. Starting stack 15K (my stack 15,550), clock 25mins gone. Pocket 6's UTG I limp for 50, late position calls, cut-off raises to 350, small blind call with small delay - (hand range - pocket pair 7 -J OR AK AQ - Doesn’t have AA 100%) I call and so does late position.Pot size going to flop - 1,450. FLOP A67 rainbow.Small blind leads for 1,100 - after he leads I think cooler, I know he is smart enough to lead with set(My thinking he is a fairly solid player with good result in the Dublin circuit and he must have a hand, don't think he calls with 89s or 45s so early in tournament after me limping UTG)I have him on one of two hands AK or pocket 7's - so i re-raise to 3,200 - he goes into the tank for a few minutes and re-raises me to 8,700. I don't think he would make this play with AK so I fold 66 face-up - (turns out him had AK)I few points i think u should know - I’m not scare of going out early. I always try and get my hands on chips early and regularly bust out early. I would be considered as a very aggressive player - but i really put him on trip 7's. Facts - bad foldQuestion have you ever gave up middle set - on a flop without a st8 or flush on it?Right or wrong have you ever gone against your read because it could be wrong? I think I give too many players respect for not being stupid. Bust out shortly after played badly - shouldn't of showed 66 fold. DANIEL PLEASE REPLY

Erm; what do you consider the right reasons..?
Start posting in every thread. We need that girl doing that in each and every thread. You're my new favorite poster!!!Oh and bad fold. How do u fold there? I say a little prayer and shove.

Damn, what the hell you changed the avatar too..... Man this is too much, I will have to take a cold shower... :blush:eh......yeah back to topic..... I would have not folded there.... But that's just me.....

I think Harrington summed it up the best.....I'll paraphrase: "When somebody gives me some convoluted explanation as to exactly why they folded a set to what they thought was a higher set - my reply is, "IDIOT!" - or at least that's what I'm thinking, not exactly what I would say of course."In other words, you are supposed to go broke if it turns out to be a set-over-set situation.

I wish you were in the last tournament i Played. I got AK on the button raised had one caller. Flop was A92. He bet the pot I raised all in and he calls with pocket 2's. Can you believe it? How could he not put me on pocket 9's there...what a fish!I told him that too and later saw that he made the final table. Some fish have all the luck!

I wish you were in the last tournament i Played. I got AK on the button raised had one caller. Flop was A92. He bet the pot I raised all in and he calls with pocket 2's. Can you believe it? How could he not put me on pocket 9's there...what a fish!I told him that too and later saw that he made the final table. Some fish have all the luck!
I was in the sb, Button makes a min raise. I call with 33. Flop comes xJ3. I lead out, he goes over the top, I push all in. He has JJ and I don't feel bad at all.
Not only do I not fold there, I sure as hell don't show people what I'm folding. :club:
Your strategy is flawed. If you show them you are folding a set, they will RESPECT YOUR RAISES!
Yes

To all people saying blindly get it in, perhaps you didn't notice but he is 300 bb's deep. Shoving bottom set 100% of the time facing a 4 bet this deep has to be a leak. There are plenty of times to fold sets and this action may be one of the situations. That said, you are all probably right, as I will never fold a set to a eurotard ever. Contradictastic.