• 40k+
  4. 4. MTT/SnG Played

• 1-25
    • 25-50
    • 50-100
    • 100-300
    • 300-500
    • 500+
  5. 5. Will November be a better month than October?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats bdc and Zach, keep it up!So sngs are going reasonably again. I've been playing mostly the 45 man and 18 man $60s, and a few single tables. Also been playing some tourneys but haven't had a big score. I came like 20th in a ten rebuy. Also, Foxwoods trip report.November sngs:nov.png

Getting crushed in Limit. Gonna take a few days off to concentrate on No limit. Crushing in no limit . Havent had a losing day yet this month in no limit(only played 7 days). Playing quite a bit below my bankroll in no limit though so Im not making much. When I start grinding LHE again Im gonna play just 4 tables. I think playing any more tables is hurting my game currently.

Yeah, I could never do more than 4 tables in LHE. That's probably mostly due to playing on a laptop, but I've never had the equipment to try more than 4, so I assume I can't do it.Moneyball. Play HU limit.

but clearing a good $150/hour in prop pay.
how so?? and how do i do the same :)also, i'm up 1k this month. should have been 1.5k today but lets not talk abotu that.I'll be taking the next week off, so lets hope the last 2 weeks of November will be solid. shooting for 3.5k this month in 3 weeks.
... and krup, if you read this, one thing i noticed about your game is open limping. that is definately not my preference especially in late position. i suggest you take that out of your game. if your going to be the first one voluntarily into a pot the hand needs to be strong enough to raise, and a raising hand might be 78s, adds deception and gives you the lead in the hand which that alone wins pots more than 2/5ths of the time.
yeah i'm working on that its an adjustment with adhering to br management and being able to not be so tight. it's a definite change i needed to make. thanks. i enjoy playing pokah with u.as for results. i ran great on friday and bad on saturday. i won 5 buyins on friday and lost 3 on saturday. i had lost five on saturday in about 30 mins due to some insane insane suckouts. i relaxed, packed the bizzy and proceeded to get even and even up at one point. i wanted to quit but i said f it. then i get involved with the other 300 bb stack at the table get it all in on the flop with top set on a rainbow/uncoordinated board and he rivers quads for a 600 BB pot. i quit shortly after that.alex, i've added a table of 1/2 NL and all I can say is that there is a huge difference imo. the average pots are equivalent of a good 1/2 table, the whole table was 100 BBs deep, and there was very little action. i think this might be the biggest change is table dynamics for one limit. of course this was only a few thousand hands but I feel like 0.5/1 is wayyyyyyy more donkish and profitable. what is ur experience here?

Didnt stick to my plan and ended up going broke, which is probably a good thing because poker wont distract my finals studying

been running at over 30bb/100 in nlo8 so far in my race to get back to 5/10 NL/PL games. too bad i'm a lazy bastige and am only up around 3k in nov because i can't make myself play more than 5-600 hands a day ever. i'm also getting backed in ftops, which is making me play tourneys that kinda eat up an entire day just so i can run bad in unbluffable games (razz and stud8) and lose money, lol.been playing some late night sessions of stud8, and have been going at around 3.5BB/100 there, which ain't too bad. people are absolutely horrific at this game (at least late at night), and make some of the worst 2-3BB calldowns imaginable.my game selection has been really, really good, too, and i've managed to have only 4 losing sessions of about 20 so far this month. this makes me weeeeeeeeee.

I go through stages of playing PLO mtts, where I'll mix them in every day for awhile and then sometimes not play them for months. Anyways I'm playing them again and dominating. I've played about 4 this week and came 3rd in one for about $250 and just took down a $50 freez. Only about 35 players, but still a cool $700 for first :club: .

yeah i'm working on that its an adjustment with adhering to br management and being able to not be so tight. it's a definite change i needed to make. thanks. i enjoy playing pokah with u.as for results. i ran great on friday and bad on saturday. i won 5 buyins on friday and lost 3 on saturday. i had lost five on saturday in about 30 mins due to some insane insane suckouts. i relaxed, packed the bizzy and proceeded to get even and even up at one point. i wanted to quit but i said f it. then i get involved with the other 300 bb stack at the table get it all in on the flop with top set on a rainbow/uncoordinated board and he rivers quads for a 600 BB pot. i quit shortly after that.alex, i've added a table of 1/2 NL and all I can say is that there is a huge difference imo. the average pots are equivalent of a good 1/2 table, the whole table was 100 BBs deep, and there was very little action. i think this might be the biggest change is table dynamics for one limit. of course this was only a few thousand hands but I feel like 0.5/1 is wayyyyyyy more donkish and profitable. what is ur experience here?
100% agree. I am actually bored when i play 200NL. soooo many grinders up there bet you their vpip is like <9%. Its true that there are way fewer short stackers at that stake, which i like a lot. The short stackers that do come along are really really crappy thus far imho. The play is tremediously different, i am still adjusting. i really think the key is to identify the donks and wait for that hand thats gonna get you paid. as soon as the donk leaves u leave cuz there really isnt a point of being at the table otherwise. With those grinders they are all using PT as a huge crutch so u need to think about the likely statistics they have on you and constantly go against the grain. i figure aggression and a bit of unorthodox play should help stack those grinders, as soon as they raise or bet beyond a cont. bet pay attention, i dont think they bluff, too much stuff going on.

1st time in a goals thread:November has been good to me so far. Been doing a better job keeping track of results and writing stuff down which forces accoutability, for which I was sorely lacking.Goals:35,000 hands - 16,000 through todayMove up in VIP - will be there by the end of the weekMove up a limit - will be there by the end of the week (20-25 buy in benchmark)Up $660 in 20nl 6 max and then tack on some bonuses and rakeback from last month and things are looking good...

100% agree. I am actually bored when i play 200NL. soooo many grinders up there bet you their vpip is like <9%. Its true that there are way fewer short stackers at that stake, which i like a lot. The short stackers that do come along are really really crappy thus far imho. The play is tremediously different, i am still adjusting. i really think the key is to identify the donks and wait for that hand thats gonna get you paid. as soon as the donk leaves u leave cuz there really isnt a point of being at the table otherwise. With those grinders they are all using PT as a huge crutch so u need to think about the likely statistics they have on you and constantly go against the grain. i figure aggression and a bit of unorthodox play should help stack those grinders, as soon as they raise or bet beyond a cont. bet pay attention, i dont think they bluff, too much stuff going on.
i am not ready to adjust to this so i'm gonna stick at 100 NL. i feel like i'm a grinder and i don't wanna be playing with a whole table of them just yet. maybe with 6K roll i will but not yet. i agree that the shortstackers are annoying but so easy to 100% perfect against them.

Grrrrr.....Played a decent session today 2 tables of 200NL and 2 of 100NL... Stacking ppl left and right and just playing good solid poker, one point i am up 370. have some dinner and conitnue my session, ppl start beating up on me in the 200NL game tables have gone bad so i jump out of them. sign up on waiting list of a few goodies and have 3 tables of 100 going while i play the 20k guarentee. get 2 tables going of 200 and about the exit out of the 100 nl that i am doing the worst in, UTG i look down at AA i raise obv guy in late pos min raises me !??! no read, hadnt been at that table that long so gonna just have to go with basic play, right nowi am thinking KK or QQ or ?? cuz the min rr is so weird, well i want to exit this table but also get max value at the same time, thinking he has a big hand a 4 bet he thinks for a long time and really think he is going to ship it in... he calls... right now i think he is getting cute with KK or QQ. flop 763two clubs, i pot it he thinks for a moment and calls now pot is approx 100 and i have 50 behind easy push and he calls as i expected river... K i lose... oh what did he have??? K4off psssh well i guess i made him pay the max to drawout lol. After that hand i wasnt really tilted i was busy getting settled in my 200 games and start going..... get beat up ppl making light call downs and my floats where i have something like middle pair and also plan on repping a flush or something never come through and i bleed some chips. Then i bluff off 90 bucks in a blind v blind battle oh well.tournies i got deep in and ran KK into AA.played a turbo to the DS for PCA and the Daily 50 and just got card dead. what evs... ended the day up 20 bucks lolpeace

i seriously hate poker in australia.fuk the bad beat section, this bad week. twice, i lost 2 big pots where villain had to go perfect perfect on the turn and river to get there, and they did.3 times, i've gotten a big draw in, on the flop,(once with 10 outs, and twice with 12) each time i was getting more than 4-1 on my money and i havent won anyI've gone 300+ hands without aces or kings, I've also managed to hit 1 set, and that set did not hold up.Cant wait to get back to playing in north america where the odds are reversed in my favor, down under they suck balls

tournaments are ****ing stupid. i spend one day preparing and 1/2 day eating and exercising for three hours of being card dead at an unbluffable table and missing every single 50%+ shot i have. razz: 1/9 45%+ shots on seventh. stud8: 2.5 hours, zero scoops. plo8: chip up good, then get moved to a table where everyone's short and shoving, and i keep running into aces and losing. f u ftops. if i don't win the horse event i'm going to shoot a bitch.cash games are going well, though. i may hit that 10k goal yet, if i'm able to play enough once the holidays come around. i also seem to have gotten a stalker on fcp, which wasn't an official goal, but it does mean i've hit the big time, lol. does anyone know who rocketwadster is, and why he would be bumping lots of my drunken year-old posts in an attempt to make me look stupid?